Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Alligator Alley

Attention casting directors: More people like Ryan and Amber and less model/actor wannabes! It was so refreshing to see 2 people who checked their egos at the swamp's edge and used their skills and knowledge to THRIVE in the wild. Amber's "pussy" comment was the only blemish on the episode, but her quick apology the next day took care of that. I gotta say I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Ryan's planned survival camp in Maine someday.

• Love 2

Agree LAgator77, these two were super together. Ryan was funny and smart and what a great hunter. Here's hoping the producers upped the requirements for contestants to be on the show. These two were highly qualified and did very well together. Wish Amber would have been able to make the whole 21 days. She was a bit cavalier about the gators. Loved the destination, lots of wildlife. All in all, a good start to the season.

Ryan did great. 2 catfish, a water moccasin and a gator. He really provided. I agree with his stance on attacking an alligator in water being suicidal. The pole/noose thing he created worked great. Too bad Amber got sick. They never disclosed what she had. Did they?

• Love 2

Good episode (he caught a fish with a throwing spear?!), but when did they start doing voiceovers from the contestants? It sounded so produced, like when he was talking at the end about how he wanted to start a wilderness camp and stuff. You could tell it wasn't something he was saying right after the experience, more like he was in a studio or something. Hope it's not a trend.

Also Amber was way too confident around those alligators. It's like an animal trainer that forgets their animals are actually wild and COULD KILL YOU.

• Love 1

I thought his rating should have been higher too and was surprised when it didn't go up more.  He managed better than any other person so far.  It was refreshing to see.  

They do normally update on the medical condition of anyone taken out.  I wonder why they didn't this time.  Makes me suspicious.

• Love 1

This was the most competent and compatible twosome I've ever seen on this show.  I wonder why Amber got food poisoning, but Ryan didn't, when they were eating the same things.  

I watched this last night and they said something at the very end about Amber getting a fungal infection from a fungus on the shells they were using to cook the snakes eggs. I guess the shell she used had the fungus and his didn't, which sucks. She was on an anti-fungal med for like 80 days afterwords or something crazy like that. At least she knows she was really very sick and it wasn't something that would have passed if left alone for a day or so. 

• Love 1

Wow, must have been quite serious.  I'm surprised that more of these people don't get really sick from all the bug bites that cover their bodies.  And walking barefoot would definitely cut up my tender feet.  

• Love 3

These two were by far the most well adjusted, prepared and able NaF-ers yet!  They ate like kings compared to others stranded in the middle of Hell and they were both very supportive of each other (minus Amber's "pussy" comment -but she owned it and apologized like a mature rational person).

Ryan was the most amazing survivalist I've ever seen on this show.  HE CAUGHT AN ALLIGATOR!?! Damn.  And I thought spearing two fish was impressive (IT WAS!) I wish there was a monetary reward so that he would have earned some funds for his survivalist school for vets with PTSD.  Because, damn, he earned it - and that's one hell of a cause!

• Love 3

I really appreciated them both too, prepared and willing to work together, very nice!  Her apology was good, and I really liked how he accepted it and moved on.  THIS is what we want, way more entertaining than fighting and dramatics.  

I would rather battle a 10 foot alligator than one of those big snakes, cottonmouths (what we call them in Virginia) have a BAD attitude.  Super aggressive and nasty venom.  

I thought Ryan's PSR should have gone up more. He did really well!

I know!!!!  He was like a god!  I would absolutely attend his survival school (if I had any courage, which I don't).