Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I saw Jenna saying on Instagram the other day sappy she was learning lines. Is it wrong my first thought was 'oh I hope it's not for Glee'?

ND's also lost because 2 members made out on stage during a number as well.

That was nationals, they never lost sectionals.

I saw Jenna saying on Instagram the other day sappy she was learning lines. Is it wrong my first thought was 'oh I hope it's not for Glee'?

That was nationals, they never lost sectionals.

Oh I'm sorry I read the question wrong, I apologize. I thought you meant ND's losing in general.

I was watching My Life Would Suck Without You after the kids win Sectionals then Will runs after Emma. A repeat of that would be fine but with Rachel running after Jesse then leaving with him.

I would think it would be more Sam running after Rachel but yeah.

I would think it would be more Sam running after Rachel but yeah.

That would be an awful, awful ending. Rachel ending up with him is a total disservice to the character. She deserves a man who won't weigh her down.

• Love 3

"Baby It's You" from this upcoming episode was released. It's sung by Amber and she sounds gorgeous (as usual). I like these Burt Bacharach songs. I'm familiar with/have heard most of them but I don't know that I've head "Baby It's You" before. It's nice.

Nothing to potentially read into that song/singer choice at all...

Well considering it's the 2nd number in the episode what does Glee usually do when it comes to tribute weeks? They showcase a first example of the theme. That's probably the sequence. It's the girls showcasing the Bacharach theme to the Glee Club. Mercedes sounds amazing as well.

Edited by Hookian

For spoilers none of us are surprised about.  Brittany's parents are as dumb as her and Mercedes is a living breathing trope.  Next week she sings a pseudo woman's empowerment song because she "don't need no man."

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Did I miss something? I looked at the ET story. Where did it say Mercedes gives her blessing to Sam and Mercedes. i mean, I'm sure she will, because this show sucks, and of course they will have the black girl, be the supportive friend and encourage one of her other friends to date the guy she was in love with. (mercedes don't need no man!) I have no doubt this show would do that, but I did I missed where that was confirmed somewhere?

Lea says it in the sneak peek video. It's not in the story, you have to watch the video.

There's an awkward little love triangle between Mercedes, Sam, and Rachel and eventually Mercedes gives her blessing.

Edited by Hookian

Yep.  I guess I should be glad they might have her bothered for all of a minute.  Instead I wish they had her say to both Sam/Rachel this bothers me but  I am not going to stand in your way.  She doesn't need to go as far as to give them her blessing i.e. support it. Glee doesn't seem to get there is a difference between being supportive and not hindering.  Beyond that I am sure her blessing will be OTT because Glee is nothing if not handy with the anvils, especially this season.

Edited by camussie

yeeah I'm so excited!!!! Mercedes gets to be a racial trope!!!! Welp, super. Sam and Rachel can go be dumb together. 

Is anybody surprise by this ? I think anyone who was surprise by this is because they were hopping against hope that the writers would do better by Mercedes. 

• Love 1

Yep.  I guess I should be glad they might have her bothered for all of a minute.  Instead I wish they had her say to both Sam/Rachel this bothers me but  I am not going to stand in your way.  She doesn't need to go as far as to give them her blessing i.e. support it. Glee doesn't seem to get there is a difference between being supportive and not hindering.  

Well I think they want her to give her blessing because they want to be honest with the Samcedes fans. Like they basically don't want to drag them all season with hopes that they will get together when the writers know they won't. So they do this now to nip it in the bud basically. At least now Samcedes fans can't say that they were baited. BC the writers are being honest with them and ever since Falchuk's tweet to a Samcedes fans I felt this was exactly what was happening.

You know what would have not baited Sam/Mercedes fans?  Not revisting them last season in the first place if they were planning on trying Sam/Rachel this season.  They were DONE.  Nothing left to resolve and then because Sam apparently can't go more than one or two episodes without having a love interest they went back to them to kill time before doing Finn lite/Rachel this season.  

I don't give a dang what people think they know because of Brad's tweet.  I care that this is a sucky set up all around that does none of the characters, alive or dead, any favors.  It is almost like they wrote the entire story to tick off as many of their far too few remaining viewers as possible.  From doubling down on the Finn lite aspect (because apparently everyone is special and irreplaceable but straight white boy singing jocks) to using Mercedes as an annoying trope to setting up some sort of story whether the ending possibilities include revisiting an iconic Finn/Rachel scene (the train station) in some form or giving Sam/Rachel the ending that many Finn/Rachel fans wanted for them, yet were told they never were going to get, it all seems designed as one big "screw you" to everyone but Sam and Sam/Rachel fans.  

All of that said I doubt if Mercedes giving her blessing is about appeasing Sam/Mercedes fans.  It is about clearing the decks so no one can say Rachel/Sam did Mercedes wrong.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 5

Mercedes was always gonna give her blessing, she said it in the s5 finale, if she believes Sam has real romantic feeling for Rachel (and we know he doesn't) she will put on a brave front.  The Sam still from ep7 indicates he is still torn.

Well I think they want her to give her blessing because they want to be honest with the Samcedes fans. Like they basically don't want to drag them all season with hopes that they will get together when the writers know they won't. So they do this now to nip it in the bud basically. At least now Samcedes fans can't say that they were baited. BC the writers are being honest with them and ever since Falchuk's tweet to a Samcedes fans I felt this was exactly what was happening.

It's nothing to do with Samcedes fans not being baited. One, this show loves to bait shippers. Two, this is happening because this show can't write women of colour and has to make the straight white man the hero.

• Love 2

Mercedes was always gonna give her blessing, she said it in the s5 finale, if she believes Sam has real romantic feeling for Rachel (and we know he doesn't) she will put on a brave front.  The Sam still from ep7 indicates he is still torn.

Sam is no longer hypnotized so anything he does from this point is 100% gonna be Sam. 

The Sam still from episode 7 is the same episode where the romantic tension between him and Rachel boils over, I highly doubt Mercedes will be an issue by this point.

Mercedes and Sam will share a scene in 6 and it will give them closure and sink Samcedes. I can't imagine Mercedes will only talk to Rachel and give her blessing to her, she's gonna talk to Sam as well and that's where the closure  and resolution will come in.

Sam's not gonna pursue Rachel completely which is indicated in 7 if he knows it may hurt Mercedes, he's a good guy.

whether the ending possibilities include revisiting an iconic Finn/Rachel scene (the train station) in some form or giving Sam/Rachel the ending that many Finn/Rachel fans wanted for them it all seems designed as one big "screw you" to everyone but Sam and Sam/Rachel fans.

Or have them go long distance or Sam gets a head coaching position in New York(thanks to beiste).

Edited by Hookian

LOL the writers wanting to be honest with the fans and not bait them, that was a laugh.

I KNOW, lol. I was wondering which writers are we talking about because it can't be the Glee writers, who spent episode after episode baiting, insulting or shitting on fans, even in this last season. I really don't think they see Samcedes fans as more important than others fans of the show. In fact, I think they see Samcedes fans as less because they are not as loud about what they want as most of the other fans. 

• Love 1

Well, if Rachel ends up with Sam as endgame at least nobody can complain she got the unrealistic fairytale ending! I mean, Broadway success or not, she might actually be saddled with the blander, dumber version of her dead first love for the rest of her life. If that's not sad, I don't know what is. Except for that bachelorette party discussion you know would be had, where all the Glee girls compare how Sam kissed and declared his love for them.

It sure looks great that this show is so obsessed with everyone ending up with a high school love interest, except for the black girl, who don't need no man. Obviously.

• Love 3
Mercedes was always gonna give her blessing, she said it in the s5 finale, if she believes Sam has real romantic feeling for Rachel (and we know he doesn't) she will put on a brave front.

I think Mercedes saying in abstract she would give her blessing about some unnamed girl is much different than her doing it in practice considering the girl is Rachel, someone who encouraged her to end things with Sam.  As for Sam's feelings, whether I like it or not, he apparently has some for Rachel.  I thought I would see indications of that in these past two episodes when he has been hypnotized but I didn't so add that to this being a sucky set-up for the story.

• Love 1

Sam is no longer hypnotized so anything he does from this point is 100% gonna be Sam. 

The Sam still from episode 7 is the same episode where the romantic tension between him and Rachel boils over, I highly doubt Mercedes will be an issue by this point.

Mercedes and Sam will share a scene in 6 and it will give them closure and sink Samcedes. I can't imagine Mercedes will only talk to Rachel and give her blessing to her, she's gonna talk to Sam as well and that's where the closure  and resolution will come in.

Sam's not gonna pursue Rachel completely which is indicated in 7 if he knows it may hurt Mercedes, he's a good guy.

And the same eleventy billion viewers who had no interest seeing Rachel paired with Sam will not care the same amount that they never cared before.

It's Glee.

• Love 2

Yep.  I guess I should be glad they might have her bothered for all of a minute.  Instead I wish they had her say to both Sam/Rachel this bothers me but  I am not going to stand in your way.  She doesn't need to go as far as to give them her blessing i.e. support it. Glee doesn't seem to get there is a difference between being supportive and not hindering.

Well, then that would require for Mercedes to have actual feelings and emotions. Can't have that. You know black women don't have their own feelings and emotions. And if they do, they must suppress them for the sake of those around them. And if they want to make Rachel and Sam true love they have to act like whatever came before was no big deal. It wouldn't look good to have their leading lady ride off into the sunset with the guy her friend was in love with and only broke up with due to circumstances. Nope, they have to have Mercedes stand up and say, "Me and Sam? Oh that was nothing! I want you to be happy Rachel. Go forth and multiply with my blessings".

I will say it again. There is a reason why shows like Scandal and Empire and How To Get Away With Murder have taken off. They all have their problems story wise, believe me I know. But African-American women are just thrilled to see ourselves on TV and getting to experience all of the messy and  glorious life experiences and have some sort of agency. Olivia is a hot A-Mess, but she isn't the prop to anyone's story.

I know Mercedes is not a major character, but that is no excuse for them to have used her the way they have. She could have said, "You know what, I know you don't need my permission and you can do what you want, but I have to be honest and say, I would be really hurt if you and Sam started dating. Obviously I can't or won't stand in the way, but I also don't think it is something I can be around to watch." And then hopefully she will hightail it back to wherever to record her next album and pour all of her feelings into it and win a Grammy like Adele! And if Sam and Rachel were true adults, they would understand and respect that. You can't always have everything. Being together may mean not having Mercedes in their life. Maybe they think it is worth it and she isn't important enough to them to give up what they have. If Sam and Rachel don't have to consider Mercedes feelings, then why should she consider their feelings? I wouldn't blame her one bit, if she was like, "You know what? Imma sit this one out. Peace!"  But nope. Mercedes will be all gung ho!

And this has nothing to do with them caring anything about Samcedes shippers or any other shippers. They could care less. If they wanted to kill Samcedes they could have left it dead where it was at the end of Season 3. It was already dead. This is about them making up story as they go along. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 10

It sure looks great that this show is so obsessed with everyone ending up with a high school love interest, except for the black girl, who don't need no man. Obviously.

Well it looks like they're gonna shit all over Tike so apparently only white people get their high school sweetheart. Except Santana who'd marrying a white girl!

How do you know this ?

The day before they filmed this number, Amber tweeted that the next day she as filming a musical number all day and night.  Also Stacey from the Glee Forum posted a pic from a crew member of the stage set up of 5 chairs for that number, and said Lea, Amber, Chord, Heather, and Nay would be the only ones filming that day, its probably Sam dream or thinking LMAO

And the same eleventy billion viewers who had no interest seeing Rachel paired with Sam will not care the same amount that they never cared before.

It's Glee.

Eleventy billion? Nope. Not even slightly. We're southward of four million and nobody cares.

I KNOW, lol. I was wondering which writers are we talking about because it can't be the Glee writers, who spent episode after episode baiting, insulting or shitting on fans, even in this last season. I really don't think they see Samcedes fans as more important than others fans of the show. In fact, I think they see Samcedes fans as less because they are not as loud about what they want as most of the other fans. 

Falchuk specifically tweeted a Samcedes fan asking if Samcedes would find happiness together with "they are and will end up very happy", minus the together. It was not subtle. There was probably a reason for that and this is it.

The day before they filmed this number, Amber tweeted that the next day she as filming a musical number all day and night. Also Stacey from the Glee Forum posted a pic from a crew member of the stage set up of 5 chairs for that number, and said Lea, Amber, Chord, Heather, and Nay would be the only ones filming that day, its probably Sam dream or thinking LMAO

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That sounds awful even its a Sam delusion.

The day before they filmed this number, Amber tweeted that the next day she as filming a musical number all day and night.  Also Stacey from the Glee Forum posted a pic from a crew member of the stage set up of 5 chairs for that number, and said Lea, Amber, Chord, Heather, and Nay would be the only ones filming that day, its probably Sam dream or thinking LMAO

That's not a number with them. That was talking about Baby it's You and Sam's solo in the locker room.

Eleventy billion? Nope. Not even slightly. We're southward of four million and nobody cares.

Oh I know viewership has plummeted, but I'd still put the number of people who have no interest in a Rachel/Sam pairing at around eleventy billion.

• Love 5
Falchuk specifically tweeted a Samcedes fan asking if Samcedes would find happiness together with "they are and will end up very happy", minus the together. It was not subtle. There was probably a reason for that and this is it.

You seem to be reading a lot into the Tweet and scene.  This show does not give a dang about baiting fans.  In fact they thrive on it, especially this season.  The more obvious conclusion is that they are simply clearing the decks for Sam/Rachel so that there is a lot less room to question their actions.  After all if Mercedes is for it who are viewers to say man that is a kind of shady?  

You seem to be reading a lot into the Tweet and scene.  This show does not give a dang about baiting fans.  In fact they thrive on it, especially this season.  The more obvious conclusion is that they are simply clearing the decks for Sam/Rachel so that there is a lot less room to question their actions.  After all if Mercedes is for it who are viewers to say man that is a kind of shady?  

It's the final season, what do they have to bait people with anymore? They're not getting another season and they're not getting an additional number of episodes.

So there's no reason to bait, so yes I see this is them finally being honest with their fans. There's no incentive to bait anymore, they get nothing out of it.

Edited by Hookian