Type keyword(s) to search

S20: Suzanne Somers: Two's Company

• Start Topic

Of course she's with Tony.  I guess maybe it's because Tony is a little older himself, but he always seems to get stuck with the 60 year olds that are cannon fodder.  Why doesn't he regularly get paired up with the younger competitors?

• Love 1

I'm interested in seeing her, I've been a lifelong fan. She also grew up 2 towns over from where I did in California. Her brother is married to my moms best friends sister (got that?). As a teenager I read her first book and it really spoke to me, as I had been in the same position as a teen as she had as a young girl. Great story, sad upbringing.

I have to admit, I was not impressed with her at the cast announcement on GMA. Suzanne, don't lie and say you watch the show if you really don't. Or if you do, pay attention.

GMA: Suzanne, which previous cast member would you like to emulate?

Suzanne: Uh...uh...the winner!

GMA: What dance are you least looking forward to?

Suzanne: Uh...uh...the two step!

Tony: (standing behind her, whispering): we don't do the two step.  Wah-wah.

Little bit of 5 (or 2?) degrees of Dancing with the Stars....at the end of her book (and many, many performances after) she speaks of feeling good on stage while singing, "I Got a New Attitude!"

I'm interested in seeing her, I've been a lifelong fan. She also grew up 2 towns over from where I did in California. Her brother is married to my moms best friends sister (got that?). As a teenager I read her first book and it really spoke to me, as I had been in the same position as a teen as she had as a young girl. Great story, sad upbringing.

I have to admit, I was not impressed with her at the cast announcement on GMA. Suzanne, don't lie and say you watch the show if you really don't. Or if you do, pay attention.

GMA: Suzanne, which previous cast member would you like to emulate?

Suzanne: Uh...uh...the winner!

GMA: What dance are you least looking forward to?

Suzanne: Uh...uh...the two step!

Tony: (standing behind her, whispering): we don't do the two step.  Wah-wah.

Some 40 years later and she's still doing Chrissy Snow.  *eyeroll*

• Love 2

I'm interested in seeing her, I've been a lifelong fan. She also grew up 2 towns over from where I did in California. Her brother is married to my moms best friends sister (got that?).

Then I grew up two towns over from you, too! Yay SF Peninsula!

She and her dad filmed her (1970s) Lifesavers commercial at the park a long block away from our house. My friends who passed it on the way to school were all abuzz that day at school. Yep, I'm old.

I've always had a soft spot for her because of the hometown link. She may be one of Tony's better older partners.

• Love 1

Then I grew up two towns over from you, too! Yay SF Peninsula!

She and her dad filmed her (1970s) Lifesavers commercial at the park a long block away from our house. My friends who passed it on the way to school were all abuzz that day at school. Yep, I'm old.

I've always had a soft spot for her because of the hometown link. She may be one of Tony's better older partners.

Hey!!! Pacifica here. No longer there but a ton of family is. Like yourself, always had a liking of her because of her roots in San Bruno. How cool to have seen that commercial being!

I'm hoping she's somewhat decent because poor Tony. That's all I gotta say, poor Tony...

• Love 1

Also a Bay Area native but not so much a fan. LOL. The Suzanne Somers I heard about allegedly stiffed a lot of people for services ranging from beauty/hair care to medical procedures while she was trying to become a star. A family friend's father was one of those whose bill she never bothered to pay. He also wasn't surprised at all to hear about the diva nonsense she pulled on Three's Company. And I hear she still hasn't learned to be a decent human being.

Free Tony!

Wow, for some reason that doesn't surprise me. I've never found her to be very humble either. She's obviously a beautiful woman, but humility goes with being beautiful. She's always known and has no problem telling anyone about it.

• Love 1

Suzanne Tweeted yesterday (I don't follow her, I got it as a Re-Tweet from another account I do follow; I can't remember now which 1) that the name for her & Tony's "team" has been decided (I think she had her Twitter followers vote or something). "By a landslide" (her words), she & Tony are "Team Two's Company". So at least her thread title's appropriate.

• Love 1

Step away from the plastic surgery Suzanne.  Yikes

May I second that? She really does have an amazing body for any age, but from the neck up, she looks like a sloppy caricature.

I'm not a fan of her acting or her diva reputation, and so far, I'm not a fan of her dancing. When will Tony get a plausible partner again?

• Love 4

Also a Bay Area native but not so much a fan. LOL. The Suzanne Somers I heard about allegedly stiffed a lot of people for services ranging from beauty/hair care to medical procedures while she was trying to become a star. A family friend's father was one of those whose bill she never bothered to pay. He also wasn't surprised at all to hear about the diva nonsense she pulled on Three's Company. And I hear she still hasn't learned to be a decent human being.

Free Tony!

She's also anti-vaccine, and called the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) a ponzi scheme. I think she might just like seeing people get sick.

• Love 6

Interesting to learn from Suzanne's video package this week that she is celebrating the year that she was named THE STAR of "Three's Company".  I remember that show with three CO-stars.  If there was one main Star it was John Ritter with his two lovely co-stars.

Of course, she always pictured herself as THE STAR.  In fact, during season five, she was demanding a huge raise that would elevate her salary and perks far beyond her co-stars.  She felt as if she was the only reason folks were watching.  Since she was under contract til the end of the season, she wasn't fired outright, but she went on a mini-strike--only appearing in a few tag lines at the end of each episode.  There was so much animosity among Suzanne and the others that she would film her lines alone, on a day that the others were not on set.  At the end of season five she was replaced and no longer with the show.

The show continued to run for three more seasons, somehow struggling on without THE STAR.

Yet 30 years later she still refers to herself as THE STAR of "Three's Company".  What a phony!

• Love 4

She makes Jenny McCarthy look downright sane.  And I'm sorry, Suzanne, but you looked horrible last night trying to turn yourself back into the 29-year-old "star" of Three's Company.  Father Time has definitely done a number on you!

• Love 3

I am grateful to her for reminding me last night why I never really liked her. "I got the STAR role..."  "blah blah John and me... blah blah Chrissy and Jack... blah blah Joyce who?"

It was a cute fox trot and Tony looked amazing, but I honestly believe Suzanne (among a few others) should have gone home before Michael Sam.

• Love 3

She makes Jenny McCarthy look downright sane.  And I'm sorry, Suzanne, but you looked horrible last night trying to turn yourself back into the 29-year-old "star" of Three's Company.  Father Time has definitely done a number on you!

This.  Seems to me like when anyone (not just celebs) tries to stop the aging process with whatever means, it makes them look even older and worse...I believe in just letting yourself age naturally, it is a natural process that some keep trying to 'fix'...just own your age!!!  I think I maybe in the minority, though....don't know if Miss Patti has had work done, but she looks natural and beautiful...for any age!

• Love 2

To be honest, I never thought she was all that attractive even when she was younger.  To me, Joyce was easily the prettier of the two.  And count me among those who thought that "brains" skit was painful. I noticed that even Tony rolled his eyes -- and I don't think he was acting!

• Love 4
(edited)

I think she was quite pretty in the first year or so of Three's Company (and as the blonde in the white T-bird in American Graffiti) and Chrissy Snow was kind of sweetly dim, but as the show went along and Chrissy became more of a caricature, her looks suffered too, what with the stupid pig tails and crazy clown faces she was making. Even as a young woman, her hair and makeup went off the rails; recreating that now makes me feel sad for her.

She's also anti-vaccine, and called the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) a ponzi scheme.

She has a lot of strange ideas about medical care. I remember seeing her on a talk show several years back where she was talking about having gone through menopause and how she was doing what amounted to DIY hormone replacement therapy. Basically, she was buying estrogen in liquid form from, I don't know, where ever one buys such things, and squirting it up her lady parts. Later, when she had breast cancer, some doctors were speculating that it could be the result of that. Of course, these are the kind of doctors who go on TV and speculate about celebrities, so I'm not in love with them either, even though what they said does make sense.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3

I think she quite pretty in the first year or so of Three's Company (and as the blonde in the white T-bird in American Graffiti) and Chrissy Snow was kind of sweetly dim, but as the show went along and Chrissy became more of a caricature, her looks suffered too, what with the stupid pig tails and crazy clown faces she was making. Even as a young woman, her hair and makeup went off the rails; recreating that now makes me feel sad for her.

For sure.  She looked like a drag queen's worst nightmare then, and she doesn't look much better now, I'm sorry to say.

Well, I realized last night that I've never actually liked her as a performer, and I won't miss her, but I did gain a little respect for her during her 'journey', and I admire the way Tony did his best to show her properly, and to encourage her through the dark moments, like the rehearsal clip shown where she considers quitting because she 'isn't any good'.

And while her face seemed to deteriorate before our eyes, I can't deny that her body is amazing - in both looks and function - for not only her age, but many ages.

• Love 2

I remember years ago seeing her interviewed on Oprah and she was talking about the amount of pills she takes a day and my jaw was on the floor.  It was absolutely insane.  I googled just to refresh my memory and she admitted to taking 60 pills a day.

I remember years ago seeing her interviewed on Oprah and she was talking about the amount of pills she takes a day and my jaw was on the floor. It was absolutely insane. I googled just to refresh my memory and she admitted to taking 60 pills a day.

And it's not just pills. It's suppositories, injections, creams, lotions, patches, & maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting. I was gonna say supplements, vitamins & minerals too, but I suppose those--at least most of them--count under all the pills she takes. Basically, if she can stick it in her/swallow it, shoot it up, rub it into her skin, stick it on her skin, etc., & she thinks it'll benefit her physical health & her quest to stay as young as possible at age 68, & it'll also keep her breast cancer from returning--there, or at another site in her body--she's probably at least open to trying whatever, though she may not actually continue whatever. I remember this Oprah interview too; besides all the other "methods of delivery" I remembered from her health regimen that she mentioned, I remembered her saying she takes some of those injectable things internally (leaving that to your imagination) & those really aren't comfortable.

Suzanne was on Good Day NY yesterday promoting a new book. Good lord she is annoying. When the hosts (who suck up to everyone who's a guest) told her how good she was on DWTS and that they were surprised she got booted her answer was "I know, I was surprised too. I thought my last dance was cute". Then she proceeded to to start rambling again about how she was fired back in the day, and brought up about how she fought to be paid the same as John then had the nerve to talk about how they reconciled a month before he died. She said thats why she dedicated her dance to him and repeated the line about Chrissy and Jack having the dance they never got a chance to have.  It cant be said enough that is such a slap in the face to Joyce DeWitt who was just as much as the show as she was. Its really annoying how she keeps trying to make it like it was the Jack and Chrissy show.

• Love 3

What is Suzanne's deal with her and Joyce?  They (seemingly) reconciled a few years ago and were on good terms:

I really wanted to like Suzanne; I grew up watching "Three's Company" so she had the nostalgia factor for me coming into the show, and I actually like Tony so I was rooting for them.  Too bad she was delusional, annoying, and not a very good dancer.  I'm glad she's gone because it was getting harder for me to watch her every week.