Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Viewers Like You

Dissy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, rcc said:

Is that why Paula and Sara came on the show from GMA?  Did he write about Whoopi always contradicting Paula?  This might be why if Whoopi felt threatened because of the GMA angle.

Yes exactly that and they wanted to move both of them back to GMA once they got Meghan & Abby. It seems like Sara Haines new show was in the works for a couple years because the GMA Day or whatever is called now, Michael Strahan was gonna get his own show after he left Live! and Michael wanted Sara on the show. The only thing that stood out was a quote from Whoopi "Paula is not a journalist, Barbara Walter is a journalist" thats the only shady thing I read. I agree with you Whoopi is not GMA type host.

• Love 2

BaWa may be considered a journalist, but there is a lot to criticize over her career, and her "journalism".  Yes, as a woman, she was a trailblazer.  There is that.  I would not hold her up as the feminist icon.  People believe she was the only one, but there were many others.  Who were actual reporters and journalists.

Not sure why Whoopi would say Paula is not a journalist, and BaWa is.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, bannana said:

Not sure why Whoopi would say Paula is not a journalist, and BaWa is.

Paula has a degree in broadcasting.  Barbara has a degree in English.  

I never considered Barbara a journalist.  She was an interviewer. 

• Love 8

I'mapullingaMeghanMcCain and demanding, Do y'all like my Avatar? The pixels were too large for me to post the actual pictures, but isn't it purty? The pinkest of Cherry Blossoms from last Saturday!

Can I just say, that it's purty? And how come no one has told me it's purty?😜

Yes, I'm punchy from an all day meeting and writing in long hand the minutes. Said writing took up an ENTIRE legal pad. It was EXHAUSTING.

And one of the speakers was...[insert Dum-dum-dum-dum-dummmm] Sean Spicer's wife! Yes, THAT Sean Spicer! But she was as sweet and nice and so the opposite.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Clearly pulling a McCain has resulted in my not being able to spell or use proper punctuation!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'mapullingaMeghanMcCain and demanding, Do y'all like my Avatar? The pixels were too large for me to post the actual pictures, but isn't it purty? The pinkest of Cherry Blossoms from last Saturday?

Yes, I'm punchy from an all day meeting and writing in long hand the minutes. Said writing took up an ENTIRE legal pad. It was EXHAUSTING.

And one of the speakers was...[insert Dum-dum-dum-dum-dummmm] Sean Spicer's wife! Yes, THAT Sean Spicer! But she was as sweet and nice and so the opposite.

It looks great! Funnily enough it's very similar to the avatar I use for my work IM system; also a picture of the DC Cherry Blossoms from years ago 🙂 My favorite time of year there!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I never considered Barbara a journalist.  She was an interviewer. 

Granted, it was a big damn deal when she became the first female to co-anchor a national news program but she was an interviewer and a news reader, not a journalist. 

Co-anchor Harry Reasoner, who co-founded 60 Minutes FFS, could not stand her because of her fluff status and walked away after a couple of years. 

As a young Geraldo once said, "Barbara has the best rack in the business." 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, suomi said:

Co-anchor Harry Reasoner, who co-founded 60 Minutes FFS, could not stand her because of her fluff status and walked away after a couple of years. 

And I recall how Joy, on one of the shows before she was fired and Bawa was still on, told the late Reasoner to "Fuck himself" or something, for the way he treated Babs. It was either some anniversary or other for Bawa.

So when I read things in links or whatever that Bawa and Joy didn't get along, etc., I don't know what to believe. What I saw with my eyes? Or the gossip?

• Love 8

Yeah, I think it was after it was already announced Joy was leaving and Barbara would be retiring a the end of the following year that Joy said that.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:29 AM, rcc said:

Is that why Paula and Sara came on the show from GMA?  Did he write about Whoopi always contradicting Paula?  This might be why if Whoopi felt threatened because of the GMA angle.

I'm not sure if it had to do with GMA. She made over Sara and still does.

• Love 2
On 4/11/2019 at 2:51 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'mapullingaMeghanMcCain and demanding, Do y'all like my Avatar? The pixels were too large for me to post the actual pictures, but isn't it purty? The pinkest of Cherry Blossoms from last Saturday!

Gorgeous!  So so pretty

• Love 4
On 4/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, rcc said:

Yes Paula is a journalist no matter what Miss Whoopi says. She is doing a great job reporting over at GMA these days.

She does seem to be in a happier place, I'm glad for her.

• Love 4
On 4/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, heysmilinstrange said:

In Elizabeth's Instagram post, what does "It was a battle -but not of the flesh" mean? Is that a mangled Bible reference, or ... ? Also, when did Bitsy become so religious? She certainly didn't act this way when she was originally on The View. 

Kathy Griffin posted a reaction video to the leaked audio. I liked it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD2NkLY9TOs

Hahah that's hysterical. And it's so funny, she got such a kick out of it.  I bet she was pretty spot on too.  Still, I'll probably do the library thang.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Hahah that's hysterical. And it's so funny, she got such a kick out of it.  I bet she was pretty spot on too.  Still, I'll probably do the library thang.

I wonder if Rachel Campos-Duffy would've had the relationship with Rosie that Bitsy had 

• Love 1
On 4/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, heysmilinstrange said:

In Elizabeth's Instagram post, what does "It was a battle -but not of the flesh" mean? Is that a mangled Bible reference, or ... ? Also, when did Bitsy become so religious? She certainly didn't act this way when she was originally on The View. 

On 4/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, deaja said:

Yes.  I can't think of the reference off-hand but there's a verse in the New Testament that says "we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and...." (I don't remember the rest.)

I'm an atheist but this is my guess:

Matthew 26:40-41 
Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

"A statement of the difficulty in living up to the high moral standards that one has set oneself.

As much as one wishes to achieve something, the frailties of the human body (or, in this case, Elizabeth's temper) often make it impossible."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I just thought I’d check in with you lovely folks. How’s everyone’s week going so far?

I'm not really missing the show, but I do like checking in with forums. My week is going pretty well. How about your week?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nokat said:

I'm not really missing the show, but I do like checking in with forums. My week is going pretty well. How about your week?

My week is also going pretty well! I think my blood pressure has gone down without the live show, lmao.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv4SleLlj0_/  (<-- Bitsy's Instagram post)

On 4/15/2019 at 9:28 PM, suomi said:

I'm an atheist but this is my guess [re Bitsy's comment that it was "a battle not of the flesh --GD]:

"A statement of the difficulty in living up to the high moral standards that one has set oneself.

As much as one wishes to achieve something, the frailties of the human body (or, in this case, Elizabeth's temper) often make it impossible."

The scripture you quoted didn't get included in the quote, but that's basically it. Bitsy was saying it was a spiritual battle for her, rather than a physical one. Which? No shit, Sherlock (Bitsy, not you, suomi.) Cursing isn't a physical battle. It's a mental one. 

• Love 5

Oddly this hiatus has not annoyed me. 

Although I love MM could not help breaking her own self imposed "not to be on twitter" which gives me the giggles since she is constantly for the week. LOL

• Love 5
On 4/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, TheView said:

I want to see a miniseries based on the Ladies Who Punch book. 

It's a very easy read.  Meredith comes off very well, along with Joy.  With Rosie, I just kind of shake my head.  I remember from that lawsuit she had with McCall's in the early 2000s where it came out that she would just say horrible things to the people working under her, so it wasn't surprising to read that she had not changed.  It's an interesting situation.  She obviously is very good at connecting with people, and has good instincts in terms of knowing what a daytime audience would want from a show, but she's also kind of a monster.

It also boggled my mind that the producers had no idea how controversial their hire of Jenny McCarthy would be.     

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

It's a very easy read.  Meredith comes off very well, along with Joy.  With Rosie, I just kind of shake my head.  I remember from that lawsuit she had with McCall's in the early 2000s where it came out that she would just say horrible things to the people working under her, so it wasn't surprising to read that she had not changed.  It's an interesting situation.  She obviously is very good at connecting with people, and has good instincts in terms of knowing what a daytime audience would want from a show, but she's also kind of a monster.

It also boggled my mind that the producers had no idea how controversial their hire of Jenny McCarthy would be.     

And also it was a really bad move for them to fire Joy. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, TheView said:

And also it was a really bad move for them to fire Joy. 

I remember Joy saying that Barbara really wanted to get rid of Elizabeth, but, was afraid of looking like she was picking on the conservative, so Joy had to go in order to look like she was being fair.  It is why Elizabeth left without any goodbye show, she left the same day she was fired. Whereas, Joy got a sendoff show. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I remember Joy saying that Barbara really wanted to get rid of Elizabeth, but, was afraid of looking like she was picking on the conservative, so Joy had to go in order to look like she was being fair.  It is why Elizabeth left without any goodbye show, she left the same day she was fired. Whereas, Joy got a sendoff show. 

Rachel Campos-Duffy guest hosted the following season. 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, TheView said:

Rachel Campos-Duffy guest hosted the following season. 

Speaking of whom, I've recently read RCD is expecting Baby #9!

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm importing this conversation from the weekly show thread. The conversation began, because most of today's episode of The View was preempted, in my market, for local coverage of a preliminary hearing regarding the upcoming trial of actor Kevin Spacey, who is accused of sexual assault and battery on an 18-year-old man at a Nantucket restaurant or club.

35 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I sympathize with you, but I’m here for a predator being held accountable. 

I hope I never said anything which could indicate that I'm not for predators  being held accountable.

That said, I don't want to watch what was nothing more than sensationalism. They can show the newsworthy moments on this show they have, called "the news."

Local news on this particular channel airs from 4:30am to 7:00am, 12:00pm to 12:30pm, 4:00pm to 6:30pm and 11:00pm to 11:35pm.

This wasn't: there's a gunman on the loose, or a snowpocalypse coming, or a deadly car fire on the interstate news, which people need to know about as it happens.

This was a preliminary hearing at which Spacey didn't have to and wasn't expected to appear.

He must miss the cameras, so they gave him what he wanted -- attention. And the first 10 minutes or so wasn't even the hearing. It was just live footage of him and counsel sitting in court, while a reporter rehashed everything he could think of, because he was put on live to talk about something that hadn't yet happened.  

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I'm importing this conversation from the weekly show thread. The conversation began, because most of today's episode of The View was preempted, in my market, for local coverage of a preliminary hearing regarding the upcoming trial of actor Kevin Spacey, who is accused of sexual assault and battery on an 18-year-old man at a Nantucket restaurant or club.

I hope I never said anything which could indicate that I'm not for predators  being held accountable.

That said, I don't want to watch what was nothing more than sensationalism. They can show the newsworthy moments on this show they have, called "the news."

Local news on this particular channel airs from 4:30am to 7:00am, 12:00pm to 12:30pm, 4:00pm to 6:30pm and 11:00pm to 11:35pm.

This wasn't: there's a gunman on the loose, or a snowpocalypse coming, or a deadly car fire on the interstate news, which people need to know about as it happens.

This was a preliminary hearing at which Spacey didn't have to and wasn't expected to appear.

He must miss the cameras, so they gave him what he wanted -- attention. And the first 10 minutes or so wasn't even the hearing. It was just live footage of him and counsel sitting in court, while a reporter rehashed everything he could think of, because he was put on live to talk about something that hadn't yet happened.  

No!!  I get it. I never meant to imply anything of the sort!!  Sometimes I’m too abrupt in my comments but I blame it on my midwestern plain spoken background. Lol. 

I’m an Anthony Rapp fan who’s happy to see Kevin Spacey get some comeuppance. Please forgive any negative connotation I gave to your quote. 🙏

• Love 6
20 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

No!!  I get it. I never meant to imply anything of the sort!!  Sometimes I’m too abrupt in my comments but I blame it on my midwestern plain spoken background. Lol. 

I’m an Anthony Rapp fan who’s happy to see Kevin Spacey get some comeuppance. Please forgive any negative connotation I gave to your quote. 🙏

No I get it. No problem. I just wanted to make sure it's clear I hope Spacey is held accountable, even though I don't want to watch it.

[self-censored before posting]

And this is both getting me down, and in imminent danger of me going so very political that I'll get the immediate boot, so I'll shut up.

Hey everybody, have some ice cream.History-of-Ice-Cream-1.jpg.7a51cb18f2eed8d24a72c6522c6a84d0.jpg

• Love 8

I have been told I need cataract surgery & have been putting it off...but now that I know Joy did OK with it, I guess I should go ahead & get it done too 🙂  Joy looked glamorous in her big sunglasses.

Buckeye, don't put it off. The difference in your vision is so worth it. (What Joy was trying to say about sepia with one eye vs bright colors with the other.)  There is zero pain and the results are immediate. It's really easy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Buckeye, don't put it off. The difference in your vision is so worth it. (What Joy was trying to say about sepia with one eye vs bright colors with the other.)  There is zero pain and the results are immediate. It's really easy. 

Thanks for the info & encouragement!

• Love 4

I've always had a thing about my eyes. But had lasik surgery about 11 years ago. I think the procedures are very similar. 

I was so scared but it all went smoothly and so happy I did it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Something has puzzled me for quite a while, and perhaps you nice posters can answer this question: John McCain had 7 children, some biological, some adopted. Why haven't any of them, besides Nutmeg, of course, spoken out in defense of their Dad when he is disrespected so much???? Especially during the "move the naval carrier" scandal?  Is she the official spokesperson for the entire family? I just don't get why more of them aren't angry and pushing back against the attacks against their Dad. If this has been discussed before, I apologize for bringing it up again. I  have never seen any statements in defense of John McCain by the rest of his kids. I wonder why????

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I suspect her siblings are living their lives and are not attention hogs like Meghan. Trump says weird, disrespectful things every single day and the best way to deal with him is to ignore him so he moves on to something else. He forgets things he says or tweets immediately.  Meghan's ranting and screeching does nothing to affect how people feel about her father, it just makes her look unhinged and stupid.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Haleth said:

Just saw this in the other thread and I agree 100%.  Blind as a bat most of my life. Had glasses and contacts. Had the surgery with implants. First thing I saw after surgery was a clock on a wall 50 feet away. I couldn't believe I could SEE!!! No glasses. No contacts. I will never forget the sight of that beautiful clock. Go for it!!

• Love 6

I recently had my cataracts done. I viewed the world as sepia too, before it was done. Couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome and the whole process was not traumatic at all 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Something has puzzled me for quite a while, and perhaps you nice posters can answer this question: John McCain had 7 children, some biological, some adopted. Why haven't any of them, besides Nutmeg, of course, spoken out in defense of their Dad when he is disrespected so much???? Especially during the "move the naval carrier" scandal?  Is she the official spokesperson for the entire family? I just don't get why more of them aren't angry and pushing back against the attacks against their Dad. If this has been discussed before, I apologize for bringing it up again. I  have never seen any statements in defense of John McCain by the rest of his kids. I wonder why????

Her brothers probably don’t react publicly because they are in the military.  I know when I worked for the federal government, public outbursts, or, strong public opinions could affect your career.  Better to bite your tongue and scream in private.

• Love 10
On 6/5/2019 at 12:06 PM, mongoose said:

Just saw this in the other thread and I agree 100%.  Blind as a bat most of my life. Had glasses and contacts. Had the surgery with implants. First thing I saw after surgery was a clock on a wall 50 feet away. I couldn't believe I could SEE!!! No glasses. No contacts. I will never forget the sight of that beautiful clock. Go for it!!

Wait!!  Just as easy as it truly is, its a procedure on your EYES so you want to research some. Its not 100%  there can be problems.  I dont quite understand it but something to the effect of his BP so they had to put a band on one eye and let me tell you, it has frecked him up royally. Now take my mom, she went a few months later, in and out, not a single issue. I plan to do it myself in the future.  Just be careful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

Wait!!  Just as easy as it truly is, its a procedure on your EYES so you want to research some. Its not 100%  there can be problems.  I dont quite understand it but something to the effect of his BP so they had to put a band on one eye and let me tell you, it has frecked him up royally. Now take my mom, she went a few months later, in and out, not a single issue. I plan to do it myself in the future.  Just be careful.

This applies to any surgery, too. Everyone has to research and discuss it with their doctor before making any medical decision. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee for the outcome of any surgery. 

• Love 4

So last night I had a dream about Meghan. I had read her tweets last night about her husband. Well in the dream I was watching a news program or something and the were discussing her last tweets. She had died of volcano poisoning.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, SeeMyDaintyPaws said:

Hi everyone! I’m a LONG time lurker and I finally decided to “pull the trigger” and join just so I could talk to all you hilarious people! 

Welcome to the party.  Please join in and tell us how you feel.

• Love 7