Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I genuinely hope all the nice posters here enjoy the episode, regardless of which fictional characters you root for. I always enjoy your point of views and discussions.

Well, since you are a nice poster, I hope you enjoy it as well. And I really mean that.

Dear lord, we need a much shorter break between episodes, because I sometimes think we all go a little crazy and take out the crazy a bit on each other when none of us know what is going to happen and whether we are going to like it or not.

Be well everyone!

• Love 1

Excellent for you, enjoy! If that kind of thing makes you happy that is awesome.  So much for this forum not being a Meredith fan board since clearly you're labeled "bitter" for not liking a storyline.

I genuinely hope all the nice posters here enjoy the episode, regardless of which fictional characters you root for. I always enjoy your point of views and discussions.

Well I can't speak for BaseOps, but I thought he/she was more referring to posters who will inevitably come out of the woodwork to bitch about how annoying Meredith is, why is the show even still on, all Meredith does is whine, etc NOT the well spoken "regular" posters here that may have dissenting opinions. 

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

Forgive me for getting melodramatic about a tv show, but I swear I still have PTSD from last season, and that colors how I feel about the spoilers and upcoming episodes now.  My trust (which was barely hanging on by a thread) in these showrunners and writers is gone after that unmitigated disaster and I no longer feel that they are capable, or even interested in, writing cohesive stories for all of the characters.  Even though they keep adding ever more characters, I don't believe that they have any interest in Greys being a true ensemble the way it was previously, or to tell the stories of anyone other than a handful of characters who will surround Meredith and their focus will be to serve her stories.  I think that they are more interested in shocking Twitter fodder, gimmicky episode and stunt casting/directing and basically becoming Scandal and/or HTGAWM, with a powerful woman at the center.  Now this may sound like a dream to some fans, but it isn't really what I want to see.

As I've said before, hopefully I will eat my words, but based on the recent past and everything we know now, I don't think so.

• Love 1

The thing that confuses me is that, I was looking at pics from this event where they showed the episode and they had a Q&A with cast members.

The cast members that represented? Giacomo, Jason and Martin. How in the world would those 3 make a good GA Q&A?

Do you have the link to the pictures,please?

Is there a video link as well?

What an odd group indeed in terms of QA session. It only shows how Greys has changed.

Edited by Meredithfan

I feel like we need an emergency kumbaya link here right now.

Let's all keep playing in this fun sandlot!

But that's so kind and uplifting! I say we all channel all of our hate and bitterness against the one character we can agree on - Penny we are coming for you :)

• Love 3

aTVfest "spoilers" 1 2

There's a time jump. The episode takes place during the entire time Meredith is healing.

Basically the whole episode is from Meredith's POV, so only what Mer sees or hears.

There's a really sweet scene between Meredith and Arizona.

Alex takes Mer's kids to the hospital.

So,only her point of view then.

It does seem we will see her healed in 1210 then. I wish they dwelved into the healing a bit more, how long will the time jump be? Do you know? It must be about 3 months if not more I suppose,such a brutal attack,how can one even sit properly after that without feeling hurt?

In 1210 she attends those therapy meetings but it seems that hearing disability will only be temporary.

I think the attack is really for hyper drama come-back from the hiatus and for the ratings only.

Edited by Meredithfan

So,only her point of view then.

It does seem we will see her healed in 1210 then. I wish they dwelved into the healing a bit more, how long will the time jump be? Do you know? It must be about 3 months if not more I suppose,such a brutal attack,how can one even sit properly after that without feeling hurt?

In 1210 she attends those therapy meetings but it seems that hearing disability will only be temporary.

I think the attack is really for hyper drama come-back from the hiatus and for the ratings only.

No, I don't. Maybe 1 month... I have no idea, sorry. I'll tell you if I find anything else.

• Love 1

From TVLine:

Question: Anything on Grey’s Anatomy? Does Meredith survive the attack?! (Just kidding.) —Danielle
Ausiello: Ha. Funny. (Just kidding.) Martin Henderson tells me that there will be “a shift in the dynamic” between Nathan and Meredith during the second half of the season. “Meredith and Nathan’s working relationship is very compromised because of the aspersions on my character that Owen’s casting,” the Grey Sloan newbie tells me. “So I end up defending myself and start revealing a little bit more than I wish to to Meredith, and it reorients her opinion of me. She tries to reconcile that with what Owen is saying and realizes that there may be more to me than Owen would have her think.” Um, OK, they’re totally making out by the season finale. Right, Marty?! “People are going to naturally assume that, but whether that’s a foregone conclusion in Shonda [Rhimes’] mind I sincerely don’t know,” he maintains. “I know that she loves more than anything to fool you, so I think she’d be happy to have you believe that’s the case and then change it just to keep you wanting it or not wanting it.”
  • Love 1

From TVLine:

Ausiello just re-tweeted this article and is calling Meredith/Nathan "Merthan".  talk about a horrible ship name.  

I will be very surprised if Jackson and April actually get a divorce.  Given that ep 14 is a "big one" for them, my guess is they start to file for divorce and then end back to together by 12x14.  

ETA: i guess episode 11 is the "big" episode for Japril....I thought I remember something about 12x14 too.  Anyone remember?  I am struggling to keep the episode speculations straight in my head.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 3

Ausiello just re-tweeted this article and is calling Meredith/Nathan "Merthan".  talk about a horrible ship name.  

I will be very surprised if Jackson and April actually get a divorce.  Given that ep 14 is a "big one" for them, my guess is they start to file for divorce and then end back to together by 12x14.  

Horrible indeed.

I don´t like Ausiello and his style.

Ausiello has some insane ideas. He should keep them to himself. Awful name.

The name doesn't matter, though, because I'll never ship it. 

And I agree, I doubt Japril will get a divorce. Remember that Ellen tweeted Japril fans would be happy with what's coming? They'll be together by episode 14. 

I wonder about Calzona, though. I'm not a shipper, but I find it odd how little (aka as nothing) we get about them. Will they ever get back together? They've been divorced for what, 2 years now? This is a lot! I feel really bad for the shippers.

Do you guys think Dr. Percy could be that blind item from a few weeks ago?  Not that anyone really cares about his character but I think it fits (i have to go back and re-read blind item).

TVLine has learned that a long-running TV drama is working with a former cast member to pull off a most surprising encore — no small feat given how the character in question was originally written off the show.

Truth be told, the series and star already have their most difficult, covert work behind them, seeing as the fan favorite filmed his/her scenes just last week, successfully undetected, thanks to top-secret levels of planning.

Although a cynical few might have thought such a homecoming would never happen, the truth is that the returning star quite enthusiastically went to great lengths to disguise his/her identity while en route to the set, where the hush-hush scenes were filmed under close guard, and strictly indoors.

As for the on-screen ramifications of the long-gone character’s reappearance, one should expect more than a little drama. His/her timing… could be better, yeah.

re-posting the blind item.  I think it's a stretch...I don't think i'd consider Dr. Percy a "fan favorite" or that it would be a "homecoming".  

Edited by Greysaddict

Do you guys think Dr. Percy could be that blind item from a few weeks ago?  Not that anyone really cares about his character but I think it fits (i have to go back and re-read blind item).

I was thinking the exact same thing! It could be, yes.

I will never understand why they air flashbacks now with Japril when they should have told the story properly back then not retelling bits and pieces after several seasons. 

I think Japril will get divorced. 

Rhimes destroys every married couple on the show (and starts with flashbacks or therapy sessions) or kills one of the spouses ultimately.

I wonder how long Bailey´s  and Richard´s second marriage will last.Time will tell.

Edited by Meredithfan

Ausiello has some insane ideas. He should keep them to himself. Awful name.

The name doesn't matter, though, because I'll never ship it. 

And I agree, I doubt Japril will get a divorce. Remember that Ellen tweeted Japril fans would be happy with what's coming? They'll be together by episode 14. 

I wonder about Calzona, though. I'm not a shipper, but I find it odd how little (aka as nothing) we get about them. Will they ever get back together? They've been divorced for what, 2 years now? This is a lot! I feel really bad for the shippers.

Calzona, MerDer, Crowen - three of the strongest couples on Greys as they used to be. All turned  to dust for various reasons. Sad.

Edited by Meredithfan
  • Love 2

Calzona, MerDer, Crowen - three of the strongest couples on Greys as they used to be. All turned  to dust for various reasons. Sad.

But with MerDer and Crowen it kind of had a reason to end: one of the actors wanted out, it's not the same with Calzona. That's why the shippers suffer so much. Callie and Arizona barely talk to each other now, it's so weird. At this point I can't see them going back together.

• Love 3

But with MerDer and Crowen it kind of had a reason to end: one of the actors wanted out, it's not the same with Calzona. That's why the shippers suffer so much. Callie and Arizona barely talk to each other now, it's so weird. At this point I can't see them going back together.

True.

Whatever they do with Callie and Arizona, I just hope they don't just randomly decide they want to get back together out of blue. It would be pretty awful after all they've been through and would probably push me off the edge for this show.

There would have to be a build-up of some sort and the writers seem like they can't be bothered about those two characters anymore, so I don't see it happen. 

• Love 1

​Press release for Episode 12x11 titled "Unbreak My Heart"

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/greys-anatomy-episode-1211-unbreak-my_8.html

12x11 appears to be April/Jackson centric episode. I'm not a fan and don't begrudge them their own episode, but man, the writers need to work on timing. I feel like an April/Jackson centric episode should have happened before break. Around Ep.6, maybe. I was sort of interested in their story line at the start but it became repetitive quick. Dragging out the cliffhanger for two episodes than doing another centric episode so soon after Meredith's just seems like poor planning IMO.

• Love 1

12x14 is where Sara and Jcap has worked a lot. Especially Jcap. Kevin directed it and there was a pic of Arizona working on a fetal case as well. 12x11 is all what Japril is getting. Though it's doubtful that they will divorce. They will probably sit through the procedure like calzona did with the therapist and instead of separating like calzona they will come out happy and fine.

I am interested in Japril sl but save me the orange scrub flash back. That's pointless. Japril isn't a romance that started at first sight.

• Love 1

Yesterday they had 1218 table read per K. Gleason´s tweet.

10 episodes ahead of us.

Martin has come back to twitter, he tweeted with Karin Gleason who I believe encouraged him to do so, nice of her. 

Edited by Meredithfan

I do not understand how they manage to have all the cast listed for 1211  episode,how will all the characters fit in? Even those cast members are listed to appear who were not there when Japril started. 

I thought it would only be Japril and the others listed as guest stars.

Greys writers are able to resurrect people from the dead - Charles is back. Also this years-long patient of Jackson?? Have we ever seen her??? I do not think so, they just made her up.

Edited by Meredithfan

Ellen Pompeo on Grey's Anatomy Twists, Shipping Meredith and Alex, and Ageism in Hollywood

I posted this article in the media thread.   some interesting tidbits....

Meredith is definitely dating again.

Is the attack something that will move Meredith forward in her life, and if it is, can you give us a sense of where she might be moving to?

So, after the attack, she goes into therapy, which is an idea that Shonda and I discussed. And then in therapy, she starts exploring what it means to be alone, and [how] she's never alone, and how alone does she want to be? Everyone else thinks it's time for Meredith to move on and start dating again. And so Meredith has to explore that opportunity of, "Okay, what does dating again look like, and how do you do that?" We're moving towards Meredith dating again, so everyone has to get ready for it. I can tell you that I've shot a few scenes, although I don't know where they're going to go, but I have shot a few scenes, and I'm very happy and excited with the way this is unfolding. It's exciting for Meredith, and it's some happiness, some light. I hope we get to keep going to down that path.

some interesting stuff about how Ellen and Camilla feel about the Meredith/Jo relationship.  I am glad we aren't the only ones who find Meredith hatred for Jo bizarre

Listen. I said the same thing to Shonda, because Meredith seemingly doesn't like Jo [Alex's girlfriend]. And so I'm not really sure. Camilla [Luddington, who plays Jo] and I have really struggled with how to be truthful in these scenes. Why do I not like her? Why am I so hard on her? But ultimately that's up to the big boss, what happens. This is Shonda's show. And whatever Shonda wants to write, however she wants this show to go, or end, or continue to go, I have to be open to whatever she wants. My job is not to judge the characters' choices or her choices. I just have to act my ass off. I never have thoughts about — well, I may have thoughts or opinions in my head, but they don't really matter. Let's say Meredith is going to wind up with Alex's character and I can't reconcile [that]. As difficult as that is for me to wrap my mind around, that would make it interesting if I had to do those scenes.

she also talks about not seeing the kids at all

What's gotten harder about playing Meredith over time?

You have to suspend your disbelief to be able to watch TV and act in TV. Now that Meredith has kids … we don't see the kids! I do scenes all the time with the sisters in the house. And it's like, where are my kids? I don't get up in the morning and make myself a coffee and sit and kibbutz at my kitchen table. I get up, I start the French toast, I've got the smoothies going, this one's gotta get dressed. You say to the writers, "Shouldn't Meredith be getting her kids ready in the morning?" It's a little challenging just for my mama bear gut-level instinct.

this whole article is actually very good.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 2

I don't read/watch all her interviews but that's the best one I've ever read. I feel bad, she's likely to get shredded for not hailing PD enough because that's pretty much a given. Stay off Twitter, Ellen!

I can say with 100% certainty that I'm out if they go Meredith/Alex (back in the first 3-4 seasons I was open to it). My dislike of Meredith has nothing to do with it, its because after 11+ seasons of them being sibling-like it would be worse than Gizzie to watch.  I found Gizzie almost intolerable, Meredith & Alex definitely would be.

One of the most amazing things to come out of this year is the addition of Penny

I have to disagree with this! I really hope this doesn't mean Penny is staying.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 4

I hope that that her coyness about a potential Mer/Alex relationship is just a tease/her not wanting to give anything away about Riggs.  But now I'm nervous and getting that Gizzie/Callie feeling all over again.  

• Love 1

I don't read/watch all her interviews but that's the best one I've ever read. I feel bad, she's likely to get shredded for not hailing PD enough because that's pretty much a given. Stay off Twitter, Ellen!

I can say with 100% certainty that I'm out if they go Meredith/Alex (back in the first 3-4 seasons I was open to it). My dislike of Meredith has nothing to do with it, its because after 11+ seasons of them being sibling-like it would be worse than Gizzie to watch.  I found Gizzie almost intolerable, Meredith & Alex definitely would be.

I have to disagree with this! I really hope this doesn't mean Penny is staying.

agree 10000% with everything you said

I hope that that her coyness about a potential Mer/Alex relationship is just a tease/her not wanting to give anything away about Riggs.  But now I'm nervous and getting that Gizzie/Callie feeling all over again.

I don't know. She seemed excited about the Meredith dating stuff and basically said she'd hate doing Meredith/Alex but would suck it up and do her job. Unless they are playing a long game, I don't think a potential Alex/Meredith relationship is coming. I think she just didn't want to give anything away about Riggs or Jolexpossibly getting engaged.

I strongly disagreed with Ellen about Penny. I was really enjoying this season until Penny showed up and then it came off the rails for me.

Edited by Evie
  • Love 3

Call me optimistic or delusional, but I got the feeling that Ellen not saying anything about Meredith/Alex is because she doesn't want to spoil what will happen with Alex/Jo. 

I also think it's all but inevitable that Meredith is going to end up in a relationship with Nathan, because I still find it odd that they added Martin Henderson to the cast right after season 11 and without having even tested the character on the show like they do with every other character they've ever added. Maybe it won't happen this season, but eventually. In the meantime I think the guy from Young and the Restless, Scott Elrod, who was only supposed to be in one episode but has since filmed four, will be someone Meredith dates.

I don't even know what to say to Ellen's comments about Penny. She, and quite possibly ABC and Shonda, are clearly not paying attention to fan reaction because she couldn't be more wrong. Or maybe they just don't care.

• Love 2

Call me optimistic or delusional, but I got the feeling that Ellen not saying anything about Meredith/Alex is because she doesn't want to spoil what will happen with Alex/Jo. 

I also think it's all but inevitable that Meredith is going to end up in a relationship with Nathan, because I still find it odd that they added Martin Henderson to the cast right after season 11 and without having even tested the character on the show like they do with every other character they've ever added. Maybe it won't happen this season, but eventually. In the meantime I think the guy from Young and the Restless, Scott Elrod, who was only supposed to be in one episode but has since filmed four, will be someone Meredith dates.

I don't even know what to say to Ellen's comments about Penny. She, and quite possibly ABC and Shonda, are clearly not paying attention to fan reaction because she couldn't be more wrong. Or maybe they just don't care.

That's an interesting guess about the character Scott Elrod is playing. I do think we will get some "Meredith's adventures in dating" before having her get into a "real" relationship. Meanwhile, it looks like she'll be involved in the Riggs/Owen story and get to know Riggs and maybe grow closer to him but more than likely not go further until next season.

• Love 3

In the meantime I think the guy from Young and the Restless, Scott Elrod, who was only supposed to be in one episode but has since filmed four, will be someone Meredith dates.

this would be interesting....I think you are on to something!  I do think whoever she dates right now, is just going to be to get her feet wet, and not be a "long term" relationship.  

edit- oops Evie said exactly what I was thinking above me.  :)

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1
What's gotten harder about playing Meredith over time?

You have to suspend your disbelief to be able to watch TV and act in TV. Now that Meredith has kids … we don't see the kids! I do scenes all the time with the sisters in the house. And it's like, where are my kids? I don't get up in the morning and make myself a coffee and sit and kibbutz at my kitchen table. I get up, I start the French toast, I've got the smoothies going, this one's gotta get dressed. You say to the writers, "Shouldn't Meredith be getting her kids ready in the morning?" It's a little challenging just for my mama bear gut-level instinct.

It is really natural  she realises the stupidity of it all and tells it to writers and they just carry on with their stuff. Writers are just so so unresponsive.

Edited by Meredithfan
  • Love 1

That's an interesting guess about the character Scott Elrod is playing. I do think we will get some "Meredith's adventures in dating" before having her get into a "real" relationship. Meanwhile, it looks like she'll be involved in the Riggs/Owen story and get to know Riggs and maybe grow closer to him but more than likely not go further until next season.

I can picture the first Merthan (?) kiss occurring in the season 12 finale.

• Love 1

I always love therapy scenes,and the next episode seems to be really worth watching in this regard, the promo shows only small glimpses but that actor who plays the therapist seems really fine.

I loved Dr Wyatt´s scenes with Crowen in S6 premiere but they had a crappy therapist  in S8.

Edited by Meredithfan

I always love therapy scenes,and the next episode seems to be really worth watching in this regard, the promo shows only small glimpses but that actor who plays the therapist seems really fine.

I loved Dr Wyatt´s scenes with Crowen in S6 premiere but they had a crappy therapist  in S8.

Meredith's arc with Wyatt in S4 as well as Cris / Owen's in S6 were both great. I'm eager to see what comes out of Meredith going back into therapy. I wish it were for longer, but I think he seems to be a one-episode guest star. We know that episode 11 will be April / Jackson centric, so there probably won't be much of any other stories that week. I wonder where they're going with Alex and Jo next week... 

• Love 1

It is really natural  she realises the stupidity of it all and tells it to writers and they just carry on with their stuff. Writers are just so so unresponsive.

Yeah, because its not like any of the writers don't have kids or deal with this themselves. Except for maybe a few, but I guess they just go: "We write how we wish it was and not how it is." 

Wow, the return of Katie Bryce. 

A PATIENT FROM MEREDITH’S VERY FIRST SURGERY IS READMITTED TO GREY SLOAN MEMORIAL, ON ABC’S “GREY’S ANATOMY”

“My Next Life” – A patient from Meredith’s very first surgery as an Intern is readmitted to Grey Sloan Memorial with a new aneurysm, and Amelia takes her case. Meanwhile, Maggie suspects that Richard knows about her relationship with Andrew, and Arizona debates dating again, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, MARCH 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.