Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Vince Sly

Donny Ketchum
  • Start Topic

Hard to believe a guy who went out second is getting so much discussion.  But then again, his behavior and personality have kinda warranted that.:)

And if he gets invited back it will only encourage more and more players to play characters - look Vince was voted out second and he got another chance.

I think its scary to diagnose someone based on 15 minutes of highly edited tv.  He's a narcissist, he's a stalker, he's dangerous.  WTF.

[snip]

But to KNOW he's dangerous?  That's just ridiculous.

I didn't see anyone claim to know that Vince is dangerous.  If someone did, it's probably exaggeration, and sometimes even for the sake of comedy.

My personal point is that it's more dangerous to ignore warning signs that you feel than to mistakenly label someone you're never going to meet and whose label you put on that person (in your own head!) is never going to affect that person anyway.  

I used Vince as a springboard to educate people on things I only learned myself the past couple of years and I feel 100x better for it.  If people think it's pretentious, know-it-all, dangerous, silly, stupid I really don't care.  There will be someone who will take something positive from it and that's worth it for me.

And to respond to another comment upthread, I would never victim blame and I found that insinuation unfair and with no basis.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

I am 99% sure I saw Vince today IRL.  Right near, if you can believe this, a clothing store called Vince.  I couldn't think of anything I could say except "hey I didn't find you as terrifyingly creepy as almost everyone else!" so I didn't approach.  Figures that the first time I see a Survivor in the wild, it's a lame pre-swap "wacky character" whose awfulness was quickly overshadowed by an entire season of assholes.

• Love 3

I am 99% sure I saw Vince today IRL.  Right near, if you can believe this, a clothing store called Vince.  I couldn't think of anything I could say except "hey I didn't find you as terrifyingly creepy as almost everyone else!" so I didn't approach.  Figures that the first time I see a Survivor in the wild, it's a lame pre-swap "wacky character" whose awfulness was quickly overshadowed by an entire season of assholes.

That's awesome.

Does Vince the store sell hair feathers? Or do you think he was offering them a deal on coconuts if they would let him have vince.com?

Dude probably needed a hug.

This had me cracking up more than it really should have. 

I actually was miffed when Vince went out so early because I had high hopes of him being Coach 2.0. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Vince was an interesting one.  I didn't like him, but it would have been interesting had he made it past the 2nd boot.  If the NC had won that challenge, but lost the 3rd one, would he have gotten blindsided still?  Or would his plan to get rid of Jenn or Joe worked out (he might have sensed a tribe swap coming up).  Given his issues with Joe, it seemed like they still would have worked together to keep the tribe strong if they had to.  He just played too strong, too fast.  He should have ditched Nina when he had the chance, rather than string her along as an ally.  It was somewhat amusing that for both of them, their big mouths ended up being their downfall.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1