Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Megan, Jacqueline, Kat, and holly are a couple faves of mine who I think are all safe.

I love Simone too, but I'm not sure about her fate because of her injury. I also think she looks too much like DCC Jessica

Megan, Jacqueline, Kat, and holly are a couple faves of mine who I think are all safe.

I love Simone too, but I'm not sure about her fate because of her injury. I also think she looks too much like DCC Jessica

OK, i think I know which one Simone is.  Jacqueline I have no clue. Megan made SG right? I need to go look at that pic on ultimate cheerleaders again LOL

links if anyone is interested!

Simone: http://instagram.com/simonecollett

Jaclyn*: http://instagram.com/jaxxxiiee

Megan: http://instagram.com/meg_carcioppolo

Every time I look at Simone I think of Jessica, the resemblance is uncanny

thanks!  and yeah, she does look a lot like Jessica Marie! not a bad thing :) 

Was watching some of the finalists fan vote videos. This one is bad; did she make TC?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-ashley-w-94

if she did then heck, i'm trying out next year!! 

• Love 1

I was surprised Courtney made it into TC, cause I didn't think she (initially) looked very DCC. But that latest pictures I've seen of her, I think she looks more polished and DCC-like. Maybe she'll make it onto the squad.

• Love 1

I also like Courtney in terms of look and personality. I actually think she's a very pretty girl and I'm sure DCC can give her the polishing she needs. I don't know enough about her dance to judge her there. All I've seen was her fan vote video, which was kind of messy, but most of those videos were messy so I take that with a grain of salt.

• Love 2

If the squad photo is next Friday, I have two questions: 1) When will training camp officially end? and 2) What nights this coming week can we expect to be cut night? Any of them or are there typically only certain nights that cuts happen?

Meg C is my fave so far! Does anyone know if that former Dallas Mavs dancer is still in TC???

That would be Chantal and yes she still is!

If the squad photo is next Friday, I have two questions: 1) When will training camp officially end? and 2) What nights this coming week can we expect to be cut night? Any of them or are there typically only certain nights that cuts happen?

I'm guessing it would end on Thursday then! And all we know is usually cut nights are film nights for CMT. If they have four days left of TC...perhaps only two of them are film nights?

• Love 1

That would be Chantal and yes she still is!

I'm guessing it would end on Thursday then! And all we know is usually cut nights are film nights for CMT. If they have four days left of TC...perhaps only two of them are film nights?

They very possibly could cram in a rehearsal/announcement on Friday before Squad Photo if they're really on the fence about people but who knows....Anybody heard what TIME the Squad Photo is scheduled for?

They very possibly could cram in a rehearsal/announcement on Friday before Squad Photo if they're really on the fence about people but who knows....Anybody heard what TIME the Squad Photo is scheduled for?

Their practices are always later in the evening so probably the same for the picture!

They've waited until the moment OF the photo to announce the squad, so anything is possible.

I just finished watching season 5 and that is my LEAST favorite squad announcement, when they have everyone arrive for squad photo and put them in hair/makeup/UNIFORM...*then* make final decision. whut?? like they would have potentially turned to Steph or Nicole and been like, yeahhhh....we're not seeing it. Sorry, bye.  I can't see them even being that cruel lol  My favorite was the season where she said "here is a list of people I need to see in my office tonight..." and it was blank.  That one was cute.

• Love 3

Too bad about Shelbi...I thought she was gorgeous but perhaps not a mature enough performer.

Not surprised at all that Holly M made show group!!! woot!

It doesn't look like Angela made SG either?

This makes me wonder if Danielle, or Angela even tried out. They are the only two group leaders that are not on SG. Surely, if they are good enough to be GL they are good enough for SG. I have noticed that Angela seems to limit her activities as much as possible, she does not even attend the swimsuit calendar shoot anymore.

I'm hoping the team is announced tonight. Maybe it's such a great group that 40 women is what she'll go with. That can equally be divided by 4 groups, although I guess that doesn't always matter. I always wonder how someone can go this far and not make it. Kelli and Judy should know by now.

• Love 1

Everyone seriously needs to leave the poor girl alone. None of us know her personally. So in the past she was involved with an organization that doesn't portray themselves modestly..ok. Maybe she made the decision to change some things around and join an organization that she can be proud of. None of us know the real reason. Obviously K and J are keeping her around for a reason and if Traxxas or whatever it's called was an inherent issue she would be gone

And talking about your opinion that you don't think she should make the squad is one thing...but when it crosses the line into hateful comments that could truly ruin her confident if she saw some of the comments on here.

We all have our opinions and that's fine but let's not rip her apart. She's obviously trying her best:)

I agree. IMO, the DCC uniform can be seen to some as "trashy"........

• Love 2

This makes me wonder if Danielle, or Angela even tried out. They are the only two group leaders that are not on SG. Surely, if they are good enough to be GL they are good enough for SG. I have noticed that Angela seems to limit her activities as much as possible, she does not even attend the swimsuit calendar shoot anymore.

True...I think they probably asked Angela to come back for one more year too as a favor.  Maybe they felt they needed one other 5 year to set the example, experience, etc. with so many vets retiring after last season. Angela strikes me as the type who probably wants to start a family soon.  I'll miss her though when that time comes!!

I'm hoping the team is announced tonight. Maybe it's such a great group that 40 women is what she'll go with. That can equally be divided by 4 groups, although I guess that doesn't always matter. I always wonder how someone can go this far and not make it. Kelli and Judy should know by now.

Seriously!! That would just be the worst to be like four days away and get cut.  But they have been on the line with people till the very end before so who knows. 

Taylor seems to have a lot of haters! There is obviously something we don't know about that is causing people she has crossed paths with to try to ensure that she is cut from the team.

However, I always root for an underdog too!

Did she get cut? She posted this cryptic message on instagram.

• Love 1

I think the DCC uniform accentuates certain parts of the female body.

That's why I think it's a little hypocritical when Kelli and Charlotte harp on about how DCC are "amabassadors" and have to be intelligent and well spoken.

When they get a glimpse of the DCC uniform, most fans are not really listening to what the DCCs are saying.... Just saying.

I agree. IMO, the DCC uniform can be seen to some as "trashy"........

• Love 1

True...I think they probably asked Angela to come back for one more year too as a favor. Maybe they felt they needed one other 5 year to set the example, experience, etc. with so many vets retiring after last season. Angela strikes me as the type who probably wants to start a family soon. I'll miss her though when that time comes!!

Seriously!! That would just be the worst to be like four days away and get cut. But they have been on the line with people till the very end before so who knows.

They cut Alyssa and Johanna minutes before the team was announced in season 3. Anything is possible. Just shows that K&J really like them and are giving them every possible chance to prove they can do it.

They cut Kaime hours before the squad was announced.

• Love 1

I think you may be giving Kelli and Judy to much credit there.

By now, I think both Kelli and Judy can already tell which ladies can and can't make the team. If not by the 2nd week of TC, then certainly by the 4th week. Any cuts made to the TC roster after that point in time are purely for the sake of entertainment. Let's not forget that DCC: MTT is first and foremost a TV show that exists only if it has sufficient interest and resulting ratings.

They cut Alyssa and Johanna minutes before the team was announced in season 3. Anything is possible. Just shows that K&J really like them and are giving them every possible chance to prove they can do it.

They cut Kaime hours before the squad was announced.

Taylor seems to have a lot of haters! There is obviously something we don't know about that is causing people she has crossed paths with to try to ensure that she is cut from the team.

However, I always root for an underdog too!

Did she get cut? She posted this cryptic message on instagram.

What did it say?

While I do think they can name a team 2 weeks into TC, I don't think the delay is all about the drama for the show. I think Kelly has shown enough genuine emotion about some of the late cuts ( Kalli F., Clarissa, Alexandra....and even Alex H in season 6) that there is a hope that with enough practice, they would get there. Without the time to see the girls' dedication, commitment, and passion through group leaders' comments, work ethic, and their appearance with the cameos, I think several of our favorites (like Mackenzie Lee or Ashley S-7) may have been lost early on. Then there are those like Morgan and Breelin that they just took a chance on but didn't bring back. On the flip side, Vivian would have probably made it on the squad if they didn't go on as long on S9.

Agreed, English Teacher. Yes, ratings for DCC:MTT are a consideration, and yes, Kelli & Judy probably have a fairly good rough idea of who will make the squad early on. But I also think they realize some dancers just don't pick up the DCC style as easily as others,. So some who may have been cut early on are given time to learn and adapt the DCC style. I also believe there are girls whose personality, maturity, charm and sophistication etc. make them desirable as team members (Rachel Buckmaster, Alexandra, others). so Kelli & Judy want to give them as much time as possible to learn the dances, style and routines before axing them.

This is a final warning to all those accusing fellow members of grand cheerleader conspiracies that:

1. Wut? LOL. C'mon.
  2. If you can't be civil about that (or really anything else), your posting privileges will ask that I give them an S then a U, S-P-E-N-S-I-O-N. What's that spell? Getting booted.
  • Love 9

The reason I don't think they keep people around for drama is the second time Kathryn Dunn was on the show.  I just knew they'd keep her around to the very end given how dramatic she was yet they cut her pretty quick.  

Megan made SG right?

This confuses me a little.  I know from watching MTT that rookie candidates make SG but are told that doesn't automatically mean they're on the squad.  What would they do if one of them did subsequently get cut?  Is there an alternate that would take her place, or would SG just be down one member?

They say that, but I think if you're a rookie and you make SG, then you're in!  After all, they beat out veterans to get SG.  The only thing at that point that could get them cut are probably things that would get any DCC cut, be it rookie or veteran.

(edited)

They say that, but I think if you're a rookie and you make SG, then you're in!

I agree. I think if a TCC makes show group, it's rather a given that they'll be on the squad. I mean, there are Vets who try out year after year and don't make it. K/J say they're not on the Squad yet so the girls don't get cocky, but I think they've pretty much made it.

And I didn't think Angela tried out for SG last year either. Isn't being in SG optional? I remember one season where K/J said it was mandatory that everyone to audition for SG, either for dancing or singing. But I think now a Vet can opt-out if their job or something prohibits they're traveling extensively, right?

Edited by Kaedee
(edited)

I agree. I think if a TCC makes show group, it's rather a given that they'll be on the squad. I mean, there are Vets who try out year after year and don't make it. K/J say they're not on the Squad yet so the girls don't get cocky, but I think they've pretty much made it.

And I didn't think Angela tried out for SG last year either. Isn't being in SG optional? I remember one season where K/J said it was mandatory that everyone to audition for SG, either for dancing or singing. But I think now a Vet can opt-out if their job or something prohibits they're traveling extensively, right?

I don't remember Kelli saying it was required. Do you know what season that was?

They always say that a rookie making SG isn't an automatic ticket onto the squad, but I don't think they've ever cut any of the rookie SG members since they've been making the show. I think they don't pick girls who are possible cuts, like Liz Reuter or Victoria from one of the earlier seasons with their weight warnings. They were both great technical dancers and I think would have been picked for SG/made the squad if not for their weight issues.

Edited by Oranaiche

Wasn't it Carissa in S-7 that didn't try out for SG because of financial issues at home? It didn't hurt her chances of making the squad as a rookie. Unless someone here has inside knowledge, I don't think SG auditions are required...it is considered an honor and is a heavier time commitment than the squad.

• Love 1

Brooke Sorenson made SG her rookie season, and she was forever getting warned about her weight during training camp. I don't know if they would have cut her, though... they seemed to love her so much!

True, I forgot about Brooke, but I also don't think they would have cut her, haha. She was too great.

• Love 1

I always figured one of the reasons they don't show much about SG auditions on the show is that, once we saw the rookies who made it, we'd essentially know they had already made the team.  Even so, there's always some girls who obviously are going to make it!  Erica and Melissa were shoo-ins last year, and I figured Holly and Megan C. were shoo-ins this year given that they both won Barbies.

• Love 2
(edited)

Brooke Sorenson made SG her rookie season, and she was forever getting warned about her weight during training camp.  I don't know if they would have cut her, though... they seemed to love her so much!

Was Kandi Harris on SG? She and Brooke both had weight issues in TC.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

All good points. Still, DCC:MTT is a TV show and as such, I wouldn't put it past Kelli (an executive producer of the show no less) to pull out all the stops to bring in the viewers and keep the ratings afloat.

In some of the earlier seasons, you can easily see that Judy doesn't think a TCC will make it on just the dancing ability (or lack thereof) alone only to fall silent to Kelli's wishes (and possibly ulterior motives) to keep the TCC on the show for a bit longer

Even tryouts are for drama's sake. Anyone who can't do a split or has weight issues should not be allowed to try out, let alone advance to finals, and TC (unless there are hiring compliance reasons involved).

Came across this post Emily Hatch wrote for some blog...really doesn't say much about her actual experience with DCC TC (she was cut pretty early, I think?) but she seems like a sweet girl and super pretty.

http://nobellagrace.blogspot.com/2015/05/have-courage-and-follow-your-dreams.html

Edited by omega4