Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

Sherri does everything over the top so I find it hard to believe she doesn't over pack.  Once again I think it's just made up "zany madcap adventures" with Sherri. 

Is there ever a day goes by that something doesn't happen with her? 

Apparently not:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   25m   

When I woke up & saw the window washers... I startled them. I stared @them - they stared @me & then I screamed - they could've fallen :O(

• Love 1

Apparently not:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   25m   

When I woke up & saw the window washers... I startled them. I stared @them - they stared @me & then I screamed - they could've fallen :O(

She's an idiot!!!  (Who doesn't close their drapes when sleeping in a hotel?)

• Love 3
Once again I think it's just made up "zany madcap adventures" with Sherri.

I'm sure there are folk-and-fans who buy that crapola and she'll continue to get some work because of it.  For me, it's irritation (spelled p-i-s-s-e-d  o-f-f) to infinity.  If I believed in Jesus, I'd ask Him to take me up right now!  Take me up, Lord...take me up now!  (Picture me with my hands waving, my eyes closed, and my body shimming to the delight of no one).

• Love 3

She's an idiot!!!  (Who doesn't close their drapes when sleeping in a hotel?)

I was going to ask the same thing.  I'm calling bullshit on this one.  I don't care if you are 100 stories up most people would still close the curtains.

She should be flying back to NYC soon.  Let's prepare ourselves for a plane adventure.  And by the way where has Jeffrey been? 

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 3
Why would Sal need to go on public assistance?  He is an able-bodied man who should be capable of finding employment to support his child.  Just because he might not want to work doesn't mean he won't have to.  You make it sound like he has two choices, either Sherri supports him or the government does.

SusieQ147, I think those two choices may be the only ones that come to mind...Sal's mind.  He's a cute, young, appealing,  hot, hunk-of-a-golddigger  who has figured out how to live well without working for some time now...quite some time.  He lived the celebrity life for a minute and now he's "entitled."  Mrs. Sally taught him that.

I was going to ask the same thing.  I'm calling bullshit on this one.  I don't care if you are 100 stories up most people would still close the curtains.

And if she didn't have the window washers to bitch/scream about, she'd probably holler about that horrible BRIGHT light...she thought The Rapture was upon her.  Then she remembered it was morning and that was the sun.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

http://www.christianpost.com/news/sherri-shepherds-ex-lamar-sally-misses-comedian-but-vows-to-raise-surrogate-baby-alone-124734/

Apparently Sal misses Sherri.  Or more likely misses his access to her bank account.

The article says a hearing was held yesterday and continued to October 29th.  This is ridiculous.  This is a baby we are talking about.  What if Sherri's disinterest in the child is just a negotiating tactic?  That little boy will be almost 3 months old.

• Love 2

Why would Sal need to go on public assistance?  He is an able-bodied man who should be capable of finding employment to support his child.  Just because he might not want to work doesn't mean he won't have to.  You make it sound like he has two choices, either Sherri supports him or the government does.

I don't know much about Sal's previous work history (for all I know, he could very intelligent/qualified.) But if he is as broke as they say, I would imagine that he is going to have some difficulty finding another job. And if and when he does, he will still need to pay for someone to watch the child while he is at work. In that case, he might be eligible for subsidized childcare and/or support, as any other parent would. I just hope it doesn't come down to that.

I don't know how solid Sherri's case is. Sal might be a deadbeat and a grifter, but she was talking about hiring a surrogate on the View back in 2012 if I remember correctly. This is obviously a decision she put some time and thought into. And then there are all the appointments that are involved - finding a surrogate, signing legal contracts that are involved, etc. And hiring a surrogate in and of itself can cost upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Sal can always argue that he just fell out of love with Sherri and/or that she was impossible to live with. He can also argue that she is just being vindictive because he fell out of love with her.

Edited by vanillamountain
  • Love 2

I seriously call bullshit on the window washer story as well. If it were early the hotel would have told people in advance.

Plus, imo the plate (with leftover egg on it) and coffee/tea bag tells me she was already up....and she was out with friends last night.

This is the second drama upon awakening this week.

• Love 3

And by the way where has Jeffrey been?

Perhaps he's with his father before school starts again. If so, Sherri forgot  the "his dad needs him too" tweets and picture of Jeffrey waving goodbye through the car window.

• Love 1
I don't know how strong her case is.  She did sign a contract to be this child's mother. I'm not sure Sal's "defrauding" her will cause a judge to void that contract.  Although I can't imagine a judge ordering her to pay financial support and grant Sal's wishes that Sherri have minimal contact or involvement with the child.  If she chooses to not be a part of the child's life that is one thing but for a judge to order that she not is far-fetched.

The thing is they were married and lived in the state of N. Jersey which does  not recognize surrogacy agreements. Which is why he hopped his tail all the way to Cali to file for divorce & custody. Imo, Sherri's chances are excellent just on it's face. 

Edited by BetteBoo

Plus, imo the plate (with leftover egg on it) and coffee/tea bag tells me she was already up....and she was out with friends last night.

Did I miss a picture of Sherri, heaven help me, lol. Didn't see one with the dishes????

• Love 3

The thing is they were married and lived in the state of N. Jersey which does  not recognize surrogacy agreements. Which is why he hopped his tail all the way to Cali to file for divorce & custody. Imo, Sherri's chances are excellent just on it's face. 

The article posted above said the surrogacy contract was signed and filed in Pennsylvania, so the Cali courts were waiting for a decision from a Penn court

• Love 1

http://www.christianpost.com/news/sherri-shepherds-ex-lamar-sally-misses-comedian-but-vows-to-raise-surrogate-baby-alone-124734/

Apparently Sal misses Sherri. Or more likely misses his access to her bank account.

The article says a hearing was held yesterday and continued to October 29th. This is ridiculous. This is a baby we are talking about. What if Sherri's disinterest in the child is just a negotiating tactic? That little boy will be almost 3 months old.

Unfortunately, it's not at all unusual for some parental disputes to drag on for years in the courts, particularly when they're multijurisdictional like this one. Hopefully that won't be the case here, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Unfortunately, it's not at all unusual for some parental disputes to drag on for years in the courts, particularly when they're multijurisdictional like this one. Hopefully that won't be the case here, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I have to wonder if Sal or Sherri thought at all about this baby when they split?  You have Sal who left the perceived mother to be of his child and asked she only have "reasonable visitation" and Sherri who allegedly threw her hands up and said "I'm done with this whole thing".  IMO neither one of these idiots have any idea what it's like to be a parent. And considering Sherri has been a parent for the past 8 years she should know better.  I get the fact that these two no longer want to be married to one another but if they had a brain between the two of them perhaps they could have worked something out instead of it turning into the spectacle it has turned into.

Neither one of them looks good in this.  Sal looks like a lazy gold-digger who is using his son as a meal ticket.  Sherri looks like someone who only wanted a baby as long as the daddy was her husband.  IMO once Sherri no longer had a husband she no longer had an interest in the baby.  Which IMO means she only went along with the surrogacy to please her man. 

• Love 2

Hey Rog, good point, but I thought you had a Twitter account.  Didn't you "take on" Keith Olbermann a while back?

Yes I have twitter but that picture was on instagram which I dont have an account with...... I guess because I have a face for radio and not for the camera :p

• Love 1

The article posted above said the surrogacy contract was signed and filed in Pennsylvania, so the Cali courts were waiting for a decision from a Penn court

I thought the custody case is heard by the same court that hears the divorce petition, which is NJ since Sherri filed first and that's the state they married and lived in. Yes? No?

I thought the custody case is heard by the same court that hears the divorce petition, which is NJ since Sherri filed first and that's the state they married and lived in. Yes? No?

Well Sal filed in California first.... but filed for separation since he didnt have residency status yet...... and then Sherri filed for divorce in NJ for her agenda... this is what the article said http://www.christianpost.com/news/sherri-shepherds-ex-lamar-sally-misses-comedian-but-vows-to-raise-surrogate-baby-alone-124734/

Arguments were heard in court on Wednesday; however, a judge declined to issue a dismissal decision "at this time" pending "further findings" by a court in Pennsylvania. The matter was continued to Oct. 29.

Re-reading it.... Sherri was asking for a dismissal so this was a NJ court who wants to wait for the Pennsylvania decision.

(edited)

Apparently Sherri won't be watching The View...

@SherriEShepherd
@IamHakeemThomas I can't get into a discussion about an old episode of @TheViewtv -I don't watch anymore - we will have to agree to disagree

In my search I found a similar article (references the other article)

http://www.examiner.com/article/lamar-sally-and-sherri-shepherd-s-custody-case-has-been-postponed

Look at the grammar errors!

In the meantime, Sally has vowed to raise the surrogate baby alone. He said the baby is wonderful and doing good. His name is Lamar Sally, Jr. who has been nicknamed L.J.

(unless it is a direct quote from Sal and it is only missing quotation marks!)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

What was Sherri asking to have dismissed?

I'm not a lawyer but it seems that Sherri is trying to remove herself from the surrogacy agreement. Since the surrogate was in Pennsylvania, I assume the contract was signed there. If she is no longer a party to the contract, then custody would no longer be an issue in the divorce.

I really think there is more to this story than Sherri just deciding she didn't want the baby. JMO

Edited twice because I can't think and type!

Edited by Dissy
  • Love 1

Apparently Sal misses Sherri.  Or more likely misses his access to her bank account.

The article says a hearing was held yesterday and continued to October 29th.  This is ridiculous.  This is a baby we are talking about.  What if Sherri's disinterest in the child is just a negotiating tactic?  That little boy will be almost 3 months old.

While that article is dated yesterday, August 13th, it's based on the Daily News article that they linked to:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/sherri-shepherd-surrogate-contract-dismissed-lamar-sally-article-1.1894912

Somehow, we all missed that one (lol) last Thursday, August 7th. The recent hearing was last Wednesday, August 6th, not yesterday.

Edited by LuckyBitch
Sally, meanwhile, intends to raise the boy as a single parent but wants Shepherd to help with the cost.

From said article, LuckyBitch.   To quote a fellow 1950s philosopher:

Get a job

Sha na na na - sha na na na na

Every morning about this time

She gets me out of my bed a-crying

Get a job

After breakfast every day

She throws the want ads right my way

And never fails to say

Get a job

Sha na na na - sha na na na na

It was  different post: http://instagram.com/p/rr4Dg7oLlG/

I'm glad to see she's doing better on her diet than I am on mine.  She didn't lick the plate!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

Sounds like Sherri's part in the film being shot in Atlanta is huge.....luckily she has already had a day off and lots of time for wake up drama, dinners, lunches...actually today she had 2 lunches! And...sounds like not at the craft table on set. Or at least plenty of time for 2 anyway.

• Love 1

I wonder who's really taking care of the baby? Sal may be an awesome, loving single dad, but what experience does he have taking care of an infant? I wonder if he has a live-in nurse or nanny? I can't believe he's on his own.

Sounds like Sherri's part in the film being shot in Atlanta is huge.....luckily she has already had a day off and lots of time for wake up drama, dinners, lunches...actually today she had 2 lunches! And...sounds like not at the craft table on set. Or at least plenty of time for 2 anyway.

Yes, the part must be very small because she started Monday and is done on Friday, with what seems like lots of time off.

From a post she did on Instagram:   http://instagram.com/p/rsvJ5qoLhT/

She answered a question:

dieseltsl

How long ur in town (atl)?

sherrieshepherd

@Dieseltsl I'm in town until Friday - when I wrap Ride Along2

• Love 1

Yes, the part must be very small because she started Monday and is done on Friday, with what seems like lots of time off.

On the movie site her name is there but no character name, so does that mean she is just an extra????

I love the shoes but yikes her feet didn't look good.

And considering she is in the midst of a divorce/custody case involving money should Sherri be posting about buying very expensive shoes?

And her remark about the shoes being perfect for post View meetings was odd.  Does she think casting directors are going to look at her shoes?  Don't get me wrong, I love shoes and if someone had on a fabulous pair I would definitely notice and say something but it wouldn't influence my decision to hire or not hire someone. 

• Love 1

I wonder who's really taking care of the baby? Sal may be an awesome, loving single dad, but what experience does he have taking care of an infant? I wonder if he has a live-in nurse or nanny? I can't believe he's on his own.

Isn't this true for any new parent? Plus, I'm guessing the same mother who used to visit in NJ and cook for him is there to help too.

Edited by marny
  • Love 2
I love the shoes but yikes her feet didn't look good.

I agree...those shoes are not right for her.  She saw them from (probably) the right angles that makes her think they look good.  Too bad she didn't study her Selfies before she made the purchase.

And considering she is in the midst of a divorce/custody case involving money should Sherri be posting about buying very expensive shoes?

The shoes are expensive only for most women...probably not for someone who has a supposed net worth of $10 million.

I'm guessing the same mother who used to visit in NJ and cook for him is there to help too.

Most people would at least mention friends/relatives who are giving a hand to help with a new baby...and especially if your mother is one of them.  Good ol' selfish Sal.

One day shoes like that will be off limits to her. She's speeding it up. Interesting that there are messages on her Instagram referencing others Sherri obviously deleted. The post or whatever you call it just sounds like excuses for buying the shoes. She could have just posted, New Shoes or something with a bunch of hash tags, of course, LOL..

Interesting that there are messages on her Instagram referencing others Sherri obviously deleted.

I read the negative post before she deleted it.  It was someone calling her out on her need to show everyone such pricey shoes. And of course her defenders pounced.

Sherri's fans sure are quick to protect her aren't they?  I like certain celebs but I don't think I would ever be compelled to respond to people criticizing them on social media.  Now if someone was criticizing my son that is different. I would be a mama lion and the claws would come out.  But Sherri Shepherd is someone who has been in the public eye for quite a few years.  She should be able to handle people "hating on her" without having to delete any sort of negative criticism.

When you post every detail of your life online you can't be surprised if people are going to call  you out on shit they find stupid or offensive or just plain don't like.  Sherri needs to realize not everyone is a fan of hers. 

Hello, everyone. Please be careful when talking about fans or members here or on other sites. We don't want trolls and flame wars. State your opinion of Sherri, but avoid talking about her fans. Thank you. 

Sherri might have a net worth of 10 million, but that's not money in the bank.  What's that expression?  Paper rich but cash poor - or something like that.  And of course the more money you have, the more and bigger bills you have. 

That way-too-big house she has is part of her net worth, but lord knows how much it costs to run and maintain.  That'd be some big bucks right there. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It all comes down to common sense

If you are trying to be released of the financial responsibility of a baby...

don't be flaunting the purchase of $700 shoes.

(and don't use the word babies to describe them!)

(and I'm sorry but the heels remind me of golf tees!) lol

Edited by springtime
  • Love 8

Unless Sherri made investments I'm not so sure she is as well off as she might like to appear.  She just lost her main source of income.  Oh sure she is doing way better than all of us but she has a lot of overhead.  What was it Dolly Parton said?  "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap"?

• Love 5

It all comes down to common sense

If you are trying to be released of the financial responsibility of a baby...

don't be flaunting the purchase of $700 shoes.

(and don't use the word babies to describe them!)

I made that point earlier.  I don't know if Sherri is just completely clueless or intentionally posting this shit to irritate Sal and the people who think she is a bad person for absolving herself of any responsibility towards the baby.  Either way she really does need to grow up.  Maybe it's just me but I find it childish to show off pics of shoes that most women could only dream of ever buying.  So she can afford to buy a ridiculously priced pair of shoes.  Good for her but does social media really need to know about it. 

Sherri has become a "look at me, aren't I just fabulous" type of person and it is very obnoxious.  I think in her  mind she is a fashionista.  Which IMO she is most definitely NOT.  She might get her picture taken a lot but I doubt we will be seeing her on any best dressed lists any time soon.

• Love 4

Yep....she doesn't do this very often - yet was it just last month she couldn't decide which pair of pink shoes to buy?....so bought all 3.

Why I never am sorry for her when she gripes about money or needing to provide for Jeffrey. Good grief, shoe styles go out of style very quickly.

And LOL - notice she is marring the CL box with the heel (3x), showing the sole, surely this was the best of this little selfie brag session set up.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

I feel very fortunate because back in the day when my feet were more than just the things I walk around on, they were quite pretty. Big toes longer than the second toes, slender without looking bony, nice arches, slim ankles that were strong enough so I could wear high heels without killing myself.

As I've gotten older, I have finally realized that some folks don't see the imperfections in their feet like I didn't see the imperfections in the less perfect parts of my body. I've seen a host of celebrities with what I would have considered pretty ugly feet who seem oblivious to how they look.

I couldn't imagine, back then, wearing close toed shoes that showed half of my toes sticking out. Or flaunting non-existent arches. Or chubby heels. Wearing shoes for the label and not the way they made my feet look good, not bad. But it was almost impossible to make my own feet look bad.

Wow, that's weird... honestly I don't have a foot fetish although it sounds like it :) . I just think that we all are a little blind about the parts of us that aren't so perfect. But wearing a label versus wearing something flattering is a fault that I think a lot of celebrities have. The red carpets are all about 'who are you wearing' rather than how someone looks.

• Love 4

Unless Sherri made investments I'm not so sure she is as well off as she might like to appear.  She just lost her main source of income.  Oh sure she is doing way better than all of us but she has a lot of overhead.  What was it Dolly Parton said?  "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap"?

True. And I'm guessing that Sal probably went through a bunch of their money while they were married too. If they had a joint checking account, I could see her giving him carte blanche to buy whatever he wanted. She probably justified it to herself by arguing that the "wife should submit to her husband" and go along with whatever he says. Sigh.

That's probably how they ended up with the newborn kid, too, now that I think of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Sherri had handlers who warned her against it ("Sherri, this guy is using you!") but she went along with it because it made Sal happy. Unfortunately, unless she can definitely prove that Sal defrauded her (which is very difficult to do,) I don't think any judge is going to accept "willful ignorance" as an excuse for why she shouldn't provide for the child.

Edited by vanillamountain
  • Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Sherri had handlers who warned her against it ("Sherri, this guy is using you!")

I've often wondered if Sherri had anyone in her life who saw what we saw.  I find it hard to believe that people close to her didn't see all the red flags we saw.  But of course if anyone dare question Sherri's judgment she would have ignored them anyways. The woman does not respond well to criticism.

I don't think any judge is going to accept "willful ignorance" as an excuse for why she shouldn't provide for the child.

Unless the surrogacy contract has something in it that turned out to be untrue then I agree Sherri is going to have a hard time proofing fraud.  I honestly believe Sherri is just hurt and pissed her marriage didn't work.  The fact that she is allegedly not wanting anything to do with the baby tells me she wanted a husband more than she wanted the child.  Which makes me wonder. What would have happened if this had all played out after the baby was born.  What if Sal had left when the baby was a month old? Would Sherri have still taken the position she now has?

• Love 4

Would Sherri have still taken the position she now has?

I don't know if we actually know her position. I think on this one, and only this one topic, she has gotten good advice and has accepted it.

Oh, the shoes.  Tsk. Tsk.  What a waste of money.  Sherri is showing her "desperacy" again for a huzzbin and jobs now.  As a poster mentiioned above, the shoes will go out of style, as well as a NEW style will come in and surpass the old.  I shop thrift stores and see dozens of pointy toed shoes that Stacy and Clinton insisted lengthen the leg a few  seasons ago.  Also, there a tons of cute shoes that are comfortable to wear, and are classically in style for years. 

The horses-hooves that are in style now are incredibly unrealistic for most of us (over 16-30 years old).   I have rarely seen any real person wear them either.  But then, I don't go where those girls go, so maybe I'm wrong.  I wore heels for years for work (suits too).  Now I have plantar fascscitis and need a small heel for comfort. Can't wear flats--much to my dismay, cuz there are some cute ones out there. Live and learn. Still glad she's gone from my tv. 

• Love 3

Unless Sherri has some evidence of fraud that has not become public yet (for example evidence that Sal was consulting with divorce attorneys without her knowledge before they entered into the surrogacy contract) I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where she gets that contract nullified and dismissed, at least in California. I'm sure she's counting on New Jersey law to muddy the waters.

I think if they had separated after they had both taken custody of the child the question of whether Sherri is the child's mother would be moot even if all the paperwork wasn't finalized yet. It would be clear that she intended to be the legal parent of the child. I think it would be a bit more complicated perhaps, but it would still basically be a traditional child custody matter. I suppose she could still move to have her parental rights severed, but that would be even uglier than what she's trying to do now. Personally I think it's already crystal clear that she entered into that contract willingly with the full intent of being the legal parent of that child, but it will be interesting to see what the court says.

• Love 4