Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Our Wills and Fates Do So Contrary Run

(edited)

This show is a hot mess. But I still watch. Not the big Ophelia fan but I do not like Gemma either. Get someone new and better.

I really, really want them to figure out that the DNA test was never run. Liam go to the doctor! Something.

Edited by redsox7819

This show brings the crazy and I wonder if the writers actually have a long term plan on character development....but I can't wait for it to return in November! 

• Love 2

This show totally went off the crazeballs cliff today but I fucking loved it. I wish the show had been this crazy from the beginning because this episode was fucking amazing.

I knew that the DNA test result was a sham!!! Well, really, we don't even know but I doubt Liam and Eleanor are actually illegitimate. Liam, why did you hand over the doctor's phone?! Especially after finding the strange pendent and learning that he had been moved after he passed out.

Again, Gemma tells us Liam will get tired of Ophelia and abandon her... But we still haven't *seen* any of this!!! Ugh, show. Just telling us isn't enough, because right now we really don't actually know! Stupid. And what the fuck was Gemma doing just hanging around the palace? And Gemma is pulling strings with the director of the dance company?! I can't believe it.

Ophelia, you're an idiot. A flight from London to Rio wouldn't take five hours, like the flight from London to NYC. I hope she stays there.

Cyrus had Helena's lover killed?! WTF? That was brutal. At first I thought Helena ordered and that would have been pretty cold blooded. Cyrus doing it makes much more sense.

So we finally saw the actual Queen Mum and she has dementia and also thinks Cyrus will be a terrible king (duh). I almost felt bad for him.

Jasper and Eleanor are hot when they are on a mission and he is not being a creepy sex blackmailer and sleeping with her mom.

Fuck yes to Liam beating the shit of Cyrus! I was cheering. That was amazeballs. I like how Marcus stopped Liam but didn't actually call for help for Cyrus. Hahahahaha douchbag. Though he was apparently well enough to come and snatch the signet ring from Simon's still warm hand.

I totally think Lucius was going to pull the plug on King Simon if Ted hadn't walked in. So Ted actually freaking did his job for once-- except did not fucking call a medical team when the monitors went off?! And he's still not fired?! Well, there's always next season.

RIP Simon, who was too nice for this show anyway.

And Prudence is pregnant with Cyrus's kid?! WHHHAAAA?!

• Love 3

No surprise, they faked the blood tests.

Rachel going to burn the desk was funny, so was “Is my mother’s vagina up there?” a quote worthy of the cousins.

I guess I was completely wrong about the guy who killed Robert, I really thought it would turn out he didn’t actually do it.

Ophelia dancing is like a bad audition for “So You Think You Can Dance”

And Prudence is pregnant with Cyrus's kid?! WHHHAAAA?!

Especially since the sex seemed to be all blow jobs.

• Love 2
I guess I was completely wrong about the guy who killed Robert, I really thought it would turn out he didn’t actually do it.

There is no way they will not bring Robert back, eventually. It is just that type of show.   I enjoyed Liam beating Cyrus, I enjoyed Elenore and Jasper making up a little. I called it that Marcus had a crush on Ophelia (though I think the show has done a bad job of building that up) . I wonder who Henry is?  I am sorry that Simon died but I figured he would as -- if he recovered - the monarchy would have been toast.   I am not sure I understand what Prudence being pregnant has to do with anything. If I was Prudence I would pass the kid off as Simon's: people would be clamoring for his kid after all this.  I was surprised that they killed the Queen's lover. That is really crazy.  If Cyrus could order her lover's death he definitely could stab his own brother.  Next year I would kind of like Liam and Elenore to team up to find out what is going on there behind the scenes. I can't wait until they get their crown(s) back.

The unending and varied levels of stupid of this hot mess almost amaze but mostly bore me. Sorry, but I think I'm outta here...I mean the show, not these boards, of course.

I am not sure I understand what Prudence being pregnant has to do with anything. 

Since Cyrus is the King now, the baby is 3rd in line to the throne, after the cousins.

Since Cyrus is the King now, the baby is 3rd in line to the throne, after the cousin

Actually they would be Half siblings since they share the same father. 

Since Cyrus is the King now, the baby is 3rd in line to the throne, after the cousin

Actually they would be Half siblings since they share the same father.

But if the baby is a boy (and I believe Prudence said it was), and Cyrus were to marry her and the succession laws follows male primogeniture rules, it wouldn't matter that the new baby is younger than his two half-sisters-- as a male child of Cyrus, the ruling king, he would be the heir to the throne, followed by his two half-sisters.  For example, the now Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wasn't actually the heir to the throne even though she was the oldest until the laws of succession were changed from male primogeniture to absolute primogeniture (which they have recently done in the UK, though it doesn't change anything currently).

There's not really a good example of this in any of the current monarchies (that I'm aware of, anyway). But it doesn't really matter, because we know this show will do pretty much whatever the hell it wants to do.

• Love 1

There is no way Robert is dead. That guy blew up the plane, but Robert was not on it. He will swan in, mid second season, with a big speech about saving the monarchy or some such shit. I can't wait. Cyrus needed to get beat with regularity, every episode if that can be arranged.

• Love 5

Who is Henry? When Lucius talked to Alistar, the Queen's lover, he said something about telling Henry. All I could think is that the kid from Once Upon a Time is going to show up. I know that makes no sense, but neither does most of this show.

Henry was the name that Helena gave her fake lover and supposed father of the twins during her interview. She said that Henry was dead. I'm hoping that when Lucius said this to Alistair that it clued him in that something was about to happen and he was able to turn the tables on the two assassins. He's too hot to die.

• Love 2

But if the baby is a boy (and I believe Prudence said it was), and Cyrus were to marry her and the succession laws follows male primogeniture rules, it wouldn't matter that the new baby is younger than his two half-sisters-- as a male child of Cyrus, the ruling king, he would be the heir to the throne, followed by his two half-sisters.

FWIW England changed that law shortly before infant Prince George was born, If he'd been a girl he would still be 1st after William. Of course, this show is actually set in Lala Land so all bets are off.

• Love 1

"Jasper and Eleanor are hot when they are on a mission and he is not being a creepy sex blackmailer and sleeping with her mom."

LOLOLOL for sure! When he tells Eleanor to look on top of the wardrobe: "Is my mother's vagina up there?" There is NO show like this one!

Seriously the Royal security blows. Can the Security Chief be fired now ?

Cyrus is a class 1 ass but he's technically the ruling monarch of Britain and no one comes to check on the sounds of violence ?

LAME

And yeah, Robert is so not dead. 

I've been thinking about this, & I think he has to be alive. They killed off Simon, so he can't go back to being king. That leaves only Liam, & possibly Eleanor (they haven't said anything about her being in line for the throne) other than Cyrus & his spawn. I don't think they can make Liam the King, because that kind of changes the entire story. He would have to become a completely different person, & if they still want him with Ophelia, are they really going to make an American the Queen? It only makes sense if Liam stays the second in line to the throne, which means someone else has to be King, & I don't think they'll let Cyrus keep the crown, or let Helena rule, so it has to be Robert.

And the winner in the category of Most Threating Logo goes to the Domino Group, whoever they are. Just a short line of rectangles, the first one leaning on the second-- nicely understated. When the queen was looking at that card, i could see immediately that those were dominoes and that the message was that the king was just the beginning. And when Liam found that his medallion had been replaced, i thought at first that it was a simple case of someone planting a tracker. But then i realized that it's "we can get to you anywhere" message.

Cyrus had Helena's lover killed?! WTF? That was brutal. At first I thought Helena ordered and that would have been pretty cold blooded. Cyrus doing it makes much more sense.

As soon as the Royal Fixer walked in with the letter, i knew the killing was coming. I just thought the fixer would do it himself, not call in the silent men.

Fuck yes to Liam beating the shit of Cyrus! I was cheering. That was amazeballs. I like how Marcus stopped Liam but didn't actually call for help for Cyrus.

I like how Marcus stopped him only when Cyrus became legally king.

Though he was apparently well enough to come and snatch the signet ring from Simon's still warm hand.

That was just a bit of Fakespeare, no one of any status is allowed to keep jewelry on in intensive care.

• Love 1
That was just a bit of Fakespeare, no one of any status is allowed to keep jewelry on in intensive care.

But he wasn't in intensive care -- he was home, in the palace.  With no attendants whatsoever, of course.

Damn, that was a hodgepodge of major events. Did I miss the explanation of the dominoes? Those confused me.

While I really like Liam and Ophelia together, damn do Jasper and Eleanor have insane chemistry. And somehow Jasper's ever-changing accents make him hotter to me.

I buy that Gemma has an in with that dance company. In those circles it seems like someone always knows someone due to some charitable endeavor or something.

Since Cyrus is the King now, the baby is 3rd in line to the throne, after the cousins.

But they're not married and the baby is therefore not legitimate. It doesn't mean much. At least, it shouldn't. Somehow I get the feeling this show will do what it wants to do, regardless of what actual succession laws are.

There is no way they will not bring Robert back, eventually. It is just that type of show.

Given that the show cites Dynasty as one of its influences, which brought back people from the dead several times, I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm also expecting Simon to have some illegitimate spawn showing up.

What the show really needs is an Adam Carrington type...I think Cyrus was a badly done attempt at it, but one done well would be good for the show, I think.