Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

http://www.eonline.com/photos/19301/2016-fall-tv-spoiler-rama/715871

2016 FALL TV SPOILER-RAMA

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW(THE CW)

When to Watch: Thursday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. 
What to Expect: There is so much cool stuff coming up for the Legends (like new team members, and a battle with the Legion of Doom!) that you'd think they wouldn't have time for romance, but this is the CW, so of course they do. Sara, in particular, will be finding herself in multiple romantic scenarios.  "She's kind of a player this season," Caity Lotz said of the Canary. "A dude and a girl in every port. It's not her fault that everybody wants to hook up with her!"

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

I hope I end up caring about these new characters more than I feel like I will at the moment. None of them arouses the slightest interest for me, but then I didn't know who some of the Season 1 characters were (specifically Sara, Ray, Rip, Jax) and now I love them so I'm willing to give the new ones a chance. And I am very curious to know what the situation is between Green Arrow and Mick.

I wish we'd start hearing spoilers about Snart's re-appearance. 

Edited by kirinan

The episode description says the Legends have been missing in different points in time for 6 months. I think Oliver somehow hears about it, maybe from the new guy. Then I guess they find the Waverider with Mick on it. That's my guess. 

1 hour ago, kirinan said:

I hope I end up caring about these new characters more than I feel like I will at the moment. None of them arouses the slightest interest for me, but then I didn't know who some of the Season 1 characters were (specifically Sara, Ray, Rip, Jax) and now I love them so I'm willing to give the new ones a chance. And I am very curious to know what the situation is between Green Arrow and Mick.

I wish we'd start hearing spoilers about Snart's re-appearance. 

I think it's way too early to judge the newbies. At least they're probably not worse than the Hawks.

I'm with you on Snart though. Has WM been filming, at least? 

• Love 2

Guys I really want to like this show and I've been trying to hang on, I have enjoyed reading the conversations here. I think the reboot will be a breath of fresh air. I am not familiar with the comic legend so I'm coming in with fresh eyes. 

• Love 2

I think it's way too early to judge the newbies.

Partially agree. I know I already love Vixen (brand), due to the animated show and Arrow live action starring. I like what I hear of the 40s Vixen so far.

The new guy however, I will give him a chance but he seems bland and unnecessary. Another (presumably straight) white male in his 30s is not what this show needed. So far I have not heard anything to be curious about the character either 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -.

Edited by DCLeague
  • Love 1

Review: Legends of Tomorrow Starts Season 2 Strong

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/09/23/review-legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-premiere/

DC's Legends of Tomorrow will kick off its second season in October, and the first episode features multiple romps through spacetime, a guest appearance byArrow's Stephen Amell, and a restructuring of the team's mission -- and some of their methods.

The biggest difference is their mission, which is to get rid of temporal anomalies. It isn't immediately clear what's causing the anomalies, although by the end of the premiere audiences will start to get a sense for it.
The crew suffers a loss in the premiere. How they will handle that is going to be some interesting storytelling going forward in the season. It's a surprising moment, but it lacks some emotional punch because it's (probably intentionally) unclear exactly what happened.

Tonally, the show has shifted somewhat: it's more Supergirl or The Flash than Arrow. That was always true, but it feels like more of a conscious choice this time out. As with the craziness of the time-travel elements, the lightheartedness, the humor, and the camp is dialed way up this time around. We've got some realBill & Ted-style comedy going on in this episode in terms of how they interact with historical figures.
And a pretty fun episode: in addition to setting a new status quo, giving us some high-concept time-travel hijinks, and guest-starring Stephen Amell (always a plus), there's a framing device for the episode that makes it virtually impossible not to enjoy -- even if about halfway through the episode it loses some of its punch because you start to see where the story is going.

• Love 1

Interesting!  I think I'm calling Rip as the loss.  It'd make sense given what we've seen of the earlier materials.  (Hopefully that'll mean we'll see where he, or whoever, ended up though.  I'd be sad if we had another Hawkman situation, given that I actually like everyone on the crew.)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, DCLeague said:

LOL

... but let's get the whole sentence :)

Hardcore fanboys there for the JSA will be disappointed, but if they stick around for just one week, they'll be rewarded for that loyalty.

Of course, they won't have the JSA's heaviest hitters; the Spectre and Doctor Fate, particularly the former, tend to fall into the "why do they need any other heroes" levels of power.  But I'm looking forward to seeing what we are getting, nonetheless.

Also, this came out recently:

Among the JSA members that have been cast for Season 2, it turns out there are two Obsidians. When the team first meets the hero, he is played by Dan Payne (Strange Empire). The previously announced Lance Henriksen then plays a future version of the character.

• Love 1

One of the other summaries said the team is looking for Rip. Which is why I think he'll be gone for a couple of the beginning episodes. Arthur talked about the big twist for his character and we haven't heard much about his character's storyline. Along with them saying that Sara is taking more of a leadership role. 

• Love 1

I am hoping we'll see a glimpse or two of where he ends up though.  Like, if he's a prisoner or stranded somewhere.  Not a huge part of the episode, obviously, but some side scenes would be good, IMO.  We've got so few episodes that I dislike the thought of any of the characters not being in every episode.  :-)

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 1

Description for ep 2. I figured Rip wasn't as involved since there hasn't been much on his storyline. I like that Stein puts him self in charge but Sara's the one calling shots, probably because Stein's indecisive. 

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

“The Justice Society of America” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

TEAM WORK — The Legends travel to Nazi-occupied Paris, but find themselves surrounded by the Justice Society of America (AKA JSA.) The Legends discover a time aberration that threatens the JSA, but the JSA wants nothing to do with them or their help. Nevertheless, the Legends force their way into the JSA’s mission to intercept and seize a mysterious package. Nate (Nick Zano) is desperate to prove that he should be part of the team, but he has a secret that he shares with his grandfather Commander Steel (Matthew MacCaull) that might make it difficult. Ray (Brandon Routh) is so focused on impressing the JSA, he puts himself and Vixen (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) in danger. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) has stepped in as the leader with Rip (Arthur Darvill) gone, but when decisions aren’t being made Sara (Caity Lotz) seems to be the one calling the shots.  Dominic Purcell and Franz Drameh also star. Michael Grossman directed the episode written by Chris Fedak & Sarah Nicole Jones (#202).  Original airdate 10/20/2016.

JSA.jpg

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Wow, they look great.  I take it that's Commander Steel on the right?  The others are, L-R, Stargirl, Dr. Mid-Nite, Hourman (I wonder if he had that buckle in the S1 finale), Obsidian, and Vixen grand-mère.  I never read the comics with Stargirl, but my understanding is that there, she was a teenager with braces; this one's obviously older.

• Love 1

Something I've been kicking around...

• We've been told what storyline is being adapted for the crossover.
  • Mon-El is in the pod on Supergirl.
  • If you watch this week's DC All Access (below), there's a DC VP talking about Mon-El and the Legion flight ring that we've seen in the Fortress of Solitude, and then he says something like "Would you like to see the Legion?  I'd certainly like to see the Legion."

My speculation: the Waverider is going to make it to the 31st Century this year, and we're going to meet the Legion of Super-Heroes!

(It could also happen on Supergirl, of course!)

IIRC, Rip Hunter had a fairly significant part in the Invasion comics plot, so I wonder if that means he'll be back/rejoined the team by then.  I wouldn't expect to see anything about him though either way, because that seems like the sort of plotline that they'd keep underwraps.

We did see a Legion ring on Supergirl, so we know they exist.  The Waverider would be the perfect opportunity to meet them toward the end of the season.  It'd be a nice bookend to meeting the JSA in episode 2.

I thought it was weird that Arthur Darvill hasn't been in any of the BTS pics. That made me think he wasn't going to be on the show that much. They also started talking up Sara becoming the leader and how Rip was always training her to take over. I now wonder how much he will be in it, they just filmed the Crossover episode which is episode 7 for LoT. 

• Love 1

It's really a bit too early to judge that kind of thing.  He isn't in any of the BTS pictures that we've seen, but to be fair, we've also caught only the slightest glimpse or two of Vixen, and we've only ever seen Heywood in civilian mode (as opposed to whatever Citizen Steel powers/costume he might end up with.)

Most of the BTS stuff we've seen have been Sara and Ray, with maybe a glimpse or two of the others.  That makes sense to me, because while they clearly have their own character arcs coming up, we're not as likely to be spoiled by just seeing them in Samurai armor or a cowboy hat.  The others may be more of a spoiler.

Given how the season synopsis made a point of the "mysterious fate of former Captain Rip Hunter" it seems likely that whatever's going on with him would be a significant spoiler for the season.   If we're talking about an abduction or disappearance, or even if he's left willingly, then they're definitely going to be very careful to keep any photos or information from leaking.  Even a behind the scenes photo would possibly leak a little too much about where Rip is, and if/when he rejoins the rest of the team.

Since we haven't heard anything about Darvill's status being changed to regular or recurring, there's no reason to think that we won't see him in some form or other in most of the episodes.  

Tangentially: I'm not sure what I think about Sara's new top.  It's very pretty (and I've always liked when she wears the jacket), but I've always thought both White Canary tops look very stiff and uncomfortable.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 1

Some teaser dialogue. 

1. “They’re not in trouble… they’re dead”

2. [Vile witch, you have corrupted the women of our village!] "In my defence, they were happily corrupted."
3. “Without that fancy suit, you’re nothing but a self-righteous rich guy”
4. "I’ve been waiting a long time for this. [Long time for what?] To kill you."
5. "I don't have time to time travel."

I think 1 is Mick, 2 is said to Sara, 4 is Sara. 3 is said to Ray and 5 is Oliver. 

• Love 1

I don't think Rip's gone for good. I just don't think he's a big part of this season. 

I did like that reviews I've seen so far said the team works much better together without the dead weight of the Hawks. 

If he is filming another show, I wonder why it isn't mentioned. I suppose he could've filmed some scenes to be used for flashbacks or holograms or something to be shown on screen to keep his regular status.