Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: Chasing Nay-Nay

• Start Topic

And I hate to defend Greg of all people, but he was married to the mother of his 5 children..  And based on his and Nene's wedding spinoff, he did have a relationship with them, even though they didn't care for Nene.  I would not put him in the irresponsible father pile. 

He was spending time in strip clubs and cheating on the mother of his 5 children with a stripper named Nene. I doubt he was devoting a whole lot of time to his kids. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

That was pretty much a snooze-a-thon. Even NayNay phoned in her, "You don't count fer nothin. Bye, Girl."

Always weird when Kenya is the voice of reason, telling Claudia this was not the time.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

Greg, shut your corny ass up. The reason you have time to "manage" everything is because you don't do a damned thing else. Who the hell do you think you are taking anybody to Sardi's, claiming it's so important to YOU *clasp chest* to pass it on? Did I miss your turn on Broadway? Your Oscar-winning performance? Your tour de force ... anywhere??  Like you're some great actor passing the torch to some ingenue. Although maybe you ARE an actor after all, you for sure were chewing up some scenery in that restaurant. That scene was so try hard it was ridiculous. I'm going to need you to just STOP because I have passed second hand embarrassment and am well into fourth & fifth hand. That whole french fry toast was so pathetic. Especially because I had to watch your gross wife chew her cud, mouth open.  Ugh. :::Shudder:::

Nene, have a seat. Nobody is putting your ass on the wall of Sardi's, stop it. And get the hell out of my city. Greg ain't "stayin" and you're not living like a "real" New Yorker on Fifth Avenue. I wish you were living like a "real" New Yorker, that would take your ass down a peg. This ain't Atlanta, baby. We got some REAL Nay-Nays here for you. But I think you understand. I'll keep my good eye out for you.

Nene: "I came all the way to Atlanta (2 hour flight) just to support Phaedra [and because I'm contractually obligated to show up for some things and picked this.]" She always trills such a fake "Hello!" all the time. She's always such a bitch, even in her "attempting" to be cordial you just smell ... bitch. For someone who is always trumpeting what a good place she's in, she doesn't seem to exude it. If it's not necessary to SAY you're having a good time, you should just have it, it's not necessary to SAY your life is so great, just live like it is. And you're not. But then, it's not about what a good life she's living anyway, it's just code for "I'm so fabulous and successful right now, but I won't say those words I'll just say this. But understand it has nothing to do with how changed or enlightened I am. I'm still the same petty, miserable bitch underneath." 

"Everytime I"m around it's always negative ... When you're right, you're right Nene.

As for the rest...

Cynthia - to hell with working on the accent, work on the ACTING! You need to be calling Leon up to make it happen.

Claudia: "I'm just trying to have a conversation."

Nene: "I'm not talking to you, so you're gonna have to back up."

Claudia: "I don't have to do anything, I'm trying to have a conversation" following right behind Nene continuing to talk.

I really wish Claudia hadn't brought it up though, not the time or place, but mostly, because it's not worth it. There is NEVER going to be any getting through to that girl, interrupted mentality. I appreciate that you're not afraid, I'm glad you're willing to go there with Nene when others aren't, but pick your moments, girl. Enjoy last week's victory, take that L on Nene, and keep it moving. For real.

Still ... somewhere, Dwight, Kim, Star Jones and Latoya Jackson were watching, eating popcorn and laughing their asses off.

YES to all that! Especially Greg. What is he smoking that he thinks he's passing on a "legacy" of Sardi's????

• Love 4
Riley was right when she told Kandi "too much cleavage" when Kandi was wearing that hot-assed mess of a dress.  Kandi looked like a straight-up hooker.  Please don't tell me the "stylist" picked that monstrosity out.  It's bad when a 13-year old has to tell you that your outfit is no bueno.

Right on! So sick of seeing all this cleavage. All these Housewives franchises do the same thing. Do you never think of your children? Your basic audience is women; whom are you trying to impress?

• Love 1

Nene was actually on Broadway from November 25-January 3rd.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/cinderella-to-close-on-broadway-real-housewives-star-nene-leakes-joins-cast-328591

Also, I don't really care what Nene has done before or most likely will do in the future, IMO walking out of Cynthia and Claudia's nonsense was the right call.  It looks like this might be my final season following any of this, because I'm not interested in seeing people so clearly forced to be around each other for filming, and my hatred of Kandi has grown to a disturbing level.  

Edited by Rina99
  • Love 4

Still don't like weaves, especially on children.  I don't think a weave is necessary, unless you're an actress playing a role, or if you have an illness that has ruined your hair, though in that case you'd probably wear a wig.

weaves or not, wigs or not is a personal preference.

• Love 1
weaves or not, wigs or not is a personal preference.

Seriously.  My mom has been sporting a wig since I have known her (when I was born in 1969)  I was oftentimes alarmed when she would show her real hair which was so very long and thick.

I guess I am just alarmed that so many are commenting on Noelle's weave but never commented on the weave on Riley.

Seriously.  My mom has been sporting a wig since I have known her (when I was born in 1969)  I was oftentimes alarmed when she would show her real hair which was so very long and thick.

I guess I am just alarmed that so many are commenting on Noelle's weave but never commented on the weave on Riley.

Riley's weave is inexcusable as well in my book. Kandi said Riley has a weave because she plays sports...like, really? Back in the day, you'd put your kids in braids and send them on their way to basketball practice. Weaves on children just grates my nerves. I know she's not my kid and neither is Noelle, but I've seen the damage weaves can do to a person's hairline and the resulting development of traction alopecia that I would never co-sign its use on a child. At least with a wig, one can remove them whenever and there's less stress placed on your scalp.

• Love 4

My take on this week's episode...

For starters, I have mostly checked out of this show this season because of all the forced drama and bs as well as the faked exoneration of people who definitely IMHO did not deserve it. Saying that, I have to admit I only checked in to less than half of the show. I will report on what I did see

Cynthia is DEFINITELY no actress.  She was just bad.  Bad getup, bad accent, bad acting.  Do I think this show will get anywhere on TV?  No.  This is just a ego boosting video for Kenya to at least pretend to live out her dream future of marriage and love.  Unfortunately, it is at the expense of all those people who signed on, thinking this was a legitimate venture.  None have gotten paid for their time on the set.

I watched Bar Rescue most of the time but did turn back just in time for the charity function.

I have no love for Clawdia as it stands because of how she stalked and went after Porsha from day one and I have even less respect for her now.  That whole attack on Nene was a blatant bully move to force Nene to react to her, especially.  Sorry, folks but there was absolutely no other way to handle Clawdia but for Nene to just leave and instantly defuse the argument.  Clawdia had no other agenda but to incite Nene to do something loud and/or violent so that they can bring her down.  Nene figured that going in and was not going to endanger her future by once again falling for the BS.  Cynthia cosigning and instigating was just sad. 

All the while they appeared to just forget why they were asked to come.  The fact that they totally disrespected the event planners and Phaedra with this was just mind boggling.  Nene was very correct in just leaving and thus making sure there were no disruptions of the event.  If Clawdia is trying to hold on to her peach, this was not the way to do it.

I honestly can't see why I should even bother watching this show anymore.  It is just argue-fight-fake apologize-repeat

• Love 4

Riley's weave is inexcusable as well in my book. Kandi said Riley has a weave because she plays sports...like, really?

If watching TV and playing video games is considered a sport, OK then.... but that girl isn't getting any exercise that I've ever seen.

• Love 5

If watching TV and playing video games is considered a sport, OK then.... but that girl isn't getting any exercise that I've ever seen.

Kandi has said that Riley does basketball and track. She posted a pic from Riley's track meet a few weeks ago on IG. I have no doubt she's an active kid - she probably just has a poor diet.

• Love 3

That's good to know, and I'm sorry that I didn't have that fact earlier. I don't think anyone in the house is too worried about what they are eating, from the times they've showed dinners. Bojangles chicken does not keep you svelte.

• Love 2

Nene was actually on Broadway from November 25-January 3rd.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/cinderella-to-close-on-broadway-real-housewives-star-nene-leakes-joins-cast-328591

Also, I don't really care what Nene has done before or most likely will do in the future, IMO walking out of Cynthia and Claudia's nonsense was the right call.  It looks like this might be my final season following any of this, because I'm not interested in seeing people so clearly forced to be around each other for filming, and my hatred of Kandi has grown to a disturbing level.  

This article said she joined Cinderella in the final month. 

I think Nene is a vile arrogant and self important. However Claudia had no right to confront her at the charity event and chase after Nene when she wanted to terminate an escalating conversion. I’m on Nene's side for this one.

• Love 6
I do think that part of Phaedra's message to the young men, was that despite their circumstances that can still achieve their goals.  it was a great messge and I'm glad she did it.

I agree. I only saw a peek at the men on her panel, but it looks like Judge Mathis and Dr. Greg Lunceford (from Married to Medicine) were part of it.

Was it actually "her" event, though?  Regardless of the storyline?  Because I could have sworn at one point a woman came up to talk to her and the identification chiron said she was the event organizer or something.  So I figured Phaedra just kicked in a donation, promised national air time for the event, and they made her the figurehead.  And nothing wrong with that, but I don't really think she put it together.  Except for the aprons.

• Love 1

I thought Nene was dealing just fine before Claudia's messy ass decided to stalk her into a conversation.

That's Nene's m.o.

Nene said it was really hot in there, not that it smelled.

What did Claudia want at that moment from NeNe? Did she want to have a conversation about the therapy session, right there while they served food?

Nene left because imo Claudia and Cynthia were not going to be happy no matter what she said. So why engage. What did Claudia want? I ask again because I don't understand her motives. She knows Nene does not like her, Nene is pissed because she feels they attacked at the therapy session.

Those saying that fighting or leaving are not the only choices, what is the other choice to stand there at this charity event and and get into a conversation about what?

Claudia wanted a confrontation and Cynthia the ass was standing there egging her on.

I said there were other options also - I even gave an example.

Claudia even went so far as to chase Nene to the door like she was a police officer chasing a thief.  Nene asked her to get out of her space and Claudia said she didn't have to which was wrong, wrong, wrong!

Yeah.

atl-20nvsd2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCWA-Jj22-o

Don't dish it if you can't take it.

• Love 6

So tired of the "I know you are, but what am I" defense for casting NeNe in the worst light possible. Almost all of these women have exhibited the EXACT same behaviors, but somehow, NeNe is the worst person on the planet? Yeah, NeNe invaded that shyster Dwight's personal space, just like Kenya invaded NeNe's personal space last season, pulling on her ear and chastising her for inviting Walter to her wedding. Just like Cynthia got all up in Kandi's personal space at the pajama party, which caused Kandi to talk about "dragging somebody up in this bitch". 

Claudia was all kind's of wrong for trying to goad NeNe into a fight and rather than react the way they wanted her to react by getting loud and arguing, she decided to leave before things escalated to that level and disrupted Phaedra's event. It must be nice to know how you would react in any situation at any given time, so much so that you can judge somebody else's reaction as wrong, just because they didn't handle it the way you would have handled it. If NeNe had stayed and engaged Claudia, by providing her with ANSWERS, they would have been the wrong answers and she would have been castigated for that! I would hazard a guess to say if NeNe approached Claudia or one of the other ladies in the same way, and that person left the scene, they would have been applauded for it.

Since Claudia and the other ladies are so much better than NeNe according to some, they should have taken the high road and not even engaged her. They should have just served up the food and kept it moving so as not to disrupt Phaedra's event. As much as I don't like Kenya, she was right to tell Claudia that her approach was all wrong and she needed to leave it alone.

Okay, I am going to bow out now, before I get accused of believing that NeNe can do no wrong!

• Love 11

NeNe should step back for a minute and remember what shape her oldest son's life is in right now. A couple of arrests, two kids out of wedlock, no stable job, etc. Does he even know his father?

I think NeNe is very aware of the mess that is her eldest son's life which is why she's keeping an extra eye on the younger one. 

• Love 2

imaflintstone, your opinion is as welcome here as anyone's. We're all allowed and encouraged to snark and voice our views. The only thing we don't allow is personal attacks on other posters, or their opinions. So please stay and don't be discouraged if your opinion differs from others.

That's what keeps the conversation interesting and if we all agreed, we'd be bored. Just like if the ladies on this show were all nice to each other, we'd probably not watch. Bravo encourages them to fight, I just keep making popcorn and cold iced tea. :)

• Love 4

I am not a NeNe fan, but Claudia was absolutely wrong for approaching NeNe the way she did and in the setting she did. She's the phoniest one on this show, IMO. She needs to focus less on getting NeNe to answer her and more on her jacked up feet.

I think NeNe is very aware of the mess that is her eldest son's life which is why she's keeping an extra eye on the younger one. 

I agree. And honestly, NeNe did the best job she could do with Bryson. He is over 18 at this point and a father at this point. He was accepted to college and pissed away the opportunity. He lacks drive and seems lazy - he's an adult and is the only one responsible for his current life.

• Love 3

In Clawdia's Bravo blog, she barefaced LIED about what happened at the Charity event.  She claims she did not provoke Nene that Nene went off on her for NO REASON and emplied that the remark we clearly saw Nene say only in her talking Heads about taking it to the streets was said to Clawdia directly at that time.  She claims that Nene turned it up on HER.  If you read the comments below the blog, NO one was fooled by this lie.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/blogs/claudia-jordan/claudia-nene-turned-up-not-me?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=552f738a04d301597a000001&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Talk about your revisionist historians

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

However, if you check the blogs of the others, it pretty much was just how we saw it.  Phaedra and Porsha basically said the same thing about hearing Claudia yelling.  Phaedra said that Nene just quietly told her that she was leaving and motioned Gregg (also that Peter ignored Gregg at the table) and Phaedra also said that she appreciated that Nene chose to leave rather than let the convo get any worse than it did.  Other commenters stated that Phaedra should have asked Claudia to leave since Nene flew in to give her support.

Phaedra wasn't in the kitchen when the conversation took place. Neither was Porsha, for most of the time. Again, I don't believe everything the editors feed us on Sunday nights. :)

I am not disagreeing that Claudia was in the wrong, but so was NeNe, they were equally guilty of letting that get out of hand. If NeNe would just learn to take the friendly approach and be so sweet and kind it takes the other person off their game.

• Love 3

Why the heck is NeNe on this show still? Well, obviously she is still thirsty enough to want the exposure AND the pay check... But she tries to convey to all of us (the viewers and her co stars) that she doesn't want to be there. She doesn't want to interact with them, which also must mean she doesn't want to interact as a Housewife with us the viewers anymore. Well just EFF off NeNe! We the viewers don't appreciate you biting the hand that feeds you. We the viewers have helped you get where you are now. Be a bit more gracious and grateful.

I would be very happy for her to take her airs and graces and her Louboutins (not a fan of her wearing her fancy shoes to a charity function) off my screen.

Edit: I love Louboutins and own a couple of pairs so I don't mean to discredit the brand! However: there is a time and a place.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 2