Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Now at this point I must disagree.   I feel like Finn was at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of brains.   And it's not like he ever improved in my view.    He was always easily manipulated, easily tricked, just....sigh.   But I guess one can view that as subjective perception as well.  But again take into account that I think Sam surpasses Finn in terms of Physical appearance by a notable margin as well.   Given the writing of this show, I will admit the superficial can sway me on occasion.

And agreed Jesse St. James was MOUNTAINS ahead of dumb as a smashed tomatoe Finn, but Rachel ended up choosing the eggplant anyway.

Trouty Mouth? Really. *shrugs* each to their own

The show itself says Finn graduated with a B+ average. And frankly, apart, from Brittany, no-one's as dumb as Sam. And Finn's dumb never crossed over into racism.

What else are they doing together? Talking?! And when has Sam been burnt by love?

Try every single relationship the dude has been in, he's put his all in it and gotten burned in the end. Quinn, Brittany, Mercedes(penny doesn't count since that was mostly off screen); he's the one that's gotten hurt in the end. Yet he still puts himself out there.

They had Sam check in on the status of Mercedes's v-card. I'm going to call that gross and some sort of setting up of a triangle.

A 10 second line played for laughs is somehow setting up a triangle? ...Okay then, well these spoilers that are coming out sure don't have a sign of a triangle in sight. I was expecting we would have gotten a hint of a triangle in 6 but Mercedes comes back for Rachel, not Sam. 

Trouty Mouth? Really. *shrugs* each to their own

The show itself says Finn graduated with a B+ average. And frankly, apart, from Brittany, no-one's as dumb as Sam. And Finn's dumb never crossed over into racism.

Finn did escape that as much by accident as anything else. In fairness, Sam got the special ed exception. Brittany got the secret genius trope.  For all the played for stupid tropes, they gave them all an out somehow or another.

Actually all they had to do was never revisit Sam/Mercedes last season in the first place or at the very least not end them on a note where they are declaring their unending love for each other and their friends are calling them soul mates.  Since it has been decreed they always planned on doing Sam/Rachel , but just had to bide their time until this season, the WTFness of the whole Mercedes issue would have been solved had they NOT gone there last season.

Sure there would be other WTF issues but that at least the whole Mercedes angle wouldn't be one.  

As far as Sam/Rachel unless both are born again virgins I think it is safe to assume they are going to have sex since they are dating each other.  Neither one has the same world view towards sex before marriage that  as Mercedes and there is nothing wrong with that.  

They said they revisited Samcedes simply because it was one of the only things that they left off in the series and they felt they needed to pay it off. Essentially grab a board and check off Samcedes. 

Ian Brennan: The Sam and Mercedes relationship is one of the relationships, one of the few relationships on the show that we hadn't really paid off, we sort of teased it and then it sort of disappeared, it was always something we had an eye to paying off.

Basically, that's not how you treat an "endgame" period.

I'm not stating both are virgins but from how bad these two have been burnt by love, I'm expecting them to go slow in the relationship. So I don't expect them to have sex right off the bat. 

Edited by Hookian

The show itself says Finn graduated with a B+ average.

Really?  I missed that.  I still can't see him as anything near intelligent.  The fool shot himself with his own gun or did he flush out of the army for some other reason?  I mean not that it matters, subjective and all.   Though I guess Finn was designed as a character to be unremarkable in every way, though I think they took it WAY to far.   They had Rachel's sympathy for his mediocrity as the reason Rachel let him devirginize her.  Sigh. Oh Glee.

A 10 second line played for laughs is somehow setting up a triangle? ...Okay then, well these spoilers that are coming out sure don't have a sign of a triangle in sight. I was expecting we would have gotten a hint of a triangle in 6 but Mercedes comes back for Rachel, not Sam. 

That would be a more interesting triangle. I'm not fussy. We can do that one.

• Love 4

when there was so much Sam/Rachel crap going on

? It really didn't seem like all that much (any?) Sam/Rachel in these first two episodes...unless I've blocked it out already...

They said they revisited Samcedes simply because it was one of the only things that they left off in the series and they felt they needed to pay it off.

While, yes, we can read that they wanted to follow up on Sam/Mercedes, but the way the writers have handled revisiting this couple is hardly all wrapped up in a pretty bow. Edited by indeed

? It really didn't seem like all that much (any?) Sam/Rachel in these first two episodes...unless I've blocked it out already...

Probably blocked it out.

-Scene in the football field, she went to him for advise which was random.

-He was the only one that agreed with her that her show sucked. 

-Dinner scene

- Hallway scene where they were looking for the mysterious voice "but now that you know I feel like I can tell you all this stuff" *that boy needs to go to confession*

- Take on Me, they paralleled the couple from the video in the sequence. They could have chosen anybody from Brittany/Santana, Puck/Quinn, or if they wanted to give Samcedes anything in this episode that was significant, them. But they didn't, they chose Sam and Rachel for this very well known moment in the original video.

-Beginning of Home

Media outlets picked up on it, they noticed that Sam and Rachel were paired up in scenes together and even wondered if that meant future romance while also saying the Mercedes/Sam line was a brush off line, but showed that Sam still isn't over her yet.

Edited by Hookian

If that is indeed what Ian meant (and to be clear NONE of us know for sure it was) that it was dumb writing for Sam to tell Mercedes no matter who he's with, or what he's doing, he'd rather be doing it with her and for Rachel to call them soulmates.  I would actually say BEFORE the Sam/Mercedes revisit last year nothing needed to be "checked off" with them. There was NO baggage. They were DONE.

Unfortunately NOW there is baggage because they revisited them last spring and had them declaring there everlasting love to each other.  That isn't to say that RM and his inept team won't ignore what they wrote but it is to say that IF they wanted to avoid any Sam/Mercedes baggage before going forward with Sam/Rachel they went about it in exactly the wrong way.

Exactly. What "finality" or payoff is Ian presumably talking about if it was just a repetition of the same storyline about Sam/Mercedes a third(?) time around. They ended separating last time and it seemed to have a finality to it. But the way they broke up this time follows the Brittana model when Santana went away to college, leaving it more open-ended, and also introducing the "soulmates" via Rachel's remarks. What Ian says doesn't make much sense but it's not the first time TBTP's intentions may contradict what they actually did. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2
There is a lot of room between Rachel being malicious (which she isn't being) and possibly doing something wrong.

Rachel is still not doing anything wrong.  Sam is a person with free will.  Sam and Rachel are allowed to date if they feel attraction towards one another.  Especially since Mercedes apparently doesn't care about getting back together with Sam.

And it's gross to single out Rachel if you're going to talk about any of these characters dating each other's exes just because she's a girl.  Or maybe it's because she's Rachel I guess.

• Love 1

Exactly. What "finality" is Ian presumably talking about if it's just a repetition of the same storyline about Sam/Mercedes a third(?) time around. They ended separating last time and it seemed to have a finality to it. But the way they broke up this time follows the Brittana track when Santana went away to college, leaving it more open-ended, and also introducing the "soulmates" via Rachel's remarks. What Ian says doesn't make much sense but it's not the first time TBTP's intentions may contradict what they actually did. 

Yeah, but Klaine are on that track and we're supposed to think it's OMG so romantic they're getting married in spite of everything else that ever happened with them. No amount of wrong for each other can make a pairing not happen on Glee.

Exactly. What "finality" or payoff is Ian presumably talking about if it was just a repetition of the same storyline about Sam/Mercedes a third(?) time around. They ended separating last time and it seemed to have a finality to it. But the way they broke up this time follows the Brittana model when Santana went away to college, leaving it more open-ended, and also introducing the "soulmates" via Rachel's remarks. What Ian says doesn't make much sense but it's not the first time TBTP's intentions may contradict what they actually did. 

I guess now they did a break up on screen, instead of the two times where it was off screen. Which I mean come on that is just ridiculous and just goes to show that they never cared about this pairing. Who the heck has any big moments happen off screen including break ups? Even Wemma had their first time implied on screen and they got engaged for the first time on screen and that's why they didn't show the second time he proposed. Essentially the way he talked about this it didn't give a good vibe to Samcedes. It sounds more like it was just part of a checklist he had to do before the season wrapped. This is not how you do a couple you care about. This sounds more like how you get rid of baggage, before moving forward.

Sam/Rachel has been the plan since Movin' Out and it was just shelved till now. I still remember Falchuk fully supporting and liking the pairing in an interview with TV Line but he said "not yet". So even they realized back then that the crap they tried to pull in Movin' Out was way too soon.

Edited by Hookian

Rachel is still not doing anything wrong.  Sam is a person with free will.  Sam and Rachel are allowed to date if they feel attraction towards one another.  Especially since Mercedes apparently doesn't care about getting back together with Sam.

And it's gross to single out Rachel if you're going to talk about any of these characters dating each other's exes just because she's a girl.  Or maybe it's because she's Rachel I guess.

Santana dated Sam partly to be a bitch to Quinn, and was incredibly pissed when he was dating Brittany. So it's not just Rachel.

I think you know the answer to this already, like just how people are ignoring that others told Samcedes to break up aside from Rachel but she's the only one being brought up.

Rachel is still not doing anything wrong.  Sam is a person with free will.  Sam and Rachel are allowed to date if they feel attraction towards one another.  Especially since Mercedes apparently doesn't care about getting back together with Sam.

And it's gross to single out Rachel if you're going to talk about any of these characters dating each other's exes just because she's a girl.  Or maybe it's because she's Rachel I guess.

Nothing to do with it just being Rachel.  I think Sam is in the wrong too.  Thought Sam was wrong to date Brittany without talking to Santana.  Also no one said Sam/Rachel are not allowed to date.  What I said was she should at least talk to Mercedes about it before doing so.  Same with Sam.  He should at least talk to Mercedes before doing so. 

dizzyizzy - Bingo!

Nope.  Not bingo.  I am not holding Rachel to any standard I haven't held the other characters too.  You seem to think everyone is out to judge Rachel unfairly and that simply isn't the case.

I think you know the answer to this already, like just how people are ignoring that others told Samcedes to break up aside from Rachel but she's the only one being brought up.

Nope that has been addressed too.  

Edited by camussie
Santana dated Sam partly to be a bitch to Quinn, and was incredibly pissed when he was dating Brittany. So it's not just Rachel.

I don't understand this point.  People are claiming Rachel turns everything into a competition with her girlfriends and that she's doing some grave injustice to Mercedes by somehow "stealing" Sam.  I clearly don't agree with that sentiment.  I don't understand how this relates to that line of discussion?

Nope.  Not bingo.  I am not holding Rachel to any standard I haven't held the other characters too.

I think people do, or it certainly comes across that way.  Nobody is talking about Sam in the same way they're talking about Rachel.  You see a lot of comments about Rachel's screwing over her friend Mercedes.  There's little commentary about the intentions of the other parties involved.

Edited by dizzyizzy01
  • Love 1

So, because Sam sits next to Rachel in a cart that must mean love? I guess since Kurt leaned over them he's going to try for a threesome. Whatever. A lot of those "moments" seemed like friendship moments...and I'm well aware of the A-Ha video. Media outlets could've been reading the same "spoilers" we've been getting. While I'm sure they're going to go there--because why not? It's Glee after all--I think some of their interactions are being blown out of proportion.

She's the only one getting anything out of it. I'd tell anyone to dump him, but I'd expect to be told off If I picked it up and tried to hit that after doing so. That's just rude. You can tell your friend to step off, but you can't grab that ass later. Pick one or the other.

• Love 2

As repeated many times, it's not because it's Rachel or that she's a girl, it's because she was instrumental / involved in the Sam/Mercedes relationship by first encouraging Mercedes and then being among those who told her to split up, and this is the baggage, not just that she's their mutual friend. We should've expected Rachel to take it all well and have no feelings when Finn went back to Quinn? Now the presumed scenario is Rachel's dating Mercedes' ex in secret. Would there be a reason for that? Theoretically she's free and Sam's free to do what they want, practically and in real life too, human emotions and histories are involved which makes it at the very least awkward. 

Edited by fakeempress

Well we still don't know what the outcome will be for any of these 3. Also, if it is his free-will (or residual from hypnosis) than so be it. Everyone is making it seem as though Sam is such a prize. Mercedes is a successful recording artist who yes loved/loves Sam and he loved/loves her. Either way the speculation will soon be resolved. However, I still contend that which ever way the story ends it bad writing all the way around.

BTW I still don't think realistically speaking that there is any woman who would not be a little jarred by the fact that her ex-boyfriend who was inquiring about her status and showing some interest still would not be taken aback when that same ex gets with her friend, especially a friend she confided in and is now trying to help her find her way back. But that is just my opinion.

• Love 1
So we should've expected Rachel to take it all well and have no feelings when Finn went back to Quinn?

No.  But Rachel clearly was still distraught over Finn.  Everything seems to indicate that Mercedes doesn't care.  

Again, the in secret part, we have no idea if that is even true.

So, because Sam sits next to Rachel in a cart that must mean love? I guess since Kurt leaned over them he's going to try for a threesome. Whatever. A lot of those "moments" seemed like friendship moments...and I'm well aware of the A-Ha video. Media outlets could've been reading the same "spoilers" we've been getting. While I'm sure they're going to go there--because why not? It's Glee after all--I think some of their interactions are being blown out of proportion.

LOL No. That means flirtation, that means moments. Where the heck did I say it was love? The most significant thing they had in the 2 hour premiere was the Take on Me moment but Home was right behind that one.

Why didn't Samcedes have a moment in "Home", it would have been perfect. "Home is wherever I'm with you". You had Brittana, Quick, Tartie even had something nice so come on Samcedes would have been a no brainer but nope that didn't happen. You had Sam/Rachel. Meanwhile all Mercedes did was smile at everybody coming her way and wave. Like come on, that would have been the perfect opportunity.

Honestly the way I saw the premiere with Sam and Rachel is they're really having these two interact a lot and be placed together in scenes for a reason. It was in a platonic sense but like w/ Will and Emma for example in the beginning they had small moments but mostly it just showed that they were great friends and colleagues. The moments during the songs suggested the potential for more in the future but for now all they have are moments. That's the vibe I got from Sam/Rachel and how many times did they hammer into everybody's skulls in the premiere that Rachel = Will?

Nothing to do with it just being Rachel.  I think Sam is in the wrong too.  Thought Sam was wrong to date Brittany without talking to Santana.  Also no one said Sam/Rachel are not allowed to date.  What I said was she should at least talk to Mercedes about it before doing so.  Same with Sam.  He should at least talk to Mercedes before doing so. 

Why is anybody in the wrong if they're not with someone. Why should they have to ask for their ex's permission to date them? They're an ex for a reason and that's their business. That doesn't effect your potential relationship with the person. Especially after 6 months of being broken up. I think enough time has gone by then to me where they don't need anybody's permission to date each other.

Also maybe they're keeping it a secret because they're taking things as I said S.L.O.W.

Would you like to read the lyrics to "I'll Never Fall in Love Again"? There's a reason they're going slow, just look at the song. Even if the song implies that you will fall in love again with someone else, that doesn't mean that it's gonna be easy. Especially after how much you've been burned by love in the past. Rachel's loves died, egged her, cheated on her(she cheated back) and Sam's loves have all broken up with him(Quinn cheated on him) and he's the one that's gotten his heart broken time and time again. Oh and I'm sure Mercedes is gonna break his heart once again in episode 6 as well. Will she reveal she's seeing someone, she's no longer a virgin, or both? 

Edited by Hookian

No.  But Rachel clearly was still distraught over Finn.  Everything seems to indicate that Mercedes doesn't care.  

So we're back to the stoic black women have no feelings trope. I'm going to need a bigger bucket to hold my lack of surprise. Only Rachel's feelings matter. 

• Love 5

Again, the in secret part, we have no idea if that is even true.

We have no idea if any of the coming stuff is true. But there was a spoiler about Rachel dating Sam in secret, while I don't recall if there's a spoiler that Mercedes doesn't care and is ok with it. Maybe I missed it. However, based on the show's track record, I fully expect them  to make Mercedes feel exactly that, since they have her trek across state lines to deliver a pep talk to Rachel. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2
No.  But Rachel clearly was still distraught over Finn.  Everything seems to indicate that Mercedes doesn't care.

How would Rachel or Sam know that Mercedes doesn't care unless  they talk it out with her?  That is why before they go down this road they both owe her a conversation, that is if they value her friendship.  They may very well do that but we have no spoilers that they have.  If they don't at least say something has evolved between us and, while we are not asking your permission we thought as a friend we should tell you, then they have done something wrong.  It isn't as black and white as Rachel/Sam are being malicious or they have done nothing wrong.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

How would Rachel or Sam know that Mercedes doesn't care unless  they talk it out with her?  That is why before they go down this road they both owe her a conversation, that is if they value her friendship.  They may very well do that but we have no spoilers that they have.  If they don't at least say something has evolved between us and, while we are not asking your permission we thought as a friend we should tell you, then they have done something wrong.  It isn't as black and white as Rachel/Sam are being malicious or they have done nothing wrong.  

For all we know this could happen in episode 6 since there's no indication at all of a triangle even existing.

Edited by Hookian

And it's gross to single out Rachel if you're going to talk about any of these characters dating each other's exes just because she's a girl.  Or maybe it's because she's Rachel I guess.

Rachel could solve world hunger and still be deeply hated by some fans.   It's just the way fans view the show and it's characters.  No helping that. 

LOL No. That means flirtation, that means moments. Where the heck did I say it was love? The most significant thing they had in the 2 hour premiere was the Take on Me moment but Home was right behind that one.

Why didn't Samcedes have a moment in "Home", it would have been perfect

With the same logic, I can say Sam and Mercedes had a "moment" when he was sitting next to her and turned towards her, in the choir room and before when he asked her about "v-card", he was"leaning", wasn't he. Why would he keep such close contact and seem interested in the possibility of sexing her up if he was interested in Rachel as you suggest with these flirtations and moments, and not just friendly to Rachel. Sam is a very friendly guy. See, things can be spun another way too based on exactly the same scenes.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2
Rachel could solve world hunger and still be deeply hated by some fans.   It's just the way fans view the show and it's characters.  No helping that.

By the same token Rachel could kick puppies and screw every one of her friends over and some fans would find a way to defend her every move.  No helping that.  By the way that also applies to almost every character as there are irrational haters and stans for all of them. 

Edited by camussie
  • Love 4

These are the people who broke up an interracial lesbian relationship to give Sam a girlfriend so there was no way anybody could misconstrue Blaine's crush as a thing that could actually happen. Sam is really, really straight, yo. Really straight. Read the memo, Sam is very, very straight. Did they mention Sam is straight often enough? He is!

• Love 1

With the same logic, I can say Sam and Mercedes had a "moment" when he was sitting next to her and turned towards her, in the choir room and before when he asked her about "v-card", he was pretty close to her, wasn't he. Why would he keep such close contact and be interested in the possibility of sexing her up if he was interested in Rachel as you suggest with these flirtations and moments, and not just friendly. Sam is a very friendly guy. See, things can be spun another way too based on exactly the same scenes.

Whoa whoa hold up I did not say he's interested in Rachel yet. All I said was all those interactions with Rachel was to get the audience noticing things, so when it happens down the line it makes sense. I even said that the scenes in the premiere were to show that these two are great friends and colleagues platonically, but are clearly being set up for more down the line. 

The Take on Me moment cannot be spun anyway but the way I did it. They could have used any guy to do the scene with Rachel or any canon couple but they didn't, they chose Sam and Rachel, same with Home. That could have had a Samcedes moment but it didn't, it had once again Sam and Rachel. Mercedes smiled and waved to everybody by herself, could have been perfect to cut to Sam waving back. Didn't happen.

You can try twisting anything you want the fact is they gave Sam and Rachel screentime and a bunch of scenes together and 10 seconds for Samcedes. You can't twist the fact that they did not give a single moment to Samcedes during the songs in the episode but they gave them to Sam and Rachel including a very well known romantic moment in the original video of Take on Me. 

Are there any new (NON-SAM-RELATED) spoilers to discuss? Please?

Dot is in the studio, so a Beiste song is coming up. Maybe a duet w/ Sam but that would be Sam related.

Edited by Hookian
By the same token Rachel could kick puppies and screw every one of her friends over and some fans would find a way to defend her every move.  No helping that.  By the way that also applies to almost every character as their are irrational haters and stans for all of them.

Talking about extremes either way is a straw-man argument.  The point is true that people seem to think Rachel is doing something pretty awful to date a single dude because he used to go out with her friend, despite a mutual break-up and no seemingly hard feelings.  

I don't even like SAM!

• Love 1

Rachel's loves

Jesse- egged her and led her on. Apologized but Groff is busy so he won't come back.

Brody- cheated on her w/ her teacher and is a gigolo.

Finn- tragically killed because the actor playing him died.

Sam's loves

Quinn- cheated on him, he proposed to her 2 episodes into their storyline.

Mercedes- broke up twice off screen, broke up again a third time on screen. 

Brittany- married her, she broke up w/ him. He got his heart broken again

Penny- don't know, off screen

One thing Sam's break ups all have in common(the ones that happened on screen) they all break up w/ him. Oh and in every single one of those relationships, he's declared the other their soul mate so I don't take anything that boy says seriously. 

Are you still wondering why they may be keeping their relationship a secret? I mean look at that track record of there's. Then look at the song they're singing. Do you honestly think that they won't go slow after all the times they've been burned by love in the past?

Edited by Hookian

By the same token Rachel could kick puppies and screw every one of her friends over and some fans would find a way to defend her every move.  No helping that.  By the way that also applies to almost every character as there are irrational haters and stans for all of them.

That's why I referred to "Characters" in my post, and how that's just the way it is.

I don't even like SAM!

For the most part, I'm not especially fond of him either.   It's amazing the ripple effect spoilers can have.

Edited by Advance35

Responding about Sam's loves in the all episode thread.

As for the Sam/Bieste stuff I am not even a big Puck fan it annoys me they  are now trying to recreate the Puck/Bieste mentorship with Sam/Bieste.  Must they co-opt every other relationship on this show to try and sell this character as a lead?

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Responding about Sam's loves in the all episode thread.

As for the Sam/Bieste stuff I am not even a big Puck fan it annoys me they  are now trying to recreate the Puck/Bieste mentorship with Sam/Bieste.  Must they co-opt every other relationship on this show to try and sell this character as a lead?

Seems the agenda of the week.

One thing Sam's break ups all have in common(the ones that happened on screen) they all break up w/ him. Oh and in every single one of those relationships, he's declared the other their soul mate so I don't take anything that boy says seriously. 

Are you still wondering why they may be keeping their relationship a secret? I mean look at that track record of there's. Then look at the song they're singing. Do you honestly think that they won't go slow after all the times they've been burned by love in the past?

Judging by the fact that Sam proposes to his "soulmate" very quickly in every relationship without actually thinking about who the person is and why he actually likes them, I don't see this relationship as being any different. Especially with the fact they have less than 13 episodes to do it.

Judging by the fact that Sam proposes to his "soulmate" very quickly in every relationship without actually thinking about who the person is and why he actually likes them, I don't see this relationship as being any different. Especially with the fact they have less than 13 episodes to do it.

I don't want to see Sam and Rachel engaged by the end of this series, heck no. Except if it's in a flashfoward YEARS from where they left off like at Rachel's Tony ceremony then I wouldn't mind. I don't need no more engagements or crap on Glee. I've had my fair share of it over the years of watching this show particularly teen marriage and engagement.

The fact that they're singing that song, is probably all the proof you need that they're gonna take it slow. Look at the lyrics, that says it all.

Just end it with them saying they love each other and that it isn't over or something. Not everything on Glee needs to be marriage and children, please no.

Edited by Hookian

Goes on my list of horrible ending ideas for the show to have Rachel's big moment of winning a Tony turned into another engagement.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

Yes, because songs and their lyrics always fit when used on Glee.

So what other way can you twist that song other than two people singing about basically how love has pretty much screwed them over every time and they've been the one that have been burned in the end?

Goes on my list of horrible ending ideas for the show to have Rachel's big moment of winning a Tony turned into another engagement.

I didn't say anything about there being an engagement in the FF. I just said she would make a reference or something like in her speech. You know thank such and such. 

Edited by Hookian

And you keep ignoring the fact these others won't be hooking up up with Sam and keeping it a secret. That's why it's Rachel and not the others being discussed. If they were going to get with Sam, you bet they will be discussed. 

Whoa whoa hold up I did not say he's interested in Rachel yet. All I said was all those interactions with Rachel was to get the audience noticing things

So if Sam isn't interested in Rachel, the audience is supposed to notice something that isn't there? 

These are anvils, not "moments" for the characters. 

Edited by fakeempress

Don't remember if we've recapped the song spoilers for episode 4 (The Hurt Locker Part 1)

“Bitch” by Meredith Brooks – Sung by Sue Sylvester
“A Thousand Miles” – by Vanessa Carlton – Sung by Rachel and Sam
“Rock Lobster” – by B52s – Sung by Clint and Vocal Adrenaline
“Whip It” – by Devo – Sung by Clint and Vocal Adrenaline

No song spoilers for Ep 5 yet (The Hurt Locker Part 2) but Kitty is in the episode helping out Rachel with a setlist for the invitational. [source]

Don't remember if we've recapped the song spoilers for episode 4 (The Hurt Locker Part 1)

“Bitch” by Meredith Brooks – Sung by Sue Sylvester

“A Thousand Miles” – by Vanessa Carlton – Sung by Rachel and Sam

“Rock Lobster” – by B52s – Sung by Clint and Vocal Adrenaline

“Whip It” – by Devo – Sung by Clint and Vocal Adrenaline

No song spoilers for Ep 5 yet (The Hurt Locker Part 2) but Kitty is in the episode helping out Rachel with a setlist for the invitational. [source]

Yes and Sam is recruiting Spencer to the club, why we do not know. Also we definitely do not know how he ends up convincing Spencer. Mainly bc he was offered the quarterback position and still said no.