Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I don't think Maggie's guy is Ethan. Lance Gross is a regular on Sleepy Hollow this season.

That is my point,too, it must be somebody new,the actor has a new show. He posted some photos in the trailer with this script of his new show.

Who do you think is her new love interest?

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan

From TVLine 

Question: Love Ask Ausiello! Anything on Grey’s Anatomy? —Mark
Ausiello: Not just anything but something quite intriguing. “Somebody comes along during the season from Owen’s past,” the doc’s portrayer, Kevin McKidd, revealed to us at Saturday’s #TGIT-themed Hollywood soiree. And, though he wouldn’t say whether the “somebody” would be played by Martin Henderson, who’s slated to debut around midseason, McKidd did admit that the character in question “ignites a lot of things in Owen and causes real problems for him.” Why? What happened way back when? “I don’t quite know,” McKidd insisted, “but Owen doesn’t react particularly well.” See? Intriguing!

Question: Any scoop coming up for Arizona on Grey’s Anatomy? —Ashley B
Ausiello: Check this out. Though Arizona and Andrew are now roommates, “we haven’t even gone into their apartment yet,” Jessica Capshaw confessed at Saturday’s #TGIT bash. But she still thinks that the duo are “hysterical.” Robbins’ love life, however, is no laughing matter. The new romance that Shonda Rhimes promised was coming still hasn’t arrived. Not that Capshaw minds. In the meantime, “it’s been Arizona doubling down on herself and trying to have a lighter, brighter, happier, sweeter, funnier [attitude],” she noted. “I feel like she’s back to [being who she was in] the beginning, but with all the knowledge she’s accrued.” That being the case, we can probably expect a good time from the Oct. 29 episode — the show’s 250th! — which includes Capshaw’s favorite scene of the season thus far.

Maybe it's the woman he cheated on Cristina with, maybe she drops by with that "baby" he so wanted. The baby should be about what? Two years old by now...

Because as important of an issue that it is, there is no way that they are going back to the PTSD. They can't, not even with a fellow soldier of his, it's done.

Edited by represent

Maybe it's the woman he cheated on Cristina with, maybe she drops by with that "baby" he so wanted. The baby should be about what? Two years old by now...

Because as important of an issue that it is, there is no way that they are going back to the PTSD. They can't, not even with a fellow soldier of his, it's done.

I think it has to be someone we've never seen before, because McKidd insists he doesn't know what happened between them. Maybe Henderson plays a sibling or family member? Has Owen ever mentioned if he's an only child or not? 

I also wonder if they attempt the PTSD storyline again.I don´t want them,too. It is done as you said.

I don´t think it is that woman,there would be no need for Owen to sleep with Amelia now if they already gave him the kid with the bar slut.

From SpoilerTV

Episode 12.03 - I Choose You

“I Choose You ” -- Maggie reevaluates her life choices after receiving an invitation to her ex-boyfriend’s wedding; Richard questions Bailey’s loyalty, and Jo confides in Stephanie about a secret she’s been keeping from Alex. Meanwhile, Alex struggles with making a difficult decision that will affect the lives of newborn twins. 

Episode 12.04 - Old Time Rock and Roll

"Old Time Rock’n Roll” -- Owen suggests the interns learn a vital lesson on how to break bad news to patients’ families, and Arizona’s 90-year-old patient reassures her that she’s destined to find love again. Meanwhile, the sisters completely forget about the dinner party they’re hosting for everyone. 

I'm excited to see some focus on Alex next week. It's been too long; I'm seriously doubting that Jo is pregnant though. I wonder what it could be. 12x04 doesn't sound particularly interesting, but I'm enjoying the lighter tone of the season so I'm still excited to see it. I'm all for the babies being offscreen for the majority of the series, but it'd be nice to see a scene or two of Meredith interacting with them... I hope we have some of that coming. 

• Love 2

I'm excited to see some Alex and Jo focus but I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.  Despite the episode description I wouldn't be surprised if Alex has less than 10 minutes of screentime.  

Why does Arizona have a 90 year old patient in 12x04???

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Maggie gets twice as much screen time as Alex, Jo & Alex/Jo. Watch - it will be Alex talking to Maggie for half his scenes. I am really happy that Alex seems to have a big medical case in the episode.

Why does Arizona have a 90 year old patient in 12x04???

Excellent question! I thought she took over fetal surgery from Dr. Herman.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Maggie gets twice as much screen time as Alex, Jo & Alex/Jo. Watch - it will be Alex talking to Maggie for half his scenes. I am really happy that Alex seems to have a big medical case in the episode.

I hope this is not the case.  I am really trying to like Maggie but I am not 100% on board with her yet, mostly because I feel she's been shoved down our throats. 

Even if Arizona was still in Peds she wouldn't have a 90 year old patient..so who knows.  GreysTVTipster on twitter says its not a typo.  

Excellent question! I thought she took over fetal surgery from Dr. Herman.

Hopefully, any Alex screentime that isn't with Jo is with Arizona since he's working with newborns. I wouldn't be suprised if Maggie gets more screentime, and if it's ex-boyfriend related, her vagina will probably come up and I'll have to fast forward.
  • Love 1

Is Martin Henderson already on the set or no? How can we find out?

No posts on his instagram from the set yet.

I´m impatiently waiting for his character to appear on screen,luckily in 1207.

Also, I am very much enthusiastic to see Samantha Sloyan in her character in 1205.

Basically,the only two reasons I keep on watching the show for.

Is Martin Henderson already on the set or no? How can we find out?

No posts on his instagram from the set yet.

I´m impatiently waiting for his character to appear on screen,luckily in 1207.

Also, I am very much enthusiastic to see Samantha Sloyan in her character in 1205.

Basically,the only two reasons I keep on watching the show for.

Lol you're watching the show for a character that doesn't exist yet and one who appeared for 10 minutes in 1 out of 247 episodes? 

• Love 3

Lol you're watching the show for a character that doesn't exist yet and one who appeared for 10 minutes in 1 out of 247 episodes? 

Lol yes. I do not care for any of the characters currently on the show, I watch their storylines and feel nothing,I hope these newcomers will give me a reason to CARE about a character again. So I am watching to see what context they come in on the show.Pretty logical to me. The doctor who operated on Derek was great.Very believable performance.I took an instant liking of her and I rewatched the episode a couple of times because of her as well as because of Derek. It was the last time I felt a connection with the characters. So I am pleased she comes on the show.

Henderson is a talented actor himself, I hope he won´t disappoint. I watched the other medical show because of him and I do admit I liked his performance and the character.We do not know what character he comes to play, it might be the same or a new one.

You have your own reasons why you watch the show, I have mine.  Fair enough.

What I find important is a great character plus a believable perfomance delivered by the actor/actress. Then I can care. It does not matter if I have seen him or her in 5 or 10 minutes or 200 episodes of screentime.

But to be fair, I did not mention one thing I do care about currently on the show at least to a certain extent.I would like to see the development of the relationship between Richard and Maggie - father/daughter,both actors can deliver when given a great script,both characters do have something when together that I find endearing so I am very eager to see 1206 as a few bts photos posted on instagram by a guest star suggest a parallel between patient and doctor stories - father/daughter storyline.

https://www.facebook.com/ActorGreggDaniel/posts/537155433107097

And I would want to care about Maggie but she has to stop talking about vaginas and be more mature and not cry amidst the surgery and stop punching people here and there.At the moment I like the actress for her portrayal more than the character herself.

Lol yes. I do not care for any of the characters currently on the show, I watch their storylines and feel nothing,I hope these newcomers will give me a reason to CARE about a character again. So I am watching to see what context they come in on the show.Pretty logical to me. The doctor who operated on Derek was great.Very believable performance.I took an instant liking of her and I rewatched the episode a couple of times because of her as well as because of Derek. It was the last time I felt a connection with the characters. So I am pleased she comes on the show.

Henderson is a talented actor himself, I hope he won´t disappoint. I watched the other medical show because of him and I do admit I liked his performance and the character.We do not know what character he comes to play, it might be the same or a new one.

You have your own reasons why you watch the show, I have mine.  Fair enough.

What I find important is a great character plus a believable perfomance delivered by the actor/actress. Then I can care. It does not matter if I have seen him or her in 5 or 10 minutes or 200 episodes of screentime.

But to be fair, I did not mention one thing I do care about currently on the show at least to a certain extent.I would like to see the development of the relationship between Richard and Maggie - father/daughter,both actors can deliver when given a great script,both characters do have something when together that I find endearing so I am very eager to see 1206 as a few bts photos posted on instagram by a guest star suggest a parallel between patient and doctor stories - father/daughter storyline.

https://www.facebook.com/ActorGreggDaniel/posts/537155433107097

And I would want to care about Maggie but she has to stop talking about vaginas and be more mature and not cry amidst the surgery and stop punching people here and there.At the moment I like the actress for her portrayal more than the character herself.

Do we have any sources as to how long Samantha Sloyan will be on? I wonder if they'll move her to GSM if the fan reaction is good. Like, is Shonda hunting for more regulars? I'm already sure that Giacomo Gianniotti and Joe Adler will be made regulars by next year, which would have us near 20 soon.. 

And I didn't meant to be rude lol I just thought it sounded funny... like you pointed out, I just noticed that I had never really heard what you DO enjoy about the show. So that's nice too see. I really wish they had developed Maggie / Richard more, too. It started off promising last year until Amelia started gaining prominence in the back-half of the season. Now they seem to forget that Richard is her father; it's never talked about, and they rarely interact. 

• Love 1

From SpoilerTV

I'm excited to see some focus on Alex next week. It's been too long; I'm seriously doubting that Jo is pregnant though. I wonder what it could be. 12x04 doesn't sound particularly interesting, but I'm enjoying the lighter tone of the season so I'm still excited to see it. I'm all for the babies being offscreen for the majority of the series, but it'd be nice to see a scene or two of Meredith interacting with them... I hope we have some of that coming. 

I haven't been this excited for an episode since season 10.  I'm bound to be disappointed, but its nice to look forward to the show and have something to speculate about!  I don't think that Jo is pregnant either, but I do hope that the scenes in the bathroom with Steph and the elevator scenes are related.  The things that puzzle/intrigue me are:  

1. The summary says that the secret is one that Jo "has been keeping" from Alex, which doesn't sound like she just found out she is pregnant.  Maybe she has had "female" issues in the past and the news she got this morning is a confirmation of something that will affect Alex too (which makes it sound fertility related.)

2. The fact that Jo asks if she really needs to tell Alex point to it not being a pregnancy

3.  The "Its not like I wanted this to happen" does sound like a pregnancy. 

Its probably something completely not related to any of this and will be something that can be resolved by the end of the episode and that will be their "storyline" for the remainder of the first half of the season LOL!   Ugh!  All of the theories and speculation on the various interwebz is making me nervous!

• Love 1

If this show has a 90 year old pregnant woman on it, I give up.  

I'm expecting it to be something similar to what's described in the linked article below, where an old woman carried a calcified foetus for 60 years:-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/08/05/how-one-woman-carried-a-stone-fetus-inside-her-for-over-60-years/

I just hope Owen doesn't get all misty eyed and try to adopt it.

• Love 7
The summary says that the secret is one that Jo "has been keeping" from Alex, which doesn't sound like she just found out she is pregnant.  Maybe she has had "female" issues in the past and the news she got this morning is a confirmation of something that will affect Alex too (which makes it sound fertility related.)

I don't think Jo is pregnant, I think she can't have children. Maybe the "news" she got in the morning is that Alex definitely wants children. We know Alex is working on a case and its possible Jo overhears something he says, then the elevator convo, then Jo/Steph.  Or, they can't be bothered even trying not to give away a big story like a pregnancy for Alex/Jo.

I just hope Owen doesn't get all misty eyed and try to adopt it.

LOL!

Edited by windsprints

I very excited for Thursday...please don't disappoint me show!  I am still sticking with Jo's issue being career related and that's why she doesn't think she needs to tell Alex (probably something she is turning down).  Most people don't find out they can't have kids unless they are trying, or have some sort of disease/condition.  I don't see GA going there for Jolex.  I am thinking there will probably be a marriage proposal at the end.  

Good call on the stone fetus pointybird.  that must be it.

It says the party they are hosting for everyone in the description and I can't really see them doing 2 parties. Maybe we see them forgetting and the lead up in 4 and the actual party taking place in 5?

moving this over here....I wonder if they are going to promote the dinner party in 250th/12x05 episode as a big celebration for something?  seems unlikely if its just going to be something carried over from the episode before.  i seem to remember the 200th episode gala being heavily promoted.  Curious to see what they do for the 250th.  

Maybe it is a dinner party to celebrate both Bailey and Meredith's promotions.  I could see that not being all that important to Meredith and her forgetting that they are supposed to be celebrating her.  But aren't some cast members not at the dinner party?  I can't remember the BTS photo but I thought that Richard, Maggie and Ben weren't there, so I guess that at least points toward it not being to celebrate anything for Bailey.  Maybe when they are trying to cheer Maggie up, they drunkenly decide to throw a party and then forget, and Maggie won't be able to make it anyway.  I don't know...I wish they weren't being so stingy with sides and info!

random casting note: If anyone listens to the Afterbuzz podcast...they said that Grey's was casting for a bunch of female characters to play lesbians in a gay/lesbian bar.  I wonder if we will actually get the bar scene or if they are just looking for someone to play a love interest for Arizona (since it seems like Callie's is already cast).  

https://instagram.com/p/8tRVB5xa4T/?taken-by=giacomo_gianniotti

Is it ok to post this info here?

It seems Martin is already working on set,he spent a weekend with some of the cast celebrating his birthday (8th October,41 years old) - it seems the actors have known each other for some time.

They are shooting 1207,so it is true then,his character will appear in this episode for the first time.

I think he looks very handsome. Hopefully, his character will be a mature, smart, honest and decent man.

• Love 1

cool, thanks for sharing that pic!  The filming schedule seems a bit weird so Martin Henderson could appear as early as episode 6 i think, possible 7.  The table read for 12x08 was last Thursday so they probably started shooting episode 8 this week.   They were also taping two different epsidoes on Thurs so likely that means 6/7.  I think they usually have a few days after the table before they start filming.  

• Love 1

very interesting.  what would they be doing with a mask/replica of Meredith's face?  gosh I admit I am super curious what this could be.

Do you think they are shooting episode 9 already?  Ellen posted that pic with Denzel yesterday, but that could have been an earlier pic that she was holding on to until the news was announced.  Maybe they are shooting out of order to accommodate him?  

Edit: it does seem like they started filming 12x09 https://instagram.com/p/81VBetkXy8/

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1
what would they be doing with a mask/replica of Meredith's face?  gosh I admit I am super curious what this could be.

I'm curious too. Since they're making the replica its possible its another "Meredith in peril" story. I hope not though because its been done so much - Meredith has her hand in a body/almost blows up, Meredith drowns herself/dies/returns, Meredith is in an ambulance accident, Meredith is in a plane crash - what else is there? Any ideas on what else could they need a replica of her face for?

Edited by windsprints

Oh dear God, not another disaster.

I thought Shonda said this season was going to be light, right? Please Shonda, don't do this to us. We can't take another disaster. It's freaking ridiculous. Sigh.

Edited by Kagomei

It doesn't necessarily need to be a big disaster, but I think it'll definitely be a big story. It could be something like the paramedic crash in S4 or "Dark Was the Night" / "Suddenly" which were also the winter finale and first episode back for season 8. I'm not sure how Meredith's head figures into it though lol... I do have a feeling that if they lined up Denzel to direct, they must be confident in the script. I'm sure Shonda, Stacey and co. know that this will be a highly scrutinized episode. Plus, with the lighter tone of every episode so far, I wouldn't mind a big shakeup or two along the way.

But yea... no tornados or zombies, please. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

God I really hope it isn't another disaster for Meredith. Who would believe that at this point? Although maybe they could fool the general public since they did kill off Patrick Dempsey last year.

Maybe something happens to someone who looks very close to Meredith and the hospital staff freaks out that the patient is her (but it's not). Might as well go all out for the crazy soap evil twin/doppelgänger trope! I admit it's a little out there but that could be it if they couldn't find someone who looked close enough to Ellen.

I think Kagomei is right, I just don't see a "Meredith in danger" storyline since they keep hyping a lighter tone.

I like your theory too Baseops. I thought those two episodes of S8 were strong so I wouldn't mind something like that.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

I've also read some speculation that it could be similar to the Buffy episode Hush, where there is almost no dialogue in the episode. Or maybe the perspective of a deaf patient.

Stacy McKee does write most of the more gimmicky episodes, so there could be something to that.

• Love 2

I've also read some speculation that it could be similar to the Buffy episode Hush, where there is almost no dialogue in the episode. Or maybe the perspective of a deaf patient.

Stacy McKee does write most of the more gimmicky episodes, so there could be something to that.

Ooh that's interesting. I just realized, doesn't Stacey McKee write a lot of the AU episodes too?

I'd love another AU episode, Greysaddict! AU is so much fun. 

And I read the same speculations, Deanie87.

I'm very curious and excited. I think Denzel wouldn't be there if they didn't have a good enough script, so perhaps we can hope for something really good? At least that's what I'm expecting. 

The episode title isn't usually direct reflection of what happens in the episode, it's more like the theme of the episode. So it could be as simple as the theme being what happens when you don't speak up. That sort of thing.

Edited by funnygirl

The episode title isn't usually direct reflection of what happens in the episode, it's more like the theme of the episode. So it could be as simple as the theme being what happens when you don't speak up. That sort of thing.

It could be Meredith thinking about old age, alone after the kids are grown in a quiet house. The mask could be to age her for a dream like they did with the Cristina/Meredith chicken dream. It could fit if Meredith is beginning to think about whether or not she's ready to date again.

Edited by windsprints

Maybe Meredith gets her head cut off by flying debris while Amelia is demolishing the house, but then Amelia stands like a superhero while an acoustic cover of "Who Let The Dogs Out" plays. When someone tries to help she screams 'SHUT UP I NEED SILENCE' and then she discovers a way to reattach Meredith's head and revive her. Then she has sex with Owen. Just a guess.. 

• Love 8

From EW: 

How is Meredith going to react to Callie’s new girlfriend on Grey’s Anatomy? — Kendra
You mean the one who played a role in the death of her husband? In short: “Not well,” Sara Ramirez tells me. “It’s a challenging discovery. She’s going to need a lot of support, and she’s going to be reactive. That’s going to create some major conflict between a lot of the doctors, including Meredith.” Bonus: That rumor about Josh Duhamel guest-starring is totally false.