Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Happy New Year!

My family is exchanging presents tonight, and I had the big idea to finally stop my parents' hemming and hawing and the complaints that they "don't know how to use" cell phones and don't want to learn because they don't want to be "constantly available" anyway ("constantly available" to whom? rme), and I decided to just go ahead and get them smartphones and phone lines on my account as their gift this year. They aren't even *that* old, they're just completely out of step. These are people who spend their every free minute sitting on the porch smoking cigarettes and shooting the shit with each other, they are not very "technologically inclined" in any sense and tbh I don't even know who they're going to call. Probably just each other, incessantly. But I'd better do this now before it's a choice between these cell phones and Life Alert. Of course, I decided on this present weeks ago but then today I overslept and never got to T-Mobile to actually pick up the phones. Hopefully they'll be OK with a written "coupon" for some phones/phone lines instead. BLEH. My own fault. 

Hope everyone is having fun tonight! "If I Can't" isn't completely appropriate, I guess, but at least he talks about popping champagne, and the song's sentiment is pretty upbeat and perky. In any case, raising a glass to you guys:  здоровье!

http://www.youtu.be/jSGvayG_jAE

Edited by rue721
  • Love 1

Happy New Year to all my fellow Supernatural Fans.  You get my obsession and I never have to worry about you'd think I'm weird for still liking this show.  Of course Hot guys never hurt in watching a show.

May this NEW YEAR bring some really good luck, joy and blessings to all.  So Happy New Year a bit early!  :)

• Love 3

That it's 2015 means that I'm now another year older (yesterday that is), but it's okay, because I've spent much of the year coming here to discuss Supernatural with you guys. Yay, and soon I'll be back home full time, and so can participate more. I'm at stop 5 of 5 on our two week, 3 Christmas bonanza that's our life during the holidays. * Once home, I'll be able to participate here more fully again.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Okay - off to sleep with me.

* (I think we've gotten 1 holiday at home in the last 25 or so years... we almost always end up traveling to see family. That 1 holiday at "home" was in a brand new apartment and spent just me and my hubby with an apartment full of unpacked boxes..)

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 3

Hey y'all. Happy New Yesr to my Supernstural peeps. Currently drunk off my ass (thanks to my boys and their bar tending skills)(gotta love those Singapore Slings) and heading to bed. Oh I will be hung tomorrow but had a great night.

• Love 3

Happy New Year, my fellow SPN freaks.  Spent part of New Years Eve at the hospital with my mom and her SO. I hope this year brings all of you all the peace, joy,  love and happiness you could want and deserve

• Love 3

New watcher here and thought I'd stop in and say "hey". 

I've been mainlining the show for the last few weeks and have also spent some time reading the past seasons threads (I'm up to season 6) which have given me a lot to think about. I'm now re-watching (and am up to season 5 on my re-watch) and looking for some of the things you folks have been discussing.  As soon as I'm done the re-watch, I'll get started on seasons 7 and 8 (and that's it until the season 9 DVDs go on sale).

I'm aware this seems just a tad obsessive, but it's pretty typical for me.  It's just that this show has so many past seasons to get caught up on that the obsession is so much more obvious. So, hi!  I'm Altered and I have issues.

• Love 1

Thanks for the welcome SueB and DittyDotDot.  I look forward to some interesting discussions!

And thanks for the heads up on the DVDs, unfortunately they're still $36.99 (or $42.52 used?) on Amazon.ca.  Bah!   One of the less attractive things about living in the Great White North.

Welcome Altered Reality, it is show that certainly encourages us to be obsessed.  LOL>

I got introduced by some little old thing called fanfiction, so however you found your way here, I have found this group welcomes all.  We may not agree on every point but I think we are always respectful of other viewpoints.  Hope you had a great New Year!

Thanks for the welcome Iguana and 7kstar.  It's always nice to be able to discuss one's obsession with people who get it and who don't look at you sideways for it (they might for other reasons of course ;D). 

I've been aware of Supernatural for years but never sought it out.  TBH, I'd run into a certain segment of the fan base in other online forums and it put me off. However, a couple of things came together this summer/fall that prompted me to check it out.  The first full episode I ever saw was Hibbing 911 (I caught the last few minutes of Girls, Girls, Girls and was completely confused).  I really liked it and the next day I went and dug out the season 1 DVDs I'd picked up in the massive sale HMV had this summer.  I don't think I've watched much else since :D

And 7kstar, I have noticed that this forum is a very respectful one and I really, really appreciate that.  I'm glad that there is a variety of thought/opinion/views on the show (it'd be boring otherwise) but I for one would be uncomfortable with pitched battles over the differences.

• Love 3

Thanks for the welcome catrox14.  It's nice to hear from another obsessive :D 

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I "fell off the wagon" as it were and bought Season 9 already.  I wasn't going to until the price dropped below $30, but I couldn't wait.  I'm about 1/2 way through that season now.  So, that's almost nine seasons in just over a month.  That looks bad now that I type it out.  In my defense, I had the week between Christmas and New Years off and I was out with the flu for a week earlier in December as well.  Still, that's a lot of time in front of the TV.  Sheesh!  Think I need to get a life.

Or not.

• Love 2

Heh, its always Cass. ;)

I have to ask, what can Cass do with the demon tablet...bash someone over the head with it?

Well, the premise of the game is slightly different.  Abbadon has possessed someone to open a portal to Hell.  How she could possess an angel, I have no idea, but I'm probably not supposed to think about it.  ;-)

Also, they've added all these new cards and rules (either to make it easier or more "interesting"), but we ignored them and played the classic game.  We're just a bunch of rebel rule breakers, aren't we?

• Love 1

Thanks for the welcome catrox14.  It's nice to hear from another obsessive :D 

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I "fell off the wagon" as it were and bought Season 9 already.  I wasn't going to until the price dropped below $30, but I couldn't wait.  I'm about 1/2 way through that season now.  So, that's almost nine seasons in just over a month.  That looks bad now that I type it out.  In my defense, I had the week between Christmas and New Years off and I was out with the flu for a week earlier in December as well.  Still, that's a lot of time in front of the TV.  Sheesh!  Think I need to get a life.

Or not.

Nah, having a life is overrated anyway! ;)

We're just a bunch of rebel rule breakers, aren't we?

I feel compelled to quote you to you... ;)

Rebel rebel, you've torn your dress.

Rebel rebel, your face is a mess.

Rebel rebel, how could they know?

Hot tramp, I love you so. 

• Love 3

Gina Rodriguez won the Golden Globe for comedy on the CW. That's awesome. And yet I feel bitter because Jensen has never won a fucking thing. I'm glad for her but still annoyed...

Sorry...

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Right there with you, Catrox14. That was my first thought when she won the award. I mean, we're talking about a girl winning this after appearing in about what, 8 episodes? Why, because the show was written up as a critics' darling. I just wish SOMEONE in the industry would recognize Jensen's talents. Hey, even David Duchovny won a Golden Globe for Mulder and Jensen's a much better actor.

• Love 2