Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I remember her being very angry and abrasive on Apprentice during a specific event.  I can't remember exactly what it was about, but it had to do with her daughter Melissa, who was also on the show.  In Joan's view, someone had not treated Melissa as she thought she should be treated.  Melissa showed her true colors--really reeking with venom and anger.  I was shocked at how mean she could be.  Joan took up for her and defended her totally, even though Melissa was completely over the top in her anger.  Melissa showed herself to be a spoiled brat, with Joan enabling her.  Melissa was later asked on another talk show if she regretted how she behaved and she said no.  

I don't remember details, but Joan going "you're a poka playa! a poka playa!" was pretty unforgettable. lol

• Love 1

Acupuncture may help.  I was skeptical with migraines, a myriad of issues.  I felt relief the first visit and now i try hard to only feel good and get a tuneup once in awile hah.  She is so good, knows all the diff things you can do.  Or try an exderine migraine. That helped too.  Seriously feel better.  I know how incapacitating in can make you.  Dim the lights, crawl in bed, ice a towel and put it in the back of your neck.

EDITED JUST NOW BY FORUMLOU · REASON: MOVED TO SMALL TALK

There was so much drama with the planned party.  Her family wasn't going to come because her mom was in the hospital and they thought it inappropriate to have the party at that time.  And I agreed with that but it wasn't my decision. Unfortunately her mother died a few days after the scheduled party.  This has been a rough time but hopefully the baby will help us all get through all the sadness 

Edited by ifionlyknew
38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Hugs, ifionly. That must be hard. Hope the new baby brings everyone joy. 

Thank you @Haleth.  Her mother had a recurrence of lymphoma and was undergoing chemo when she got Covid.  Things went downhill from there. She was put on a ventilator and two weeks later was determined to be brain dead.  Thankfully her family was with her when she passed.  It's really rattled me because she was a year younger than me and we share a grandchild.  This whole thing has made me realize enjoy all the good things that come your way because you never know when the bad things will happen.

• Love 5

This thread was buried almost at the bottom of the 2nd page of topics for me. Having said that I'm bringing this over from Sunny's thread where I posted about her son getting hit by a car. In the article it said he doesn't believe in "big pharma".

Hopefully that opinion would change if a serious health chronic condition came up that called for prescription medication. Had family members who had that opinion about meds for a long time. The ones that pissed me off used to think less of my Mom because she took an antidepressant. They'd also treat her like she wasn't very bright or smart. I was young but would always want to tell them that maybe they were part of why she needed them too. 

Those same family members ended up with quite a collection of meds when their own issues arose though. One of them actually apologized to my Mom later on. When my Mom was at their house the wife took my her to the bathroom to see all of their (her brother and his wife) meds that were in there.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 3