Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I wonder who the guy sitting next to Jane is.  Could it be a body double for Finn because it doesn't look like any of the past cast to me?  Honestly I hope not. I would rather they just end include his plaque instead of having a body double for him.  Maybe it will be both.

Edited by camussie

Given the way Naya, Heather and Harry all tweeted/Instagrammed about episode 8, etc., it seems like they had no idea they would be in the finale, meaning Murphy et al. must have hit upon the seemingly obvious idea of a big closing number with everyone at the last minute.  Yeesh.

• Love 2

Yeah he does.  One thing about Cory/Finn is that he pretty much towered over everyone in that cast.  It was never as obvious as in the group numbers.  They used boxes in some one on one scenes but not so much in the group numbers

Edited by camussie

There were many a shot they didn't.  The camera operators got more adept as time went on  but there was many a s1 duet scene where they would do a close-up on Rachel and Finn's head would be cut off or do a close up on Finn and we would only see the top of Rachel's scalp.  

As for one on one scenes in the "Bow bridge" scenes Lea stood on a box.

It's Glee. I never assume continuity of any sort is a limiting factor.

True but usually casting calls for body doubles are pretty specific about things like height and build.  

Edited by camussie

There were many a shot they didn't.  The camera operators got more adept as time went on  but there was many a s1 duet scene where they would do a close-up on Rachel and Finn's head would be cut off or do a close up on Finn and we would only see the top of Rachel's scalp.  

As for one on one scenes in the "Bow bridge" scenes Lea stood on a box.

True but usually casting calls for body doubles are pretty specific about things like height and build.  

tumblr_nk0tiuZ1Df1rphoexo6_400.jpg

ETA: Hopefully, Walter isn't Kurt's date to the Brittana wedding and he gets ditched there! But the guy is pretty easy-going so--before or after Kurt decides on an impromptu, quicky wedding to Blaine--he'll probably take it as smoothly as Karofsky.

Or they'll go the Adam Crawford route and have Kurt say something like that they were just friends and nothing ever really happened between him and Walter, but people just "liked the idea" of them being together.

Because it makes total sense that a 50+ man like Walter would be perfectly fine with dating for weeks without them having any sexy times.

I doubt it will take more than one sentence to get rid of Walter off-screen. Let's try to forget that Kurt was still in another relationship the same week he gets married to his soulmate (and Blaine only broke up with Dave only a few days before that). But endgame 4evva!!1!11!

So the show makes this huge deal about Rachel coming back to coach ND, with Kurt the nominal and marginalized "co director" , just to have Rachel bail and not even be with them as they get back to Nationals?

Kurt takes them to Nationals glory while Rachel heads back to BW.

So Kurt will probably end up as the only coach responsible for the new ND while Rachel bails them and is back either at NYADA or Broadway (or both, ugh). The same Kurt who Rachel didn't even trust to coach ND for 2 days alone while she was away to audition again, and who's work for ND Mercedes dismissed when she was too busy propping up Rachel.

Calling it: the new noobs winning Nationals will be Kurt's big career triumph at the end of 6 seasons of Glee, which would be a typical Kurt storyline: him being supportive and helping someone else get a win while he himself doesn't even get to sing.

But sure, I'm not bitter.

There's a spoiler that Nationals will be the current ND, and  hopefully (as unrealistic as it is) it will be Nationals this year, when Kurt gets credits from NYADA coaching the glee club. He did mention that his internship would last a year, so him being there for new ND's Nationals win would at least not pin him down in Lima permanently. He can still go back to NYADA next school year and graduate (off-screen of course).

-ETA-

Having so many of the cast back for one last big group song sounds wonderful. Finally something I can look forward to!

Edited by Glorfindel

Having so many of the cast back for one last big group song sounds wonderful. Finally something I can look forward to!

I like the idea of one last big group number to close down the show, but I hope it's not actually any kind of reunion of them all at McKinley. The vast majority of them need to never set foot in that high school again. They've been hanging around there way too much to even pretend to be growing into the kind of functional adults I want to see them become. Let go of high school! It's a very small portion of your total life. It hardly matters at all once you have any other degree or any decent job to put on your resume.

• Love 1
Because it makes total sense that a 50+ man like Walter would be perfectly fine with dating for weeks without them having any sexy times.

It may just be me, but would that be such a bad thing because does anyone really want to imagine Kurt having "sexy times" with Walter anyway? I mean Kurt and Adam - hell yeah but him and Walter, no. Of course again, that just might be me, who is still traumatized by seeing Harry Hamlin in very explicit sex scenes with 18 year old Cameron Monaghan on Shameless. 

It's not a matter of if we want to think about it. It's a matter of if it's plausible that a grown ass man FINALLY decloseted would platonically date a hot young thing for however long without getting anything out of it. Generally that's a giant no. Either they've been getting busy, Walter's really messed up by the whole wife/kids thing, or the timeline's even more screwed than we realized and it's only been a week or two. Choose your poison. I suspect most everybody is going with pretend this never happened as much as possible because of severe ick.

ETA: I'm not sure Blaine would be terrible in bed. He seems overeager to please and loves to get positive feedback. He also seems hyper. That sort of thing can be channeled fairly well sexually speaking. It's the rest of the time it gets old fast.

Edited by ComfySweater
  • Love 2

Wasn't Kurt speed-dating or at least not sitting around pining for Blaine in the first few months after they broke up? After all he left Blaine and Blaine was the one who crashed and burned out of NYADA so I imagine Kurt was probably living his life, including maybe hooking up with a guy or two in that time.

After all, Previously Unaired Christmas showed he clearly isn't against casual sex. Not to mention his hooking up with Blaine when they were broken up during Emma and Will's aborted wedding weekend. So I wouldn't assume he's been celibate since he and Blaine broke up and even before he met Walter.

It's not a matter of if we want to think about it. It's a matter of if it's plausible that a grown ass man FINALLY decloseted would platonically date a hot young thing for however long without getting anything out of it. Generally that's a giant no.

Well yeah I'm aware of the point...I was being facetious. Well not entirely because I really do not want to mentally imagine Kurt and Walter naked together.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Kurt grew out of his "baby penguin" stage a long time ago. There's absolutely no reason to believe that he hasn't had a few sexual partners besides Blaine along the way.

Jeeze, I hope so. How depressing would it be if he died only having had sex with Blaine. Bad enough that they're saddled together for life. 

• Love 2
Well yeah I'm aware of the point...I was being facetious. Well not entirely because I really do not want to mentally imagine Kurt and Walter naked together.

I do think this is some of the point of Walter (and Dave). They wanted easily disposable interim love interests they could ditch at a moment's notice without much fan consequence. I guess they did manage that, but at what cost? Both would have been better off with new, cute college guys who have to exist even in the Ohio college scene. There are too many huge colleges with LGBT organizations in driving distance for that to not be completely plausible without resorting to people with histories of bullying them both or having kids their ages. It came off looking like both guys are bad at dating like normal 20-somethings instead of meant to be with each other. The wedding just looks desperate. There are other options out there that aren't nearly this screwed up.  They created a heck of a false choice here.

• Love 2

The whole Walter storyline just makes me really uncomfortable. In typical Glee fashion, they took something that could have potentially worked - Walter and Kurt both accidentally being set up, realising their respective ages and deciding to date anyways - and made it creepy as hell, with Walter actively duping Kurt into going out with him and then guilting/charming him into being his hot young boytoy, while he figures out his family stuff. I mean, for a guy who spun the sad tale about his kids, he certainly isn't making sure those imaginary kids are at all comfortable with his sexuality by going after someone their age at his first try out.

• Love 1

Per this picture they all seem to be in some sort of costume.  That leads me to believe it is the characters performing versus breaking the 4th wall and it being the actors.  

Darn, not what I wanted. It's so pathetic to see everyone always coming back to their high school.

Ah well, at least we'll be getting that big group number.

What if Rachel winning a Tony is not 7 years in the future? We assume there's this one big flashforward of 7 years for everyone, but there are already spoilers for multiple flashforwards. Nationals is most likely this school year (so end of Spring 2015) as the new noobs are there, and the 7 years flashforward was IIRC only confirmed for Will's storyline (as Daniel Finn will be 7 then).

So, what if Nationals and Rachel winning a Tony are taking place at the same time? It would explain Kurt not being there for the awards show, and also Rachel thanking him in her speech but not also Blaine (which I would have expected from the writers). She could specifically thank Kurt for coaching ND at Nationals while she wins a Tony.

That would mean that Rachel gets 2 chances back in New York (NYADA and a Broadway show) within half a year after her quitting Funny Girl, and wins a Tony within the year after. Nothing would surprise me anymore tbh.

There's a spoiler that Nationals will be the current ND, and  hopefully (as unrealistic as it is) it will be Nationals this year, when Kurt gets credits from NYADA coaching the glee club. He did mention that his internship would last a year, so him being there for new ND's Nationals win would at least not pin him down in Lima permanently. He can still go back to NYADA next school year and graduate (off-screen of course).

I don't remember clearly but wasn't Spencer a senior - if so, it must be current Nationals, not future. 

I don't remember clearly but wasn't Spencer a senior - if so, it must be current Nationals, not future. 

Kitty definitely is, she was a sophomore in season 4. 

You know the thing I find unbelievable about Rachel winning a Tony. I don't believe that the theatre community would ever accept her after Funny Girl. She might get a role, but I don't buy her being accepted by her peers.

I don't think their being in costume precludes it being an out of context number.

I think it precludes it being a number where the 4th wall is broken i.e. they will be performing as the characters not themselves.  I think it also means there is some sort of framing around it so that they all are in Lima even if the number itself is out of context.  I just hope they all aren't there because it is some sort of "Rachel Berry day" based on her winning the Tony.  Hopefully it is just some random reunion.  

Edited by camussie

You know the thing I find unbelievable about Rachel winning a Tony. I don't believe that the theatre community would ever accept her after Funny Girl. She might get a role, but I don't buy her being accepted by her peers.

I certainly see the logic of it, but without knowing much anecdotal B'way history, I should think there have been cases like this and they've gotten comebacks. 

I think it precludes it being a number where the 4th wall is broken i.e. they will be performing as the characters not themselves.  I think it also means there is some sort of framing around it so that they all are in Lima even if the number itself is out of context.  I just hope they all aren't there because it is some sort of "Rachel Berry day" based on her winning the Tony.  Hopefully it is just some random reunion.  

So the mystery is if this is going to end being in "2009" or in 613 ? 

Edited by fakeempress

I don't think their being in costume precludes it being an out of context number.

I just hope Mark is in it and not that damned uniform.

Plus, what would someone like Terri be doing there if it's not an out of context number?

So the mystery is if this is going to end in "2009" or in 613 ?

Yes.  Right now the Fox media site lists "2009" as the last episode with "Dreams Come True" coming right before it but nothing has been released yet.  It makes little sense to me that they would show everyone's dreams coming true and then go back to "2009" and then end with a group number (which we know is the last scene).  If they do it in that order my spec is that Rachel goes back home for some sort of celebration after winning her Tony, reflects on where it all started, and connected to that there is some sort of group number whether it is people actually performing or whether it is Rachel's thoughts as she reflects on what got her to this point (or something like that).  

Edited by camussie

I think it precludes it being a number where the 4th wall is broken i.e. they will be performing as the characters not themselves.

Well, I'd want them to be performing as the characters not themselves, but it could still be an out of context number the way "The Scientist" and "Seasons of Love" were. More in the line of what often goes on in a traditional musical. There aren't any other scenes with those characters besides this one, so I don't see where they could provide a context for them all being there, and especially not all the adults and such.

Yes.  Right now the Fox media site lists "2009" as the last episode with "Dreams Come True" coming right before it but nothing has been released yet.  It makes little sense to me that they would show everyone's dreams coming true and then go back to "2009" and then end with a group number (which we know is the last scene).  If they do it in that order my spec is that Rachel goes back home for some sort of celebration after winning her Tony, reflects on where it all started, and connected to that there is some sort of group number whether it be people actually performing or whether it be Rachel's thoughts as she reflects on what got her to this point.  

Yeah, 2009 as a finale is a wtf thought, even with a present day framing of some sort inside. But the whole idea of 2009 is wtf period. I see no use whatsoever to revisit the past for the 1,000-th time. It's not as if they aren't stuck in a perpetual Groundhog Day scenario and can't escape MKH as it is. 

Edited by fakeempress

and connected to that there is some sort of group number whether it be people actually performing or whether it is Rachel's thoughts as she reflects on what got her to this point (or something like that).  

I could see it. In Glee world everybody props up Rachel and tells her how talented and deserving of everything she is no matter what shit she pulls along the way. Why not have a final everybody sings at Rachel because she's just that perfect a talent who should have everything ever and a bag of chips? Seems more than plausible. It takes a village to make Rachel a star in spite of herself.

Edited by ComfySweater
  • Love 2

Yeah, 2009 as a finale is a wtf thought, even with a present day framing of some sort inside. But the whole idea of 2009 is wtf period. I see no use whatsoever to revisit the past for the 1,000-th time. It's not as if they aren't stuck in a perpetual Groundhog Day scenario and can't escape MKH as it is. 

Apparently 2009 is to explain why the originals joined glee club. Maybe it's just me, but I thought we already knew that. 

• Love 1

What I think would work best is if "Dreams Come True" is the last episode.  Rachel wins her Tony, gives her speech, and then gets a faraway look in her eyes and we fade into the last group number which represents Rachel reflecting on everything that got her to that point.  It would be out of context/a fantasy but I am absolutely fine with that. 

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

What probably would work best is if "Dreams Come True" is the last episode.  Rachel wins her Tony, gives her speech, and then gets a faraway look in her eyes and we fade into the last group number which represents Rachel reflecting on everything that got her to that point.  It would be out of context/a fantasy but I am absolutely fine with that. 

Yeah I've no intentions of watching Rachel get a Tony, so what comes before it is irrelevant for me. 

I would assume so since others far less important than Beiste seem to be a part of it.  Beyond that it seems like that is the only thing they may be filming today.

Edited by camussie

I would assume so since others far less important than Beiste seem to be a part of it.  Beyond that it seems like that is the only thing they may be filming today.

The Sheldon makeup may be more time consuming than most. Dot could be tied up in makeup.