Type keyword(s) to search

The "Suggest Activities for Dave's Retirement" Topic

Star in Odd Couple on Broadway with Leno.

If there was even a hint that Letterman will ever willingly appear in front of a camera or on a stage again, that would certainly be the way to go!

On his part we know that Leno is just dying being in retirement.

• Love 1
(edited)

Before he saddles up for Montana I'd love to see Dave have a small, but memorable role as a really dark son-of-a-bitch in a Scorsese film.  No Cabin Boy sock monkey cameo, but a softly spoken pure evil crime boss or something who was responsible for all the crap that went down in the story but isn't seen until the last reel.  One of those deals where the main character finally meets the person who been wrecking his life.  The wood paneled office door creaks open, cigar smoke wafts from behind a red leather office chair which slowly spins around to reveal Dave wearing a $5000 suit and the same expression on his face as the photo of him running without his track shoes in St. Bart's they showed a few weeks ago.  Then Dave just snarls out the filthiest two or three lines ever captured on film. Jump cut to some poor bastard getting eviscerated on Dave's orders.  Boom. In... Out... Holy crap what did I just see???? 

Edited by kib
  • Love 2

I would think that he will spend a lot more time in Montana, but I'd expect them to keep Harry in his current school and in East Coast schools during the school year.  Amy Sedaris certainly had plans for Dave in retirement -- I'd like to think she will get to see him but he seems so reclusive that I suspect not many will be spending time with him.  And I get that. 

(edited)

Star in Odd Couple on Broadway with Leno.

Close. Turns out its The Sunshine Boys.  (per 5/6 monolog).

Edited by GaryE

I see more TV producing. But I love the idea of Dave more off the rails with a podcast similar to Comedians in Cars (too bad Jerry got there first).

But, yeah, I know it's time, but what's another decade behind the desk? I'm not ready for tonight. I may not watch Wednesday.

(edited)

I just knew the last musical guest would have to be Foo Fighters, fighting foo everywhere.  

Well when Dave isn't helping run Just Shades, he can help out with that fighting of the foo.  He's kind of an assistant foo fighter already.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

All the humorous ones, and nobody actually suggested "Race Car Team Sponsor".  Which I guess if you really do it is NOT humor.

But there must be other RELATED activities we can suggest branching off of that.  Maybe Dave can work in the Pit during a race, for example!

Cry.

Oh, you mean activities for Dave?

Sorry, cheap joke, I know. But it's been stuck in my head since before he retired, and it hasn't gone away, yet. There are definitely still days when I long for my dose of Letterman, and Paul!, at the end of the night. Even though I'm learning to enjoy Colbert.

• Love 1