Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Final Push

(edited)

So little Laura and Sam! Guess there wasn't much of a plot to focus on with them. I don't know what to make of those two.

Poor Toi. I feel sorry for her with the lupus. It looks horrible I love her with Rouvaun and hope they have a happy life together.

Too much Nadine and Erik! What a cute baby, though. I think they will be devoted parents, but I fear that Erik will end up shouldering more of the burden. I also suspect that things are going to get tough for Nadine once that baby is able to talk back.

Anyone follow Nadine's (non-Bravo) blog? I've followed her for years. It strikes me as so strange that she would choose to go on a reality show where she was contractually bound to keep quiet about such huge milestones in her life, especially considering that she built her brand on being an oversharer (her words!).

Anyway, she has a post up about how she hid her entire pregnancy and baby for the better part of a year. I can't even imagine! Seems like this would have hurt her brand more than helped it, but maybe not...

Edited by mcmodelizer

We found out our baby's gender at 12 weeks with a genetic test. It's relatively new and insurance covers it if you're over 35 in NY state (not sure if it's covered for other reasons but that was mine.) They test the fetal DNA through the mother's blood so super safe.

I didn't enjoy this season as much as the last one. There was too much fertility and baby drama which overshadowed the first year marriage experiences IMO.

I liked Toi and Rouvan. I hope everything goes well for them, they seemed like a very nice, caring couple.

Sam and Laura were ok, seemed like the same dialogue every week though.

I wish Nadine and Eric good luck and happiness with their new baby, this couple grew on me over the weeks and I think they are good together and seem happy.

I was surprised at the gender party at 12 weeks too but then I remembered my DIL also found out early because she had genetic testing done. This couple also grew on me over the weeks too. Their new house looked really nice.

I know I said this already but I think it would be interesting if they showcased couples who aren't wealthy or who live in small towns.

I had genetic testing done for my second after I had some previous miscarriages (and was over 35.)  I found out at 12 weeks.  I kept wondering how she was having a gender reveal party when she didn't even look pregnant yet! Ugh, gender reveal parties.  I didn't want to fault them because I like her and he really grew on me after she had the miscarriage but I find them super obnoxious in general.  

• Love 1

So little Laura and Sam! Guess there wasn't much of a plot to focus on with them. I don't know what to make of those two.

Poor Toi. I feel sorry for her with the lupus. It looks horrible I love her with Rouvaun and hope they have a happy life together.

Too much Nadine and Erik! What a cute baby, though. I think they will be devoted parents, but I fear that Erik will end up shouldering more of the burden. I also suspect that things are going to get tough for Nadine once that baby is able to talk back.

Anyone follow Nadine's (non-Bravo) blog? I've followed her for years. It strikes me as so strange that she would choose to go on a reality show where she was contractually bound to keep quiet about such huge milestones in her life, especially considering that she built her brand on being an oversharer (her words!).

Anyway, she has a post up about how she hid her entire pregnancy and baby for the better part of a year. I can't even imagine! Seems like this would have hurt her brand more than helped it, but maybe not...

Why would she have to hide her pregnancy? What kind of blog does she have? She seemed like a controlling me.

I haven't watched every episode because these couples are boring compared to last season. So Laura and Kirk(?) didn't lose the baby? Until last night's episode the last one I saw was them having tests to see if she had miscarried. I liked this couple.

(edited)

Too much Nadine and Erik! What a cute baby, though.

"Cute baby"? Um, I know I might go to hell for saying this, but when I pulled up this picture of their baby on the Bravo website, I literally gasped... and not in a good way.

newlyweds-season-2-nadine-and-erik-baby-

As Cameran from "Southern Charm" has said, when you see a baby that's not cute, you just smile and say, "Ohhh, that's precious!"  Yep, "precious", indeed. Ahem.

I haven't watched every episode because these couples are boring compared to last season. So Laura and Kirk(?) didn't lose the baby? Until last night's episode the last one I saw was them having tests to see if she had miscarried. I liked this couple.

Laura miscarried the first baby, but got pregnant again pretty quickly thereafter.  They had a boy named Jackson Thomas Knight (the middle name, Thomas, was named after Laura's late brother):

newlyweds-season-2-laura-and-kirk-baby-0

P.S. There are more pictures of the babies on the Bravo website here: http://www.bravotv.com/newlyweds-the-first-year/photos/newlyweds-season-2-baby-album/item/10690006

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 2

Thanks LlGirl. And I'll join you in hell because I thought the same thing about the baby.

Thank God I'll have some good company on my one-way trip to hell!

• Love 2
(edited)

She looks cuter in some of the other pics, but I think Aurelia just got a bad combo of her parents' less attractive features.  Those cheeks are kinda adorable though!  I think she'll grow into her looks.  Laura and Kirk's son is really cute! 

That was quite a home that Laura and Kirk purchased.  It's in Rockville, so a little further out in the suburbs than they were in Bethesda, but I have to guess it was upwards of $800,000. 

Edited by Nancybeth

OMG, when are people going to stop naming their babies Jackson?  It's a fine name but every other boy born for the past 2 years seems to be named Jackson.  I'm pretty sure there's at least 3 Jacksons in my son's preschool class alone.

• Love 2
(edited)

OMG, when are people going to stop naming their babies Jackson? It's a fine name but every other boy born for the past 2 years seems to be named Jackson. I'm pretty sure there's at least 3 Jacksons in my son's preschool class alone.

I don't know any Jacksons but I do know a million Jakes. My daughter has 2 in her preschool class, her cousin is Jake and there were so many more at the school and just around.

I was starting to like Kirk and then I was shocked to see him be ok with Laura helping to lift the heavy knight. Pregnancy does not equal disability by any means but heavy lifting is a no no and I would've thought they'd be more cautious bc of the miscarriage. Additionally, I thought they were jumping the gun with the 12 week gender reveal party. Maybe I'm projecting but after my m/c's I certainly wasnt comfortable having a big celebration so early. Oh well, we know all turned out well in the end so I suppose I'm being overly critical. On a shallow note, I think Laura should stay away from curly hair. Not a good look for her.

Very little with Sam and Laura in this episode. The poster above was right when they said that it was just the same conversation over and over so they just weren't all that interesting.

Being in LA with an upcoming anniversary myself, I would love to know where Toi & Rouvan went to dinner. Anyone know?

Aurelia's coming home was sweet. I'm curious to know how Nadine's sleep has changed or if Erik is taking care of the middle of the night wakings.

Edited by DeeplyShallow

Thanks LlGirl. And I'll join you in hell because I thought the same thing about the baby.

Oh thank God! My first thought upon seeing that picture was along the lines of "What the fuck is that?!?!" I think it's the hair that sends me over the edge. What is going on with the hair? I'm going to go full Southern Charm and just say; Bless her heart, she's precious.

Ug, of corse Nadine has mantras and of course they involve words like "joyful", "strong", and "journey". She's like a living Instagram post.

I'm on Kirk's side about moving. They have money and Laura is at the beginning of a delicate pregnancy. Just hire some movers and go to a B&B for the weekend. Of course I have a fairly low tolerance for that type of control freak-out. If you want to make your life harder for no reason have fun, but I'll be on the couch watching Bravo.

NY Laura has a tramp stamp. Yeah, that tracks.

Poor T&R. Chronic illness sucks. I dealt with a chronic stomach issue for 15 years before my doctor found a cure. You don't even realize how much it affects your life until it's over. They seem really good for each-other though.

• Love 1

Woah that baby hair!  I'm going to say that perhaps she just has a very unfortunately cowlick at the center/back of her head. 

I was surprised that Laura/Kirk did not have a 3 car garage. especially with the amount of money they likely spent on that house. Or do they only have 2 cars? I guess I'm assuming they have 3 with the corvette.

Can't wait for the yearly update on them all!

OMG, when are people going to stop naming their babies Jackson? It's a fine name but every other boy born for the past 2 years seems to be named Jackson. I'm pretty sure there's at least 3 Jacksons in my son's preschool class alone.

And all the other boys in the class are named Aiden.

"Cute baby"? Um, I know I might go to hell for saying this, but when I pulled up this picture of their baby on the Bravo website, I literally gasped... and not in a good way.

newlyweds-season-2-nadine-and-erik-baby-

I hope she has a great personality

• Love 5

I hope she has a great personality

With a self-centered anal retentive shrew for a mother and a dorky doormat for a father, chances are slim.

I'm curious to know how Nadine's sleep has changed or if Erik is taking care of the middle of the night wakings.

According to her latest Q&A blog on Bravo, Nadine said, "Thankfully, Aurelia is a great sleeper: she inherited the gene from her mommy! It was important to us to teach her healthy sleep skills, so we sleep trained her at two months using a program called Moms on Call (which is basically the Ferber method plus a schedule), so she goes down at 8 p.m. and sleeps without a peep until 7 a.m. 7 a.m. still feels early to me -- but I know it's rare to have such a great sleeper so young, so we have nothing to complain about!"

Damnit.  Not that I wish any health issues on a baby, but Aurelia couldn't have been a colicky baby or at least a stubborn one to put Nadine in her place?  :P  (Really and totally kidding about having a baby be sickly!)

• Love 2
(edited)

With a self-centered anal retentive shrew for a mother and a dorky doormat for a father, chances are slim.

According to her latest Q&A blog on Bravo, Nadine said, "Thankfully, Aurelia is a great sleeper: she inherited the gene from her mommy! It was important to us to teach her healthy sleep skills, so we sleep trained her at two months using a program called Moms on Call (which is basically the Ferber method plus a schedule), so she goes down at 8 p.m. and sleeps without a peep until 7 a.m. 7 a.m. still feels early to me -- but I know it's rare to have such a great sleeper so young, so we have nothing to complain about!"

Damnit. Not that I wish any health issues on a baby, but Aurelia couldn't have been a colicky baby or at least a stubborn one to put Nadine in her place? :P (Really and totally kidding about having a baby be sickly!)

I knew it. I just knew it. I have issues with sleep training so young (Ferber method, no less), but whatever. Her kid, not mine. My immediate reaction was, "fuck you, Nadine" to her 7am feels a bit early comment. Princess. Man, I really hope that kid has a sleep regression like so many babies do. Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 3

Wow at Kirk and Laura's 6500 sq ft house! I just recently moved out of a 3100 sq ft house that we never used even half of (needed it for short term family member stays). The knight didn't look that heavy to me so I had no problem with Laura lifting the head. I'm with Laura though, that thing is tacky.

OMG, when are people going to stop naming their babies Jackson?

Back in 1989, I saw a little movie called Steel Magnolias.  Julia Robert's husband in the movie was named Jackson.  I held on to that for many years and two years ago bestowed that name on lil'ccphilly.  I had it first.  Haters to the left...

Little Aurelia looks like she's at that pudgy baby stage.  We all giggle about how all our kids went through it.  I am very very jealous that she is sleeping for 11 hours though.  It just "ain't" fair!

Jackson is cute.  I have a 25-year-old nephew with that name.  Interesting that there are so many with that name now.

One thing that really irked me in Nadine's birth scenes was how she kept going on and on about how she just could NOT have a C-section!!  It's not the end of the world.  And after you have pushed and pushed for hours with no success, believe me, you are just happy to get that baby out and hope he/she is healthy!