Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, MsTree said:

And that's your right to be disgusted, but I'll bet there have been other guests with equally disgusting hobbies, habits, etc. And since this is a show called the View, I prefer to hear from all walks of life...good, bad or indifferent...whether it's political or not. But that's just me😐

Yeah, probably other guests have bad habits but they don't brag about them all the time and show their kill like it's something to be glorified.

• Love 21
On 11/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, MsTree said:

But don't they all troll on twitter and/or instagram?? That's all we hear these days...and seems to be the basis of several topics.

Actually no.  Chelsea is always very kind to those who are horrible to her.  She answers with class.  Read both of their twitter feeds.  You don't have to be a member to do it.  He is a total asshole to people.  She is a class act.  

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Actually no.  Chelsea is always very kind to those who are horrible to her.  She answers with class.  Read both of their twitter feeds.  You don't have to be a member to do it.  He is a total asshole to people.  She is a class act.  

After reading her twitter just a few times awhile back I came to the conclusion that someone did a really good job of raising that girl - she is the epitome of a gentlewoman.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

(This concludes today's episode of An Atheist Interprets The Bible).

Edited by suomi
confusion/conclusion: not the same
  • Love 18
On 11/3/2019 at 12:44 AM, Jaded said:

Large game hunters who pose with the dead bodies of their kills disgust me especially when it's an endangered species. 

And these millionaires/billionaires aren't exactly "hunting."  They pay for the privilege of having an endangered animal herded into an area where a blind shooter can't miss.  This is MURDER, not hunting!

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And these millionaires/billionaires aren't exactly "hunting."  They pay for the privilege of having an endangered animal herded into an area where a blind shooter can't miss.  This is MURDER, not hunting!

Yes!  And I am no expert but it doesn't take much to guess that a man who is into doing something this loathsome has some pretty obvious inadequacies about his manhood that he is trying to make up for by doing something this vile, no?  I mean, to me, it's pretty damn obvious.  The guy might as well just walk around wearing a sandwich board, announcing his "issues" because it's that obvious at least to me.  I'm sure Guilfoyle knows.  What a lucky lady.  😉

• Love 20

Please do not discuss moderator actions in the thread. If you have a question on why a post was removed, please take a moment to review the Politics policy and if still in doubt, PM @Aethera or myself.

Thank you.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, Cementhead said:

Yes!  And I am no expert but it doesn't take much to guess that a man who is into doing something this loathsome has some pretty obvious inadequacies about his manhood that he is trying to make up for by doing something this vile, no?  I mean, to me, it's pretty damn obvious.  The guy might as well just walk around wearing a sandwich board, announcing his "issues" because it's that obvious at least to me.  I'm sure Guilfoyle knows.  What a lucky lady.  😉

I wish I knew how to link because John Fugelsang posted a funny picture of DTJ’s book. Anyone? 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I wish I knew how to link because John Fugelsang posted a funny picture of DTJ’s book. Anyone? 

I just saw the "cover" - it's funny!!  I think it was made by "Good Liars".  They made faux covers and put them on some of DTJ's books in a book store 🙂  
Oh, sorry - I don't know how to link it neither 😞 

• Love 2

So I made Joy's lasagna. It's good. Pretty much back of the box of noodles recipe. Like Joy said, "It's lasagna. Anyone can make it." One difference - I browned the crumbled sweet Italian sausage and mixed it in with the tomato sauce per another "Joy's Lasagna" recipe online so no "sausage nuggets." 

Whoopi's story didn't ring true to me.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I haven’t checked the lasagna recipe. Does Joy make her own sauce?

In the video I posted in Joy's thread, they show her add tomato paste to the onion and garlic she was cooking. Then later show clip with her already smashed the tomatoes in the pan.

This is what is posted on abc website. https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/joy-behars-famous-lasagna-recipe-favorite-dish/story?id=67009297

2. Make The Sauce

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add chopped onion cooking over medium-low heat until translucent (about 5 minutes). Then, add the garlic and stir for one more minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, marinara sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sacrilege, I know, but I use frozen. It’s too much work. 😜. I only serve it once/yr, on Christmas Eve. My family hasn’t complained. 

Same here. I looooooove Stouffer's Classic Lasagna with meat sauce.

When my parents were still living here, I would make my own version of vegetarian, and for me? The more moootzarella (I KEN that's no' the correct spelling!) the betta!!!😜

• Love 7

I like the Stouffer's Five Cheese Lasagna more than the meat version. I go back and forth on liking the one with meat sauce.  It's just my cat and me so purchasing their Lasagna, Stuffed Peppers and whatnot are easier then trying to make some of that stuff for one. I've been having trouble finding the larger versions that they say are for two people like the 20oz Macaroni & Cheese, two Stuffed Peppers (they use half peppers so the serving really isn't that big) and the 18oz Five Cheese Lasagna. I only have a Walmart Supercenter. Walmart Neighborhood Market and a Winn-Dixie near me. There's one other store near me that's smaller but their continuous health scores have made it that I haven't gotten anything from there in almost 10 years.

The two Walmart locations are where I'm having trouble finding the larger sized Stouffer's. Winn Dixie doesn't have them on sale often so I haven't looked there in a long time which was before I started having the already described problem. If I wasn't so frustrated I wouldn't be going on about it.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sacrilege, I know, but I use frozen. It’s too much work. 😜

I agree.  Not just the work of layering all the stuff, but cleaning the skillet, mixing bowl for cheeses, cutting board and lasagna dish when you're done.  And there are usually spatters of tomato sauce on the counters, walls & stove, so then you have to clean the whole kitchen. 

Stouffer's Lasagnas are good , but (Canadian) "Bassili's Best" frozen lasagna is even better, and available in 5 sizes, from 1-5 lbs.  They have the Italian herbs I like, a fresh taste with no preservatives, and 3-4 cheeses.   I've tried several other brands that were blah - not enough Italian herbs and a canned Chef Boyardee sort of taste.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2

Stouffer's does have good lasagnas.  I haven't seen my favorite one in years -

Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna - Freshly made lasagna noodles featuring whole grains layered with sea salt, spinach, broccoli, shoestring carrots and a cheesy blend of ricotta, mozzarella, Romano, Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Seasoned with a hint of garlic and onions and topped with golden breadcrumbs.

It was heavenly.  (Now I've made myself hungry.)

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, pinguina said:

All this talk of lasagna has made me hungry!  

There is an Italian deli around the corner from my house, I order it from them 🙂 

It is yummy!!  As well as their pasta salad.  

I know. I want some of Joy’s lasagna too damn it! 

• Love 4

I still make my own lasagne, even for just hubs and me.

Meat sauce:

• use whatever meat (white or red meat; or both is my preference) or ground sausage you prefer; brown that and drain that.
  • carmelize an onion and many cloves of garlic.
  • spice the meat and the onion with paprika, oregano and any other spices you enjoy.
  • add two cans of diced tomatoes, which have been drained.
  • add passata, to your liking, maybe a whole jar.
  • add tomato paste (umami!)
  • add a rind from the parmesan you bought at Costco to enrich the sauce
  • add sliced mushrooms, sliced green peppers, sliced green olives, and spinach.

Cook that sauce for a good while.

Then assemble:

• Lasagne noodles first.  Boxed ones are not the best, but they are okay.  I live in an area where I can get fresh made lasagne noodles cheaper than boxed.
  • Spread grated mozzarella, then cottage cheese, then the beautiful sauce you made.  Then more mozzarella.
  • Then again lasagne noodles, mozz,, cottage cheese, meat sauce, more mozz.
  • Depending on your casserole you could repeat.  But at this point mine is full and sprinkle some more mozza on the top.

The secret of this fantastic lasagne is the meat sauce.  Which is slow cooked and has all the veggies.

i love it text GIF

• Love 2

Comment about the movie Bombshell since it came up on yesterday's show.  My son and his gf got tickets to the premiere in LA last night.  He texted me that the scene was incredible, with all the limos and the red carpet and paparazzi.  He said Nicole K (and Keith), Charlize T, and Margot R walked right in front of them.  I have to wait for him to wake up to find out more (like if they enjoyed the movie) but I thought it was pretty cool!  He's lived in LA for about a year and these are the first big movie stars he's seen.

• Love 10
On 11/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Same here. I looooooove Stouffer's Classic Lasagna with meat sauce.

Costco's brand (Kirkland) is always good...a few varieties.   Lasagne used to be a staple when I was married w/kids ... then just w/kids.  Now they're middle-aged men and Costco's or Stouffer's has been my friend for 20+years.  Too much standing around making it from scratch (and I can't tell the difference).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/20/2019 at 1:00 PM, pinguina said:

All this talk of lasagna has made me hungry!  

There is an Italian deli around the corner from my house, I order it from them 🙂 

It is yummy!!  As well as their pasta salad.  

Yes. There's an Italian deli/butcher in my neighborhood,  and they have frozen entrees, including lasagna,  eggplant parmigiana, stuffed shells, several soups, all in a size that's perfect for 2 people, and priced affordably. 

• Love 2

JJ changed her hair because she said it was too much work and damaged from the constant styling so she wanted to give it a break.  Tasked her hair people with finding a ponytail that would match her hair.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Does anyone know what happened to Apprentice79?  I loved her posts & notice that she hasn't been on any of the forums for a couple of months.  I don't think she was banned, so ...

And I was thinking about @Apprentice79 again today.  She had such an amazing knowledge of DOOL history and was a regular poster there.  It looks like all of her last posts were mid July 2019. 😢

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bannana said:

And I was thinking about @Apprentice79 again today.  She had such an amazing knowledge of DOOL history and was a regular poster there.  It looks like all of her last posts were mid July 2019. 😢

She was one of my favorite posters here. I also look at the DOOL forums. We watched some of the same shows, and I always thought her posts were both intelligent and polite. I hope she’s okay and just busy. 

• Love 4
On 12/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, HaaCHOO said:

Costco's brand (Kirkland) is always good...a few varieties.   Lasagne used to be a staple when I was married w/kids ... then just w/kids.  Now they're middle-aged men and Costco's or Stouffer's has been my friend for 20+years.  Too much standing around making it from scratch (and I can't tell the difference).

I stayed at a cabin/ resort in the Rocky Mountains last week. They had Costco Kirkland microwave popcorn which was really good.

I also liked the sheets because they stayed cool (hot flashes). I checked the label and, Yep, Kirkland sateen 560 count, Costco.

A friend at church had the coolest hot pink prescription glasses on. I complimented her, and she whispered, "Costco."   

🙂

Going to buy a membership for sure.

• Love 1

The past two nights I have had two The View dreams in a row, and I don't even watch this show much anymore. The first night I was watching an episode where Jedediah was back for an interview about her new baby, and she never got to say anything because Whoopi and Meghan were talking and then they went to commercial. Jed would've been sitting there for 30 secs max. Kind of realistic, come to think of it.

Then last night I dreamt I was one of the new panel members for The View and it was Abby's last day, and set in Los Angeles. Her behaviour was lascivious; she kept threatening to flash her breasts at the male guest. Before she left I complimented her on always looking well put together and Whoopi became really sad because I didn't say the same about her, and she started warning me that my career could be over like that as one day someone may ignore me like I did her.

• LOL 6

Is bringing this here. How many of you have actually read the Declaration or the Constitution? It was an eye opener for me. Read both.

The Declaration of Independence is mostly a meandering eff you.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, nokat said:

Is bringing this here. How many of you have actually read the Declaration or the Constitution? It was an eye opener for me. Read both.

The Declaration of Independence is mostly a meandering eff you.

Jefferson was actually not that great of a writer, despite people saying he is. He also heavily plagiarized John Locke 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think it is easy to think when bad things are happening in another state or country they do not really affect you. Although we care about them.

I live between a hospital with deaths from COVID19 and another one with cases in Wa. And am 73 and compromised. 

I wish the show could discuss this and what we all need. I know the woman on Friday did but I did not get the the fribolity about it all and how long it took to get to......well - I don't know what. I was not reassured. Not even with her beautiful photo with her husband. 

To be fair - Fri was a lot different from today.

I went for groceries today - saw the useless masks on people (just 2 or 3). Left home after the death toll was 2 - came home to 6. Throughout our hospitals are treating patients . And a senior residence and 2 dozen firemen....etc. Some police as well.

It has given me a whole new outlook on dismissing things that have no impact on one (or me) and even more have compassion for those going through just awful things like fires, hurricanes, floods. Zika, Ebola etc.

And I feel pretty secure with my Gov Inslee and what he is doing for our state fighting this.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Oh, gosh, maggiemae, you really are in the middle of it.  One fortunate thing, as you mentioned, is that you do have a smart governor you can trust.  Maybe the state government, or your city government, has a special section on their website that has specific guidelines and advice?   I know it can be frustrating when they talk about it on tv because you can never be sure how thorough they're being. 

• Love 4

Thanks everyone.

This morning my sister called and one of her friends was a woman that died from the virus....they were at a party together a week ago Sunday....and I was with my sister and a friend for lunch last Tue.

I was reading a Twitter thread this morning from a woman who says she works at a senior citizen health center in Seattle, where there have been five deaths from the coronavirus.  This woman said she felt like she had the flu, and because of the other cases in that area, she tried to contact a coronavirus hotline, but she hung up after 40 minutes.  She then called two primary care physicians.  One of them told her they didn't know what to do, the other told her to call a hospital or urgent care facility.  She called the urgent care, they didn't know what to tell her.  She called the hospital and they transferred her to the coronavirus hotline again, where they answered the phone this time and told her that since she hadn't traveled to Asia or had been in contact with someone who had traveled to Asia, there was no facility to test her for the coronavirus, and just wait till she gets sick enough to go to a hospital.

(edited)

OMG I am so sorry for this being off topic, and i hope the ListMoms will forgive me this sin, but oh my goodness, has anyone seen that Stupid! Kazoo commercial?!?  It is so loud, and so dumb!!  I have never felt such rage for a commercial.  Seriously, that scares me.  Is there a place to complain this crap stuff?  Ive never felt the need to email anybody for anything ( apathy much lol ) but trust and believe (tm Shangela, thanks Babe :)) i will email to the moon and back. lol whatever that means i guess.  Thanks again ListMoms.  Maybe this is a tie-in, it comes on during the eps! Heheh score!  Good day Everyone 😁

p.s.. i didnt mean Primetimer (altho that would be good too), when i asked if there was a place to complain.  I was thinking more like suckads.com or some such.  Just wanted to clarify. Ok bye!

Edited by Tammee
To add
  • Love 4

Im sorry everyone hit by co-vid 19 (shorter to type). My panic level is on a slow burn, so to speak.  Its ready to flame on a moments notice.  I did have a thought though.  Theres all the talk, pro or con, about the masks.  And the washing of hands.  Which we do, and sanitize.  But why arent people wearing gloves?  You can peel them off and toss after contact. It seems like a no-brainer.  No?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Im sorry everyone hit by co-vid 19 (shorter to type). My panic level is on a slow burn, so to speak.  Its ready to flame on a moments notice.  I did have a thought though.  Theres all the talk, pro or con, about the masks.  And the washing of hands.  Which we do, and sanitize.  But why arent people wearing gloves?  You can peel them off and toss after contact. It seems like a no-brainer.  No?

You would have to change gloves every time you touch a surface.  If you go shopping you would have to change after you opened the door. You would have to change after you pick up something. You would have to change after you touch the keypad when you check out. And if you touch your purse or your sleeve with the glove on then whatever was on the glove could now be on your purse or sleeve.  All that and that is not even counting how many times you would unconsciously touch your face.  Just easier to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

You would have to change gloves every time you touch a surface.  If you go shopping you would have to change after you opened the door. You would have to change after you pick up something. You would have to change after you touch the keypad when you check out. And if you touch your purse or your sleeve with the glove on then whatever was on the glove could now be on your purse or sleeve.  All that and that is not even counting how many times you would unconsciously touch your face.  Just easier to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.

Yes thats all true, but i think for me personally, it would break me off the habit of touching my face real fast. Just feeling that rubber on my face would remind me and after a few times Im sure i wouldnt anymore.  Just a thought

• Love 1

Last evening, the news reported a case of Covid-19 here in Calgary.  the Woman was on that ship that is being quarantined off the coast of California.  Don't know how she managed to get off, but she was swanning around Calgary for a week before she was diagnosed.  They aren't saying where she lives (which quadrant) of the City.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

OMG I am so sorry for this being off topic, and i hope the ListMoms will forgive me this sin, but oh my goodness, has anyone seen that Stupid! Kazoo commercial?!?  It is so loud, and so dumb!!  I have never felt such rage for a commercial.  Seriously, that scares me.  Is there a place to complain this crap stuff?  Ive never felt the need to email anybody for anything ( apathy much lol ) but trust and believe (tm Shangela, thanks Babe :)) i will email to the moon and back. lol whatever that means i guess.  Thanks again ListMoms.  Maybe this is a tie-in, it comes on during the eps! Heheh score!  Good day Everyone 😁

I have seen that commercial and I totally agree. I have had several commercials over the years drive me to madness and just googled and found other people talking about it in different places. Right now I am hating on that commercial that plays Bob Segar's Old Time Rock and Roll song. I love Bob Segar but I detest that song and the faux Tom Cruise they have dancing to it.