Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Weight Of The World

Toi and Rouvaun journey to Los Angeles, where Toi visits a lingerie boutique to spice things up. Meanwhile, Laura tries to put Kirk on a diet plan; Erik and Nadine learn about one another's irritating habits; and Laura enjoys being a freelance writer, yet financial problems plague her relationship.

Toi needs to update her makeup. It's not 1994.,there no excuse for a woman of color to have ashy looking foundation.

There,I got that off my chest.

Her friend sitting next to in the LA get together, looked like the actress who played Monica on Girlfriends.

Nadine is something else. I don't think Erik and her are going to last that long. You can see it in his eyes thinking, "What did I get myself into?"

• Love 3

Am just getting to watch. 

Kirk and his weight issues. My hubs and I deal with something similar. I'm not fit like Laura but I also don't find my husband as attractive when he gains too much weight and would want his honesty with me if I gained too much, though he's too sweet to ever say anything. I'm helping him lose some, though again, nowhere near as much as Kirk needs to lose (my husband only needs to lose 10-15, not 40+ like Kirk). 

Nadine and her brow beaten husband are hard to watch. I understand being annoyed by snoring, my husband snored awfully for years (worse as the weight came) but now he has one of those CPAP things for sleep apnea. Nadine insisting that their bed follow her rules is just over the top. I really wonder if Erik is simply one of those guys who can't stand being alone and thought that super cute (yet highly annoying) Nadine would make his loneliness disappear. I see him being super lonely even with her right next to him. It's sad.

Bravo must pay Trashy Lingerie (the store Toi was shopping in) a nice fee. They've been featured in a few different Bravo series in the last couple of years. They were in an episode of RH last season (or season before, can't remember) and then another show that I can't remember the name of. ETA: Toi definitely reminds me of Kenya Moore, from her hand gestures and speaking to her talking heads.

Nothing yet to say about Sam and Laura as their only scene so far was in the bookstore talking about Laura's dream book cover and pages.

Edited by KarmaG
  • Love 1

Ok doing the math the way it was stated during the dinner conversation about when to make a baby, Kirk met Laura while still with the mother of his children. Now, whether they started their romantic relationship while he was still with her we don't know but that totally explains, at least to me, the vibe of "he married his mistress".

• Love 3

Kirk is that apple that didn't fall far from the tree.  His dad is totally skeevy and tries waaaay too hard to be young and hip.  His toupee is one of the worst I have seen and I get a good laugh when I see a fat old man in a sports car.  I'm in my 40's and yep things change but I think folks are happier when they just accept that we won't look the same at 40, 50, 60 etc, as we did in our 20's.  There is something to be said about aging gracefully.  Oh and Kirk DON'T even start on your wife's weight.  She has a looooong way to go to catch up with you.

BTW, did they not talk about the kid thing BEFORE they got engaged???

• Love 3

I was a bit brain muddled from watching The Real Housewives of Bev. Hills when I watched this show last night so I missed some of it.

Is Toi still working? She says she's a celebrity P.R. But moved to a small town. She reminds me of Omarosa in looks. I like the relationship she has with her husband.

I think both Nadine and Erik are equally anal retentive. They should have lived together first. Maybe they would have worked out all their peculiarities before getting married.

Kirk seems A bit selfish to me. He and Laura were together for four and a half years and never had a conversation about having a baby? I guess I don't understand why a couple wouldn't talk about something that important before even getting engaged.

They didn't show much of the fourth couple except their honeymoon trip looked awesome.

Edited by Straycat80

There is something not right with Nadine. I don't know what, yet. But she seems very cold to me.

Agreed! What newlywed wants to move into a separate room??

He seems like he puts her wants before his own time and again. That shit's gonna get really old really soon.

Edited by Suck It Trebek
  • Love 3

Nadine and Erik DO look like they could be brother and sister! Also, am I hallucinating, because I could have sworn when we were introduced to the couples in the first episode, Erik said he had been married once before and had a daughter. I thought there was even a picture of him with said daughter (she's 6-ish, maybe?) but we haven't seen or heard of her since. Am I mixing him up with someone else?

And interesting to note that Laura and Kirk may have first hooked up when he was married!

Nadine and Erik:  There is usually a reason why most couples don't rush into marriage and actually get to know each other first.  I think Erik is realizing this in a hurry.

• Love 1

Kirk is that apple that didn't fall far from the tree.  His dad is totally skeevy and tries waaaay too hard to be young and hip.  His toupee is one of the worst I have seen and I get a good laugh when I see a fat old man in a sports car.  I'm in my 40's and yep things change but I think folks are happier when they just accept that we won't look the same at 40, 50, 60 etc, as we did in our 20's.  There is something to be said about aging gracefully.  Oh and Kirk DON'T even start on your wife's weight.  She has a looooong way to go to catch up with you.

BTW, did they not talk about the kid thing BEFORE they got engaged???

I thought the same about the kids thing. Why wouldn't it have been something they discussed in their 4.5 years together? I bet they have talked about it and this is a production/storyline driven thing.

Kirk's dad has a 6yr old daughter. I know older people have sex but that's just eww to me LOL. And he's going to be almost 70 when she graduates high school.

Nadine and Erik DO look like they could be brother and sister! Also, am I hallucinating, because I could have sworn when we were introduced to the couples in the first episode, Erik said he had been married once before and had a daughter. I thought there was even a picture of him with said daughter (she's 6-ish, maybe?) but we haven't seen or heard of her since. Am I mixing him up with someone else?

And interesting to note that Laura and Kirk may have first hooked up when he was married!

I know Kirk's dad has a 6yr old, maybe you're thinking of them. Erik was married before, that part you remember correctly.

Nadine and Erik:  There is usually a reason why most couples don't rush into marriage and actually get to know each other first.  I think Erik is realizing this in a hurry.

I'd agree except, after knowing each other 6months, dating for 3 weeks of that my husband proposed. Today we are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary :)

• Love 1

Kirk is a lazy troll who does nothing but please himself and talk about money.  A true boob.  He has a mildly amusing personality but this is overshadowed by the rest of him, both physically and personally.  It's so sad that someone as put together (and seemingly nice) as Laura would have to put up with him.  Is it the comfortable life? I work in Bethesda, it's not like they are living in Potomac, so Laura don't sacrifice yourself for this tool.

Nadine is a piece of work. Poor Erik, get out now before she gets pregnant -- RUN, ERIK, RUN.

• Love 2
I'd agree except, after knowing each other 6months, dating for 3 weeks of that my husband proposed. Today we are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary :)

Happy anniversary. Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate 17 years. Although, we were friends for 12 years before we got together. Together for 3 months when we got engaged and married when we were together 10 months. 

I'm borderline with Kirk and the crossover relationships. He said he was with the mother for 14 years. The oldest is 18 so he could have had a crossover or been newly single/free when they met. The boys don't seem to hold too much animosity, from the little we saw of them. 

• Love 1

Happy anniversary. Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate 17 years. Although, we were friends for 12 years before we got together. Together for 3 months when we got engaged and married when we were together 10 months. 

I'm borderline with Kirk and the crossover relationships. He said he was with the mother for 14 years. The oldest is 18 so he could have had a crossover or been newly single/free when they met. The boys don't seem to hold too much animosity, from the little we saw of them. 

Happy anniversary to KarmaG and Momtotwo!  We celebrated our 22nd last week.  We were together for a year and engaged for a year while living together for a year and a half.

Congrats to all the happy couples :)

The math is sketchy for their timeline but really all that matters is if they are happy and his kids are healthy/happy. Only they live in their skin. Doesn't make the mistress vibe go away but again, doesn't really matter, not my husband/mistress :D

After watching the first three episodes I think the lesbian couple and Erik and Nadine have a snowballs chance in hell of staying together.

Nadine seems exhausting and high maintenance. Chill out lady! Erik seems like a nice enough guy don't drive him away. How old are they? Why are they so rushed to get hitched? They also had a really huge elaborate wedding for only knowing each other for a few months..did they get engaged like 3 months in? Big weddings take a while to plan!

I kind of like the other two, even though Kirk seems like a man child I think Lara doesnt take any shit so they might actually be a good match. I did LOL at him in the car trying to evasively dodge her questions about the fish tank. She had his number, lmao. Interesting background about his previous kids and marriage. Rouvaun and Toi make me laugh, I like them and they seem down to earth

And the lesbian couple...red flags EVERYWHERE. I see a lot of similarity between them and a train wreck relationship I had once, also with a woman, who also had money. ( Spoiler alert, it didnt last lol and I found a wonderful husband years later)

I predict a divorce, and Laura ( shes the non rich one right?) Will go back to men. Sam will have a lot of relationships none will last and she will possibly also wind up with a guy. Sam is married to her family ( not gonna cut the cord anytime soon) and already the family dynamic is causing trouble in the marriage

The sooner Laura realizes that Sam will never put her above her family, the better

The very fact that Sam made out with someone AT HER WEDDING then tried to say that their love 'transcends' random make out basically means that Sam will do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, because she has the money and wears the pants in that relationship

I wonder if their prenup gives ANYTHING to Laura at all, I doubt it. I think Sam eventually will find someone new an Laura will be out the door. Just IMO

• Love 2