Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Kimmy is Bad at Math!

Poor Dong.

I am really enjoying the friendship between Kimmy and Jacqueline.  It is what makes the show for me.  I didn't particularly like Titus in the beginning but I kinda like him when he is hanging around Lilian.  Tutus and Lilian make an fun pair.  

I like Titus, but his singing got on my nerves big time.  It may be the drawback of binge watching, but after like the 10th time he did it, it was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I'm not sure if it's my tv or not, but is Jacqueline very "red"? Even the palms of her hands look red.  I was wondering if it's because she's supposed to be Native American and it's a running joke (or if it's my tv).

I've watched almost all the episodes, and starting with this one the show turned a corner and went from funny and fresh to pretty horrible - the Unbearable Kimmy Schmidt. Somehow it's become too frantic, too chaotic, and tries too hard. I'm not finishing all of these latter episodes and I may drop it from must-view.

I can suspend a lot of disbelief for tv shows, but it seemed ridiculous to me that suddenly Kimmy could figure out how to calculate compound interest (although I totally agree that having a practical application for math does make it easier to understand).

• Love 1

I can suspend a lot of disbelief for tv shows, but it seemed ridiculous to me that suddenly Kimmy could figure out how to calculate compound interest (although I totally agree that having a practical application for math does make it easier to understand).

Considering the kind of comedy it is, I think it is supposed to be ridiculous.

• Love 3

I'm not sure if it's my tv or not, but is Jacqueline very "red"? Even the palms of her hands look red.  I was wondering if it's because she's supposed to be Native American and it's a running joke (or if it's my tv).

I've noticed that too. I just assumed Krakowski has a bit of a skin condition or has overtanned or something.

When I first watched this episode I got so angry in the beginning because I knew the Friends fountain wasn't really in New York and how dare Tina Fey betray me by spreading such false information, so I was really glad when it was resolved. Lol. "Six White Complainers."

Dong is such a sweetie pie.

Great dual piece of social commentary with people being less afraid of a werewolf than a black man coinciding with the whole gentrification thing.

I noticed JK is a little red too. In either this episode or the previous one, someone touches her on the arm and when they take their hand away, there's a quick patch of white, like when you press down on sunburn. Also, her eyes looked green this episode. I thought they were blue? Please tell me I'm not going crazy.

I love how the Kimmy/Jacqueline friendship is evolving.

Titus getting better treatment from people, cops, etc. dressed as a werewolf was hilarious, and yet sadly kind of accurate I suspect. The end with the yuppies thinking he was Samuel L. Jackson was a great call-back to his line earlier about that.

Glad they finally brought Jacqueline in on the whole "Kimmy is one of the Mole Women" thing, so that should open up some interesting story-lines.  Also her going through with the divorce too.

Figured they were heading towards some kind of thing with Kimmy, Logan, and Dong. Not sure what to think, since I kind of enjoy both Logan and Dong in their own ways.  Kimmy though, is awesome no matter what guy she's with.