Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Nobodysfan said:

I noticed that, Jackson even said her name.

I've got a call into Jan Reger.

00:14:46,285 --> 00:14:47,552
She's great, but she's
in Whidbey Island, so...

Where is Whidbey Island? Is it not a part of Seattle?

The question is if Deluca has some problems with his eye after the surgery, Jan Reger may actually come to Greys. Ben said:

I'd be worried about rebleeds,
long-term vision loss.

Also how on earth can a plastic surgeon operate on an eye????!!!!  This hospital is a mess without at least the ophthalmologist assisting Jackson, poor Deluca and his sight.

Last ophthalmologist we saw was the one dating Mark Sloan before the plane crash. Everyone in Seattle has great eyesight, I guess. 

6 hours ago, Joana said:

An idea - maybe the ophthalmologist mentioned in this episode will be Arizona's new love interest? Nowadays they rarely even bother pretending there's more hospital staff than the same 10 people we see every week, so perhaps there's a reason why her name was brought up. 

I have a feeling that Arizona will butt heads with and then eventually date whoever they bring in to replace Alex. 

Otherwise there's no point (to me) to shove her in between Alex and DeLuca after these first 2 episodes she won't be in. 

Did I just completely remember wrong about Deluca and Alex? I thought he thought she was being raped? Alex DID act violently, but he was (in his mind) reacting to a violent act. Jo accidentally sabotaged both Deluca AND Alex.  

As for Meredith, I have zero confidence that she will end this triangle mess with mature adult thoughtfulness. The woman stopped being a nice person around season six. Maggie is doomed.

• Love 1

13x04 - Falling Slowly

Alex struggles to do the right thing, but can't get a break; Jackson and April adjust to life with the baby; Amelia is uncertain about her relationship with Owen. 

Ugh. Here comes the Amelia / Owen drama...

• Love 1

Honestly I think they could have written out both Amelia and Owen at the end of last season. There's no place for them anymore and they've exhausted all storyline potential at this point. Getting rid of them and introducing a new character would have been more refreshing.

• Love 3

4 episodes of relative marital happiness? LOL that's a long time for Grey's. 

I actually like Amelia much of the time but I thought she should have left when Derek died.  And Owen when Cristina left. I also don't understand why Maggie was necessary. But, I guess they were brought on/kept around along with Riggs to give Meredith people.  Derek, Cristina and Alex (and Richard & Bailey on occasion) were the only people she was close to during the past few seasons. 

I think Amelia will be relatively light this year. I'm not positive when Caterina is due but if its soon she'll probably have a lighter work schedule.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

On Grey's, when it makes sense for something to happen, it doesn't and vice versa. Realistically speaking, there should be drama with Owen and Amelia, as they're two very messed up people who rushed into marriage without thinking it through. And so, because this is Grey's, I wouldn't at all be surprised if their marriage was all bliss and smooth sailing (before some kind of tragedy inevitably occurs 3 seasons from now) and the "drama" is not being able to agree on the colour of curtains or something. 

So I wonder if Alex is going to actually spend some time in jail?  As much as I get tired of the double standard when it comes to Alex, all of the other criminal/ethical violations got covered up by the hospital.  I don't remember any other time where the police were involved, so this case is a little different. Whether the writers use this logic or not remains to be seen, but it won't surprise me if he does some jail time and we get a time jump.  But if that happens would he be able to keep his medical license?

I think he might get off somehow or get probation/community service. That way the tension will remain there with DeLuca for when Arizona is back.

it sounds like he's back in the hospital by the Third episode.

i wonder who Jos mentor will be..

Derek was in jail overnight for speeding when Meredith wouldn't go bail him out but I don't remember anyone else.

I think Richard is going to be Jo's mentor. I'm really hoping so. She needs someone in her corner and it brings Richard into the story. 

How much of a time jump do we think there is between this episode and the next?  There has to be at least a few weeks since its Alex's trial and DeLuca has residual bruising and his arm in a sling (there's been time to heal). I hope the episode tells us if Alex was out on bail, how long he was in jail for, etc.

2 hours ago, windsprints said:

How much of a time jump do we think there is between this episode and the next?  There has to be at least a few weeks since its Alex's trial and DeLuca has residual bruising and his arm in a sling (there's been time to heal). I hope the episode tells us if Alex was out on bail, how long he was in jail for, etc.

Not necessarily...we know they are all in a courtroom, but I'm not sure it is his actual trial.  Someone with more legal knowledge with me can jump in here, but don't they have pre-trial hearings or such when the defendant enters a plea and don't those happen pretty quickly after a suspect is arrested?

In the real world, he'd get arraigned the next day and eligibility for bail would be decided and set. Then Mere could bail him out. Then there'd be a time period where the prosecution would decide if they wanted to offer him a deal or not. They would definitely get DeLuca's input on how harshly to deal with him, maybe a psych evaluation, pre trial. If he turned down a deal, they'd go to trial. 

I know Shonda hates realism, but this would be a great storyline to start a talk about white privilege  and class and how that affects one's journey through the legal system. Not a lawyer, but I can see them pleading out Alex, who has already embraced his life being over, if DeLuca agrees and isn't permanently injured. A huge fine, strict probation, court ordered therapy and community service with maybe weekend jail is what I'd expect. 

His is medical license is governed by the state board. Did anyone see that series this summer about sexual predator doctors who kept getting slaps on the wrist for sexual assaults? The Atlanta Journal Constitution published it. I'd think he'd keep his license since it wasn't an attack on a patient, but it might also be suspended. 

• Love 1

I think I am rooting for Maggie and Nathan.

Although it is true they ended Maggie/Deluca quickly, I think  Maggie and Nathan have a far better natural chemistry with each other than Meredith and Nathan.

Seeing the promo pictures from 1304 Nathan keeps pining after Meredith and she is treating him and looking at him like a bitch. He should let her be.

I think the way Ellen plays Meredith in scenes with Martin shows total disconnection between actors. I find their scenes strange. Cringeworthy.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Nobodysfan said:

I think the way Ellen plays Meredith in scenes with Martin shows total disconnection between actors. I find their scenes strange. Cringeworthy.

They have no chemistry. I mean, MerDer is always going to be hard to follow, but Meredith had more spark and connection with Dr. Thorpe than she does with Nathan. 

Maggie and Nathan have an easy vibe. Of course Maggie's not going to get the guy and after all of this back and forth Meredith and Nathan will be a thing, but it's unfortunate that Meredith's presumed "next great love" is forced. Just like Callie's was with Penny. 

Grey's Anatomy is just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. I think the Jolex and Japril relationships, and Bailey and Richard individually and respectively, are the only characters and pairings that will give the most natural storytelling. As natural as Grey's Anatomy storytelling can be now. And that's probably because they are established and not anything that was just stuck together for the hell of it or brought on as a replacement due to circumstances outside of the show. 

What happens with the rest of them is essentially unnatural to me in regards to this make believe universe that Shonda built. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Nobodysfan said:

I think I am rooting for Maggie and Nathan.

Although it is true they ended Maggie/Deluca quickly, I think  Maggie and Nathan have a far better natural chemistry with each other than Meredith and Nathan.

Seeing the promo pictures from 1304 Nathan keeps pining after Meredith and she is treating him and looking at him like a bitch. He should let her be.

I like Maggie.  And normally I'd be ok with her having a nice relationship with a handsome fellow like Riggs.  But since his Not!Dead wife might materialize out of the woodwork, then I don't want to have to witness that.  Better Meredith than her.

I do wonder why they chose to so abruptly end Maggie and DeLuca?  if Mer and Riggs are end game?  I think if Maggie and DeLuca had still been together when Alex beat up DeLuca that would have added to the drama a lot.  There would be the question of just what DeLuca was doing with Jo in a compromising position?  The sisters would have a more believable and worthy rift than a stupid love triangle if Mer's best friend beat up Maggie's boyfriend.  Also Maggie's investment over what happened to him would have felt more immediate.  As it is, her attempts to convince Riggs that she was free during this whole thing just seemed tangential and not in keeping with the seriousness of what was happening.

But that said I do get more chem between Maggie & Riggs than Mer & Riggs and I chalk it 100% up to Ellen's acting choices.  Meredith doesn't even seem to want to be bothered, even beyond wanting to protect Maggie's feelings.  So that distance comes across in the dynamic between the two characters as well, and not in a "oh Meredith is fighting her feelings" way but in a "they just aren't connecting" way.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I like Maggie.  And normally I'd be ok with her having a nice relationship with a handsome fellow like Riggs.  But since his Not!Dead wife might materialize out of the woodwork, then I don't want to have to witness that.  Better Meredith than her.

I do wonder why they chose to so abruptly end Maggie and DeLuca?  if Mer and Riggs are end game?  I think if Maggie and DeLuca had still been together when Alex beat up DeLuca that would have added to the drama a lot.  There would be the question of just what DeLuca was doing with Jo in a compromising position?  The sisters would have a more believable and worthy rift than a stupid love triangle if Mer's best friend beat up Maggie's boyfriend.  Also Maggie's investment over what happened to him would have felt more immediate.  As it is, her attempts to convince Riggs that she was free during this whole thing just seemed tangential and not in keeping with the seriousness of what was happening.

But that said I do get more chem between Maggie & Riggs than Mer & Riggs and I chalk it 100% up to Ellen's acting choices.  Meredith doesn't even seem to want to be bothered, even beyond wanting to protect Maggie's feelings.  So that distance comes across in the dynamic between the two characters as well, and not in a "oh Meredith is fighting her feelings" way but in a "they just aren't connecting" way.

Exactly what I meant.  I am glad somebody else feels the same way and I am not just imagining something.

I saw some comments from fans on youtube clips that Meredith is lying and hiding her feelings. I think it is not true. As you said she could care less about this man. 

At times I feel Pompeo gives a superior condescending vibe the way she chooses to play Meredith in their scenes to Martin´s character, like go to hell and stop bothering me. I think Martin as an actor must feel it,too. I don´t think it is in the direction. It is her acting choice.

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.04 - Falling Slowly/144622_8534.jpg.php

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.04 - Falling Slowly/144622_8558.jpg.php

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.04 - Falling Slowly/144622_8619.jpg.php

She is looking at Nathan as if he ate her breakfast, lunch and dinner or as if he were an unpleasant bedbug. It is simply awful.

Looking back at promo photos from 1302 I now realise that the original thought I had about their chemistry is not there anymore. Even in those scenes where I thought Meredith was sort of flirting with him, it is not like that, it is some kind of ironic satiric behaviour/attitude towards Nathan. Odd.

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.02 - Catastrophe and the Cure/144506_4503.jpg.php She is simply giving him a cheeky grin.

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.02 - Catastrophe and the Cure/144506_4580.jpg.php

How they can define their relationship in 1304 is beyond me.

Even from BTS an odd photo: 

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.01 - Undo/144247_3393.jpg.php

Credit to spoilertv.com

Edited by Nobodysfan
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

They have no chemistry. I mean, MerDer is always going to be hard to follow, but Meredith had more spark and connection with Dr. Thorpe than she does with Nathan. 

Maggie and Nathan have an easy vibe. Of course Maggie's not going to get the guy and after all of this back and forth Meredith and Nathan will be a thing, but it's unfortunate that Meredith's presumed "next great love" is forced. Just like Callie's was with Penny. 

Grey's Anatomy is just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. I think the Jolex and Japril relationships, and Bailey and Richard individually and respectively, are the only characters and pairings that will give the most natural storytelling. As natural as Grey's Anatomy storytelling can be now. And that's probably because they are established and not anything that was just stuck together for the hell of it or brought on as a replacement due to circumstances outside of the show. 

What happens with the rest of them is essentially unnatural to me in regards to this make believe universe that Shonda built. 

Very true indeed. All of it.  Just in that little clip when they were dancing. Such an easy natural rapport.

55 minutes ago, flickers said:

After the scene with Jackson and Maggie talking about lingering feelings and whatever, I think they are going to go back to Maggie/Deluca. She is clearly not going to get far with Riggs. 

Yes, quite possibly a reunion for the couple is coming. But I think Maggie has more chemistry with Nathan than with Deluca.

Edited by Nobodysfan
On 27.9.2016 at 6:12 PM, Nobodysfan said:

Exactly what I meant.  I am glad somebody else feels the same way and I am not just imagining something.

I saw some comments from fans on youtube clips that Meredith is lying and hiding her feelings. I think it is not true. As you said she could care less about this man. 

At times I feel Pompeo gives a superior condescending vibe the way she chooses to play Meredith in their scenes to Martin´s character, like go to hell and stop bothering me. I think Martin as an actor must feel it,too. I don´t think it is in the direction. It is her acting choice.

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.04 - Falling Slowly/144622_8534.jpg.php

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.04 - Falling Slowly/144622_8558.jpg.php

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.04 - Falling Slowly/144622_8619.jpg.php

She is looking at Nathan as if he ate her breakfast, lunch and dinner or as if he were an unpleasant bedbug. It is simply awful.

Looking back at promo photos from 1302 I now realise that the original thought I had about their chemistry is not there anymore. Even in those scenes where I thought Meredith was sort of flirting with him, it is not like that, it is some kind of ironic satiric behaviour/attitude towards Nathan. Odd.

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.02 - Catastrophe and the Cure/144506_4503.jpg.php She is simply giving him a cheeky grin.

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.02 - Catastrophe and the Cure/144506_4580.jpg.php

How they can define their relationship in 1304 is beyond me.

Even from BTS an odd photo: 

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season 13/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 13.01 - Undo/144247_3393.jpg.php

Credit to spoilertv.com

The promo pictures for episode 13x04. I mean the Amelia aka Catherina has gained weight is clear, we know why. But Meredith seems to have gained a little weight. And there are many Merthan scenes. Nathan does not depend on Meredith and fell in love with it. And I guess the sex to Meredith and Nathan car four times had has not been without consequences. It is so long since speculated that someone to be pregnant again in the 13 season. And Amelia is excluded first, despite the pregnancy of Catherina.

Edited by Maukie99
On September 27, 2016 at 8:56 AM, flickers said:

After the scene with Jackson and Maggie talking about lingering feelings and whatever, I think they are going to go back to Maggie/Deluca. She is clearly not going to get far with Riggs. 

Riggs does not seem to be into Maggie at all. I think you're right about DeLuca.

So far this love triangle business looks incredibly stupid, mostly because there is NO love triangle to speak of. Sometimes people can be genuinely torn between several options, that's clearly not the case here - everyone knows exactly what they want. It would all be so easy to settle if the people involved didn't act like they were 12.

The next episode's promo shows Meredith asking Nathan not to go out on a date with Maggie. I think he is going to do it, just to mess with Meredith. And they'll probably have a good time on it and will spark at least some interest in Maggie on his side, so that this nonsense could be prolonged for a few more episodes. 

• Love 2

To be honest I'd hate that and I think if they want to have this ship taken seriously then they'll avoid him messing both sisters around.

As silly as the triangle is I'd rather it be played for laughs then have it get angsty with him genuinely torn. That's just going to put people off him. Leading Maggie on when he genuinely prefers her sister would also generate a bad reaction from fans.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Joana said:

So far this love triangle business looks incredibly stupid, mostly because there is NO love triangle to speak of. Sometimes people can be genuinely torn between several options, that's clearly not the case here - everyone knows exactly what they want. It would all be so easy to settle if the people involved didn't act like they were 12.

The next episode's promo shows Meredith asking Nathan not to go out on a date with Maggie. I think he is going to do it, just to mess with Meredith. And they'll probably have a good time on it and will spark at least some interest in Maggie on his side, so that this nonsense could be prolonged for a few more episodes. 

Nathan will not go out with Maggie and have a date. Maggie is in 13x02 learn the Meredith and Nathan had sex with each other and that Nathan is in love with Meredith and not in it. And I think Nathan will be careful and so make a stupid mistake, he knows that Meredith also very like him, even if they deny it, but then to make Meredith jealous with Maggie, would be pretty stupid of Nathan, he would not only Maggie order hurt the then feels as exploited, but Meredith.

And so Nathan has again a problem with Owen, because this will not allow that he violated since it is Meredith almost like a sister to him.

I think there will be material for Jo after the initial fallout.  Everyone picking sides, the legal proceedings, etc will just come first.

I posted an interview in media with Ellen (about no end date in sight) and she mentioned that Alex gets demoted.  I'm wondering if there's a plea deal and it never actually goes to trial.  They would get all the drama of people picking sides without having to actually waste time on a trial.  If there is a trial I don't see how DeLuca doesn't mention Jo's ex husband.  I don't see him being willing to lie on the stand for Jo at this point.

12 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

That interview with Ellen gave me the creeps that a romance with Alex could eventually be on the cards. Just when she talks about their chemistry...

I didn't take it like that. I thought she was talking about friendship chemistry. Ellen has always been consistent that she would play it if they ever go there but it would be "Eww" because Alex and Meredith and Ellen and Justin are like siblings.

I think a plea deal is a good bet. What is Alex's position at the hospital now?

14 minutes ago, Joana said:

Isn't he the chief of pediatric surgery? So someone will have the replace him, and yeah, that person will probably be Arizona's new love interest. 

Who knows with these writers lol. He was when Arizona was doing her fellowship in Neonatal, but then last season, I remember them saying all the chiefs were women except Owen. That's a good guess about Arizona's new love interest.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/greys-anatomy-camilla-luddington-jo-alex/?ftag=TVG_Twitter&ftag=twtrsoshares

Interview with Camilla on the next few episodes from Jos point of view. What could have been a great storyline looks like it's just going to be the same old crap where Jo gets next to no material and everyone hates her.

Oh my god, I am SO ready for Jo to wipe her tears and get pissed.  I know that isn't fair of me because of all times for her to feel sad, confused, lonely, etc., its now, but good god I feel like this is ALL that she has done for the last two seasons.  I'm tired of it and I want to see her tell Alex off, tell Meredith off again if necessary, tell those gossiping about her to mind their fucking business and do something with her career.  I really do have sympathy for Jo and what she is going through now, but the writers have screwed her character up so, so much in the last two seasons that honestly, I don't have nearly the amount of sympathy for her as I used to.  And that sucks, because I do really like her character.  I hope that Camilla is just being very vague in that interview so as to not give stuff away, because the next few episodes don't sound all that compelling for Jo.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Joana said:

True words. I agree.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

Isn't he the chief of pediatric surgery? So someone will have the replace him, and yeah, that person will probably be Arizona's new love interest.

I thought he was but as Evie said they commented that the chiefs other than Owen were women. I can't recall, maybe they were talking about the people in the room & Alex wasn't there? Or, maybe they just considered him one of the gals being that was his role for 2 seasons, lol.

He being chief of Peds now would work well with being demoted and actually make a bit of sense.  I can see the hospital wanting to remove him from a supervisory role (at least for awhile) given DeLuca is a resident.  Good guess with someone new being Arizona's love interest but I'm hoping Alex's demotion isn't permanent. I only say that since Bailey was named COS after injecting the kid with HIV and Meredith named chief of General after her fraud so in the universe of SGM Alex can surely get his spot back at some point.

the next few episodes don't sound all that compelling for Jo

Agreed. I do think she will get some decent story going forward though. I think the next couple of episodes are all about what happens to Alex following what he did to DeLuca and they'll get to Jo after that. Since they have the sisters triangle and 297 characters there's no way Alex & Jo would get that much screentime to tell both at the same time. I'm hoping Richard is mentoring/being her friend at least.  She needs someone and I really liked their scenes in the first episode.

• Love 1

Yeah, something weird is going on with the peds department ever since Arizona took that fellowship. As interesting the whole story arc with Gina Davis was, it turned out to be yet another example of a plot that serves its purpose for a while but messes things up down the road, like Meredith having the 3rd kid or the entire hospital board business. I don't think anyone really knows who's in charge there or what Arizona's specific duties are now. But if Alex is being demoted, I guess the writers will decide he's been the chief.

Edited by Joana
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Ugh the article with Camilla gives me the sleaziest feeling eh that here actually going to make Jo/DeLuca happen..

You might hate what I say, but this is exactly what the writers might try, I think Jo/Deluca is going to happen, I don´t know how they will do it, but I kind of like the idea, both actors connect with each other in the way they act, it was seen in the last season finale and in that short scene in the premiere.

Edited by Nobodysfan

I don't really see anything between them but I could see the writers pushing it in order to facilitate Alex's eventual hook up with one of the sisters - Mer if it doesn't take off with Nathan and Maggie if it does. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I don't really see anything between them but I could see the writers pushing it in order to facilitate Alex's eventual hook up with one of the sisters - Mer if it doesn't take off with Nathan and Maggie if it does. 

This is what I think, too!!!

It will be either Alex with Meredith if Pompeo does not change her acting chemistry with Henderson, if she does change it, will be Meredith with Nathan, which leaves Maggie with Alex. Maggie has chemistry with both, Nathan and Alex, so does Alex with both Maggie and Meredith. It all depends on whether there is some sort of rapport between Meredith and Nathan but there has been ZERO chemistry so far, so it seems it is going into Meredith and Alex romance and possibly Maggie with Nathan or Maggie and a lady???, and Nathan with Megan who will appear sooner than later. 

In both ways, it leaves Jo out of it and there comes Andrew into play.  I just meant that in those scenes between them both actors have lovely natural rapport, which is felt nicely on screen. They do connect acting-wise.

There goes season 13.

Edited by Nobodysfan
32 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I really just can't see this.  Maggie has been shown time after time to be sheltered, immature and downright dorky in her personal life and I just cannot imagine her with gruff, rough around the edges and don't forget violent, Alex.  It will just never, ever work.  As for Meredith, eh, maybe if the show goes on for 5 more seasons and Camilla leaves, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon either.  

I still believe that Shonda is going to make things work out for Alex and Jo.  In this episode alone, her told her that he wanted to be with her, they both used the word trash to describe themselves and she finally, finally stood up to him.  And we know that parallels that have been building have yet to happen.  Jo has a violent past, Alex just got violent, he still has the secret to find out and if the husband shows up, I can't imagine him not caring.  They may have a really rough road ahead and they may hook up with other people (maybe even DeLuca, just not seeing Mer or Maggie though), but I think that they are still meant to be together, at least for now.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Nobodysfan said:

It will be either Alex with Meredith if Pompeo does not change her acting chemistry with Henderson, 

You can't change or manipulate chemistry. Actors either have it or they don't. And Meredith and Nathan don't. 

Even still, that won't stop Grey's Anatomy from pushing forward with them if that's the story they want to tell. Look at Callie and Penny, abysmal pairing, to say the least, and yet that's what Shonda stuck with. 

• Love 3

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Vampire Diaries, The Flash, Hawaii Five-0 and more

Any scoop on Grey’s Anatomy? — Taylor
Despite Riggs turning Maggie down, she will not relent in her advances. “Maggie actually starts to think that Riggs is now just playing a bit hard to get,” Martin Henderson says. “So it’s this farcical triangle where nobody’s believing the other person. Everyone’s got these mixed intentions, and they’re all getting bundled up, and no one really knows who likes who for what reason. So it continues to actually become quite funny.”

This is so stupid. I honestly have a hard time with seeing Maggie in any relationship. 

I think Alex/Jo will come back together unless CL is leaving at the end of the year or something.  If they go Meredith/Alex I'm out. Its worse than Gizzie.  As for Jo/DeLuca, oh please no. The last thing Jo needs is to be co-dependent with another beating victim.  Stephanie needs a love interest, she can have DeLuca.

I thought Amelia had the best chemistry with Riggs in their brief scenes last year. I would have rather seen Amelia/Riggs and let Meredith have Owen.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

You can't change or manipulate chemistry. Actors either have it or they don't. And Meredith and Nathan don't. 

Even still, that won't stop Grey's Anatomy from pushing forward with them if that's the story they want to tell. Look at Callie and Penny, abysmal pairing, to say the least, and yet that's what Shonda stuck with. 

That is true, it cannot be changed. I do think you are right, they do not have an ounce of chemistry and well, yes, it is hard to create something if there is not any basis for that.  

9 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Nonsense, nonsense, are the writers nuts?

What does Henderson see as funny???

They will play this farce for the whole season I guess.

Edited by Nobodysfan

OMG. No, it's not true that "no one really knows who likes who for what reason". Everyone knows who they like. Maggie likes Riggs. Riggs like Meredith. Meredith likes Riggs, in Shonda's head at least, as Ellen Pompeo for some reason sure doesn't act like it. Stop it, show. 

I can actually sympathize with Maggie here. I used to act like that when I was younger. I'd get stubbornly invested in some guys and be stupidly persistent. I basically needed to have "Gurl, it's not gonna happen" spelled out for me loud and clear in order to get the message. So, I understand why she would think that Nathan's "I'm not ready to date anyone right know" means she still has a shot. It's just that she's getting too old for that crap no matter how emotionally immature she is, and it again shows how poorly and incosistently written she is. Her reaction to DeLuca's ghosting was very level-headed and mature, and now they are again writing her like a 12 year old girl with her first crush. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I thought Amelia had the best chemistry with Riggs in their brief scenes last year. 

I agree. I thought there was some real potential there and was quite disappointed when she ended up being paired with Owen. If they were that desperate to have a love triangle, that one could have worked much better than this nonsense. 

In general I find love triangles on TV shows mostly terrible. Most of the time it's obvious right from the start that one of the parties is the fifth wheel there. Jane the Virgin did it exceptionally well, for example (though I'm only midway through the season 1, they could have well ruined it there as well), this show can't pull it off. Those we had previously (Derek/Meredith/Addison, Owen/Cristina/Teddy) sucked. 

Synopsis for 13x05: 

"Both Sides Now": Meredith and Bailey are at odds over their liver transplant patients; Owen is tasked with looking after baby Harriet; Amelia has trouble telling Owen some important news.

For those who want to see all the upcoming releases in one place (it can be hard to keep up): 

13x03 - “I Ain’t No Miracle Worker” – A car crash at a funeral brings a bickering family into the hospital. Back from New York, Arizona ends up caught between Alex and Andrew. While Ben takes on a new parenting role, Amelia helps Meredith and Maggie through a problem

13x04 - “Falling Slowly” – Alex tries to do the right thing but still cant catch a break. Jackson and April adjust to their “new normal” with the baby. While Meredith and Nathan establish what’s going on between them, Amelia questions the state of her relationship with Owen

• Love 1

Something just occurred to me - DeLuca might have sidelined so abruptly last season precisely because they came up with this storyline and they probably didn't want him to become too established a character or a fan favourite as it would make his rehabilitation in the eyes of the viewers more difficult. I guess that's also why we're not seeing his POV almost at all even now when he's clearly the wronged party in this mess. 

It all makes me think this storyline would be resolved by the winter finale at the latest and no one would even mention in the second half of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Joana said:

Something just occurred to me - DeLuca might have sidelined so abruptly last season precisely because they came up with this storyline and they probably didn't want him to become too established a character or a fan favourite as it would make his rehabilitation in the eyes of the viewers more difficult. I guess that's also why we're not seeing his POV almost at all even now when he's clearly the wronged party in this mess. 

It all makes me think this storyline would be resolved by the winter finale at the latest and no one would even mention in the second half of the season. 

Me too.  I honestly think that the Grey's writers woke up from some kind of post-Sandra Oh coma sometime in the middle of season 12 and realized that the only storylines that they were putting actual thought and effort into were those that involved Meredith, Maggie and maybe Amelia.  They finally figured out what to do with everyone else and started fresh this season, hence the reason that so many storylines seemed pulled out of thin air.  I think that the actual DeLuca part of this storyline will be over by the mid-season finale considering that he was back to work per usual in the second episode, despite the dire warnings that his career was over.  It looks like Alex is still in the clinic as of episode 6, so most likely the trial will happen near the finale and Alex and then the story will concentrate on Alex's redemption and possible the secret husband.  That's my guess anyway.

• Love 2