Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Joe Anglim

Donny Ketchum
  • Start Topic

Oh Joe, I'll miss your pretty so much!!

This may have been discussed on another thread, and is fairly petty on my part, but does anyone know what those 2 scars on Joe's chest are from?  Has this ever been mentioned?  Did I miss something in one of the challenges where he hurt himself?  The scars look red and fairly recent.

Help!

• Love 2

Oh Joe, I'll miss your pretty so much!!

This may have been discussed on another thread, and is fairly petty on my part, but does anyone know what those 2 scars on Joe's chest are from?  Has this ever been mentioned?  Did I miss something in one of the challenges where he hurt himself?  The scars look red and fairly recent.

Help!

He got those from the first II challenge, hanging on the pole.  I was hurting looking at them!

I was talking with a friend of mine today about the show, and she's as disappointed as all Joe fans that he was voted off.  She mentioned missing his hair every week, so it makes me wonder, who was more popular: the guy, or the mop of hair on his head lol  I have to say, I think the way Joe's hair looks at Ponderosa isn't as good as it was on the island.  Boy could still be in a shampoo commercial, though.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

After hearing Joe say he 'loves Dan' and thinks he's 'an awesome dude' in an extra vid I'm suddenly totally OK with him being booted.

Ugh. That's disappointing, but I suppose it's what happens when you're a man and so will not be on the receiving end of Dan's disgusting misogyny and have been not seen him verbally abuse women because he waits until they're alone in the water to do it.

• Love 3

To be fair to Joe, here's his response in Dalton Ross's interview with him regarding Dan:

On Dan’s treatment of Shirin:
“Me and Dan never had a beef. I actually got along with Dan really well in the game and I never really saw this side of Dan, at least whenever I was around. Dan wants to be the jokester and he’s kind of loud and he’s a storyteller and I think in his head he thinks he’s being funny, but in actuality he can cut some people down. He said those things to Shirin. Nobody deserves to be talked to like that. Was it gameplay? I don’t think so. Maybe it was. But is there a line? Definitely. Things become personal. You’re living with these people and words count for something. I don’t know the extent of Dan’s relationship with Shirin now. We all seem to get along pretty well but you can only go so deep.”

Joe, Mike and some of the others have talked about all the strategy, scrambling and game plays that have been going on but has not been shown to us, the viewers. It seems like an awful lot of this has been edited out and I've decided that TPTB think all we want to see is drama and 'characters' and that we would just be too bored to see some real game play out there.  Extra clips and deleted scenes is not what I want to have to seek out in order for things to make sense.  Joe seems to have done much, much more than was shown to stay in the game and I would have liked to have seen some of this in the actual broadcast. 

• Love 5

Judging from this tweet from Jeff, we'll definitely be seeing Joe in a future season(s):

‏@JeffProbst
holy smokes a lot of love for @Janglim21 ---  we gotta find a way to get him back!  I hear ya!  Note taken.

Which is all right by me.  I kind of feel bad for Joe in reading some of his boot interviews.  No one really wanted anything to do with him post-merge due to him being such a threat.  They all wanted him gone, and no one could see any good in keeping him around.  So he didn't get to play the strategy game.  While I'm concerned Joe returning in the near future might result in getting a pre-merge boot for the reasons that doomed Rob C and Yau-Man, I would be curious to see how his game would change.  He recognizes he played a horrible strategic game, but if he had people more willing to want him around and who could possibly be considered threats just like him, he might stand a better shot at that part.

I hope he can make the family visit next time :)  And while it probably sounds shallow to say, I'd love to see a season where Joe, Ozzy, and Malcolm return.  All that beauty, all that gorgeous hair.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
I hope he can make the family visit next time :)  And while it probably sounds shallow to say, I'd love to see a season where Joe, Ozzy, and Malcolm return.  All that beauty, all that gorgeous hair.

I like to think of Coach and Vince sitting at home watching that season, stroking their own hair, and seething.

• Love 13

I read some of his post interviews and....I thought they were very fuzzy.  Either he is a really bad communicator, was worried about giving out spoilers (easily edited) or he really is terrible at strategy and the game and so didn't have anything to say, other than to repeat "no one wanted to work with me"  "I was all alone". 

Based on what was shown I think he made some bad calls and got himself booted.  I recognize that he was in a tough situation and may have gone home anyway, but he def sealed his own fate. 

• Love 1