Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Expiration Date

• Start Topic

Aw poor Thapa!

If Kensi and Deeks have been spending that much time together since Christmas, I can't believe they haven't killed each yet. My husband and I would have long since driven each other nuts.

Was ready to choke when Callen said Sam died. Took a minute to pick up on the bluff.

• Love 1

My favorite episode of the season, thus far! This season has been good but the 2nd part [ XMas and since] have been great! 

This episode had everything that makes NCIS:LA fantastic: action, drama, humor, character development, and good/interesting COTW.

Densi talked it out and acted as adults and it was great to see and it was such character development w. both characters. I loved it! Nice to see Ernie Reyes, Jr. back and Thapa and equally as sad to see him go. He gave a wonderful performance last night and I just love the friendship that had development between he & Deeks! Even though we've only seen him twice ... I will miss the character. 

That action/knife fight scene in the hospital corridor was awesome and so very Dave Kalstein. Actors were great; was like a well choreographed dance! Daniela really worked on that scene and her dancers training came in handy ... it showed. Kensi is no gurhka but she is deadly w. her knife, right?

A+ episode. BRAVA to this cast, crew, and writer, Dave. 

PS: Dave has now written my three favorite episodes of the series, thus far: Blye, K.[pt.2], Frozen Lake, and now Expiration Date

• Love 3

Hey, Anna! Yes I loved that they talked like adults and they didn't decide to take a break a.k.a breakup at the end. Just decided, realistically, to not spend every night at each others houses. They'll likely talk though. That's okay, normal, and mature. I just adore Densi. I also love that just b/c their together now doesn't mean that Deeks is all protective or trying to get Kensi to do her job any differently. She can take care of herself and him too! lol. 

• Love 3

Oh man, I spent half the episode terribly confused.  I had Thapa the Gurkha hopelessly confused with Tuhon, the Kalinga Headhunter "trust your training" assassin.  You know really, really deadly with fancy martial arts moves and really, really cool knives and really, really good with obscure advice and really, really effing mysterious.  How could I possibly get them confused?  ~snort~

• Love 3

Oh, wow my absolute favorite episode ever!  Loved Deek's Mr. Miyagi, and actually his advice and philosophy was right on.   Really loved it when he was right and Kensie wanted the night off, too. 

When Sam sternly told Callen - G don't let that hostage get taken, it was so cool both the sentiment and Callen doing what Sam said.  Man those blue eyes can flash for effect!  Like when Sam got shot.  Amazing.  Sam defending himself was made of win.

And Hettie being the "mama" comment from Grainger was spot on. 

Sad to see the Gurka die, but very happy to see Deek's get some personal/character growth.  Just FAB.

• Love 2

Did anyone else have a hard time imagining that Kensi has a bunch of friends that sound like "Whoo girls" (thank you HIMYM), at least from the way Deeks described them? And that she's okay with them call her Kay-Kay?

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 6

The way Kensi's friends were described didn't sound at all like any friends she would have, and I would have liked to have heard something about these friends before this episode. But seriously, I can't imagine her having two friends named Tiffany. 

So, right when we find out they've been all loved up, they separate, and the Gurka dude died.

And no Callen/Sam goodness.

All in all, not my favorite episode.

I agree about the friends thing. Doesn't sound like the kind of friends Kensi would have.

I was actually kind of glad that they agreed to spend a little more time apart. I'm shocked they hadn't killed each other yet. I know my husband and I would have. Our household includes anti-social Mondays, where we will say 'hello' upon getting home from work and hide from each other the rest of the night. It's how we keep it together.

• Love 1

I didn't mind them doing that. I just would have liked to have seen them loved up before they took a break

I didn't read the episode as them deciding to take a break, I read it as them deciding to take a night off of being together 24/7, qualified by it being okay for him to call her after midnight.

• Love 1

I like the idea of Kensi having girlfriends so much that I am going to think they are super cool like her and just had the misfortune of being named what they are.  And don't we all have friends who continue to call us by our childhood nicknames?

I liked the episode and would have given it a thumbs up just for that shot of the bad Gurkhas all masked up marching down the hospital corridors.  So cool.

• Love 2
Did LL need an episode off to film something else?

Prepping and hosting the Grammys. 

I agree w. y'all -- all I kept saying was, "Kensi has friends? Since when?" lol. I could buy her having friends but the personality of them, the way Deeks describes, just doesn't seem like people Kensi would hang w. 

So, right when we find out they've been all loved up, they separate

Their not separated or on break. They just decided not to spend every night at each other's home. A night -- far as Deeks said & Kensi agreed to. It's normal and okay. Especially since they work together every single day. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 2

Kensi and Deeks first big argument was funny. Her gfs, Kat, Mindy, Mandy, Tiffany, and Tiffani talked only about TV shows and Deeks was not impressed. Also was funny how Thapa gave them both different advice. I liked how Deeks and Callen were real friendly with Jemadar Thapa, and so was Sam. But at first Kensi did not trust him. They had to talk him out of taking Ella Desai back to India, even after they were both in NCIS custody. Unfortunately for Thapa, the problem came full circle. Sam took a bullet meant for him and he took a fatal shot meant for Sam. Why did Sam get shot, so Thapa could shine? Or the actor had another reason?

And he took down a few of the band of the 6 Ghurka Doctor assassins and the pseudo Nurse Maria Ramos. Why were they after Sam? I thought Thapa was the target? Or were they after the whole team?

Liked Deeks handling the emergency axe. First he broke the heavy duty chain to get into the area of the Ghurka assassins and then he put it into a killer.

Kensi had some nice knife work in the warehouse when she took out the Ghurka 4 sniper after her, Deeks and Jemadar Thapa were cornered in the front of the gasoline barrels.

I liked seeing Barry Livingston from "My 3 Sons" as Chief Surgeon Dr. John Bates. Was he the dead guy Callen found behind the counter? The body looked like he had a beard also.

When the 6 assassins went by and Callen hid, he almost could have shot them all from behind.

I wondered if Ella Desai was bad or not. Lucky that Callen had been to India in 2008 and then in 2014 to know about the missile advances. I worried that CIA Agent Doug Emmerich(The Mentalist, Unforgettable)was either stupid or bad. Just seems he believed his snitch Ella. Even if she gave him the incorrect Intel. And even though he threatened, Granger held up his end and let the team do their work.

So at end, both Deeks and Kensi decided to take a night off from their togetherness.

Edited by webruce

I'm in the camp that loved this ep.  I agree that at first it seemed a bit out of character that Kensi has a posse of girlfriends who have girly names and interests, but upon reflection it seems consistent with the "lacy lady side" of Kensi that Deeks talked about in "Traitor" and that no one but he gets to see.  These are her girly-girl buddies that she has kept separated from her ninja assassin job, but finally she's close enough with Deeks to let him into both her worlds.  That's a huge step for her character, and it stands to reason that Kensi, being Kensi, would get a bit freaked out when she realizes what she's done.

I was terribly sad that Thapa had to die at the end, though.  Doesn't Deeks get to have any buddies of his own outside of work?

Also, the Gurka action was way cool.

All in all, another Kalstein gem.  Although my very favorite episode is still "Spoils of War."

• Love 3

Did LL need an episode off to film something else?

Prepping and hosting the Grammys. 

Nah, it must have been something else; the Grammys were only a few weeks ago. This episode was written and shot way before that. Working on a new album, maybe??

• Love 1

I understand this is NCIS:LA and all and it was done for dramatic affect and to eventually get the good guy killed but talking LOUDLY in the warehouse and then Deeks not just popping up from behind to now down the guys carrying knives to a gunfight in the hospital was just really sloppy.

• Love 1

It was a fun episode, but I didn't for a minute buy that they would take the CIA's word for it who the target was and not kept a guard on Sam. Kind of a waste of Parminder Nagra, but then all the cool shows are wasting Parminder Nagra these days.

• Love 3