Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I think Ray and Jay Garrick should have a contest to see who the biggest idiot is. Although Ray just seems to be too nice of a guy and that makes him seem dumb when it comes to reading the situation.

I was just thinking that if Ray survives this - he is going to be a really different guy when he gets back to his own timeline.

• Love 2

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/19/love-is-in-the-air-in-legends-of-tomorrows-night-of-the-hawk-syn/

The team tracks Savage (guest star Casper Crump) to a small town in Oregon during the 1950s. Upon arrival, they discover there have been a recent string of murders and they suspect Savage is involved. Professor Stein (Victor Garber) and Sara (Caity Lotz) go undercover at a psychiatric hospital, where Savage is working as a doctor, to find out his plan. While there, Sara meets a nurse named Lindsay (guest star Ali Liebert) and sparks fly. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) and Kendra (Ciara Renée) pretend to be a married couple to gain the neighborhood’s trust, but an interracial couple in the ‘50s isn’t something that goes unnoticed. Soon, Savage is at their door.

Gremlins director Joe Dante helmed the episode, which was written by Sarah Nicole Jones and Cortney Norris. "Night of the Hawk" will air on March 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

Are Sara and Stein going undercover in a mental hospital as patients or as medical professionals? Either way should be interesting.

Also does she have a different jacket a longer one?

tumblr_o2s6icU64T1uvcgjlo1_500.gif

Edited by Sakura12

Clips from tonight's episode

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-106-star.html

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/captain-cold-heat-wave-enjoy-star-city-2046-in-new-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-clip

And posting a link to the Marooned pictures here as well

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 1.07 - Marooned - Promotional Photos

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-107.html

Edited by tarotx

I mentioned it on the ARROW forum, in light of possible cast reshuffling for s2 of LoT, but I thought I would mention it here as well.

Depending upon the filming schedule of "Prison Break", I wouldn't be surprised (esp after last week) if they leave Snart & Mick in another timeline to accommodate them being off the show for awhile. And then when their availability becomes more open, the team will have a rescue mission to get them back.

Right now, about the only people I can see guaranteed for s2 is Rip & Sara. Although I will be really interested to see what their plans for s2 are. Because if they eliminate VS, do they really need to keep Kendra? But if they get rid of VS, then who becomes the new big bad... yet I cannot see them getting another full season of chasing VS in s2.

They're not going to do another season of chasing Vandal Savage - they said that up front. That story will end this season. Whatever happens next season, it'll be a whole new story, although hopefully not a whole new cast.

Oh thank you!! I forgot that part of the promotion. I hope they keep with that promise. Because as much as I love VS hanging with all the bad guys throughout time. I think the whole cat & mouse game is getting boring. It also doesn't help that Crump has a very chill laid back persona, so VS does not feel even the most amount of intimidating. And frankly, week after week Kendra is one of the weakest links, so any reason they could lose her on the ship might be a good thing. The girl seems sweet, but her performances are just so dull.

Here's what I'm wondering. Doesn't the whole narrative fall apart with Savage? Rip wants to save the future (let's face it, primarily his wife and son). He recruited a bunch of people he says time won't miss if they don't come back to help him achieve this goal. But if they succeed, and Savage is killed, then that dark future is prevented and presumably his family will be alive. So why would he continue to stay apart from them?

I've wondered that myself. They were pretty clear that the Vandal Savage story is going to end this season. But what does that do for Rip and the Waverider if they're not hunting Savage next season? Seems like an expensive set to just abandon. Of course, if they don't get renewed, it's a moot point. But if they do....*shrug* I don't know.

I'm pretty sure that time won't allow them to Kill Vandal before he kills at least Rip's wife (she died first). I think Vandal will die in Rip's present-hence saving the future though not Rip's family. Rip needs incentive to go after Vandal. Maybe they will let him save his son before Kendra Kills Vandal. 

Though who knows with this creative him-time travel isn't really in their wheel house. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

But, Rip has a time machine, and a reliable one at that. He knows exactly when and where his family is killed. There is no reason he can't land the Waverider just before the attack starts, send out the team, and wait for Savage to show up, dogpile on him and have Kendra repeatedly stab him until her arm gives out while he hugs his wife and son. Then everybody, from the team to Mrs. Hunter and little Hunter should also get a stab or two, even though Savage would be long dead by that point, then the camera can pull back and show a long line of people from throughout history waiting to have a go. End season.

Here's what I'm wondering. Doesn't the whole narrative fall apart with Savage? Rip wants to save the future (let's face it, primarily his wife and son). He recruited a bunch of people he says time won't miss if they don't come back to help him achieve this goal. But if they succeed, and Savage is killed, then that dark future is prevented and presumably his family will be alive. So why would he continue to stay apart from them?

Because after they defeat Savage in the past(ish) they learn that he had prevented the rise of an even worse tyrant who kills Rips wife, son and his little puppy dog, too.  Now the team has to travel throughout time to defeat the coming terror of Litterbug Caveman!

My guess: they MAY save Rip's family (or, more likely, son) but something will happen (most likely due to the Time Masters' meddling) so Rip would be separated from him/them. Also I suspect they'll be hunting Rip down for his disobedience (or maybe even will be revealed as actual villains - would be cool to connect them with Reverse Flash to make it all tie together while we're at it). Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Waverider gets damaged in some way to shake up the formula (maybe no more precise time jumps?) Anyway, I definitely feel like Rip (the captain of the Wave Rider) and Sara (as the most popular character) are safe, while Kendra, Snart and Mick are the most likely to be gone. 

• Love 1

My guess: they MAY save Rip's family (or, more likely, son) but something will happen (most likely due to the Time Masters' meddling) so Rip would be separated from him/them. Also I suspect they'll be hunting Rip down for his disobedience (or maybe even will be revealed as actual villains - would be cool to connect them with Reverse Flash to make it all tie together while we're at it). Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Waverider gets damaged in some way to shake up the formula (maybe no more precise time jumps?) Anyway, I definitely feel like Rip (the captain of the Wave Rider) and Sara (as the most popular character) are safe, while Kendra, Snart and Mick are the most likely to be gone. 

Short of Wentworth Miller not wanting to continue, I can't see them getting rid of Snart either. He has a clear anti-hero to hero arc in front of him, gets some of the best lines, and has been given meatier material to play with (frankly, I think he's one of the better actors on the show). I think Kendra is definitely expendable, both since they don't seem to know how to write her and she seems to be the least popular character (which would be easy enough to do if the Savage arc is concluded by the end of the season), and Mick could go either way. I believe it was stated in an interview at one point that the Prison Break filming had been discussed and would be worked around Legends schedule, so that likely wouldn't factor into any final decisions. 

• Love 1
Short of Wentworth Miller not wanting to continue, I can't see them getting rid of Snart either.

I was speaking specifically about the actors' availability because WM has hinted that he may not be in s2. Otherwise, yeah, he's a pretty popular character, I don't think they'd write him off.

• Love 1

I was speaking specifically about the actors' availability because WM has hinted that he may not be in s2. Otherwise, yeah, he's a pretty popular character, I don't think they'd write him off.

He never hinted at not being in s2, which is why he's talked a lot about Prison Break having to be filmed between LOTs filming.

But, Rip has a time machine, and a reliable one at that. He knows exactly when and where his family is killed. There is no reason he can't land the Waverider just before the attack starts, send out the team, and wait for Savage to show up, dogpile on him and have Kendra repeatedly stab him until her arm gives out while he hugs his wife and son. Then everybody, from the team to Mrs. Hunter and little Hunter should also get a stab or two, even though Savage would be long dead by that point, then the camera can pull back and show a long line of people from throughout history waiting to have a go. End season.

Time machines can only get you there.  Once there, there will be unexpected problems that get in the way of the plan.  Maybe Rip will think he's saved his family only to be distracted trying to help kill VS and save his team only for something to happen to his family.  Cue at least the son being snatched up by another traveler in time.  Where is his kid now?  Is he being taken to different places and times or just randomly left behind some place/time?  But yeah, if the wife doesn't die in the finale, she'll bite it during the following season (and or turn evil?). 

He never hinted at not being in s2, which is why he's talked a lot about Prison Break having to be filmed between LOTs filming.

I don't remember the exact quote, but it was more like him talking about the show not necessarily having the same cast next season. I know he wasn't the only one who's mentioned that, but for some reason, it struck me as an implication we may not see him and/or Heatwave in other seasons. But we'll see, I suppose.

I think the Prof (Hawks' kid) death in the 1st or 2nd episode was given as an example of how you can't just use the time machine to pull people out of the situation that causes their death to save them. If their death was supposed to happen will most likely still happen, just in a different way. Rip is probably working under the belief that his family was not supposed to die at the time they did. Therefore, in his theory if he can stop the rise of VS, than he can stop the reason behind why they were killed. Therefore saving their lives and the world. And if he fails to save his family, at least with VS's death, he has avenged them and saved other lives.

Honestly, I don't try to think about it too hard, since the rules of time travel and death seem to be very fluid on this show. I do wonder if the team will be successful in defeating VS. However, not successful in saving Rip's family. Which is how for s2, Rip will want to stay on Waverider and help defeat another big bad since he has no family to return to and has found a new purpose in his life.

Messing with your own time line is what the show is trying to take on but Limit. They had The Hawks try and save their son but it didn't work and the man still died. They had Stein interact with his younger self and they messed it up a bit but they had some time to fix it because time is like cement and needs time to set but the longer it takes to fi a mistake the harder it is to shape. And then they had Snart try and stop his dad from having to go to jail but his dad is his dad and still went to jail. because of the stone And perhaps Snart's interaction with his dad is what caused the chaos in the first place. This dad spend 5 years thinking about the man who gave him the stone. Though there is a bit of a timey whimey there. And they are having Rip interact with Vandal and each time has increased Vandal's legend and inspiration to Kill Rip's family leading to the events that caused Rip to go back in time to fix. And this past episode showed how Rip taking Sara (and Ray) out of Star might have had an affect on the timeline even if her(their) names aren't connected to the timeline events. Rip trying to tell her there is still time to make sure this nightmare Star city doesn't happen. 

All of that is what makes me think Kendra will have to Kill Savage in Rip's present day. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, am I misremembering, or was there a picture of Dominic Purcell in old west gear? I thought it was from The Magnificent Eight episode. Might that mean he's not really dead?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
(edited)

Maybe they dropped him in the wild, wild, west as a place he'd fit into and only mad the audience think they'd killed him?

So next week they are going to the fifties and having to deal with racial indignities. Isn't this the week where Ray and Kendra play house? It occurs to me the big rush to get Kendra and Ray together was just so they could have their conflict in the upcoming episode.

Edited by BkWurm1

Yep, this is the one. Not looking forward to this one. Undecover as lovers is not my favorite trope.

I have to think Heatwave's not dead because we haven't seen a body... but it would be such a cool twist if he is. I really hope somebody could find some set reports or something.

(edited)

CL posted a picture of Dominick in wild west gear. I assumed that's from episode 12.

I don't care about the Ray and Kendra plot. I'm interested in Sara and Stien going undercover in a mental hospital. Where Sara meets her new woman love interest.

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnQUUVuGSn/?taken-by=caitylotz

CL posted a picture of Dominick in wild west gear. I assumed that's from episode 12.

I don't care about the Ray and Kendra plot. I'm interested in Sara and Stien going undercover in a mental hospital. Where Sara meets her new woman love interest.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnQUUVuGSn/?taken-by=caitylotz

And Dominick was also seen filming last week.

http://yvrshoots.com/2016/02/shoot-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-with-caity-lotz-wentworth-miller-dominic-purcell-arthur-darvill-casper-crump-in-vancouvers-robson-square.html#.Vtl_HSgrLIU

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
(edited)

The fact that we didn't see Cold shoot Mick would be enough to make me think he didn't (that and the fact that they seem to want to make Cold an anti-hero) but the interview I read with the actor who plays him was also playing in my head and he did not sound like an actor who had been written out after just a few episodes.  In fact, it sounded like he might be up for being in another season if the show gets picked up.  Then I thought about the "Magnificent Eight" title and I was like "no way he's dead."

But I am very interested in what Cold did do to him and how he will come back.  I wonder if this is a big caper between Mick and Snart that they worked out while Rip was trying to figure out where to go (I think Stein did say it had been three weeks since they left 2046).  Something like - ok I get it, you're bored.  How about first chance we get, we stage you betraying the team and I drop you off somewhere you can do a little robbing and pillaging and we pick you up again when we're done?

Of course I think the Heatwave popsicle is also just as likely.

Edited by nksarmi