Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I don't think Sam/Rachel can be compared to Will/Emma. The latter were set-up in the " Pilot" with Terri as the roadblock. The former had a few moments last season, but Sam/Mercedes were actually treated as the endgame couple. Will/Emma had a lot of build-up even though they officially got together a bit too soon since Will had just left Terri. Sam/Rachel never looked at each other for 4.5 seasons and now we're supposed to believe they're " soulmates."

• Love 6

It's Glee, they don't use logic on this show. After 6 years you think some would catch on by now.

So then maybe you shouldn't have bothered asking if something made sense in regards to Glee? There is a significant difference between being a coach and being a teacher. Even in Glee, teachers should have the proper credentials--even if it turns out Sam got his teaching certificate online by submitting his modeling photos. His junk on the side of a bus is mighty impressive after all. But yes, it's Glee, so Lord Tubbington probably does take videos of Brittany in the shower and educators need not be educated.

I am all for arts education but the school is just not that into you glee club.

All of this. Over six years at this school which looks like it has several hundred people at it only twenty eight* people have ever join glee club. It's just not a thing at this school.

*I'm bored, I counted.

Edited by jtrattray

So, different glee clubs from different schools can merge and keep their individual identities, and that's acceptable for competition? If the rules are OK with that, I would have rathered they found a loophole allowing alumni members to perform. I mean, there's enough of them at and near McKinley (at the drop of a hat) that they could easily fill the remaining spots necessary to compete. Will could relive his high school experience, Blaine could join his friends again (because he's been so separated from the action being all the way over at Dalton so far this season!...NOT), Kurt might FINALLY get some focus during a competition song, and the way these guys keep coming back to their high school after graduating, the New Directions will never have to worry about having enough members again! But, no, apparently the Warblers are as much a part of Glee as New Directions now, so Blaine, Rachel, and Kurt can jump for joy at their winning team(s). Maybe by then, Will will be a co-director, too. (Sorry, I've never been a Warblers fan, so the less of them the better. But alas...)

• Love 6

And never leaving the stage, even if someone collapses.

Heck, collapsing is nothing.   "Do you know what happens  in Vocal Adrenaline if someone dies in a performance? "

When that happens, you just use the body as a prop.

I miss Jesse St. James.  Speaking of which, there have been no sightings of Jonathan Groff on set yet. So either:

1) He's filmed them secretly and separately, which would throw the idea that he comes back to coach VA in doubt (as they are already doing Sectionals filming with VA) and it becomes more probable that he is a judge at Sectionals or is cast in the play that Rachel will likely land in the finale.

or

2) Jonathan's mom was misunderstood or fibbed when she said Jon was heading out to do Glee.

Well this is the same show that had Will be a spanish teacher and win teacher of the year twice despite not knowing a single word of the language.

Or rather the same show that ignored the times Will taught Spanish where he spoke the language quite well. I digress though. 

• Love 3

Twitter:

allie @comeonsebastian

[glee spoiler] the Warblers and New Directions are merged for Sectionals but they still keep their names I believe

Da Fuck?

They really couldn't just pull the random cheerios trick again? The band? Bring back Jake, Marley, Ryder, Unique (whatever, Melissa is definitely onto better things)? 

Even for them, this is lazy.

I never go the Warbler love either.  I remember people talking about them as if they were well drawn out characters and I could never remember a thier names nor did I tried to remember thier names knowing they would never get focus any way so why bother.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

All about that bass from 6x7.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6465706/glee-all-about-that-bass-exclusive-premiere

rumored Song list for Child Star.

Glee: The Music, Child Star

I’m Coming Out (Glee Cast Version)
    Proud (Glee Cast Version)
    Break Free (Glee Cast Version)
    I Want To Break Free (Glee Cast Version)
    Uptown Funk (Glee Cast Version)

http://gleeuhqs.tumblr.com/post/110545025798/glee-the-music-child-star-im-coming-out-glee

Edited by tom87

All About That Bass is such a waste of Mercedes, and really insulting to have Amber sing it, but at least Roderick manages to not sound like someone's skewering his nuts on this one.

I hope I'm Coming Out is Rachel, she could really do it justice.

I know it a vain hope, but please let the others just be backing Jane on Uptown Funk.

All About That Bass is such a waste of Mercedes, and really insulting to have Amber sing it, but at least Roderick manages to not sound like someone's skewering his nuts on this one.

I hope I'm Coming Out is Rachel, she could really do it justice.

I know it a vain hope, but please let the others just be backing Jane on Uptown Funk.

I don't think she has that one because she is rumored to be doing break free with some others  rumor Bieste,Sam and Will??

Possibly connected to this picture.

tumblr_njgfp6ZSsD1sux0zio1_500.jpg

http://overstreet-chordpaul.tumblr.com/post/110434540014/will-tries-to-teach-rachel-sam-coach-sheldon

Edited by tom87

I find the original AATB to be almost unbearable, but I found this version to be more fun than obnoxious.  Then again, Mercedes and Roderick can actually sing. I guess that makes a difference.

Hmm, I wouldn't go as far as 'can sing' with Roderick

The actor who plays Myron( the kid who's having the Bar Mitzvah) recorded for this episode, so one of the songs is probably him.

Because with three episodes left I'm sure the dozen viewers left really wanna hear from a kid they've never seen before or will again.

• Love 2

Here is what has been reported as far as who is singing what in "Child Star" (610 in production, 609 in airing)

• I Want To Break Free (Queen) - Mason
  • Break Free (Ariana Grande & Zedd) - Rachel, Beiste (Will, Sam, New Directions in the number)
  • Uptown Funk (Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars) - The New Directions

That leads Proud and I want to Break Free.  Myron (the child star) is singing on one song.  Could be one of the three above but I would guess it is one of the other two.

Pride is definitely Spencer's solo and I'm Coming Out is probably Myron's number from the stills.

I thought Uptown Funk was the number with the blue sparkle outfits which also has Will, Sam, Beiste, Rachel, and Sue.

Edited by Hookian
Hmm, I wouldn't go as far as 'can sing' with Roderick

Awww. I think you're being too hard on him.  I don't think he's a bad singer.  I just disagree with the type of singer the show says he is.

The character description widely circulated for Roderick was this: RODERICK | Chubby and shy with a voice like Otis Redding, his looks don’t match with his talent. Described as, “a true goober.” He’s the show’s new underdog.

Well, Otis Redding he ain't. Roderick's voice doesn't match that description AT ALL.  Still, I don't mind him as long as they keep him away from Old School R&B, and I think he did a good job on AATB.

• Love 1
Pride is definitely Spencer's solo

Is there a source?

Well, Otis Redding he ain't. Roderick's voice doesn't match that description AT ALL.

He's OK, he's just not a particularly soulful singer or has any grit/rawness in his delivery like alot of soul/RB singers have.   Again, that Ottis Redding comparison...

Is there a source?

He's OK, he's just not a particularly soulful singer or has any grit/rawness in his delivery like alot of soul/RB singers have.   Again, that Ottis Redding comparison...

Spencer has a solo in the episode you can tell from the stills. Same w/ Myron. He has a performance that's one of the first things in the episode so I'm Coming Out would absolutely be his song. Based on the song list order.

Pride also just screams Spencer.

Edited by Hookian

He's OK, he's just not a particularly soulful singer or has any grit/rawness in his delivery like alot of soul/RB singers have. Again, that Ottis Redding comparison...

Unless they meant the way Otis Redding's skeleton currently sounds?! ;)

He can hit notes but there's just nothing. No power, no emotion. I'd rather listen to someone who can make me believe what they're singing even if they don't have the perfect vocal.

The problem with all the newbies except Jane is they not as good as who's not singing (the old newbies and the binned originals, I'd even add Kevin and Chris). Do every song they sing I'm wishing it was someone else... I mean Mark Salling would've killed Father Figure, it Must've Been Love would've been much better with Becca and Blake. Anyone could've done All Out of Love better than the incest twins, Harry and Jenna would've been my preference.

Pride is definitely Spencer's solo and I'm Coming Out is probably Myron's number from the stills.

I thought Uptown Funk was the number with the

blue sparkle outfits which also has Will, Sam,

Beiste, Rachel, and Sue.

" Break Free" is the number with the sparkly outfits

tumblr_njivgq99iA1r4ezfzo1_1280.jpg

So a picture from filming today.

So if Warblers and ND did merge why the need for a whole episode to getting the Bar Mitzvah boy to join?   The Warbles get them thier numbers?

Edited by tom87

What exactly is the point of having New Directions and the Warblers "merge" ?  That Hummelberry couldn't manage enough recruits on their own, that the no name Warblers are now as important  A  choir as ND for SL purposes,  or that Ryan doesn't give a shit other than satisfying his hard on for Prep School uniforms?

• Love 1

They did this story for publicity and they are getting it.

I agree.  But as far as how much PR they get this isn't proof yet, they have  given ET a sneak peak or scene every episode this season.

That's good that Amber's recording even though it's probably for a group number. She has not been in the studio in a while. When was the last time? I think it was before they were filming 2009.

Edited by Hookian

That's good that Amber's recording even though it's probably for a group number. She has not been in the studio in a while. When was the last time? I think it was when they were filming 2009.

Why wouldn't she have a solo?

Why wouldn't she have a solo?

Well at this point I think the only person guaranteed to have a solo in the finale is Rachel. Anybody else is fair game. I do think that she's definitely in a group number though because they've gotta have Amber belting. 

She is recording her last session. Alex posted a pic.

BTW ND's is singing Take Me to Church, Chandelier, and Come Sail Away at Sectionals.

They're videos on fyeahgleeclub of the performances.

Edited by Hookian