Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Rumble in the Jungle

Christina: Wait, the middle aged lady who talks like a gangsta rapper is completely useless? Color me shocked. The less said about this miserable woman the better.

Steve: You're a saint, buddy. I have no idea how you did that. What you don't kill makes you stronger... Or something like that. 

So I guess they're allowed to bring more than 1 item each now? We had a fire starter, machete, and pot in this episode. 

• Love 1

I was thinking last week that there was no "I brought ..." and "I brought ..." but thought maybe it was just a new way to start the show but yeah this week same again and I see 3 items also - unless of course they "found" the pot

We started to watch it, but when the blond woman was getting undressed and said, "I'm not worried about sleeping with a guy I don't know . . . wouldn't be the first time" (with a smirk), I figured it was a good time to turn in for the night . . . kind of figured this was NOT going to be a contestant I'd enjoy.  From what I've read, I was right.

• Love 2

A lot of things have changed this season. I call Bullshit. I guess now you get to start off with your 1 item, 2 foraging bags and a pot. Where did my show go?

I really admired Steve for not killing her. Donner party of 1.  I have a potty mouth myself at times, but Christina put me to shame. I somehow feel better now.

• Love 2

She was a shrew.  He was extremely patient.  As far as I can tell, he also provided all of their food.  He got the snake, the sugarcane-like plant and the toads.  Not sure how her rating went up, she should have gone way down.  His should have gone way up for basically being a one man team.

I too noticed that they had multiple items and that they just don't address it in the opening sequence.

I find it odd that these people are on a show called "Naked and Afraid" and yet most of the time they are always covering their crotch with their shoulder bag.  Why?  The camerapeople clearly will see them naked, and no one at home will.  A bit surprised they didn't try to fashion any clothing out of those leaves, or that the woman didn't magically find a pair of underwear to help with some of the ant/bug issues.

I always get a kick out of watching the couples swim to get to their extraction point.  The show always makes it look like they are going to get eaten by a crocodile or a shark.  Obviously the cameramen are in boats right next to them.  No doubt the sounds of the motor help drive away crocs, and perhaps they even have a diver in the water making sure there's nothing around.

• Love 1

Steve deserved a medal for putting up with that woman.  Oh, did you know she's quite the hunter? 

Regardless, Steve is a life coach and even though I don't put much stock in that (I know some life coaches and I'm like, really?  You can't even coach your way out of ripping up your Life Coach U. internet diploma), he's got a ton of emotional intelligence and seems pretty highly evolved, which is always a good thing because god knows, there are enough assholes in this world....

• Love 1

This episode really highlighted the "mental toughness" part of this show. I will ashamedly admit that I complained every time Christina complained lol

Man what a letdown after the last episode.

So I guess they're allowed to bring more than 1 item each now? We had a fire starter, machete, and pot in this episode.

From the Naked and Afraid Facebook page:

For the new season, we’re trying something new and giving the survivalists a third item to use as they see fit during their survival challenge.

Makes sense. There were too many quitters or people lying around starving until extraction day.

Edited by niklj

I loved it when Steve told her to stop acting like a 12 year old. Her behavior is exactly what I would expect from a 12 year old.

How many times did Christina mention she was a single mom? I would say at least 5 times. I guess it was her way of trying to get sympathy.

• Love 2

You know Miss Mouthy is going to brag until the end of time how she made it through the whole 21 days on Naked & Afraid.

"Have you ever seen that show? No? Oh well, lemme tell you all about it. I am such a bad ass! I survived the full 21 days with nothing but my bad ass hunting skills and my sharp mental toughness. Lots of people fail on that show, but not me. You don't want to fuck with me, because I can live with out nothing,,,you hear me? NOTHING!! for 21 whole days, because I did it before...blah blah blah....ad nausea..."

But she will conveniently omit how her partner carried her the whole way while she pissed and moaned and was a miserable harpy. She would have quit after day 4 if she didn't have such a mentally strong and capable partner. 

It just affirms what I've already learned in life, the more someone brags, the more they are full of poop. I knew in the first 2 minutes (disregarding the preview) she would be a mess. 

The ones you have to watch out for in life are the quiet observant ones. They usually follow through and don't need to brag to show their skills.

Great job Steve!!

• Love 2

...It just affirms what I've already learned in life, the more someone brags, the more they are full of poop. I knew in the first 2 minutes (disregarding the preview) she would be a mess. 

The ones you have to watch out for in life are the quiet observant ones. They usually follow through and don't need to brag to show their skills.

True that!  This has happened before on this show.  'The jungle is my bitch' that's the way single mothers talk.  What an embarrassment.

• Love 2