Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Maukie99 said:

Hide Deluca and Jo? Deluca has then slept with Jo, or what? Was he have but separately this time when Jo and Alex prematurely, not with Maggie together?

I was only speculating as Giacomo´s last scene of S12 was with Justin and Camilla, so it remains to be seen what the scene was,maybe just a medical case they have alltogether and nothing personal.

(edited)
On 6. 5. 2016 at 9:01 PM, BaseOps said:

I don't think they've really made him a villain at all, though. Certainly some characters dislike him, but all the writers have done is say that he cheated - everyone on this show has cheated. Riggs has been shown to be a good doctor, a good friend (to April and to an extent Amelia), and generally a pretty kind guy overall. He's had some really nice little moments (even the one with Bailey last week when he advised her not to keep Ben out of the OR.) The Owen thing is just a small part of the character they've built this year. I think generally Riggs is pretty well-liked by fans and I don't see the writers painting him as a bad guy, maybe just a bit complicated. I'm very happy that they didn't push him and Mer as soul-mates and two sad widows right away. We needed some distance for Meredith after Derek died. But I'm excited to see how they come together. 

I just HATE he is also a cheater. Hate it. And partially a liar, too.

But it is a stigma on Greys.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
5 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

I really hope that neither Jo or Alex hooks up with anyone else.  I am sure that whatever the conflict is, it will seem to come out of nowhere, but in the unknown amount of years that they are supposed to have been together, infidelity has never, ever been on their radar (I never saw Alex as crushing on Maggie, more as a mouthpiece for the writers to get everyone to accept her.  If anything, I think she gets on his nerves and vice-versa).   As far as the proposal, Jo initially didn't accept because she was in the middle of breaking up with Alex due to the fact that he had firmly lodged himself into Meredith's ass and Jo didn't want to be in a relationship where she came in second all the time.  But, of course, I assume we are supposed to forget all of that because now it is being played as though Jo is just completely indecisive for no reason at all or because of some BIG SECRET that she has been hiding.  

In the end, I think that their issue will be something from Jo's past, but something that the writers' just recently thought up and never mentioned to Camilla.  The way she has played the initial proposal as well as the ring still being in the drawer has been relatively lighthearted, not like she has some horrible secret that is keeping her from marrying Alex.   And as far as him and Maggie, IMO Alex doesn't work with the neurotic, socially awkward nice girl types (see: Lexie, April), so I hope that they just stay friends no matter what happens with Jo.

I actually think Alex worked with Lexie better than anyone else they've put him with so far. I actually hope its not about Jo supposedly dark and twisty past Camilla's never been believable as the former street kid so they less they bring it up the better IMO. Jo has stated ambivalence about marriage and kids since right after Alex made his first big speech at Aprils non-wedding. So her being hesitant really is nothing new. I also think after several years Alex is well within his rights to move on if Jo still can't give him what he needs. I think the writers initially wanted these to be like Mer and Derek where it going to take them a while but they'll get there in the end. Its just the longer this goes on the more it looks like these two are more Christina and Owen who just want fundamentally different things.

Also as an Alex from a pure writing standpoint Maggie is a lot better intergrated into the main cast than Jo ever was so he wouldn't be stuck off on his own the way he always is with Jo.  I also feel like Maggie might be a nice balance with Alex. I've always loved a good opposites attract pairing. More than anything I'm bored out of my skull with Jo and Alex's merry go round I just want it to be over one way or the other. 

• Love 2

Unless Camilla is leaving the show I don't think Alex will be paired with anyone else. My guess is that whatever Jo's secret is will cause drama and if there's a breakup it won't last. I can't see Maggie/Alex working at all but then again Alex is now all about the sisterhood so he's barely Alex half the time. I also don't like Maggie anymore so that colors my view. 

I can actually see Meredith hooking up with Nathan just as Maggie is developing feelings for him given the scenes with Maggie/Nathan lately. Gives them a triangle that they love, sister drama, relationship drama, etc.

• Love 1

I agree that I actually quite liked Lexi with Alex, but it never felt like the writers were fully committed to them. I like Alex playing off of someone who isn't so similar to him, but I don't want Alex / Maggie. A year ago I probably would have been in for it (as I thought the writers were hinting at that pairing near the end of S11) but now I really don't like Maggie's character. She is too cartoony. 

But I also think Windsprints is correct that the writers won't really break up Alex and Jo unless she's leaving, because there are no other storylines for Jo. She has 0 connections to anyone except for Alex and Steph.

1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

I agree that I actually quite liked Lexi with Alex, but it never felt like the writers were fully committed to them. I like Alex playing off of someone who isn't so similar to him, but I don't want Alex / Maggie. A year ago I probably would have been in for it (as I thought the writers were hinting at that pairing near the end of S11) but now I really don't like Maggie's character. She is too cartoony. 

But I also think Windsprints is correct that the writers won't really break up Alex and Jo unless she's leaving, because there are no other storylines for Jo. She has 0 connections to anyone except for Alex and Steph.

I wonder if Jo might be on her way out actually. I wonder if it might be tied to Sara Ramirez contract being up. I can see the writers leaving things open ended and deciding who actually leaves based on what Sara decides. If Callie stays Jo takes the fellowship and leaves room on the show for Penny. If Sara goes Jo stays and marries Alex.  Or they may have decided to write Jo out regardless. The character doesn't really exist outside of her relationship with Alex.  With as many years on the show Jo should be able to carry her own story and justify her position on her own merits (The way Stephanie and even Ben have done this year). Some of that's the writing but a lot of it is the acting too and I don't know if it can be fixed. The writers may have simply needed to cut someone especially if Sara wants more money and Jo is the most extraneous cast member outside of the interns.

.  With as many years on the show Jo should be able to carry her own story and justify her position on her own merits (The way Stephanie and even Ben have done this year).

To be fair, Stephanie/Ben have been given opportunities to have storylines etc. Jo hasn't been given anything. I wouldn't judge the actresses ability when we've seen literally zero materials been thrown her way. She doesn't exist outside Alex and maybe Stephanie because the writers haven't allowed her too. While all other characters have been given specialities, work related storylines - everything for Jo has happened offscreen. Where the potential to explore possible relationships with Callie, Meredith etc has been presented the writers choose to ignore it for the same repetitive Owen/Amelia, Owen/Riggs, Japril, Amelia/Meredith, Maggie/ her sex life, Alex/the sisters scenes over and over again. 

The above actually leads me to believe they will be writing her out. Probably in some out of character, lame and quick exit. And it's disappointing because while evidently not many fans of Jo hang around here they are out there and it's annoying to watch a character you like get tossed aside repeatedly for no other reason then not being the writers favourite.

• Love 2

Also as an Alex from a pure writing standpoint Maggie is a lot better intergrated into the main cast than Jo ever was so he wouldn't be stuck off on his own the way he always is with Jo.  I also feel like Maggie might be a nice balance with Alex. I've always loved a good opposites attract pairing. More than anything I'm bored out of my skull with Jo and Alex's merry go round I just want it to be over one way or the other. 

At the risk of my flogging an already dead and petrifying horse, in my opinion, Alex being integrated into the "main cast" has done his characters absolutely no favors.  Ninety percent of his scenes with any cast member outside of Jo have been him listening to them and commenting on their storylines, These scenes reveal absolutely nothing about Alex and don't further any "storyline" that he may have going on.  In the last two seasons, there have been less than a handful of scenes with Meredith, Maggie, Callie, Jackson, April, etc. that have allowed him to reveal anything about him or his life. And in an effort to make him the Mature, Wise and Great Friend, they have beaten all of the edge and charm right out of him.  Most of his scenes these days bore me to tears, and I never thought I would say that.  Whatever tiny scrap of a storyline he has had in the last two seasons have been with Jo, and those have often been filled with his old humor and playfulness. The only time he has revealed anything new about himself was with Jo.  IMO, him getting romantically paired up with any of Shonda's favorites will be infinitely worse for his character (and we already went down that road with Izzie).  He would get even more absorbed into that orbit and his point of view will dwindle to absolutely nothing beyond how he can prop up Shonda's latest pet.  I realize that most people don't think this and that's fine, but my predictions about his character and the way the writers are going about it have been pretty spot on so far and I have no optimism when it comes to him and his new found gal pals.    As far as he and Lexie, he clearly was trying to force himself into that relationship because she was a nice, normal girl.  He said himself that he was faking it and playing a role (if it walks like a duck...) I want more for Alex than that.

2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

To be fair, Stephanie/Ben have been given opportunities to have storylines etc. Jo hasn't been given anything. I wouldn't judge the actresses ability when we've seen literally zero materials been thrown her way. She doesn't exist outside Alex and maybe Stephanie because the writers haven't allowed her too. While all other characters have been given specialities, work related storylines - everything for Jo has happened offscreen. Where the potential to explore possible relationships with Callie, Meredith etc has been presented the writers choose to ignore it for the same repetitive Owen/Amelia, Owen/Riggs, Japril, Amelia/Meredith, Maggie/ her sex life, Alex/the sisters scenes over and over again. 

The above actually leads me to believe they will be writing her out. Probably in some out of character, lame and quick exit. And it's disappointing because while evidently not many fans of Jo hang around here they are out there and it's annoying to watch a character you like get tossed aside repeatedly for no other reason then not being the writers favourite.

I agree, I think that Camilla does just fine on the rare occasions when they give her something to work with.  I thought she did a good job with the Jason stuff in season 9 and Alex's dad stuff.  More recently she was good in the proposal/break up scene.  When she gets nothing to do but mope and whine, no, she isn't setting the world on fire, but again, she's fine.  She isn't Sandra Oh, but she isn't Jesse Williams circa season 7 or Eric Dane for much of his tenure either.  I imagine that its hard as an actor to truly express your character's point of view when it changes from episode to episode with absolutely no explanation and the meaty, emotional scenes come once a season, if that.

More on topic, I don't think anyone is leaving, except maybe Penny.  I am leaning toward a breakup between Alex and Jo due to whatever secret she has.  I am convinced that this secret will contradict stuff that we have already seen, even literally a few episodes ago, but as long as it isn't completely preposterous, or a complete and utter assassination of Jo's character and it paves the way for some kind of lasting storyline for them next season, I'm in.

• Love 1
(edited)

A breakup with Jo might have the effect of bringing back some of Alex's edge. He's lost his unique character "voice" in the last few seasons and barely seems like the same person anymore. But when it comes to Alex, care factor of the writers is nil so I won't hold my breath. 

I have a weird feeling Owen is going to jilt Amelia at the altar and KMK leave the show (at least in front of the camera). That could just be wishful thinking, though, because the Riggs/Hunt drama would have to be up there for worst storyline of the season. Granted, competition is stiff.

Edited by BlindMaryIngalls
26 minutes ago, BlindMaryIngalls said:

I have a weird feeling Owen is going to jilt Amelia at the altar and KMK leave the show (at least in front of the camera). That could just be wishful thinking, though, because the Riggs/Hunt drama would have to be up there for worst storyline of the season. Granted, competition is stiff.

I don't think Owen is going anywhere. Kevin said himself earlier this season that he'd be crazy to leave, so unless there was some major breakdown in contract negotiations, I think he'll stay put. 

The Alex thing is a huge mess for me - at this point I don't know if I'd rather see Jo stay or leave. I think she's fine, but she just isn't interesting to me and clearly the writers don't care to write for her. That being said, I don't want Alex with Maggie and I certainly don't want him with Amelia. So I don't know where that leaves him. I don't agree that he ever got lost in the storylines with Izzie like he would with Maggie or Amelia: Alex was at his most distinctly Alex with Izzie, and most of his best-ever scenes on the show came out of storylines with Izzie (for me, anyway.) I thought he did amazing work in S5 / S6 with the Izzie storylines. One of the big things that I dislike about Jo / Alex is that their relationship has never had that spark and it's made it extremely hard for me to invest in them.

I actually think Camilla has grown a lot as an actress on the show. In all honestly, I thought she was quite bad when she first came on, but I think she does well now when given something to do (which, I know, is rare.) We don't ever even see Jo getting invested in patient-of-the-week storylines, which is often how we used to learn a lot about our characters. When you think back to the early seasons, there were so many great moments between characters and patients. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how these last two episodes pan out. 

I overall just miss how the characters used to interact, where everyone had something - even something little - to do in every single episode, and typically those small things were illuminating to who they were as characters. I don't feel that as much anymore, because the cast is so overwhelming large and the stories tend to go in circles rather than move forward at a normal place. I really hope we have a few docs checking out in the finale. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I actually think Alex worked with Lexie better than anyone else they've put him with so far. I actually hope its not about Jo supposedly dark and twisty past Camilla's never been believable as the former street kid so they less they bring it up the better IMO. Jo has stated ambivalence about marriage and kids since right after Alex made his first big speech at Aprils non-wedding. So her being hesitant really is nothing new. I also think after several years Alex is well within his rights to move on if Jo still can't give him what he needs. I think the writers initially wanted these to be like Mer and Derek where it going to take them a while but they'll get there in the end. Its just the longer this goes on the more it looks like these two are more Christina and Owen who just want fundamentally different things.

I feel like you're lacking a certain understanding for Alex here. Alex may want to marry Jo because he loves her, but Alex isn't desperate to get married in general. He's not thinking that he's wasting his life with Jo just because they aren't married yet. She asked him in 12x03 if he can see himself wanting kids with her since she found out that he wanted to have kids with someone else in the past, and he read that as her having changed her mind about not wanting to get married so he proposed. When you struggle through several failed relationships over the years and reach the point where you basically give up on ever finding love, then meet a girl who understands your darkest side and you find yourself in love with her, of course you want to marry her at some point. But Alex isn't the kind of guy to say "we get married or we're over". He's not gonna do that when he's finally found someone he really loves and is compatible with. I don't think marriage is all that important for him to lose Jo over it. You said Jo doesn't really want marriage but tries to go along with what Alex wants, but in my opinion Alex is the one who wants the normality and stability he never had while growing up. He probably thinks being married will bring him closer to what he saw couples like MerDer have and what he envied all these years. If Jo decides that she just can't see herself getting married to anyone because of her childhood and her upbringing, I can see Alex being okay with it and realizing that a marriage license isn't the most important thing to have a happy ending. Jo is already giving Alex what he wants which is her love. I feel like the writers haven't been making that clear enough in the past two seasons and that's what has you confused to a point where you say he was crushing on Maggie LOL. In my opinion that thought is ridiculous, she bugged him about her problems until he gave her a sappy speech about all her good qualities, which was clearly a way of the writers to get the people to like Maggie better. So many characters had to say out loud how much they like her in the past two seasons, I don't get how people don't see that the writers are just trying extra hard to make her likeable. I don't believe that she's in the least compatible with Alex, I think opposites do attract sometimes like it was the case with Alex and Izzie, but Maggie is about the last person I could see with Alex. I also don't see any chemistry there and think two characters need at least a little common ground (like Jackson and April being the Mercy Westlers or Nathan / Meredith having both lost a spouse and being able to understand each other's pain) and Maggie and Alex have none. She's also more immature and neurotic than Jo is and freaks out at the smallest issues and won't just stop talking about it. It's a miracle to me how Alex can bear hanging out with her when April used to annoy him so much, but as the two closest people to Meredith the writers had to make them friends to create some sort of group dynamic and have them support Meredith together.

As long as Jo is on the show she and Alex will remain a couple one way or another IMO. They're one those couples that are meant to be together like all long term couples. Otherwise they would've broken up a long time ago. They also have too much of a special bond due to their pasts, they are able to relate and trust each other on a level they don't with anyone else. We saw that Alex never told Callie or Maggie about having been bullied himself even though both called him a bully. He went home and only told Jo about it. Jo did the same with the gun issue, she only opened up to Alex. The writers totally ignore them all the time but their potential is still there, they have lots of it. Maybe they will decide never to get married until they realize that they want to adopt like MerDer did. And unlike MerDer adopting kids who are in need of a family will be more meaningful for both of them since they were either not happy with their family or didn't have a family at all. There is so much more to Alex and Jo as a couple than there would be to Alex + any other female in the current cast, and I hope that if Camilla stays the writers will finally give them storylines and make it clear to everyone. Most of the critique they're getting as a couple and Jo individually is because the writers are ignoring them and not giving them the opportunity of having a real storyline. I always think that people can't really judge them as a couple as long as they don't have an active storyline going on. Most of the season they didn't even interact because Alex was showed helping his friends only and Jo never got much to do. I want the writers to focus on them for once and then after seeing them have a compelling storyline people can decide if they think they don't work as a couple or if they were indeed only bored by them because they never got a real storyline. 

• Love 1

Hey all, this really is an interesting discussion, but it needs to be in the character threads or that poor relationship thread that has a measly 16 posts in it. Spoilers and spoiler spec goes here, thank you. 

• Love 1

Sorry if anyone discussed this already but in the promo for 12 x 23, it looks like Jo comes running (sliding?) in towards what looks like April and looks like she's going to hit her.  Anyone else see this?  It's at about 9 seconds right after Callie walks away from Arizona.  Rage issues coming back up?  

1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

Sorry if anyone discussed this already but in the promo for 12 x 23, it looks like Jo comes running (sliding?) in towards what looks like April and looks like she's going to hit her.  Anyone else see this?  It's at about 9 seconds right after Callie walks away from Arizona.  Rage issues coming back up?  

LOL!  Honestly if they have Jo hit a heavily pregnant woman while in a rage, then it's safe to assume that her character is toast.  As much as the writers seem to love to shit on her, I really can't see that being the case. It looked to me like she was rushing up to get her for some emergency, maybe something to do with a patient or even Jackson.  

Moving a piece over from the Media thread - in a new interview, Camilla says this is 'one of her favourite finales', she says Jo is featured heavily and that it was one of the most intense episode's she's filmed. She also says that every character gets a good storyline in the finale. 

I wonder will This be one of the finales like season 6 and 8 where there's a massive disaster of some sort?

Again I really hope Jos secret isn't that she's cheated. Just feels like a cop out from all we know of her. Camillas recent interviews has me cautiously hopeful that it's not the case though.

2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I wonder will This be one of the finales like season 6 and 8 where there's a massive disaster of some sort?

Again I really hope Jos secret isn't that she's cheated. Just feels like a cop out from all we know of her. Camillas recent interviews has me cautiously hopeful that it's not the case though.

It doesn't seem like a big disaster to me - not something as huge as the shooting or plane crash, anyway. 

(edited)

Owen is a sly character, always has been, only to get married, impregnate a woman who will birth him kids and he can be a proud papa, which is all he wants. And of course, the wifey will stay at home and raise his kids.
What a tantrum he threw when Cristina refused to carry the baby, he went and cheated on her and called her a murderer.
I dislike Amelia but she is making the biggest mistake of her life. Yet, she is blind. He will make her blind by his GRAND speeches.

Once Cristina reappears, he will cheat on Amelia with her at the blink of an eye. 

I only hope writers will not make him propose to her on the vent. Most likely he will do it when they are rolling in bed in the on-call room. That cheesy speech he will deliver - I can just imagine it, brggh. It makes me vomit.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
On 2016-05-09 at 0:59 PM, canimsin said:

I feel like you're lacking a certain understanding for Alex here.

I'm going to post a  response to you in the Alex and Jo thread.

On topic I think if anyone gets left at the alter it would be Owen. Amelia seems more like the runner out of those two.

33 minutes ago, NathanRiggsfan said:

In the second sneak peek it is revealed that Richard is throwing a party. I wonder what it is about.

Maybe since Richard is the Resident Advisor (?) it is something related to the end of their residency/boards or some kind of goodbye party for Penny.  That could be the scene when it looked like they were all at Joe's. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

Maybe since Richard is the Resident Advisor (?) it is something related to the end of their residency/boards or some kind of goodbye party for Penny.  That could be the scene when it looked like they were all at Joe's. 

I might have missed this, but is it the photo that Kelly tweeted with her and Hinton? But Maggie is an attending.

It seems Richard´s party will take place in 23 and this photo is from finale. Puzzling. Or it is like a two-hour finale that covers one day. But if OA get married which is more than certain,it can´t be just one day for both episodes. Maybe Richard is just planning the party in 23 and then some days pass for the finale and the party takes place there. But it is also odd to have the wedding of OA and Richard´s party in one episode. 

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
(edited)

No, somewhere there is a picture of Jerrika and Camilla and they seem to be at Joe's Bar.  There also was a picture of Penny and it looked like she was going into Joe's.  People were speculating that the residents were going out to say goodbye to Penny.

ETA - Although the fact that Richard asked Ben to bring artichoke dip makes me wonder.  Wouldn't you order food from the bar/restaurant?  I guarantee I just put more thought into this party than anyone else.

Edited by Deanie87
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

No, somewhere there is a picture of Jerrika and Camilla and they seem to be at Joe's Bar.  There also was a picture of Penny and it looked like she was going into Joe's.  People were speculating that the residents were going out to say goodbye to Penny.

Now I remember, Jerrika posted it and Samantha is there pointing to a sign at Joe´s.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
50 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

Didn't Richard have a dinner for the residents around the time of the plane crash? I don't think its that though, because he's asking Ben to bring the dip.  Maybe its just a gathering, not really for anything big.

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

ETA - Although the fact that Richard asked Ben to bring artichoke dip makes me wonder.  Wouldn't you order food from the bar/restaurant?  I guarantee I just put more thought into this party than anyone else.

Yes, it looks like Richard and ???his wife maybe are hosting dinner. It fits because Allen is listed as a guest star for 23.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

Some tidbits for the final 2 episodes:

There’s also the possibility that Owen (Kevin McKidd) and Amelia (Caterina Scorsone) could skip a few steps and jump straight into marriage. “I love the fact that finally after all these years of angst and back and forth, they’re committed to each other,” McKidd says. “Owen finally took his head out of the sand and realized he needed to use his words with Amelia for her to trust him. He’s opened up to her. They’re all guns blazing, committing to each other.”

However, Owen and Amelia’s happiness is difficult for Meredith (Ellen Pompeo). Not only does she feel like Amelia has basically stepped into the late Derek’s (Patrick Dempsey) shoes, but she’s also loyal to Owen’s ex. “Cristina [Sandra Oh] is definitely the great love of Owen’s life,” Pompeo says. “We’re exploring that in the finale. We’re toying with that idea of you only have one great love in your life. You may have other partners, but you really only get one great love. It’s annoying that she seemed to take Cristina’s boyfriend, take my husband’s job. She’s doing things that Cristina did and Derek did, and it’s rubbing Meredith’s lost spots in all the wrong places.”

But Meredith and Amelia’s sister Maggie (Kelly McCreary) could at least be heading in that direction as she grows closer to Riggs (Martin Henderson).”Maggie got to get over any conflict she had with Riggs early on,” McCreary says. “From there, she’s expressed genuine curiosity about who he is and admired his skills. Once they reached that point, she feels a certain amount of comfort and curiosity about him. Look, the guy is nice and charming and good looking. Yeah, she develops a crush.”

It's interesting that they're toying with the idea of everyone having only 'one great love'. I wonder how that will reverberate through the storylines... if Meredith hooks up with Riggs this week, does she then reject him like she did with Thorpe? Or do they mutually discuss their 'great loves' (Derek and Meghan) and decide they still deserve some happiness since those loves are gone? Is Jo Alex's 'one great love' (I still say it's Izzie lol). I can certainly see the possibility of big Callie / Arizona + Jackson / April reunions. 

• Love 1

It’s annoying that she seemed to take Cristina’s boyfriend, take my husband’s job.

IIRC, Amelia didn't take either of those things. Cristina broke up with Owen and moved to Switzerland. Derek wanted Amelia to stay in Seattle and take over his practice way back when he thought they were moving to DC. Its been what, 3 years GA time since all of this first happened? Meredith feeling this way a year or so ago would have made sense but now its just ugh. Really, she should be in therapy.  I knew the second Amelia moved back in that it was a setup to have her closeby for the next time Meredith was pissed at her. Subtlety is not GA's strong suit.

LOL I posted upthread that I could see Maggie having feelings for Nathan right as he and Meredith kiss/hookup. You can tell I watched a lot of soap operas growing up.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, windsprints said:

IIRC, Amelia didn't take either of those things. Cristina broke up with Owen and moved to Switzerland. Derek wanted Amelia to stay in Seattle and take over his practice way back when he thought they were moving to DC. Its been what, 3 years GA time since all of this first happened? Meredith feeling this way a year or so ago would have made sense but now its just ugh. Really, she should be in therapy.  I knew the second Amelia moved back in that it was a setup to have her closeby for the next time Meredith was pissed at her. Subtlety is not GA's strong suit.

LOL I posted upthread that I could see Maggie having feelings for Nathan right as he and Meredith kiss/hookup. You can tell I watched a lot of soap operas growing up.

The PR says that she supports Amelia on a 'big day' in the finale, so I feel like things will be resolved by then. I'm thinking Owen proposes this week, Meredith begins to feel dark & twisty and hooks up with Riggs, and she gets over it by 12x24 in time for the Owen / Amelia wedding (ugh.) I do totally wish that they kept Meredith in therapy. It could have been a great storyline rather than a one-time thing and lord knows she needs it. 

I really dislike this "Meredith is suddenly resentful of Amelia" storyline. Of course, we'll have to see how it plays out, but I can't imagine it's going to be anything but awful. I thought that maybe she's upset because Amelia took credit for something Derek did, but nope, apparently it's just for doing his job... that she took over AGES ago. While he was still alive. Dumb.

And that Owen is somehow never allowed to love anyone else because Meredith says so is just too idiotic to even dignify it with a comment.

• Love 5

It's interesting that they're toying with the idea of everyone having only 'one great love'.

Puts a damper on a wedding for Owen/Amelia if they're going to say Cristina was his only great love. If that's what comes out of it I hope Amelia calls off the wedding.

And that Owen is somehow never allowed to love anyone else because Meredith says so is just too idiotic to even dignify it with a comment.

I'm telling you, Meredith and Owen should be together, lol. She hates people because he says so, now (potentially) he can't love anyone because she says so - they're so alike. They can be together and forever pine for their one great loves. Let others move on and open their heart to loving someone else.

• Love 3

Amelia's been running neuro for a couple of years now, and didn't she just tell Amelia to stop being stupid and basically pushed her to Owen? I don't understand how one minute she's fine with Amelia and the next she has a problem with her. It's overplayed and exhausting, and it makes Meredith look silly. Talk about running out of ideas.

• Love 4
(edited)

From the article:

Cristina [Sandra Oh] is definitely the great love of Owen’s life,” Pompeo says. “We’re exploring that in the finale. We’re toying with that idea of you only have one great love in your life. You may have other partners, but you really only get one great love.

Wow, how romantic.  I wonder what Brandi Carlisle song they'll choose to enhance the notion of "Well, now that true meaningful and fulfilling love is off the table, lets see who I can find that doesn't actively annoy me so that I can settle into a fine partnership while I await the slow march to death."  Fun!

This is such cynical and insulting bullshit and I really, really hope that this isn't how they are going to portray Amelia and Owen and Meredith and whoever.  Why root for anyone then?  It is 100% possible to have more than one great love, and people do it all the time.  Just because you love someone differently than you do someone else, doesn't make one greater than the other or more significant.  Who and how you love at 25 and who and how you love at 45 may be completely different kinds of people and experiences, but it doesn't make one better than the other.  So I hope that by "toying with" she means that they come to the conclusion that different doesn't mean inferior.   I don't even care about Owen and Amelia's relationship but even I think that is insulting to the characters and certainly isn't going to get me to jump on their bandwagon knowing that one or both is really pining for someone else, and in this case (and others, including IMO Alex and Izzie and at times Meredith and Derek) pining for someone who clearly they aren't compatible with and didn't share the healthiest of relationships with.  The way that these writers sometimes portray relationships makes me wonder if they aren't consulting middle school girl diaries.  If this is their idea of Meredith moving on into a "mature" love, then they should just keep her at random hookups.

I'm telling you, Meredith and Owen should be together, lol. She hates people because he says so, now (potentially) he can't love anyone because she says so - they're so alike. They can be together and forever pine for their one great loves. Let others move on and open their heart to loving someone else.

Considering that each of their soulmates is the same person, you may be on to something.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 3

This is such cynical and insulting bullshit and I really, really hope that this isn't how they are going to portray Amelia and Owen and Meredith and whoever.  Why root for anyone then?  It is 100% possible to have more than one great love, and people do it all the time.  Just because you love someone differently than you do someone else, doesn't make one greater than the other or more significant.  Who and how you love at 25 and who and how you love at 45 may be completely different kinds of people and experiences, but it doesn't make one better than the other.  So I hope that by "toying with" she means that they come to the conclusion that different doesn't mean inferior.   I don't even care about Owen and Amelia's relationship but even I think that is insulting to the characters and certainly isn't going to get me to jump on their bandwagon knowing that one or both is really pining for someone else, and in this case (and others, including IMO Alex and Izzie and at times Meredith and Derek) pining for someone who clearly they aren't compatible with and didn't share the healthiest of relationships with.  The way that these writers sometimes portray relationships makes me wonder if they aren't consulting middle school girl diaries.  If this is their idea of Meredith moving on into a "mature" love, then they should just keep her at random hookups.

100% agree. If they go the route of one great love only then it will feel (for me) like its being done to appease shippers. I don't see why they would do this otherwise. Its limiting to future stories and as you said, why root for future couples for any of these people?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Deanie87 said:

I wonder what Brandi Carlisle song they'll choose to enhance the notion of "Well, now that true meaningful and fulfilling love is off the table, lets see who I can find that doesn't actively annoy me so that I can settle into a fine partnership while I await the slow march to death."  Fun!

Not Brandi Carlisle, but Love the One You're With comes to mind...

I get the impression that Ellen's "you only have one great love" stance is the road they are just taking Meredith on as to appease the Meredith and Derek fans or fans in general, especially now that it looks like Meredith is about to hook up with someone and probably be in some sort of romantic relationship in season 13. And I think Meredith having a problem with Owen and Amelia and the notion that Cristina was Owen's one great love is mostly so Meredith has another reason to be pissy with Amelia. But also to appease those fans a little bit, and maybe leave the door open should Cristina come back at the end of the series to collect Owen for their happy ending.

Personally I think Cristina, Meredith, and the kids should ride off into the sunset together. Didn't Shonda once say that the real love story is between Cristina and Meredith? 

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, BaseOps said:

So it seems it is one-sided crush only from Maggie?

She is flirting with him but he is more interested in Meredith?

Quote from EW:

But whether Riggs feels the same remains to be seen. “They have a natural rapport with one another,” Henderson says. “Because Riggs is so despised in different camps, they’ve formed a pretty respectful friendship. It’s a comfort to Nathan. He lets his guard down a lot more with her, and maybe she misinterprets that a little bit, but there’s probably a little flirting going on.”

So next season we will most likely witness a love triangle between the sisters and Nathan?

How "original". 

They might even end up fighting for him and with both sisters living under one roof things will get awkward.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
18 hours ago, BaseOps said:

It's interesting that they're toying with the idea of everyone having only 'one great love'. I wonder how that will reverberate through the storylines... if Meredith hooks up with Riggs this week, does she then reject him like she did with Thorpe? Or do they mutually discuss their 'great loves' (Derek and Meghan) and decide they still deserve some happiness since those loves are gone? Is Jo Alex's 'one great love' (I still say it's Izzie lol). I can certainly see the possibility of big Callie / Arizona + Jackson / April reunions. 

I am really curious how Nathan and Meredith hook up to be honest. I fear it will be something cheap and without any depth.

1 hour ago, NathanRiggsfan said:

I am really curious how Nathan and Meredith hook up to be honest. I fear it will be something cheap and without any depth.

Meredith and Derek began as a one-night stand; most of the couples on this show did, actually. I wouldn't hold my breathe for anything deep. I'm sure it will be a quick sex thing and then slowly develop. 

6 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I'd prefer an April and Riggs pairing to Mere and Riggs.  I feel like that is too obvious and expected.  

I would prefer a Maggie and Riggs pairing. Just no to Mer and Riggs.

• Love 1

If they're going to give Jo an ex husband I hope they give it a good background that fits the character. Like maybe he was an abusive and that's why she beat up Peckwrll when she thought he was going to attack her back in season 9. If if she was trying to put him behind her it would explain why she never told anyone about him. 

It would also be better then some lameass scenario where he was her one true love until they broke up for X silly reason.

I get the feeling Callie is going to end up in New York with Penny in the finale. She seems pushed to the brink and defeated, by her own doing but nonetheless, and the breakup with Penny was too cut and dry that I feel they will revisit their relationship. Not that we'll see Penny again, thank goodness that waste of space is gone forever. But I do think there is a chance that once Arizona and Callie find middle ground in the finale, Callie will be on the first flight out to New York. Exit Sara Ramirez, being one of maybe two shocking moments in the finale. I think whatever is going on with Jo will be the other. 

I knew it. Meredith and Nathan. But they go right so passionate to the point, I would not have thought. As has surfaced internally at ease some. What teases himself loves to stop also. Meredith just wanted to never admit Owen and derek perhaps she feels more for Nathan and finds him attractive and I think that Nathan Meredith also more feel, they might even love. Only I think that the sex between Meredith and Nathan will not remain without consequences. Because I think, because both equally so go to the thing that Meredith might be pregnant. It's just a guess on my part.