Type keyword(s) to search

Cycle 22 Anticipation Thread (Possible Spoilers)

From one of ANTM's twitter accounts:

30 Mar - ‏@ANTMTEAM
#ANTM #Cycle22 is getting back to basics for voting with the judges deciding who stays and who goes in the competition! #StayTuned @CW_ANTM

I hope so. I generally wouldn't mind the specific ass tabulations they've been doing, but it's obvious they all know the viewer score and challenge score, then Tyra waits to see what the other judges do and adjusts her score.

If they kept it, and made Tyra/Judges score at the same time, I'd be into it.

Since it'll never happen, I'm glad for the change.

Yes another group of hamsters cast for obvious drama rather than model potential. Most are probably too old or too short with the usual sob stories about being a single mother, working as an exotic dancer, being married and divorced at age 18, whose dad is a janitor, and/or who is going blind. I can maybe spot one guy and one girl among them with any modeling potential. Meh!

• Love 1

I hope so. I generally wouldn't mind the specific ass tabulations they've been doing, but it's obvious they all know the viewer score and challenge score, then Tyra waits to see what the other judges do and adjusts her score.

If they kept it, and made Tyra/Judges score at the same time, I'd be into it.

Since it'll never happen, I'm glad for the change.

I HATE the random, silly numbers games. One of several reasons I just stopped watching - a big reason. Random BS that had very little to do with how they'd be evaluated in "real life." (Even I'm laughing at the silliness of connecting "real life" to this franchise.) Hearing the judges' exchanges, and disagreements, was far more valuable and interesting than pulled-out-of-their butts - or calculators - scores.

And the fan nonsense. Please. Hoping that part really is gone. May actually start watching again.

They look like they should be on The Real World, instead of ANTM.

That. Scares me. Another reason I stopped watching: I kept feeling like I was watching TRW instead of ANTM. Just model, damn it.

Edited by RealityCowgirl

I HATE the random, silly numbers games. One of several reasons I just stopped watching - a big reason. Random BS that had very little to do with how they'd be evaluated in "real life." (Even I'm laughing at the silliness of connecting "real life" to this franchise.) Hearing the judges' exchanges, and disagreements, was far more valuable and interesting than pulled-out-of-their butts - or calculators - scores.

And the fan nonsense. Please. Hoping that part really is gone. May actually start watching again.

That. Scares me. Another reason I stopped watching: I kept feeling like I was watching TRW instead of ANTM. Just model, damn it.

I'm the same way. I quit watching for a few Cycles. I caught the tail end of the BryanBoy run. I started watching again, not because I expect legitimate model-types to be chosen, but I wanted to see how crazy Ty-Ty had gotten.

• Love 1

Another reason I stopped watching: I kept feeling like I was watching TRW instead of ANTM. Just model, damn it.

Even when the shoots and challenges were ridiculous, they were still more entertaining than much of the bullshit house drama we got in the last few seasons. Ugh.

• Love 3
(edited)

New C22 promo shot with Tyra and cast

There was no height requirement.  The press release has the names, ages and heights of the contestants.

"AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" RETURNS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, FEATURING AN EXCITING NEW CYCLE OF GUYS AND GIRLS

The panel of judges will again include Banks, fashion public relations maven Kelly Cutrone, and beloved runway coach J. Alexander (a.k.a. “Miss J.”) to determine who stays and who goes in the competition.  Acclaimed photographer Yu Tsai also returns as a photo shoot creative consultant.  This cycle will also feature special guests Jonathan and Drew Scott (“Property Brothers”) who designed the cast house this cycle, Supermodel Chrissy Teigen and world-renowned fashion editor Joe Zee.  This is the third “Guys and Girls” edition of AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, which debuted in 2003. 

The model hopefuls will compete for a career-launching prize package that includes new luxury fashion partner Zappos Couture as well as Nylon and Next Management.  The winner will receive prizes including: $100,000 from Zappos Couture as well as being the face of their national luxury brand re-launch in 2016, a fashion feature in Nylon, as well as being offered a modeling contract with Next Management.

America's Next Top Model returns Wednesday, August 5 on The CW at 8pm ET.  Original episodes of TOP MODEL will air on Wednesdays until October 2, when original episodes will move to the Friday (9:00-10:00pm ET) timeslot.

Edited by milkyaqua

Episode one description, courtesy Futon Crtiic:

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5

CYCLE 22 PREMIERE

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guys and Girls Make it to Hollywood" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

CYCLE 22 PREMIERE - America's Next Top Model returns with another exciting edition of guys and girls competing to take home the coveted title. Potential contestants descend on Hollywood, while modeling swimwear and taking on crazy fans - and each other - as they vie for a spot in the competition. Host Tyra Banks, Miss J and fashion public relations maven Kelly Cutrone return to the judging panel with Yu Tsai returning as a photo shoot creative consultant (#2201).

(edited)

I can't see the pix but is Mame the Maryland girl who was just second-runner up to Miss USA? Or at least Top 5 -- I might be wrong on the final placement. Unusual enough name and she was also from Silver Spring, I think.

Just googled and that is indeed her. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap

Episode two description; courtesy Futon Critic:

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Walks Away" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

THE PROPERTY BROTHERS DESIGN THE MODEL HOUSE - Jonathan and Drew Scott ("Property Brothers") surprise the models by designing the cast house. One of the models breaks down and decides to leave the competition, while the remaining contestants participate in a semi-nude photo shoot in front of the public (#2202).

Episode three description; courtesy Futon Critic:

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Gets Shipped Out" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, L) (HDTV)

THE FINAL FOURTEEN ARE REVEALED - The remaining models must do a runway walk on shipping containers raised high above the ground and if they make it across, they will remain in the competition. Tyra guides the models in a photo shoot where they are bound together and the first contestant is eliminated (#2203).

I can't see the pix but is Mame the Maryland girl who was just second-runner up to Miss USA? Or at least Top 5 -- I might be wrong on the final placement. Unusual enough name and she was also from Silver Spring, I think.

Just googled and that is indeed her. 

For some reason I can't edit my post from a week ago, but because my brain is slow, it just occurred to me that she couldn't possibly have won this (I am staying results-spoiler free) since she was available for the Miss USA pageant ... 

LOL, isn't Whitney too "fiercely real" to be a pageant queen? IIRC it was never established during her cycle that she competed in pageants, although she was criticized by Miss Jay for having a pageant-like walk or something to that effect. I think there are certain types of girls that Tyra hates who will not win but are chosen for ANTM just so she can bring them down a peg, including beauty queens, exotic dancers, mothers, Ivy League graduates and anyone smarter and prettier than her.

• Love 1
(edited)

Episode four description; courtesy Futon Critic:

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Has a Close Shave" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, L) (HDTV)

IT'S MAKE-OVER TIME! - The models participate in an emotional photo shoot that honors war heroes. Meanwhile, some of the girls-and guys- struggle to accept their new looks, with one of them locking herself in the bathroom (#2204).

Edited by milkyaqua

Episode five description; courtesy Futon Critic:

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Gets a Hickey" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, L) (HDTV)

HOOK UPS AND HEARTACHE - As romance blooms between some of the models, a huge argument breaks out. The guys and girls are challenged to a photo shoot that will have no re-touching in the photos, which causes insecurity amongst some of the models. (#2205).

Episode six description; courtesy Futon Critic:

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Gets Possessed" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

MODEL MELTDOWN - The stress of the competition gets to some of the models, causing them to lose focus. The guys and girls are suspended in mid air for a photo shoot where they look possessed and a few of the models struggle (#2206).

Episode seven description:

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Acts a Fool" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LS) (HDTV)

NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS - The models struggle during an acting challenge, where a few don't take the task seriously. The guys and girls are tasked with pairing up for a sexy commercial at the beach, where jealousy runs rampant and some chemistry falls flat (#2207).

America’s Next Top Model | The Guy Who Acts A Fool Trailer

Episode eight and nine descriptions; courtesy Futon Critic:

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Got All Dolled Up" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, L) (HDTV)

LARGER THAN LIFE - The models are tasked with creating a PSA in front of a harsh team of critics... kids! At the photo shoot, the guys and girls they have to pose as life size dolls, where some of the models don't rise to the challenge (#2208).

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy or Girl Who Came Back" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, L) (HDTV)

THE MODELS ATTEND GO-SEES AND AN ELIMINATED CONTESTANT WILL RETURN TO THE COMPETITION - When the guys and girls visit modeling agencies, they are paired up with a previously eliminated model, who may earn the chance to come back in the competition (#2209).

Episode 10 description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Became Bootyful" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

THE MODELS SHOOT A MUSIC VIDEO - The guys and girls shoot a music video for Tyra's new beauty line, where former top model contestant Don Benjamin makes an appearance. During a photo shoot where the models have to pose in mid air, tensions run high as a few of the models have a hard time taking direction (#2210).

Don't think I need to spoiler this, as it's in the trailer, but:

double elimination

. Mikey's french braids at elimination are ridiculous! As is Bello's turban (maybe if he'd caught his hair up in it, it would be interesting, but it's not, it's just an absurd little hat). But Justin's hair looks good, in a sort of 1920s glam guy way, and Lacey seems to be in good position to keep going. The concept behind the shoot looks like it might actually generate some acceptable photos.

• Love 1

Recap time - episode 11 description; courtesy Futon Crtiic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"And Then That Happened" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN FOOTAGE REVEALED - Catch up on Cycle 22 with all new footage of behind-the-scenes confessions, flirtations and meltdowns among the guys and girls. Host Tyra Banks joins Miss J, Kelly Cutrone and photo shoot consultant Yu Tsai to monitor all the on-camera drama (#2216).

Episode 12 description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Closed the Deal in Vegas" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV

ONE OF THE MODELS STRUGGLES TO REMAIN ON TOP - During a challenge event in Las Vegas, an overconfident model loses focus and fails to impress. Meanwhile, one of the models seem more focused on romance than winning the competition (#2211).