Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Not Just a Pretty Face

yeswedo

When SEC investigator Sean Cahill fails to link his corrupt boss Eric Woodall and corporate raider Charles Forstman, Harvey must revisit his own uncomfortable past in order to find a way to put them away for good. Mike and Rachel confront the fact that, while Rachel is Harvey’s associate, Mike is his guy. And Donna helps Louis with an unexpected crisis.

Donna's working for Louis.  Yes!  That is awesome.

Rick Hoffman is 100% gold.  He's the reason I've stuck with this show.  He nailed every scene tonight.  It really is kind of a shame that he hasn't gotten an award nomination for his work.

• Love 4

Donna and Louis are the only reasons I watch this show.  Well....Harvey's hotness helps.  The writing/plots are not very good and Mike is an insufferable little twit.

Why can't I remember Louis' departed secretary?  Was she in many episodes?  Yes, Hoffman should get some award for his work on this show.  He is amazing.

• Love 1

Donna and Louis are the only reasons I watch this show.  Well....Harvey's hotness helps.  The writing/plots are not very good and Mike is an insufferable little twit.

Why can't I remember Louis' departed secretary?  Was she in many episodes?  Yes, Hoffman should get some award for his work on this show.  He is amazing.

I don't think we ever got a glimpse of the much-mentioned "Norma."

• Love 1

Louis and Donna with the urns?  Made me weepy.  I love how Louis expressed his anger/tears.  And I also like that Louis has a little cat statue on his desk.  I've been hoping he gets another feline companion. 

Mike and Rachel? Ok, fine.  I wish we could have seen or heard the conversation with Mike and her dad.  

• Love 1

I hope Harvey's new secretary is intelligent and professional. I don't need any more reminders of how awesome Donna is at everything!

Ooh, is Mike's former secretary still looking for work? She'd fit right in at PSL.

I hope Harvey's new secretary is intelligent and professional. I don't need any more reminders of how awesome Donna is at everything!

Ooh, is Mike's former secretary still looking for work? She'd fit right in at PSL.

I love Donna, but they are laying it on a little thick lately.  

• Love 4

Oh yes...like the shrieking Mother in the background  on Big Bang Theory ;))

Rest in Peace Mrs Wolowitz.

Yeah the "I'm Donna" stuff was laid on thick, I like it when it's like in season 1 where it's a small mention, but damn the finale was insane with it.  The ultimate example of her being awesome though, was her helping Louis without a second thought.  Man, I'm really pumped to see those 2 interact more.

• Love 2

Finally saw the season finale...so is the big cliffhanger: "whatever will Harvey do without Donna and how will he win her back?" or "how much fun are Louis and Donna going to have together?"

I'm just so glad it's not Mike-centric.

• Love 1

I wish I could wear a t-shirt "I adore Rick Hoffman." 

Harvey's Donna love: I don't get it. Early in the run, the actors had chemistry, but since Donna's firing (I get confused with the half seasons- season 3?), there's a cohesion that's missing. They used to believably finish one another's sentences (I miss vague discussion of and excitement over pre-trial rituals). Now, their scenes are hardly ever fun and certainly do not sell underlying amorous intentions. Either Harvey being in love with Donna or Donna wanting Harvey to be in love with her are ill conceived retcons of the highest order.

Did Rachel lie to Mike about how she felt about sending poor Zeljko Ivanek's character's Alzheimer beleaguered wife to cheap care so that she could disclose all to Harvey and thus raise his opinion of her? Huh?

Proposal- pretty ring. Not much chance they'll pull that off without a nasty stoopid scandal. 

• Love 1

Proposal- pretty ring. Not much chance they'll pull that off without a nasty stoopid scandal. 

Well, duh. Trevor and/or lawyer guy from that flashback episode will crash the wedding right when the officiant asks if anyone has any objections - then he'll collapse from a heart attack in the middle of saying "Mike Ross is a---"

Finally saw the season finale...so is the big cliffhanger: "whatever will Harvey do without Donna and how will he win her back?" or "how much fun are Louis and Donna going to have together?"

I'm just so glad it's not Mike-centric.

I will take this cliffhanger over any cliffhanger involving The Big Not-so-secret Secret or the firm possibly splitting up.

• Love 2
(edited)

"She was MY battleaxe!"

I think this show could have used some Norma.

I only watch this show sporadically because I got tired of the oil slick.  Can we spin off a Louis and Norma series?  I'm already amused at the thought of Louis eye-rolling Norma drinking tea from her "I got LITT UP" mug.

Edited by candall
  • Love 1

Can we spin off a Louis and Norma series?  I'm already amused at the thought of Louis eye-rolling Norma drinking tea from her "I got LITT UP" mug.

I am in favor of this, but only if the series is set in the past.  Otherwise, it is just Louis talking to a urn.

• Love 2

Well, duh. Trevor and/or lawyer guy from that flashback episode will crash the wedding right when the officiant asks if anyone has any objections - then he'll collapse from a heart attack in the middle of saying "Mike Ross is a---"

Nah- production team could choose to avoid the garbage altogether and have them get hitched during hiatus a la 1982 in Niagra Falls. Or tell tales of a random destination wedding in sand and sun somewhere (it's not hard to imagine, Mike has no blood relations and few friends).

Opening the season a few months ahead could do wonders for the stale plot points and beleaguered, continual, never ending Mike's a fraud, everyone's a fraud, practically everyone knows Mike's a fraud silliness.   

• Love 1

I love Donna, but they are laying it on a little thick lately.  

Laying it on very thick indeed. I've never been a fan of the "I'm Donna" shtik, but it was downright insufferable tonight.

As someone who is in the same line of work as Donna, I am finding her insufferable.

• Love 4

As someone who is in the same line of work as Donna, I am finding her insufferable.

I've been always thinking that secretary job must be so hard b/c you have to meddle in every goddamn business of your precious boss. like even his personal life.  It's really creepy. Donna's been annoying since... like I don't even remember. I liked her in season 1 tho. "I'm Donna. I know everything." shtick is just UGH. pls  just shut up.

• Love 1

Nah- production team could choose to avoid the garbage altogether and have them get hitched during hiatus a la 1982 in Niagra Falls. Or tell tales of a random destination wedding in sand and sun somewhere (it's not hard to imagine, Mike has no blood relations and few friends).

Opening the season a few months ahead could do wonders for the stale plot points and beleaguered, continual, never ending Mike's a fraud, everyone's a fraud, practically everyone knows Mike's a fraud silliness.   

But the writers love the secret plotline so much! We can't deprive the poor, poor writers of their favorite dead horse!

• Love 1

I think Donna and Louis would make a good pair romantically, like marriage, kids, the whole nine yards. 

I've been pondering this ever since I read your post.  I LIKE IT!  Make it so.

• Love 1

My problem with this show is that they drag a story line out all season (or even into the hiatus) so that by the time they wrap it up, I no longer know nor care about it.  They they rush the wrap up so fast, I'm confused.  But I don't care enough to try to figure it out.  I had forgotten so much about Cahill, Woodall and Forstman the resolution wasn't satisfying the way it should have been.

That seems to be a consistent writing style this show has--drag out the whatever-the-new-conflict-is all season, then rush the wrap up.  It really doesn't work for me as a viewer.

I hope the writers and producers know what a treasure they have in Louis, because he's the saving grace of this show. 

• Love 1

Yeah the way Harvey got Forstman made no sense. The dude didn't actually admit to a crime. He said "that may be the truth". That's not an admission of guilt, it's a complete dismissal of Harvey's claim.

Also where were those dudes hiding ? In the conference room ?