Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Didn't Brad say that this year was all about "comebacks?.

Figures that the two characters that win everything and get most of the songs, Rachel and Blaine, have the storyline arc of staging comebacks so they can be highlighted in song/focus yet again , just to end up being on top special snowflakes like in every other season.

Even Kurt's  still being a  NYADA student works against him, there is no need to show his career arc because he hasn't fallen as "low" as Rachel/Blaine, the two characters he will be propping up.  Seems that Kurt's only comeback is winning back Blaine

Edited by caracas1914

Sam always seemed to fit in Lima in that he didn't grow up there so he didn't have the whole Lima loser worldview like the people who grew up there did.  Even with that, they need to give him a life outside of McKinley and working towards some goal.  That means it works for him to be Beiste's assistant (just like it worked for Finn to be Will's assistant versus taking over for Will) but he should be taking classes as well so he can get a degree that will allow him to be a head coach some day.

As for Blaine I actually don't think he would belong in Lima long term but I also don't think his profession should be as a performer either.  He should have been, and maybe still will be, the character who comes to realize, that while he loves performing, what will take away that love is if he does it professionally.  He has never seemed to have the passion for it that Rachel or even Kurt seems to have.

Honestly I've said before if Sam becomes a teacher it will be the most unrealistic thing this show has ever done. There is no way someone that stupid can get a college degree (and I know stupid people with college degrees). I'd love for him to end up as Burt's apprentice or something similar though. Sam should end up in a normal job, for me he was never headed anywhere else.But this show seems to think there are three careers: performing, teaching or the military, nothing else.

I could see Blaine and Sam but Brittany not really she has nothing tying her to Lima at this point relationship wise (other than Lord Tubbington who can fit in a carry case and go wherever she goes). They have Sam working at the school and Blaine teaching at another so that could be doable, but I think the only way Brittany stays unless they completely screw over the Brittana fans is if Santana stays. 

As far as we know she has a family in Lima. My dislike of Brittany probably shows through here but I don't see how she could make it away from home, doing anything. Also I'd like them to split up Santana and Brittany, Santana should really have a grown up girlfriend, not some oversexed woman/child. 

Oh I agree there is no shame staying in Lima if a person didn't have aspirations to get out of there.  I have always said that I would have had no issues if Finn's story concluded on him deciding to return to McKinley to teach after he went away to college.  My issue was always that he was never going to have the courage or ambition to leave in the first place when that was literally one of the first things we found out about him - that he wanted to prove himself away from that high school.  What compounded that issue was there seemed to be a plan that everyone else, save maybe Sam, was going to leave while Finn was left to babysit the newbies including almost his whole life taking place in the halls of McKinley.  While every other graduate got new experiences in new places he was basically going to be Will of seasons 2 and 3 right down to the romance with a quirky colleague playing out between classes.

As for Sam being a teacher, I agree realistically he couldn't be one, but I think in the hyper reality that was Glee of season 1 he could be a coach.  Dumb coaches are a stereotype after all.  But yes I can see how him ending up as an apprentice to Burt would work even better.  

As for others I could see Puck back in Lima running some sort of small business.  He always seemed like an entrepreneur to me and exactly like the type of guy who would build a very successful small town business.  If Glee was still the dark comedy it once was I think it would be a hoot if Puck ended up running a funeral home in Lima.  First of all in real life the "go to" funeral home in small towns generally print money so Puck running one would show he was quite successful.  Secondly Puck's less than tactful manner would be comedy gold in a funeral home setting.  

Edited by camussie

It's a big hit for some reason.

I've heard not so great things about it, though. " Glee" didn't even use Jayma for all the episodes she was contracted for last season.

Well, it's a solid performer based mostly on the strength of getting Big Bang Theory as a lead-in. The fact that it keeps that lead-in this season implies that it'll have at least 4 seasons to guarantee syndication.

Regarding the Blaine/Kurt thing and who gets the blame.  To me the bottom line is that they both come out of this looking quite pathetic.  Blaine can't keep his life together because he and his fiance break up.  Kurt leaves NY, a place he seemed to really be thriving, to try and win back a guy it seems he rightfully ended things with.  As far as I am concerned they both are responsible for their own stupid choices.  

Seems Dianna will be back sooner than later.

Dianna tweeted about news and the wardrobe dept tweeted about her clothes.   Jenna also.

So the second episode could have a lot of the originals back.

I imagine most of those originals will be fly-bys for the one episode - Tina, Puck, and Quinn almost surely and Santana/Brittany most likely.  Others will stick around longer like Artie and Mercedes.  Maybe the second episode takes place during McKinley's homecoming festivities.

Edited by camussie

I am really curious to know what kind of a budget the network gave Glee to work with for this final season. I would think they would have spent it on getting the core cast back instead of introducing 5 new characters bringing back Dave Karofsky, The Warblers and Vocal Adrenaline not to mention either bringing on 31 more characters (12 VA, 12 Warblers 7 more for ND) to make for competing or dueling show choirs. 

Those who are returning I understand the only way to get paid if you are an actor is to act and maybe if anyone is watching you might catch your next gig from this. Its just disheartening because my biggest fear is as they return for whatever brief stint it may be Glee is going to do some damage to their character. 

When Puck and Quinn departed last season along with Mike I was like whew those 3 got out pretty unscathed they actually gave Puck and Quinn (Quick) a nice send off that was sweet by Glee standards. I don't won't them to undo that with some throw away lines or yet another excuse that one of them cheated or did something stupid within the 6 months they would have been together. With Tina being back I hope its to do some damage control because the show completely demolished her character.

Any who still curious about the budget and why they keep thinking bringing in more to crowd the cast for these last 13 episodes is a good thing. Done. :)

Well the new 5 are probably getting the bare minimum and probably only getting a certain amount of episodes so cheaper then   Melissa, Becca etc.

Beiste is back too,  contracted for 7 episodes per Dot Marie Jones.

Well the new 5 are probably getting the bare minimum and probably only getting a certain amount of episodes so cheaper then   Melissa, Becca etc.

I don't think it's money, I think those in charge blame them for New Directions 2.0 not being as big a success as the original characters.

"Beiste is back too,  contracted for 7 episodes per Dot Marie Jones."

Yeah I guess she's there to be the anchor for Sam since he is the assistant football coach and that is logical to me. Seriously, wondering what kind of logic they are going to use to have all these career and college oriented adults returning to Ohio. If its a short stint yes they could all be visiting home but at 6 months Puck would have to be on leave and Quinn and Tina would have to be on some sort of school break. Even though all of them being back is ridiculous its even more so for these 3 because their presence would be required to complete your tour in the Air Force or to get credits to graduate from college. Well let the mess fest begin I guess we will all find out together or at least those who are hanging around to the end.

Edited by Ann Mack

When Puck and Quinn departed last season along with Mike I was like whew those 3 got out pretty unscathed they actually gave Puck and Quinn (Quick) a nice send off that was sweet by Glee standards. I don't won't them to undo that with some throw away lines or yet another excuse that one of them cheated or did something stupid within the 6 months they would have been together.

Don't worry. That is all I want, so it won't happen.

I don't think it's money, I think those in charge blame them for New Directions 2.0 not being as big a success as the original characters.

Yup, that's it.  It's not as they could blame the writing or their own storyline decisions.

Yup, that's it.  It's not as they could blame the writing or their own storyline decisions.

Yeah that will never happen...after all, in their delusional minds, what they write is actually amazing. No, it's just those simple minded viewers who can't appreciate amazing, complex writing. Like I said, I'm sure Ryan especially blames and resents the fans for the ratings being in the toilet because they were just too stupid to appreciate the genius they gave in S4. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

The post before mine was talking budget and why they keep bringing in more people.   I wasn't saying they got rid of them due to money just pointing out that getting rid of them made it cheaper for them.

I question if there will be any speaking roles for the Vocal Adrenaline and Warbler choirs, if so a couple of throwaways lines is my guess.  Even the latest rebooted New Directions seems as if they will have minimum character development, which quite frankly I think is a major miscalculation.   This roadkill is going to be glorious.

It appears that Matt Morrison is in NY and so far there are absolutely zero spoilers of his recording with Anders this week, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Matt receives the scripts. ;)

Edited by caracas1914

"Gleek Out! Brasil @GleekOutBR  ·  

ok so here it goes friends.. 6x02 episode title is HOMECOMING ! :)"

Just read episode 2 will include the return of all of the original characters. Just hoping Glee doesn't screw the episode or the characters over. It's going to be a long wait until 2015 with plenty of speculation for every episode. I just want them all to leave the series in a better place than they began and with some of their original characteristics not tainted or destroyed. Leave them recognizable for their fans is all I ask.

Edited by Ann Mack

Gleek Out! Brasil @GleekOutBR  ·  46m

our old people, Lea, Chris, Darren, Mark, Chord, Dianna, Naya, Heather, Amber, Jenna and Kevin are ALL back for HOMECOMING!! Excited? :)

Wow, this is as close to a full reunion, only Harry is missing.  I think he's filming a movie.   I suspect we are going to get a full Group number which would be nice, FINALLY!

I was right.  It is going to take place during "Homecoming."  A reunion like this is another reason I think it should have been a longer time jump.  If they did 3 years it would have been 5 years and some change since the first wave of seniors graduated so this have could been an anniversary reunion with everyone else save, Rachel and Blaine, (the two who seem to be the primary focus of the comeback theme) being in a good place as far as post McKinley & college prospects.  That stark contrast could have been used as a motivating factor for both of them to refocus their lives to what will make them happy. 

This especially holds true because it seems those two were the ones everyone assumed would be wildly successful with nothing getting in their way.   I feel if they both had been in a just barely starting to rebuild phase, with everyone else in a decent place that would have set off the theme that much more.

Edited by camussie

I guess they are all coming home to lift Rachel spirits I mean what other reason could they all possibly head back to Lima (yes that's sarcasm). I'm both happy and sad to see them all back just because I'm still convinced that the writers are going to make a clusterf*ck of these final episodes and screw over each and every character except Rachel and Blaine in the end. Well I guess I will sit back and continue to watch the spoilers slowly roll out as I gasp and grimace with an "oh hell no", shake my head in disbelief, and just continually calm myself before wanting to go all Lima Heights adjacent on the writers.

Edited by Ann Mack

I'm starting to think Blaine's comeback may simply be to get back together with Kurt. The writers never bothered to give him a passion/ drive for performing and it almost seemed he went to NYADA simply because Kurt was there. For all we know he develops a love of teaching. No doubt he will get plenty of songs at Dalton but his SL doesn't seem to be there for career success as his reward.

Now If he doesn't get back together with Kurt, his one SL since Season 2 goes down the tubes.

Rachel is the character who from day one was driven to be a STAR with a capital S so I can see her striving to regain professional success.

I fully expect Kurt to finally get some professional success in the performing arts since they still have him at NYADA, the last Glee character in good standing in that school. It makes no sense to keep him as a student at NYADA if he's going to switch careers, as some fans seem to prefer.

I would have preferred Kurt to switch careers back in season 4 when he got to New York and got the Vogue internship but that ship has sailed.  Now he should stay focused on performing.  Now I think Blaine should switch careers.  Decide that while he loves performing making it a career is taking that love away from him so he wants to go in a new direction.  

I would have preferred Kurt to switch careers back in season 4 when he got to New York and got the Vogue internship but that ship has sailed.  Now he should stay focused on performing.  Now I think Blaine should switch careers.  Decide that while he loves performing making it a career is taking that love away from him so he wants to go in a new direction.

To clarify, I didn't mean that Blaine finding a love of teaching is not professional success, rather that it's not performing arts  success. 

With Kurt they seem determined to keep him on a performing arts journey to the bitter end.  They never followed through on Vogue and much less now that he's in  Lima.  If anything, it would seem the fashion intern thing is dead in the water.  Hes' the one who seems dedicated and focused on his NYADA schooling , and his few times in the school he's been in classes trying to hone his craft.  We've seen him in dancing, stage combat, Mime, what looked like method acting, etc,  So it would be beyond bizarre if they don't finally show some sort of payback for all the times other characters in five years have been telling him to hang in there, to continue to  be himself and that his " brand" will have eventual success, yada, yada, yada. .  They have telegraphed it so long that they're almost forced to throw him a bone by series end. 

The other character left hanging is Santana, so it would be nice if she is at least on the path to something she loves..

Edited by caracas1914

"Gleek Out! Brasil @GleekOutBR  ·  

ok so here it goes friends.. 6x02 episode title is HOMECOMING ! :)"

Just read episode 2 will include the return of all of the original characters. Just hoping Glee doesn't screw the episode or the characters over. It's going to be a long wait until 2015 with plenty of speculation for every episode. I just want them all to leave the series in a better place than they began and with some of their original characteristics not tainted or destroyed. Leave them recognizable for their fans is all I ask.

They should have done the homecoming episode first, if they wanted to get some of the old viewers (who love the old cast) back and interested in the show again.

After watching the first episode of season 6, which has only Rachel and Blaine singing, people probably will not even tune in again for the 2nd episode as they would be  expecting more of the Blea show.

But whenever does Glee do the right and/or smart thing?

I predict the ratings dropping a lot between the first and 2nd episode, just like they did after the first episode of season 5, when viewers hoped RIB had finally listened to their complaints and they would use the summer hiatus to steer the attention away from the noobs and Blaine and their everlasting boring school year, but then the show came back and the first episode was same old same old again, so why bother to keep watching?

the Blea show.

You do realize that Lea has been the  leading character of the show since day one?    You may not like her status, fair enough, but it's been there even when the show was a roaring success in the first 2 seasons.  I don't think ratings tanking is due to Lea getting attention and focus.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Yeah the show has done so well when they have had the  old orignal back.  

I do no think at this point who is the focus means one thing.

City of Angles Mercedes a back and a competition episode which use it do well, 100 and New Direction didn't even get a bump with Quinn, Mike, Puck and Brittany,  back  as well as Gweneth and Kristin back, Opening night Sue and Will back, old dogs new ticks written by Chris and a season finale which usually do better.   

Even in season 4 the originals didn't do much for ratings. 

Edited by tom87

Guess they're doing the big everybody comes back episode as number 2 because they know it won't take much past that before they get pulled to on demand land.

Even they know that desperate please god look at us we hooked up Blaine and Dave thing can't save them.

You do realize that Lea has been the  leading character of the show since day one?    You may not like her status, fair enough, but it's been there even when the show was a roaring success in the first 2 seasons.  I don't think ratings tanking is due to Lea getting attention and focus

Lea has not been the leading character since day 1. She's not like Buffy in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer': a show with a clear female lead with supporting characters.

In the early seasons Rachel shared the lead with Will and Finn, and back then the 2nd tier characters, like Quinn, Puck, Kurt and Sue also got much more to do then they do now (they at least got their own B and C plots instead of just being props). Even the 3rd tier characters, like Artie and Mercedes got some focus every once in a while (just not Tina, poor girl). It was clearly an ensemble show with 3 main leads.

And back then Rachel didn't get 4 songs (of which 3 are solos) in an episode.

You really can't compare those first seasons of Glee to what it's become now: Rachel and Blaine way up front, while everyone else is in the background, basically only there to give them someone to talk to, with an occassional romantic storyline for Samcedes as they've got no other hetero couple left.

And I actually do think that some viewers stopped watching because Rachel was the only leading lady left in season 5, with a horrible attitude and storyline to boot. I've spent enough time on tumblr, forums and Glee articles to have read the complaints.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 3

And I actually do think that some viewers stopped watching because Rachel was the only leading lady left in season 5, with a horrible attitude and storyline to boot. I've spent enough time on tumblr, forums and Glee articles to have read the complaints.

She's the reason I stopped watching after they dumped McKinley and am still in two minds about whether to watch season 6.

• Love 1

I doubt at this point anything is going to positively affect ratings.  Not who they focus on.  Not where the show is set.  Not a originals reunion.  Nothing.  That die was cast the second they decided to extend 2012/13 school year into season 5 in an effort to sell RM's grand vision that the choir room was the most important character and, by god, as long as he had that setting he could create generation after generation of Glee stars.  It could even be argued that die was cast as soon as the show didn't make a choice between staying in the choir room or following the graduates and instead tried to be both Friday Night Lights and 90210.

As sad as it is, the only interruption in the downwards ratings spiral, spawned by the massive miscalculations made about the direction of this show since season 4, was "The Quarterback" and frankly that was based on nostalgia on what the show used to be as well as the good will Cory had built up throughout the years via public appearances and positive fan interactions.

Really the only possible upside for this last season of Glee was  RM & team winding the show up in a way that honored its quality origins.  Unfortunately with every new spoiler we get it seems more than obvious that isn't going to happen.  Instead the storytelling seems to be getting even more incoherent, which is a talent unto itself because I didn't think that was possible.

Edited by camussie

You do realize that Lea has been the  leading character of the show since day one?    You may not like her status, fair enough, but it's been there even when the show was a roaring success in the first 2 seasons.  I don't think ratings tanking is due to Lea getting attention and foc

Granted the writing has been horrible since season 4 for the show but what has been even worse is the "entitled privilege" they have given the Rachel and Blaine characters and yes I do think along with the horrible writing it helped lead to the decline in ratings. Number 1 issue though is the writing. They have written so many of them out of character that it has become hard to really root for some of them. And by some I mean again "Rachel and Blaine". The main focus of getting everything whether they have worked for it or not and "not" is usually the case. Then squander it away. Then to have them make reference to it is just disgusting IMO. Glee tries to do this self deprecating theme but they aren't smart enough to pull it off so you go yeah they know but damn they are still too stupid to do anything about it. 

I think having the first episode with the majority of the singing being Rachel and Blaine have already soured the taste and viewing decision of a lot of fans too include me. I already know I won't be watching it but I will tune in for the 2nd episode just because I'm hoping others will get some screen time and songs. It can't stay heavily concentrated on Rachel and Blaine for 13 episodes (at least I'm hoping it doesn't).

So Rachel and Blaine may not be directly responsible for the ratings tanking just like the newbies may not be but they are what tuned me out. I actually enjoyed the episodes starting at 100 and afterwards because the focus was some what spread around. But then they went back to their old formula of lets see how much attention we can give Rachel and Blaine, how many songs can we give them, how much can we ignore everyone else but have them there to support our shining stars

I don't dislike Rachel too much (on a scale from 1-10 she'd rate a 9 in the dislike column) I do find her annoying. self-centered, spoiled, thoughtless at times, insecure, and intolerable some of these same qualities apply to Blaine as well. The show writers have done nothing to change that. Now they come back with season 6 seeking sympathy for these 2 characters who have self-inflicted anything that's going on in their lives right now. So long story short there are a lot of forces that contributed to the decline in ratings but when these 2 have been your primary focus and the ratings are still sliding in a downward position then maybe its time to reevaluate just why you are giving them so much screen time and songs. 

I doubt at this point anything is going to positively affect ratings.  Not who they focus on.  Not where the show is set.  Not a originals reunion.  Nothing.  That die was cast the second they decided to extend 2012/13 school year into season 5 in an effort to sell RM's grand vision that the choir room was the most important character and, by god, as long as he had that setting he could create generation after generation of Glee stars.  It could even be argued that die was cast as soon as the show didn't make a choice between staying in the choir room or following the graduates and instead tried to be both Friday Night Lights and 90210.

As sad as it is, the only interruption in the downwards ratings spiral, spawned by the massive miscalculations made about the direction of this show since season 4, was "The Quarterback" and frankly that was based on nostalgia on what the show used to be as well as the good will Cory had built up throughout the years via public appearances and positive fan interactions.

This is very nicely stated. 

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Ann Mack - I just have to say "Bravo!" to your entire post.

It's no end of frustration to me that I'm constantly being asked to sympathize with characters who are suffering major problems in their lives which are entirely of their own making. So Rachel is back in Lima because her TV show flopped and because she completely destroyed her Broadway career with her unprofessional behavior? Boo hoo. Blaine is in Ohio because he flunked out of NYADA because he was so torn up over Kurt ending their engagement? Let me play the worlds smallest violin for him. I can't find it in myself to scrape together a whole lot of caring for two characters who basically are handed every single thing they want and then can't help from pissing it all away because of their own actions.

Kurt didn't make Blaine flunk out of school. That was all on Blaine because he is a weak, self-centered child who shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Kurt, let alone be engaged to him. In the past two seasons, Kurt had to deal with fighting to be admitted to NYADA, holding down his job at Vogue, dealing with the emotional fallout of Blaine's infidelity (even if it wasn't shown on screen a great deal), his father's cancer diagnosis, his step brother's death, Rachel's continued stream of bullshit, Blaine's tantrums and he still managed to hold down jobs, keep up on his studies at NYADA, start a band, and help carry Rachel through her opening night (since she's got the emotional fortitude of overcooked pasta if everyone in the universe isn't amazed by her) and he didn't flunk out of school. But I'm supposed to feel sorry for this grease ball because he was so sad that Kurt left him? And his storyline is going to be a major focus while we've gotten practically nothing about what they ultimately have planned for Kurt beside him trying to get Blaine back?

It's no wonder that the ratings have gone into the toilet.

• Love 5

Well it seemed one of the major complaints of S4 was how Lea/Rachel was replaced as the leading character by all the focus on the McKinley narrative.

To clarify I don't think Lea as the leading character is the problem, she is both a good actress a very good singer, it's the imbalance the show has created with the characters. It's more how badly her journey sucked at the end.   Look at 100 where they spread the story lines among most of the original cast, instead of being a terrible Rachel SL it was terrible story lines for about 5-6 characters including excessive and pointless focus on guest stars. like Paltrow.  The Samcedes romance was a train wreck as has been most of the Klaine SL.  Don't get me started on the prior Noobs focus that derailed into a season and a half school year.

It's the aggregate of all these factors that have caused the current situation, but when Rachel or Blaine was not the focus of an episode the show pretty much still sucked as narrative storytelling overall.  Glee once in a while has glimpses of good TV but they are far and in between and the show can't sustain any kind of follow through for any of the characters.

I agree it's too late to save the show, it's already cancelled, but it's too pat to put Rachel/Blaine being the leads as the reason for the show's demise at this point.

I seriously doubt any of the writers could write a one paragraph synopsis of the persona and  individual journey of the characters left on the show, lead or supporting.   What is the point of any of them? They don't matter as individual characters and there's the rub.  They are just chess pieces to be moved around on Ryan's board.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Ann Mack - I just have to say "Bravo!" to your entire post.

It's no end of frustration to me that I'm constantly being asked to sympathize with characters who are suffering major problems in their lives which are entirely of their own making. So Rachel is back in Lima because her TV show flopped and because she completely destroyed her Broadway career with her unprofessional behavior? Boo hoo. Blaine is in Ohio because he flunked out of NYADA because he was so torn up over Kurt ending their engagement? Let me play the worlds smallest violin for him. I can't find it in myself to scrape together a whole lot of caring for two characters who basically are handed every single thing they want and then can't help from pissing it all away because of their own actions.

Kurt didn't make Blaine flunk out of school. That was all on Blaine because he is a weak, self-centered child who shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Kurt, let alone be engaged to him. In the past two seasons, Kurt had to deal with fighting to be admitted to NYADA, holding down his job at Vogue, dealing with the emotional fallout of Blaine's infidelity (even if it wasn't shown on screen a great deal), his father's cancer diagnosis, his step brother's death, Rachel's continued stream of bullshit, Blaine's tantrums and he still managed to hold down jobs, keep up on his studies at NYADA, start a band, and help carry Rachel through her opening night (since she's got the emotional fortitude of overcooked pasta if everyone in the universe isn't amazed by her) and he didn't flunk out of school. But I'm supposed to feel sorry for this grease ball because he was so sad that Kurt left him? And his storyline is going to be a major focus while we've gotten practically nothing about what they ultimately have planned for Kurt beside him trying to get Blaine back?

It's no wonder that the ratings have gone into the toilet.

Yes to everything you just said as well. I'm sorry but now they are piling the bullshit high with both of them. Even as far as oh poor Rachel her life sucks and now her dads are getting divorced too. I'm too the point of does anyone really GAF. Don't try to snowball me and tell me she's an "underdog" now because the writers wrote her as a self-important, self-indulgent, look world its all about me bitch. So I could really care less because there is NO drama here just Ryan Murphy now playing the few remaining fans (who probably aren't sticking around for Rachel) to try and raise her back up. When most know when this is all said and done Rachel will STILL some how manage to rise above the ashes.

Blaine well again the writers wrote him as a borderline stalker with psychopathic tendencies. I mean they might all be young but damn who the hell is so weak and destroyed by a break-up that they flunk out of school and then hook up with the past tormentor of their "soul mate" this shit is worst than some very bad fan fiction I have read. So lets all feel for poor Blaine because Kurt finally had the self realization that maybe just maybe they are not as compatible as they should be. But then again no worries because they have written Kurt so badly that even though his inner diva is screaming "boy you dodged a bullet" he is still going to go after this BOY who has been clingy, needy and all about himself.

Any who I could rant on and on but the writers are going to do what they do which is probably destroy every character in these last 13 episodes. I'm sure I'll be back to talk more and more about this Glee show that seems to be watched more often now to talk about how ridiculous it is instead of how good it could have been or was. Seems the fans really have a love/hate relationship (its honestly like a train wreck and viewers keep rubbernecking, me included). Until the next time, peace out!

Edited by Ann Mack

Except for her father's divorcing (which sucks), everything else happening to Rachel (and Blaine) is nothing more than well deserved comeuppance. That the two most lavishly rewarded, immature and self indulgent characters totally self-destructed doesn't inspire sympathy. Just a sense of overdue karma coming home to roost. I don't think having either of them basically throwing all their opportunities in the trash because they were selfish (Rachel) or self-pitying (Blaine) makes them "underdogs" - they are still the two most privileged characters on the show and I have no doubt that everything will come up daisies for them in the end.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 2

Except for her father's divorcing (which sucks), everything else happening to Rachel (and Blaine) is nothing more than well deserved comeuppance. That the two most lavishly rewarded, immature and self indulgent characters totally self-destructed doesn't inspire sympathy. Just a sense of overdue karma coming home to roost. I don't think having either of them basically throwing all their opportunities in the trash because they were selfish (Rachel) or self-pitying (Blaine) makes them "underdogs" - they are still the two most privileged characters on the show and I have no doubt that everything will come up daisies for them in the end.

I second that motion and really wonder why they are wasting what little precious time they have in 13 episodes to try to convince anyone that these 2 of ALL characters are not going to come out of this bullshit party smelling like roses. 

Yes the writers are finally letting Blaine and Rachel get their due comeuppance but just watch it won't last for long. Just like Rachel getting scolded for skipping out on Funny Girl only to 5 seconds later be offered her own show. Or Blaine going to assist Kurt yet he is the one walking away as June's new prodigy shaking my head at ALL the privileges they have given these ungratefully written characters.

I mean gah the writers can't be that naive to believe fans are actually buying this story line any more than they did that fake ass PR stunt of DaLeaStreet. I must applaud them for always being the last to know if they don't and wonder just where they are getting their feedback from. Yeah so no tears, emotion, or care will be given from me to those 2 I'll save it for the ones who will be needing it which in this case is anyone not named Rachel or Blaine!

Given that Rachel's parents have been a non-issue for the overwhelming majority of the show (and actually seen only twice), it's kind of hard to feel any kind of real reaction to them breaking up. It's not like we're talking about Burt and Carol, who have had very regular and deeply impactful presences on the show (as individuals interacting with their sons and as a couple). It's more of an abstract "Oh, that's a shame. What's for dessert?" kind of feeling. I get that it's supposed to be the cherry on top of the shit sundae that is Rachel's life right now, but it's difficult to care about characters that in five seasons were more often reference offhandedly than actually seen.

• Love 2

I know this will be a massively unpopular opinion but I honestly don't see where Blaine was due all this comeuppance professionally wise because I honestly don't remember him ever being so ungrateful. I know this seems to be the acceptable opinion of Blaine, that is, "he gets everything handed to him and never works for anything and always wins everything" but I didn't buy it when it was said ad nauseum at TWOP and I still don't buy it now. 

With the Rachel situation, the writers clearly showed us Rachel blowing off both NYADA and Funny Girl, two things we'd seen her talk about wanting so badly, almost as soon as she got them both. That I can definitely see as reeking of being ungrateful, especially when she talked about how tedious doing the show was when she'd barely been performing for a few months. She willingly walked away from amazing opportunities because as soon as she had them, she decided the grass was greener on the other side. And prior to that, there was all the diva antics in Glee club, storming off, threatening to quit, sending people off to crack houses so she wouldn't have any major competition, etc. And mind you I always liked Rachel well enough. 

With Blaine, when you meet him he's apparently being handed all Warbler solos but we get no back-story on how that happened. But even with his cushy position in the Warblers there were still references to his auditioning for things when out of school so he was clearly putting in the work and time. He got WSS after he auditioned like everyone else. The people casting thought he was the best person for the lead and then he auditioned to get into NYADA. As for the Jude woman liking him, again, he performed and she decided she liked him better. And for all the talk of things Blaine got, I don't remember Blaine having many solos in New Directions. In S3, Finn was still lead, S4 he had a duet with Marley I think for Regionals and Nationals was a number of group numbers. But more importantly, I don't ever remember Blaine ever demanding he be handed things like Rachel did and I certainly don't remember him deliberately throwing away opportunities he was given.

It seems to me, Blaine's being a shitty boyfriend to Kurt is being equated to comeuppance in his professional life and that makes no sense to me. I could understand celebrating Kurt dumping him and moving on to some amazing hot guy while he remains alone and no one wanting him. That I could understand making sense but to say his flunking out of school and ending up back in Ohio a loser is his just comeuppance because he's been so ungrateful and dared to achieve things makes no sense to me. But like I said, I've long made my peace with the reality that my view on the character varies immensely from others. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

For me, Blaine's comeuppance is tied to him being a shitty boyfriend. This is a guy who has never had a problem with taking things that he knew Kurt very much needed and worked for. He didn't need the part of Tony for college applications (which Kurt did), but he didn't have much conflict about reading for the part when asked to. He showed no interest at all in the performance for the benefactor at NYADA (and even seemed rather derisive about it) up until the second that Kurt offered to share the performance spot that he'd earned with Blaine (then Blaine was suddenly thrilled with the idea). Even attending NYADA at all seemed a lot less about any real professional aspirations (which for Blaine are still painfully undefined) and more about following Kurt. Given how Kurt has sweat blood each and every time and often came up short and things were just handed to Blaine always irked me. And then to have Blaine sulking over Kurt finally being seen as "leading man" material, and not liking it because he's the one who's supposed to be fawned over really, really pissed me off.

With Blaine so uncaring about his professional accomplishments, having him totally fall apart because Kurt finally reached his "had enough of this bitch" moment is, for me, perfect karma.

I personally don't fault Blane for auditioning for Tony. He also needed the role for college. In the real world at least applicants include their entire High School resume for consideration and the Junior year is usually considered the most important. Senior year, in my experience, is far too late especially for those who applied EA/ED for their dream schools.

Similar arguments apply to the other professional opportunities. If Blane has serious performing aspirations then frankly he shouldn't shy away from competing against people close to him since in the elite acting world that is going to happen all of the time and he is going to have to learn to navigate that professions/personal relationship dynamic.

Edited by Pink ranger
  • Love 2

But that is exactly the point. I don't get that Blaine was serious. He never seemed particularly worried or even interested in cementing his future career. He just kind of drifted into things. I get that he loves to perform, but as to what he actually plans to do with his life is even less defined than Sam's career goals.

In a way, Blaine is the mirror image of Rachel - insanely talented (at least as far as the show canon is concerned), but whereas Rachel is deeply invested in reaching her goals (even if she has an ass backwards way of showing it), Blaine's investment seems much more insubstantial. When his biggest gripe at NYADA wasn't a crazed teacher or an insane class schedule but that Kurt was now the object of admiration rather than himself, I really have to ask where his investment lay. In developing the skills for his future career or just ensuring that he would be permanently glued (and in a superior position) to his now ex-fiancé.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 1
I know this will be a massively unpopular opinion but I honestly don't see where Blaine was due all this comeuppance professionally wise because I honestly don't remember him ever being so ungrateful. I know this seems to be the acceptable opinion of Blaine, that is, "he gets everything handed to him and never works for anything and always wins everything" but I didn't buy it when it was said ad nauseum at TWOP and I still don't buy it now.

Actually the character himself acknowledged it in "Trio" and I quote :  "“I know this sounds like a humble brag, but I honestly feel like sometimes things just get handed to me.” Meta commentary of course by the writers.

I agree that doesn't mean he had  a comeuppance coming  like Rachel did.   My problem is I don't find the Blaine character all that interesting to be the lead male character, so this downfall , like his cheating, is just a contrived device to give him 1000 solos and tons of screen time.   

Rachel will kill her end of it, I'm sure because LEa is a very good actress , Darren on the other hand...

Actually the character himself acknowledged it in "Trio" and I quote :  "“I know this sounds like a humble brag, but I honestly feel like sometimes things just get handed to me.” Meta commentary of course by the writers.

And you pretty much answered your own statement. Yeah one of many lines inserted in S5 that came straight off the message boards. That's where the depth of the writers' laziness had taken them, trolling boards and using criticisms and comments as lines for the characters to say. I remember hearing about that one, since I was already barely watching the season at that point and just rolled my eyes and thought, "gee I'm sure that appeased all the ones who've been ranting about this online for years..."

Rachel will kill her end of it, I'm sure because LEa is a very good actress , Darren on the other hand...

Yeah she may kill it and it will still be a heaping pile of crap which is how I've felt since S4 when many went on and on about "Noobs vs. the NY group". RIB and company have proven repeatedly, talented cast or not, they will still deliver complete and utter shit on screen. So yeah, Lea will be amazing...amazing at delivering crap that no one will watch. Congratulations?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Actually the character himself acknowledged it in "Trio" and I quote : "“I know this sounds like a humble brag, but I honestly feel like sometimes things just get handed to me.” Meta commentary of course by the writers.

And you pretty much answered your own statement. Yeah one of many lines inserted in S5 that came straight off the message boards. That's where the depth of the writers' laziness had taken them, trolling boards and using criticisms and comments as lines for the characters to say. I remember hearing about that one, since I was already barely watching the season at that point and just rolled my eyes and thought, "gee I'm sure that appeased all the ones who've been ranting about this online for years..."

Not all the meta commentary is just appeasing fans, it's also based on what the characters do and fans reaction to it. it's the writers addressing imbalances I agree, but that they are too lazy to correct but simply note.

You must have missed seeing the episode, since as you said weren't even watching the season at that point, Artie and Tina are battling bitterly for Valedictorian and then Sue steps in and tells them at the last moment they will be bypassed by the Salutatorian, namely Blaine. It's been the trait of Blaine as a character, that he doesn't struggle to get external wins, acceptance or popularity. As far back as Season 2 Kurt mockingly called the Warblers "Blaine and the Pips". He doesn't break a sweat to get anything on the show, everybody fawns and loves him. Tony in WSS, even when he was down and out about Kurt he got offered the lead role in Grease, Class president, the new Rachel, an offscreen NYADA audition that he nailed it and got in with no stress or strife, etc etc. That has been his pattern for 4 years, and I have no problem you think it's no big deal, but it's puzzling you can't acknowledge that is how they write his character consistently. Even Darren himself has said that Blaine has had it too easy and he wishes he had struggled more.

So yeah, Lea will be amazing...amazing at delivering crap that no one will watch. Congratulations?

Thank You.

Hey, If i'm going to watch crap, I at least want it well acted. So bring on Will, Sue, Rachel, Kurt and Santana. :)

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2
You must have missed seeing the episode.

I didn't miss it, I chose not to watch but I read the comments and some of the recap so I'm well aware of what happened and I still maintain my opinion that the whole thing felt right out of a fanfic, similar to Blaine going on about how he liked Kurt being weaker than him and his being the better looking one or whatever crap that was spewed in those NY episodes. 

That has been his pattern for 4 years, and I have no problem you think it's no big deal, but it's puzzling you can't acknowledge that is how they write his character consistently.

My comment above was in response to the idea that Blaine flunking out of college is just deserves and comeuppance for "getting everything without trying and being so ungrateful". THAT is what I disagree with because I maintain that I don't remember where Blaine was ever shown as being ungrateful for the things he received and yes, on some level I do disagree that he was just handed things.

Thank You.

The snark was actually in regards to Lea Michele as in great for her, she gets to kill her performances every week onscreen except no one will really care and what she'll be given to kill will be complete and utter shit. 

• Love 1