Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Wanna Partner?

I am not even American, but it seems to me like the only people who would really want Peter running for president would be late night talk show hosts, SNL writers and maybe the opposing party. There would be million jokes about him doing time and the hookers and all of that. And even if he were named vice presidential candidate the attack ads showing his mug shot (in black and white of course with a creepy voice) would run non stop.

Seriously, Sue Sylvester becoming Vice President is more believable than Peter Floreck doing so. I wish I could chalk it up to Peter picking up a crack habit in the joint and Eli being too blinded by ambition/sychophancy to shoot down the idea, but Alicia acted like it would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do if not for the impact on their kids.

• Love 3

No kidding. Didn't everyone lose their shit awhile back, because Bill Clinton smoked a tiny bit of pot in college or something? Peter slept with every hooker in the Midwest, basically, and his wife had to step down from her high profile job after a scandal. How do they see this working out?!?! 

The big Kalinda/Alicia scene was a huge letdown. Kind of like this season in general. How can a show hit such creative highs, only to immediately hit its lowest lows? 

• Love 2

No kidding. Didn't everyone lose their shit awhile back, because Bill Clinton smoked a tiny bit of pot in college or something? Peter slept with every hooker in the Midwest, basically, and his wife had to step down from her high profile job after a scandal. How do they see this working out?!?! 

Clinton slept with an intern in the White House. Hillary is still married to him.

Honestly, the parallels between Alicia/Peter and Hillary/Bill are almost eerie. Will = Vincent Foster. They changed a few details but that's about it.

I have no idea how it works in the world of lawyers/firms/partners, but as someone who has worked in the HR field I can say Alicia's resume (and most of TGW lawyers too) would set off a million warning bells for me.  When someone jumps from job to job to job in very short spans of time, most hiring managers would think "what's wrong with her/him that she/he can't stay put in one place long enough to make an impact on the business, gain valuable experience, etc.

Alicia has not had a series of jobs. She was an equity partner, ie business owner. She started a new business, which merged with parts of her old business. Now she has started another new business. She's a serial entrepreneur.

• Love 5

In the world of The Good Wife, no one will vote for you if you are divorced (kind of makes sense, given how much everyone seems to admire a woman who stays with her cheating husband), but you are a perfect running mate if you have been accused of ballot box stuffing, you've slept around with hookers in a state where prostitution is illegal and you were the SA, your wife supposedly slept her way to the top, your lawyer wife represented the biggest drug kingpin in Chicago (while you were SA), and your wife "lost" an election due to ballot tampering.  Yeah, I know that this isn't exactly how everything went down, but it is how the public (and the other party) would see it. 

They should have had the actresses hug goodbye in profile, just to put an end to all this foolishness.

I think if they were in the same room when it was being filmed they would have.  The person who was your best friend, who you wish you could mend the relationship with, is leaving forever, and you don't hug good-bye?  Either it was filmed split screen or the producers are yanking us around (or enjoying the buzz around "were they or weren't they" together - all publicity is good publicity)  

I don't know why any firm would hire these attorneys, or why any client would choose them to represent them in a case.  They aren't reliable, can't be depended on, and flip flop all over the place.  Depending on the day of the week, Alicia, Cary, Diane, and David Lee may be working together, or they may be trying to destroy each other.

And they never seem to bother to figure out how to win a case until the last possible minute (and now that Kalinda is gone, who will come to their last minute rescue?)

• Love 3
a certain person who said "goodbye" is now showing up next to the frozen food section of a grocery store??? WTF??? Is this a hallucination or what???

When Kalinda showed up in the frozen food aisle, I seriously thought that Vizzini was hallucinating or it was some kind of dream sequence. I kept waiting for someone to wake up in a hospital bed.

I hope someone is coming up with good shows for next year because I now have an hour open on Sunday nights again. I have been dropping shows I've watched for years lately, because hate-watching was just not enough for me anymore. Is it so hard to ask for quality scripted programming anymore? Most stuff is either reality crap or not well-written.
Sunday is actually an amazing night for television for me, what with the following:  Secrets and Lies, The Last Man on Earth, The Royals, and VEEP.  (And more shows that I don't watch I'm sure).  For some of those shows, I'm really pushing it by calling the night 'amazing' but they are all classes above The Good Wife.  This is the first season where I was eagerly watching all the other shows before dread-watching this crap.

I agree that there seems to be a disproportionate amount of reality shows/crappy shows vs. good quality shows. I used to look forward to watching The Good Wife but now I rarely even watch it on Sunday nights because (1) there are so many better shows on the same night like Game of Thrones and Veep and (2) TGW has become so terrible this season that I often wait a week or longer before i get around to watching the episodes. This week I convinced myself to watch it a bit earlier than usual because it's the season finale.

It's beyond ridiculous that the show made a huge deal about Kalinda leaving and then she just showed up in the middle of the grocery store, the bar, the cell phone store, etc.

• Love 2

When Kalinda showed up in the frozen food aisle, I seriously thought that Vizzini was hallucinating or it was some kind of dream sequence. I kept waiting for someone to wake up in a hospital bed.

Wouldn't it be great if Will woke up in a hospital bed.  He had been shot, had to have emergency surgery, and had this dream under anesthesia about everything that has happened since that shooting episode.  Then the firm would get back together, and we could go back to the show we used to love.   

• Love 5

Thanks a bunch for the link to the article, pennben. Nice to know we weren't wrong,

I'm really looking forward to watching The Walking Dead next season, and not even bothering to dvr The Good Wife, which has been airing at the same time unless some "event" delays it.. What's the point, now that Archie has gone-but that's strictly my own opinion.

It's nice to see this law firm supporting the local printing and signing businesses by updating their name so frequently.  ;)  Seriously, though, they need to stop with the musical partners, though I do like the idea of Canning dying and leaving his company to Alicia.

Celebrating Kalinda's departure/freedom by watching Archie Panjabi in Bend It Like Beckham.  Small role, but hilariously unlike Kalinda.

• Love 3

Wouldn't it be great if Will woke up in a hospital bed.  He had been shot, had to have emergency surgery, and had this dream under anesthesia about everything that has happened since that shooting episode.  Then the firm would get back together, and we could go back to the show we used to love.   

Normally I'm not a fan of the whole "it was a dream!" thing, but in this case I would welcome back Will and then pretend that this stupid election never happened.

WE WERE RIGHT!  We are not stupid!

I was really trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I find it ridiculous that whatever issues they have with each other they couldn't put them aside for one day to shoot a single scene together. They get paid a lot more than the rest of us do to put up with coworkers we don't like.

• Love 7

Me personally I never doubted my own perceptions on the scene... or the previous scenes... or the absence of real world public appearances in the same damn room.  The spin put out there that a bunch of kooks were rabble rousing and wearing tin foil hats over this was the truly disturbing part.  To me it stank of people in the industry who were either in CBS' pocket, or who really fell under the spell of The Emperor Has No Clothes phenomenon to an absurd degree.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wish I could say I knew all along JM and AP didn't shoot those scenes together, but like the writer of that article, the second I saw Kalinda slide into the seat next to Alicia I jumped off the couch and stood close to the tv.  Of course it crossed my mind that maybe parts of the scene were done separately, but it was only when I read the comments here, that it became clear that the whole thing was a big lie.  And that's how I feel.  I give AP a lot of credit for putting as much emotion into that scene as humanly possible, but knowing the two characters weren't actually together, really cheapens the whole experience.

The only thing I can think of regarding why this "feud" has lasted so long and was allowed to cause so much damage to the show is that life imitated art and AP slept with JM's husband.  

All of that secret policing stuff, and the best charge they could come up with is that the guy was trying to buy weed plants?  What a total letdown.

And I can't agree more with the views about Peter being considered for President or even Vice-President.  He would be laughed out of every debate, town hall meeting and whatever else.

I felt bad for Canning's wife, but knowing him, I would not allow her to work at the firm either.  She had to go.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 3

Seriously, Sue Sylvester becoming Vice President is more believable than Peter Floreck doing so.

That might actually liven up the show.

• Love 3

Peter has served time in prison.  He couldn't get hired at his local grocery store; politics may be more forgiving.....but not when it comes to the office of president or vice president.  Who would want Peter and his scandals messing up a campaign?.  It's just ridiculous!

• Love 2

Peter has served time in prison.  He couldn't get hired at his local grocery store; politics may be more forgiving.....but not when it comes to the office of president or vice president.  Who would want Peter and his scandals messing up a campaign?.  It's just ridiculous!

Maybe they want him to attract all the negative press so that the real candidates emerge relatively unscathed by the media attention.  He's the decoy candidate.

• Love 3

Must be Alicia and Zach had a talk. He seems to be back in the family fold. He was all for Peter's run for President. Even though he is shooting for VP instead. Hilary's VP? Was a nice little talk Alicia had with Peter about the family decision to run. Grace also had some questions. But he might run anyway. I wondered if the Democratic head that told Alicia to drop the States Attorneys Office, had anything to do with Peter running? Maybe to get back at her, or appease Peter?

I was surprised of the "Lock up Joshua Rickter" story line. With all the problems being reported in the news about the Police. First I thought that like Matan tried to cover up it was drug dealers that took him. Then with just lucky enough on that empty street that a Police Cruiser pulled into that parking spot. Then thought maybe he was going to go undercover for PD. But Judge Suzanne Morris didn't let Matan Brody pull the wool over her eyes. The Dr. Finn trick worked. Surprised, but it was fun. But Matan was messing with them so they paid him back.

Finn Polmar wanted to be Alicia's partner then later changed his mind when he knew something between them would make it difficult to work together. And he is trying to make it work with his ex. But now an upset Louis Canning wants her for a partner. I am surprised if she says yes. Not sure why he didn't stay with David Lee? But after all the moving around of the law offices it didn't change much really.

Felt bad like Diane did for firing Simone Rachibush(sp?)-Canning as Paralegal, but David Lee and Cary were worried. Ofcourse Louis was upset. He will break them up. It will be interesting to see. Diane did look worried, Cary wasn't sure and David Lee confident.

Lemond Bishops lawyer Charles Lester trying to find Kalinda was annoying and interesting. But Kalinda's 2 visits to him and he told her to disappear and maybe be a partner was interesting also. He is worried about Bishop or Dexter.Nice how Kalinda helped him with his phone and told about the info. on the flash drive. After Alicia burned the note and this, he wanted demure to come back.

Eli should not have pushed Alicia's ghost writer Joel Kinsley-Weaver to make it more family friendly on her biography. He should have known better.

I didn't really notice the Kalinda and Alicia scene at the bar being staged. I thought it nice and didn't think of it as more.

So is Dean gone? Is Robyn coming back? Is Julius Caine still closing up the NY office? Bring back Hayden too.