Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

(edited)

Several actors - Ellen, Justin, Jesse, Camilla, Jason, Chandra, and Kevin, at least - were filming on-location in Seattle. Ellen was seen shooting on a Ferry Boat. Apparently the Seattle shoots were for episode 7 of the season, which will be the series' 300 episode.

Tons of photos, videos & tidbits here: 

https://twitter.com/i/moments/888205716858839040

There's some Alex and Jo kissing.... 

Edited by BaseOps
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Yay for Jolex possibly reuniting. That's one positive for me. 

Unless it's a dream sequence, they're definitely getting back together. Apparently the Seattle shoots were for multiple episodes from the premiere to 13x07.

To be honest I really just want them to finally integrate Jo into the main cast. With Strphanie gone she'll need a new confidante so hopefully she'll finally be treated as one of the gang.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2017 at 10:46 AM, OtterMommy said:

There was a scene 2 episodes ago with 4 of the women (Meredith, Maggie, Amelia, and April) that really gave me a glimmer of hope for this show with them being at the center. 

I think that for a while, Meredith, Amelia, and April were depicted as being knocked down and around by traumatic life events (death of Derek, death of child and divorce) and they have needed a lot of emotional support from others.  This past season, they seemed to be finding themselves and growing stronger emotionally.  I think in this next season, they will be women who are strong and able to be emotionally supportive of others who are dealing with stressful life events.  Not sure about Maggie, although, it seems that she has been depicted as having strength due to growing up in a very loving and secure home environment.

4 minutes ago, flickers said:

A show with Amelia, Maggie and April at the center is a show that wants to get cancelled very quickly.

I agree that just the three of them is a bit too much neediness--and I would never want a show of just the four (including Meredith) of them, even if Arizona is thrown into the mix.

That being said, if the show actually grew the characters and actually balanced the entire cast, I would like to see some bonding between the women, and not just Meredith and her "sisters".

• Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 9:29 AM, BaseOps said:

Unless it's a dream sequence, they're definitely getting back together. Apparently the Seattle shoots were for multiple episodes from the premiere to 13x07.

I hope it's a flashback. They haven't had a conversation for half a season so them getting slapped back together as though nothing happened isn't gonna work for me. But most of their relationship happens off screen anyway so it's what I'm expecting.

I am intrigued by whatever guys trip looks to be happening. If nothing else, getting Alex out of the sisters' orbit will make this season better than the last for me.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

I hope it's a flashback. They haven't had a conversation for half a season so them getting slapped back together as though nothing happened isn't gonna work for me. But most of their relationship happens off screen anyway so it's what I'm expecting.

I am intrigued by whatever guys trip looks to be happening. If nothing else, getting Alex out of the sisters' orbit will make this season better than the last for me.

Apparently they were filming for up to 14x07, so there's time for build-up. Justin and Ellen also filmed some scenes together, including one alone having a meal. There was also a scene of Alex jogging, so I wonder if we might be getting an Alex-centric episode at some point. 

1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

Justin and Ellen also filmed some scenes together, including one alone having a meal. 

That was actually Ellen and Justin out having dinner. Camilla was with them. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

If they decide to put Jo and Alex back together, I do hope that they take some care with it.  I have no strong feelings either way about the couple, but I agree that just throwing them back together would be a very hard sell to viewers who weren't hardcore fans of the couple.  However, I can see how they can work towards a reconciliation that would make sense and be interesting to the viewers.

(edited)
On 31.7.2017 at 0:01 AM, Morksmate said:

If they decide to put Jo and Alex back together, I do hope that they take some care with it.  I have no strong feelings either way about the couple, but I agree that just throwing them back together would be a very hard sell to viewers who weren't hardcore fans of the couple.  However, I can see how they can work towards a reconciliation that would make sense and be interesting to the viewers.

I am a hardcore fan of the couple, but even for me it would be a hard sell. They both messed up royally IMO and to just gloss it over would take away the last bit of credibility they have left as a couple.

There are only two ways I can accept a reconciliation by episode 7. First would be that they get at least one scene (preferably more of course) in every episode leading up to ep7. And those scenes must be them talking about them and everything that happened between them.

The other way I could see for Alex and Jo is them getting together quickly and looking past everything they did to each other, because love is love and it's the only thing that matters yaddayadda. But then, bit by bit their issues come back to haunt them and they realize they have some things to figure out first before they can truly move on together. Kinda like Owen and Cristina brushed the abortion/baby issue to the side pretty fast in early s8 and then it exploded in the middle of the season. Only that it's a bad example, because the baby thing still drove Owen and Cristina apart in the end and I don't want that for Alex and Jo.

Edited by GSMHvisitor
  • Love 3

Matthew Morrison (AKA Jo's husband) is returning. From a new interview: 

What do you see as your next act?

Matthew: It’s been a crazy ride since the show. I have a big role in “Grey’s Anatomy” coming up.

Edited by BaseOps
On 8/3/2017 at 3:26 AM, Chas411 said:

Delighted with this. The idea that Jo as well as Jo/Alex could actually get a storyline rather then the constantly churned out sister crap has me super excited for season 14.

No, don't get excited it's a trap LOL!  Lower those expectations and stay strong, my friend!

• Love 7

Matthew Morrison just flew to China to film a movie. From what I know about his concert schedule I think that he should be available for Greys from mid September or about episode 5 ( if they film in chronological order). That gives Jolex enough time to get back together before  Paul arrives to cause trouble in paradise. 

The show is going to introduce DeLuca's sister in the upcoming season. Sounds like she is a doctor too.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/223201_grey_anatomy_andrew_deluca_sister_season_14/

Personally I'm not thrilled about yet another random sister character being introduced. Especially since I've been waiting for Amber Karev to finally make an entrance since season 6 and the show's been on twice as long by now.  (And I don't even mean as a doctor, actually the last thing I would want her to be is a doctor). But since Alex either gets no storylines at all or only dumb ones, I guess we'll never get to see the rest of his family. I wouldn't be surprised if we met Zola's long lost twin sister before we get any more Karevs.

Also, with Abigail Spencer, Kim Raver and Matthew Morrison confirmed as guest stars for multi-episode arcs, we now have 4 (new) side characters for s14. Any remaining hope s14 might actually be less choppy and feel more organic than the last one just went out the window.

• Love 6

Seriously, another sister? This is getting ridiculous with everyone's siblings popping up. And no one has a brother? 

I'm all for learning a bit more about Deluca, but not if it means adding yet another new character to an over-bloated cast. I know I know, every time someone leaves they add five more so this isn't new. But it's getting annoying. 

4 hours ago, flickers said:

Ten bucks says she hooks up with Deluca's roommate.

It's so obvious. TPTB have replaced "teaching consultant" with "Deluca's sister" as the means to bring the character on, when the real motivation is "love interest for Arizona".  

Looks like Arizona's storyline for season 14 will be a repeat of season 13. Too bad they can't give her something else to do, like being a doctor and a mentor. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, flickers said:

Hopefully they do a chemistry test this time and don't just pick a Shondaland family member

Or spouse of a family member. I'm probably wrong but had the actress who played Minnick been in other Shondaland shows?

9 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

The show is going to introduce DeLuca's sister in the upcoming season. Sounds like she is a doctor too.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/223201_grey_anatomy_andrew_deluca_sister_season_14/

You know, you really can't fix a bloated cast problem by adding more people to the cast.  

Also, I'm frustrated that they haven't been able to make DeLuca relevant on his own.  When he first came on the show he was the first really interesting thing the show had done in a while.  And that lasted one or two episodes, then he hooked up with Maggie and that--okay, I guess.  Then he got the shit beat out of him and was completely forgotten about.  Now, we get a sister...sigh!

Well, at least we get to hear some Italian.  I mean, that's cool.  And maybe she'll be an oncologist because the plastics guy is really over worked with all his cancer cases.

3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Or spouse of a family member. I'm probably wrong but had the actress who played Minnick been in other Shondaland shows?

A quick check of her IMDB page...and it doesn't look like it....

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Morksmate said:

And maybe she'll be an oncologist because the plastics guy is really over worked with all his cancer cases.

Seriously. It's no wonder Maggie blamed Jackson for killing her mom. But he did a great job on Deluca's eyes!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I agree. Friends, family, or whoever should be screen tested by ppl who don't know them. We got subjected to horrible screen time with Eliza/Arizona. I'm glad it's over. Of course I want Callie back. But even if she doesn't, I take great joy in knowing that Eliza is gone. Good riddance!

• Love 2

I can't wait to see the introduction with Alex. "This is the guy who beat the ? out of me last year". 

Speaking of Alex, if he doesn't get back together with Jo and if they're doing Maggie/Jackson, let him have a fling with April. They've always been snarky together and he'd be good with little Harriet. 

• Love 1
On 8.8.2017. at 7:05 PM, Chas411 said:

I'm willing to bet it very quickly stops being about DeLuca once she hooks up with whatever regular she's actually there for. This show is too predictable.

I'll be totally shocked if it doesn't play out exactly like that. In fact, I'll be surprised if it has anything to do with DeLuca to begin with. 

• Love 2

From TVLine:

“We will absolutely explore Jo’s story more,” Camilla Luddington told me at TCA when I hand-delivered your Qs. “I know that with the domestic violence storyline, we want to show the spectrum of emotional damage that can do to someone — what their triggers may be, how it affects past and future relationships, the details of what she experienced — and hopefully show recovery and healing. It will be very intense to play but I feel honored to be given the opportunity to tackle something so complex.” As for the mentor matter, although Callie is now gone, “this season Jo may feel inspired by someone again,” ventures the actress, who also has heard “rumblings” that Jo will (finally) brave her boards in Season 14.

Where is the new season of Grey’s Anatomy picking up? 
Right where we left off, so everyone is still reeling in the wake of the finale explosion. But it won’t be long before there’s a shakeup at Grey Sloan. “There’s obviously some damage to the hospital,” Kelly McCreary says. “But it is, in true Grey’s Anatomy style, a completely surmountable obstacle, because we are superhuman doctors. It serves more as a metaphor of the transformation that the show is going to go through tonally. It’s lighter this season. The hospital definitely is undergoing some changes in the form of a new crop of students coming in. It’ll look a bit different in certain areas, and some relationships have come to an end or are blossoming, so repairing the damage is more of a metaphor.”

On August 8, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Morksmate said:

More info on DeLuca's sister:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/08/greys-anatomy-season-14-stefania.html

At least they are saying they are going to "flesh out" DeLuca...finally.  Still, it kind of sucks that they needed to bring in another character to do it.

Also, I'm wracking my mind, but have we ever had a mystery/long lost/previously unmentioned brother show up on this show?  I can't think of one...

We had Ben's brother who turned out to be a trans woman, appeared in one episode and never seen again. Alex's brother counts for his one episode of backstory dump. Other than that, I can't think of anyone else. 

On 8/15/2017 at 6:01 AM, Pinecone said:

We had Ben's brother who turned out to be a trans woman, appeared in one episode and never seen again. Alex's brother counts for his one episode of backstory dump. Other than that, I can't think of anyone else. 

Totally forgot about Ben's brother. I wonder why they never continued that. 

I was hoping this would never be spoken of again. From EW:

Should we be worried about Joluca on Grey’s Anatomy?
Since the season is picking up right where we left off, DeLuca’s feelings for Jo certainly have not gone away. “It’s something that’s going to continue to be brought up until it has some resolution,” Giacomo Gianniotti says. “He’s aware that he jumped the gun a bit on a woman who was very fresh out a relationship, went through a very traumatic experience, is running from a very traumatic experience, and he jumped the gun a little bit. He needed to give her some space and time alone to figure out and sort through her emotions, and maybe then she’d be in a better place to open her life to someone new.”

3 hours ago, BaseOps said:

I was hoping this would never be spoken of again. From EW:

Should we be worried about Joluca on Grey’s Anatomy?
Since the season is picking up right where we left off, DeLuca’s feelings for Jo certainly have not gone away. “It’s something that’s going to continue to be brought up until it has some resolution,” Giacomo Gianniotti says. “He’s aware that he jumped the gun a bit on a woman who was very fresh out a relationship, went through a very traumatic experience, is running from a very traumatic experience, and he jumped the gun a little bit. He needed to give her some space and time alone to figure out and sort through her emotions, and maybe then she’d be in a better place to open her life to someone new.”

Ugh, just ugh.  

Jo is the character who just has too much--homeless, abused wife, on the run, dumped by Alex, blah blah blah.  The last thing she needs is a love triangle.  I wish they would just take the time to "clean up" her character a bit before dumping more on her.

And I wish they would find something far more interesting for Deluca....

On August 7, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Chas411 said:

No, but she's married to Scott Foley, who Shonda is obsessed with. 

55 minutes ago, carouselride said:

By the time the helicopter arrives to Seatlle Grace Mercy Death Memorial, Megan is dead? Or she dies so Nathan and Mer can be mega boring together?

Megan (and Teddy!) will be around until at least episode 5.

Here's the actual quote from EW: 

What do you have on Grey's Anatomy? 
You may have heard that Grey's Anatomy is heading into a lighter season, but trust me when I tell you that there will be some shocking news by the end of the two-hour premiere that will really make you question, well, everything.

Edited by BaseOps

I'm sure it has something to do with Megan, like she wasn't kidnapped/missing she was either helping the enemy or just didn't get in contact with anyone or, even better and most likely, has amnesia.  The thing is, though, who cares because we don't even know Megan and just learned about her last season. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Ffs - one person leaves and they replace her with four? 

It's pretty routine to get a full new batch of interns. Most won't stick around (remember DeLuca's class?). And, actually, I think the report I read was wrong - it may be 3 new interns, because I did some digging and one of the actresses was wearing pink scrubs, which makes me believe she's just a one-off guest star working in OB. 

Here's one of the new male interns;