Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Burned

I don't mind getting a new character, but I will be p@ssed if he ends up killing Raylan, Boyd, Wynn, Avery, Katherine, Loretta, or Ava (or any other major character). Please don't do that to us, show!

I feel the same way; like he hasn't earned the right to kill one of the major characters. If they're going to be killed, which I'm sure some will, it needs to be by one of the other ones and not some new guy who just showed up.

• Love 2

I hope to god Mikey does not end up killing Wynn Duffy. Mikey's anguish was palpable (still cute, though -- yes, I'm shallow). 

If Wynn and Mikey do go their separate ways I'm hoping for a spin-off where Loretta hires Mikey as her personal protection in her weed empire and then aplexing hi-jinks ensue.  

• Love 7

I'd love to see a Loretta spin-off. Called (maybe) "Bluegrass" - since "Weeds" has already been used.  But Dickie Bennett would have to get out of jail, just to make it more interesting.  Mary Louise Parker could guest star.

• Love 1
Loretta just annoys me at this point. I think Raylan has earned a little more respect from her than she shows him.

Loretta has always annoyed me, mainly because she's always been surly and disrespectful towards Raylan, who has always been concerned for her.

• Love 4

Why are we so concerned for Raylan? He likes some back-talk. You don't think Winona has a touch of Aunt Helen about her? Let's enjoy the Hepburn-Tracy vibe he has with Loretta.

I am enjoying Tim yanking Mikey's chain, & Wynn's hammock.

• Love 3

I love Loretta -- I do agree she is a "Mags Bennett" in the making but I also think she's the future of Harlan County.  If I was a Kentucky voter, she'd have had mine at that speech in the Portal.

Raylan can not only dish it out; he can certainly take it.

Best line was as Loretta was leaving Boyd's office -- at Earl, "Get outta my way, boy."

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 6

I know Elmore Leonard criminals aren't smart but I totally didn't buy Scott Grimes character being dumb enough to let Catherine reach into her purse, going so far as to lower his weapon.  Not buying it.

I agree; he told Katherine to "move slowly" as if she was going to go all parkour in her tight leather skirt, and then he let her pick up a closed purse, keep her hand in it, and approach him - felt like pretty bad writing this episode.

Why wouldn't he just blow both of them away, take what he wanted, and leave?  He could have had the ring and the bracelet.  He was not adverse to wet work in earlier episodes and kill people indiscriminately and surely life was going to be very dangerous with the two of them left alive looking for him forever.  Seemed inconsistent for the character.

Also, I guess Uncle Zach was an Austin Powers fan.  Create an elaborate and easily escapable death for Boyd.  Why not just kill Boyd?  And, when Boyds guys comes to find him, why didn't Boyd just tell him to pull the fuse out of the sticks of dynamite or snip the fuse ahead of the burn?  Instead he chose to try to break a fairly significant chain with a rock hammer (I am not confident that a rock hammer can break a chain of that size).

I also agree with the comments about Rachel.  We get it, she's in charge, life is tough, things go sideways.  They are hitting us over the head with a pretty heavy hand to establish her management angst.  Truth is that she has held her position for a few months, they would be lending support for her during her first big case, she acts like she is going to get fired at a moments notice for things clearly out of her control.  I was hoping they would keep her character a bit more confident and cocky.  That is what I liked about her.

I get the feeling Boon is also a character of convenience, hopefully not the dude to fulfill all the sinister foreshadowing given to us from Art about Raylan's tombstone bravery.  The young upstart going against the salty veteran.  That would be a disappointing end to the series.

• Love 1
I get the feeling Boon is also a character of convenience, hopefully not the dude to fulfill all the sinister foreshadowing given to us from Art about Raylan's tombstone bravery.  The young upstart going against the salty veteran.  That would be a disappointing end to the series.

Was thinking the exact same thing, I dont want to see Raylon go out like that tho truth be told I suppose it would be a realistic way for his story to end- very fitting. However given the depth of all the established characters it would be a shame for Raylon to meet his maker at this guy's hand.

• Love 1

Oh, Seabass, would you have let a man say he had something of value in his backpack, and then let him open the backpack himself. Some characters are too ignorant to live, and they don't. But it's hard watching them, when the real baddies get away with so much.

I didn't see the first two seasons, so can someone please tell me why Zach wants Boyd dead.

Is it naive to think that our favorite characters will make it through the series alive? I suppose so. 

Ain't Loretta a trip. Hope she survives.

Will really miss this show. Really

Man, the way Raylan says "Kubla Khan" is unbelievably sexy. 

I worry for Loretta. She is clearly channeling a less murderous version of Mags, but she needs more people backing her up. 

I loved the shot of Boyd and Raylan both angling their heads to get a look at that giant vault of money in the exact same angle! 

I didn't see the first two seasons, so can someone please tell me why Zach wants Boyd dead.

Jeff Fahey (Uncle Zach) is a new character.  His motives have only been defined this season.  I think he just hates Crowders...

I'm very slowly catching up. This season is very stressful for me to watch since I pretty much expect any of the characters to die at any minute. And now Loretta is back too and more or less painted a target on her back with that awesome speech. Young Mags indeed. I don't really trust Boyd's personnel to do a good job protecting her, traditionally, they aren't that good at their jobs. Also, it's not Boyd's priority at the moment. If he didn't have Raylan on his ass, he could just start a new empire with Loretta. Oh well. 10 millions are just too much for one Boyd Crowder to give up.

I love how Ava stays alive by basically telling Rayan AND Boyd most of the truth. But I worry terribly about her too. Between a rock and a hard place, prison doesn't look so bad after all.

It would have been a fitting death for Boyd, so I was actually pretty sure he wouldn't make it out. I guess I will have to worry about him for a few more episodes.

In my head, Jonathan Tucker is still young Tommy in Sleepers, so it disturbs me terribly when I see him do these roles.

I'm finally on the Wynn Duffy love train. I never quite got what people  like about him.