Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Rogue Time

• Start Topic

Media and entertainment  type jobs have lax dress codes.

Then, it's how you wear everything as well. I work in an office and I've worn over the knee boots to work; no one bats an eye.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, they did cover the knee.

Cisco doesn't bother me (from a professional standpoint) because his office is hanging out with wells and Caitlin. Although Caitlin dresses up for some reason.

I have one friend who works in a lab, a few years older than Cisco, and she wears jeans and t-shirts to work, so while Cisco doesn't look particularly mature, it doesn't seem that odd, especially since he only works with Caitlin and Wells (who doesn't particularly dress up either).

Cisco only works with Wells/Caitlin now, but he didn't dress much better when Star Labs was a billion-dollar research facility. It also depends on the company culture. When Hartley was walking Cisco around, you could see the other scientists wearing ties and slacks under their lab coats, so it doesn't seem like they were a jeans and tees kind of work place.

Media and entertainment  type jobs have lax dress codes. 

Then, it's how you wear everything as well. I work in an office and I've worn over the knee boots to work; no one bats an eye.

I agree. Besides, it's not like Linda dresses much more conservatively, so it seems like the dress code isn't office professional there. My office isn't strict and I could wear those to work. However, I would get the side eye if I showed up in a Han Shot First tee, a hoodie, and skater shoes.

Edited by cynic

They really were. I'm not sure how to post a picture but just google it and look.

oh woops I thought you meant above, not covering her knee. But yeah, hooker boots are thigh high, Iris' boots were knee-high and fashionable as heck right now.

So far, so predictable. I didn't need to watch that episode to know what happened, although I'm glad Barry is suspicious of Wells now.

But I'm sorry, the science is giving me a headache. Now apparently Barry ran so fast he "created a wormhole". On the one hand, I'm happy they're no longer claiming he ran faster than light because OMFG the stupid. And the general wormhole explanation is time honoured for time travel without the necessity of, you know, brekaing the current known laws of physics. But how does running really fast create a wormhole? And how is that wormhole influenced by his feelings and hormone levels at the time? Please, someone, if you're not going to do actual science then stop pretending to be science fiction. I would honestly prefer they just made the whole thing supernatural. Barry created a wormhole because of !MAGIC! I can handle better than sciency gobbledygook.

I liked this episode a lot.   At first I worried it might disappoint, coming on the heels of the breathless "Out of Time," but it found its stride and kept paying off to the end.

Captain Cold's moron brother is useless; a team of Snart and Sister would be much more fun.   Good on the Cold actor for making me like a villain for once.

Dr. Wells is an odd character.   He says all the right good-guy things, the things you want and need to hear to pick yourself up and keep going ... but he's a murderer.

My only quibble: Cisco engineered guns that later killed people (the gold-plated guy) and no one called him on it.

Mason uses a DESKTOP COMPUTER!!!!  That might actually be the least plausible thing in this entire episode. Outside of techie scenes (say, at Star Labs), I can't remember the last time anyone on TV used one.

It's a print newspaper; no money for upgrading to sleek laptops (and no Microsoft product-placement sponsorship either, apparently).  They're lucky they aren't using the mainframe terminals from Lou Grant.  (And at my office, we have a lot of people who use desktops; the company offers both and it's a matter of personal preference.)  Not to mention, I personally find real keyboards much easier to work on, and even in TV offices that are all laptops, how often do you see docking stations?

Oh, and going back to the "Out of Time" thread:

My gut feeling, and this is pure (unspoiled) speculation, is that Barry will go to the newspaper office early, get Iris and tell her the secret... but it will be before she's really had time to get in touch with her feelings, hence premature, and she'll just get angry with him and prolong the not-being-together portion of our program. The flip side will be that since she's with Barry she won't have that discussion with Mason, so she won't start asking Cisco questions that lead him to the fatal confrontation with Wells.

What happens then is anyone's guess.

I'm going to put it down to predictable writing, in places, rather than my miraculous powers of precognition. And I certainly didn't call Mason getting killed. :)

• Love 2

The oddness of Linda's "you should ache for me" has been noted already, but on re-watch, it looks like there might have been more dialogue that was cut. A slighter longer scene might have helped.