Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I believe they have started training camp earlier in some of the years as I remember Kelli talking about having a Monday off due to a holiday which I assume would be Memorial Day as by Labor Day the team has already been set.

Wow, that does show it really well!

Yeah, with Chantal being BFF with so many rockstar girls on the team, I will be super disappointed in her if she doesn't know at least Thunderstruck! If I were here, I'd be forcing Angela to practice it with me every day!!

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure if the TCC girls think logically that they have looked up the videos and learnt at least some of the dance. Or at least learnt the DCC style of dance from watching videos. So many go into TC not having a clue how to dance in their style, which doesn't make sense as there are more than enough videos on the Internet. They have plenty of time before TC to try and learn.

• Love 1

Especially girls who have dreamt about it for so long , Kalli Nicole is one fave dcc till his day but i never understood how did not work on her kicks. she's beautiful and amazing dancer that was the only reason she didn't make it to training camp the two times she auditioned before making the team was her kicks , Kelli finglass straight told her that !!

• Love 1

TCC Kaleigh has posted on Instagram how hard she's been working on her kicks and the kick line. She looks incredible, her kicks look amazing already. It's good to see a TCC is working hard before TC starts.

https://instagram.com/p/24Pr5Mo0TA/

Kaleigh seems to be a for sure girl right now...I'll be shocked if she doesn't end up making it!! She looks like she has the DCC dance style down pretty well, she looks awesome and THOSE KICKS.  She is really working hard and I think they would benefit from her maturity as well.  #teamkaleigh ! 

• Love 2

Kaleigh is a yoga instructor right? She is supposed to be super flexible. I would be shocked if her kicks were low given her profession. I do think that whole crew looks older (30s) not that being 30 is a bad thing but there is a stark difference between 18 yr old Holly and say Colby. Of the three (Kat, Colby, Kaleigh) Kaleigh is by far the stand out. However, I am interested in seeing Kat post make over.

Instead of teaching stanky leg, Ms. Keys should be taking her girls aside and teaching them Thunderstruck just sayin' ...

• Love 2

The week before auditions Michelle Keys taught a pom routine instead of a hip hop routine , i thought some of it  on Taylor Nicole instgram , the dance had some DCC moves I thought that was on purpose

I don't think she has the right to teach thunder struck

LOL, I dont mean as an official prep class but on the side. I'm sure Chantal is getting some side help from Loren, Angela, etc. Friends help each other out. Tessa was getting help from Jessica Marie, Makenzi Swicegood and Sarah Gourley helped their friends too. 

• Love 1

By the time I clicked on Karen's links y'all posted earlier, her stuff already was blocked, but I had to LOL that she Tweeted Kelli to ask for something so mundane--or anything, really.  Not a good way to convince K & J that you can be trusted on appearances!  Do I recall correctly that she was the girl from Mexico?  I hate that one of few TCCs of color is stepping out on such shaky ground.  What I could see shows someone very young, and seemingly immature.  As we say down South, bless her heart.

I think Colby looks too skinny and too shredded.  Don't get me wrong--she's in absolutely amazing shape.  But I find everything about her too...hard, I guess.  I think her face would be prettier if she gained even 3 pounds, and she'd likely look a little younger too.  It's the SJP effect.  I'm definitely intrigued by some of the girls in TC--thanks to all for posting links to Instagram vids etc!--and look forward to seeing them on MTT.  Of course, I won't be able to wait that long to find out who made the team...

• Love 1

I think Kat is a shoe in. She's so cute and fit, but I think she needs to rock a middle-part. It would definitely compliment her face more; hopefully they give her one during makeovers. Her side part is giving me a little too much forehead (not to be mean) she's still gorgeous!

Talk about preparing yourself for DCC training camp. Colby is in beast mode!

https://instagram.com/p/2zCfMhLltY/?taken-by=colbyhanks

I had to LOL at Colby's video... She's channelling her inner Dez Bryant haha

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/dez-bryant-posts-workout-video-to-remind-everyone-that-he-is-a-freak

TCC Shelbi just posted a video on Instagram of some of the dance she did for her solo audition.

https://instagram.com/p/26P9KWuMpI/

her choreography is classic high school Cheer choreo. Not a fan

Tessa was getting help?? Yikes... I mean, I think she was cute as a button, super sweet personality and had a nice spark but she didn't even make it back to training camp the next year after her injury.  Did Jessica not advise her on kicks or flexibility??

I agree with the poster who said Colby is a little TOO shredded.  I know, I know...too 'thick,' too thin, these girls can't win but I agree Colby just looks so angular! But then again, Ashley Nicole is on the team and is almost a skeleton so that probably won't harm her...more her dancing, though I think she's been improving! I like Colby, I hope she makes it ...I do think Kaleigh and Kat have a better chance though.  I'll be interested too see how Kaleigh photographs in cameos.  I think she is beautiful in her videos but in some of the professional pics on her site is where I think she looks older.

REALLY hoping Taylor makes it this year.  She has definitely put everything out there!

• Love 2

I don't think Ashley looks any different from when she first tried out. I have the exact same frame as her and eat junk food every day, and can't seem to gain a pound. Some people can't help but be naturally skinny.

I also don't think Colby's stomach looks that different Morgan's (during her first audition). She has a smaller frame than Morgan, but both were equally cut in the abdominal area.

I agree with the poster above and think Kat would look amazing with a middle part! She's one of my favorite TCC's so far.

Taylor still hasn't won be over yet, she reminds me of Vivian lol

I don't think Ashley looks any different from when she first tried out. I have the exact same frame as her and eat junk food every day, and can't seem to gain a pound. Some people can't help but be naturally skinny.

Wanna switch? I can definitely gain LOL.

• Love 3

Tessa was getting help?? Yikes... I mean, I think she was cute as a button, super sweet personality and had a nice spark but she didn't even make it back to training camp the next year after her injury.  Did Jessica not advise her on kicks or flexibility??

I agree with the poster who said Colby is a little TOO shredded.  I know, I know...too 'thick,' too thin, these girls can't win but I agree Colby just looks so angular! 

1. I think Tessa was her own worst enemy. She's like Christina, tried out 7,000 times and just couldn't get it. I guess she just couldn't be taught.

2. Colby is shredded (to me) in a desperate "I'm trying to maintain my youth and look hot and hopefully nobody notices how old I look in the face" kind of way. She may have the "body," but I'm just not convinced and I don't think she will go that far. She has to prove me wrong because right now I'm just not sold.

• Love 1

1. I think Tessa was her own worst enemy. She's like Christina, tried out 7,000 times and just couldn't get it. I guess she just couldn't be taught.

2. Colby is shredded (to me) in a desperate "I'm trying to maintain my youth and look hot and hopefully nobody notices how old I look in the face" kind of way. She may have the "body," but I'm just not convinced and I don't think she will go that far. She has to prove me wrong because right now I'm just not sold.

Tessa was a Colts cheerleader for 5 years (I think) so she couldn't have been that bad. They might not have done a kick line so it probably was new to her.

Not a fan of Colby cheese either.

Did you guys see on TCC candidate Holly's Instagram page where she says she tried out for the New Orleans Saints cheerleaders last year? She was home schooled for her je and sr year so she could focus on dance. She is a bit obsessive about her dance but wants to be a cheerleader?

Did she try out or just teach herself the routine watching it live on TV??  I was thinking the latter but I could totally have read it wrong.  I fell down the rabbit hole of her dance videos tonight and just...holy wow.  She is like, Erica/Melissa level of rockstar dancer.  She can do almost any style, a million perfect turns, incredible extensions...I bet we won't see any of her at camp since she is solid lol  I wish we could see her solo!! 

And sorry, I realize some girls are naturally skinny but Ashley Nicole just looks thinner to me this year.  Maybe it's just her face maturing...I just feel like she is almost disappearing.  I still think she is beautiful though and a great dancer. 

• Love 3

I wonder about the Jasmine/Danielle dynamic since when Danielle was cut, she made the team anyway. Wonder how they both feel about it?

I wondered this too. When Danielle was going to be cut, Kelli and Charlotte changed their minds mid-TC-invitations and brought her back. But I truly think Danielle and Jasmine will be fine. They've known one another for so many years, been friends for so long. I would hate to think something like this would split them apart. I truly think they're too solid for this to come between them.

• Love 1

You got to wonder that with the exposure from MTT, show group attracts girls who are very technical dancers to being a DCC. But this past year show group only got to dance dance at the friends and family event, correct? But to get to go in the big trips you have to be a technical dancer to make show group. Sort odd to me cause they just seem do lots of meet and greets...which doesn't require dance skills. Anyway,,,just odd to me.

Tessa reminds me of Kali NIcole - beautiful, can dance, great personality.... but the kicks are just something that doesn't come naturally.  And for some girls, you can stretch 24/7 and it just isn't going to happen.

(edited)

The last two people who won fan vote got in to training camp any way without the fan vote , i don't think Colby did , it will an interesting storyline it that's the case 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3

You got to wonder that with the exposure from MTT, show group attracts girls who are very technical dancers to being a DCC. But this past year show group only got to dance dance at the friends and family event, correct? But to get to go in the big trips you have to be a technical dancer to make show group. Sort odd to me cause they just seem do lots of meet and greets...which doesn't require dance skills. Anyway,,,just odd to me.

THIS.  I think we see rockstars like Holly Marie trying out for DCC because at her age...why not? I can't blame her for wanting to have an experience for a few years that lets her perform and do/see some amazing things she would probably not get to otherwise.  Especially with show group!  I don't follow SG too much though...are they not traveling as much?

They travel but dont really perform show group specific routines at least on the last two big trips. In London it was the normal stuff and they hosted cheer clinics on the most recent USO tour.

I guess travel is the real perk not the routines.

The last two people who won fan vote got in to training camp any way without the fan vote , i don't think Colby did , it will an interesting storyline it that's the case

I thought the same thing about Colby, but they might surprise us and say she did make it on her own. To be fair so many of those fan vote videos were horrid, and Colby's videos on her Instagram aren't quite as bad. Maybe since her solo was rehearsed she did a little better? Either way, if they do end up telling her she didn't make it without the fan vote, I can kind of see that being a soul crusher, so it would be a bit counterproductive. We shall see!

I was also wondering about Colby? Will they tell her if she didn't make it in without the fan vote?

Especially if  she does badly (can't learn dances, bad kicks, etc) in TC. Kelli will probably throw the guilt trip on her like she did with Danielle and told her to bust ass.

It seems like every year (so far) the FV winner has an issue. Vivian had the weight/heavy legs issue. Did Loren have any problems besides her not liking her hair color at first?

(edited)

IIRC, Loren was a 'stomper.'  Like, her style was more aggressive than DCC.  Wasn't she an NBA dancer or something? That's the only thing I can think of.

Loren was Mavs dancer for the 2008-09 season. The same squad with cut DCC vets Carmen B, Leah M, Michelle M, and cut TCCs  Leah P,  Katie S, finalist Alex B. and future DCC Kali.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

A few pages ago there was some discussion about why didn't or did Tina Kalina's daughter Victoria try out for DCC this year. We were not sure of her age etc. Well the link below is a picture of Samantha Finglass and Victoria. Sam is referring to her as her "little sis". Sam is going to be a senior next school year, so we have a bit of a longer wait for Victoria to try out for the DCC.

https://twitter.com/samfinglass