Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Would this thread be the right place to ask? I'm looking for an image of the Angel Trap that the boys used to trap Gadreel in Meta Fiction. I'm thinking about creating a nerdlesque ( yes!) Supernatural routine and I had an idea to start trapped in the circle. I guess I could use the angel warding sigils but that doesn't seem right somehow. I've looked online and can't find anything. I'm not making this up, am I?

Would this thread be the right place to ask? I'm looking for an image of the Angel Trap that the boys used to trap Gadreel in Meta Fiction. I'm thinking about creating a nerdlesque ( yes!) Supernatural routine and I had an idea to start trapped in the circle. I guess I could use the angel warding sigils but that doesn't seem right somehow. I've looked online and can't find anything. I'm not making this up, am I?

Here you go:

Full:

MrY0ugG.jpg

It's a double circle with 4 sigils, top/bottom/left/right, nothing in the center.

Here's the "top" (closest to Dean):

99hxDaa.jpg

Left (from Dean's POV)::

gV1VZ5v.jpg

Right

GUJitke.jpg

Bottom (farthest away from Dean):

4kUIIna.jpg

I suggest you save these images and either put them on a black background Powerpoint slide and then "slide show" or some other way to display with black surrounding as they are so dark. 

Edited by SueB

you have to save your pics to someplace that you can link the photo.

I've used photobucket.com  It is free.DeanampSam-1.jpg

upload your picture.  Copy the URL from direct and then post it into the picture link.  It should work after that.  Did an example to test out as I typed up instructions.

Hope that helps.  :)

Yesterday, I saw a car with the vanity plate "Illyria." Just thought it was funny.

Also, the night before, I was out at a bar, and Carry On Wayward Son came on the radio, and everyone got all excited and started singing along. Which I thought was weird. So I asked the bartender how she even knew the song, and whether she watched SPN. She was like, "no, I don't watch it, this is just an awesome song!" The friend I was with was also all, "how do you not know KANSAS FFS?!" LOL. I had no idea that that song was a ~thing~ in its own right. Or that regular 20s/30s-aged people sat around listening to Kansas. Granted, this WAS at a dive bar. But it's DC and it's not 1981, so....I was surprised. Was I just out of touch and naive? Or is this actually a normal thing?!

NM is blessed (cursed) with some gas production, so we get cheaper gas than much of the US. Right now, it's running around $2.59/gal for regular unleaded.

But we paid for it dearly while we lived in Alaska--it got up to $4.50/gal for the cheap stuff at one point. And that was near Anchorage; when we'd do a day trip further north...::shudder:: The prices are why you'd often have families fly into Anchorage (from Nome, Kotzubue, etc.) to do shopping for bulk toilet paper, paper towels, basics...it was cheaper in the long run for them to do that than to buy locally.

Yesterday, I saw a car with the vanity plate "Illyria." Just thought it was funny.

Also, the night before, I was out at a bar, and Carry On Wayward Son came on the radio, and everyone got all excited and started singing along. Which I thought was weird. So I asked the bartender how she even knew the song, and whether she watched SPN. She was like, "no, I don't watch it, this is just an awesome song!" The friend I was with was also all, "how do you not know KANSAS FFS?!" LOL. I had no idea that that song was a ~thing~ in its own right. Or that regular 20s/30s-aged people sat around listening to Kansas. Granted, this WAS at a dive bar. But it's DC and it's not 1981, so....I was surprised. Was I just out of touch and naive? Or is this actually a normal thing?!

I loved Kansas and Carry On way before I ever knew anything about SPN.  80's music is popular with certain crowds but I think it has to do with the 20's and 30 year old's being raised with the ones that loved old rock.  But I know some kids that like it that are teenagers.  Usually it is because they had someone playing it when they were young.  I know I still like some of my parents music even though I don't really listen to it now.  They loved the big band era.  Also bars have a tendency to play a mix of song, some really old and then the latest.  I just stop going to bars since I could handle the smoke anymore. 

We were blessed here with $1.69 unleaded regular for a few months early this year. It was heavenly!

I thought 2.15 was awesome but I haven't seen that low although we did have a short time under 2.00, it was like 1.99.  But I doubt it will stay that low as the high places are 2.45.

• Love 1

I haven't been around much because between the Labor Day "run" and The NFL, I just haven't had the time. Now I come back to find these last couple posts. Damn, you guys ::glares at Demented:: make me feel old! Both Mick and I remember 25 cents a gallon for gas. And Kansas? Hell rue, I've seen them live about 7 times. No shit, I grew up and lived in Conn. (Screw the new 2 letter abbreviations) and NYC most of my life. Kansas was huge when I was growing up! My friends and I hit some concert almost every weekend.

I'd get along great with John Winchester.

Which brings me to this question- Dean in Yellow Fever said: "I play the same five albums over and over..."

What do you think these albums are?

I want to see Michael Ealy and Matt Cohen in a TV show together.  I would watch the crap out of that show.  Even if it was the worse show ever made, I would watch it.  I would record the episodes so that when the worse show ever made gets cancelled, I could watch them again.  It actually might be too much handsome for one TV show, but I'm willing to give it a try.  

• Love 2

What do you think these albums are?

1) Led Zepplin, Boxed Set (or I'd have to list multiple) - If I have to limit it to two it would be IV and II

2) Guns N Roses, Appetite for Destruction

3) Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon

4) Metallica, Metallica

5) Deep Purple, Machine Head

also possible:

6) Queen, A Night at the Opera

7) AC/DC, Back in Black

8) Van Halen, Van Halen

• Love 1

Small victories in life...

I was out on the front porch, smoking (no comments from the peanut gallery, please), and my daughter comes screeching out of the house, going, "Omigod omigod omigod it's so frikkin scary omigod omigod!" She has in her hands a plastic cup with paper over it, which she dumps at my feet and scampers back. I reach down to pick it up and she shrieks, "No no no! It's gonna get loose! Omigod omigod omigod!" She's dancing from foot to foot and scuttles back to the door, poking her head back out. I look inside, and there's a huge wolf spider at the bottom of the cup.

She took care of it all by herself.

She's terrified of the things, and usually screams for help, but tonight she captured one and brought it out all by herself, no screaming or wailing.

:-D

So damned proud. It's the little things, sometimes.

Gotta have some Def Leppard. And we know he has Black Sabbath on cassette.

• Love 4

Revealing my total uncoolness: the only band I ever saw in concert was Fleetwood Mac.

Oh. Does having Christopher Cross perform at a particular company's anniversary conference count?

Lots of classical stuff, though. ;-)

And I'm trying to decide if I want to go see Def Leppard by myself in a few weeks...hubster hates hard rock. :-(

1) Led Zepplin, Boxed Set (or I'd have to list multiple) - If I have to limit it to two it would be IV and II

4) Metallica, Metallica

also possible:

7) AC/DC, Back in Black

8) Van Halen, Van Halen

No way to Guns & Roses imo. That would be like Dean cruising around listening to Billy Idol or something, wouldn't it? I vote for Black Sabbath to replace it.

For some reason, they play really terrible music at work. I cannot wait until I get my chance to choose it. Mwhahahaha. There will be MUCH BLUES. I hope. I might have to work up to blues from alt rock, though. Maybe I'll try and use the "boiling frog" method so that people don't really notice the music changing, until one day way in the future it mayyyyyyyybe occurs to them that the restaurant's music has become good somehow/sometime.

Omegamom, I think you should go! You shouldn't have to miss a good time just because your husband has bad taste :P

• Love 1

And I'm trying to decide if I want to go see Def Leppard by myself in a few weeks...hubster hates hard rock. :-(

I'm smiling at seeing Def Leppard described as "hard rock." I mean, technically it is, but I have a hubby who enjoys listening to Disturbed*, so in comparison, Def Leppard seems rather tame. I am thinking that "hard rock" is a rather broad category.

* (Hubby also listens to classical, so his musical tastes are even more diverse than mine.)

For some reason, they play really terrible music at work.

Okay, now I am curious as to what this "really terrible music" is. I suspect that I, myself, have some bad musical taste... (Though I do enjoy Def Leppard... not as much as Bon Jovi - who put on an awesome concert by the way - but...)

Back in the day, I worked at the sports arena doing concessions .

I saw Kansas,Foreigner, Earth Wind and Fire, Boston, ELO, The Eagles, REO Speedwagon, The Commodores, bunch of other bands...for free.

Oh, man, that's some awesome stuff right there. I would've loved to have seen ELO in their prime... and surprisingly now that I think about it, and despite having a somewhat diverse concert going history, I have not gotten to see any of those bands, even though I enjoy them all very much.

Yes it counts but only if you count Cristopher Cross as "ROCK"

My hubby was definitely a hard rock dude as a teen, along with his close friends, but for some weird reason they all loved Christopher Cross and used to cruise around blasting "Sailing." I'm not sure what that means.

4) Metallica, Metallica

also possible:

7) AC/DC, Back in Black

8) Van Halen, Van Halen

Deep Purple is one of my favorite bands, but I like Purple Passages better. catrox14  is right, Guns and Roses may have put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen, but they're too contemporary (relatively) for Dean I think 

Yay! Mick Lady is back!

What? No, I'm not really here at all. I'm  actually writing away... yup that's me.

*Sneaks out*

Edited to add: Poor Sam.

I wasn't going to say anything. Not a word, not a single word.

Why can't Supernatural get the rights to some Zepplin songs? I've heard them on commercials, so it's not as if they don't want to sell out.

* (Hubby also listens to classical, so his musical tastes are even more diverse than mine.)

Now that, AwesomO4000 makes me love your husband! Both Mick and I love classical music, (I adore Bach, he's so mathematical) and I've turned Mick onto opera. No, shit. He's in kind, turned me onto the Blues. Mick thinks Robert Johnson is  a god! 

My very favorite book, ever, by the way, is Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter. Don't hate me, I'm a mathematics professor.

Hey, I like me some Disturbed, too. Some. And Five Finger Death Punch. But I also have a huge '80s playlist that includes Bananarama, Corey Hart, Soft Cell, Wang Chung, the Bangles, Jefferson Starship (YES!! Even them!!), Men at Work, Toto... ;-). It also has XTC, Midnight Oil, Don Henley, The Clash.

Christopher Cross actually put on a good show. It was kinda fun to have an auditorium full of 40, 50 year old It folk singing along to "Ride With The Wind"...

Godel, Escher, Bach was a very interesting book. Took me back to some of my more esoteric math and logic classes I took, getting my minor in math. Not something you can read in a hurry, takes some thought.

I just heard a Zepplin song being used for the Destiny game in an ad during Fear the Walking Dead. (talk about a terrible show) They must be paying a fuckton for it. Not sure if SPN can do that. Maybe for series finale.

Oh catrox14, don't get me started! Mick loves both Fear and  Walking Dead. Spent years hating Lori and then Andrea. I'd almost rather watch Donald Trump.

Side note; my Giants lost to Dallas tonight, which depresses me to no end. But we took out Dez Bryant, so there's that....

Hey, I like me some Disturbed, too. Some. And Five Finger Death Punch. But I also have a huge '80s playlist that includes Bananarama, Corey Hart, Soft Cell, Wang Chung, the Bangles, Jefferson Starship (YES!! Even them!!), Men at Work, Toto... ;-). It also has XTC, Midnight Oil, Don Henley, The Clash.

You'd get along great with my husband.  He loves FFDP.  When we were stationed in Germany, he saw them in concert at the base gymnasium back in 2010.  Then they went to the base club and bought everyone's drinks.  Did that for the rest of the week, actually, because they were waiting to play at Rock am Ring that year. 

Which reminds me of the time we met Shinedown.  They appeared at the base a few hours before a concert.  My husband tried to get out early, but he kept getting delayed.  Well, the band had cleared the line of autograph seekers and stood up, so I rushed over to the table to ask if they were leaving.  They said no, they were just going to take a quick break and be right back.  I thanked them and went back to holding up the wall.  A few minutes later, my daughter showed up with her friends and her guitar for the band to sign.  Yay!  More time for my husband to show up.

So, we're waiting, and we're waiting.  The band is talking to my daughter and her friends; my husband calls to let me know he's on his way.  I yell across the room, "He's on his way!"  The band cheers and keeps talking.

30 minutes later, my husband walks in.  (I wish I had been recording this.)  The band jumps up, cheers, and starts shouting, "Hey, it's Dad!  Dad's here!"  My poor husband didn't have a clue what was going on.  But we got our autographs and pictures.  It was a pretty great day.  

Here's my daughter getting her guitar signed:

41rmkDh.jpg?1

• Love 3

Revealing my total uncoolness: the only band I ever saw in concert was Fleetwood Mac.

You're totally cool, in my eyes, Omegamom. I love music, but hate large concerts--especially as I've gotten older. We had a music festival here this last weekend that features some of the local talent. I love it. You can go sit on the hill and listen to music ranging from rock to jazz to folk to... all day long. It was awesome, and, sometimes you stumble onto something totally unexpected. I way prefer that to shelling out a whole bunch of money to be crammed into a huge auditorium where you can barely hear the music due to the roar of the crowd.

Why can't Supernatural get the rights to some Zepplin songs? I've heard them on commercials, so it's not as if they don't want to sell out.

I think Zepplin is well-known for not giving up the rights to their songs very often. I'm sure it's more of a monetary issue than anything and Supernatural probably can't afford it on their budget. Kripke did manage to get the rights to "Kashmir" for Revolution. I remember him being over the moon about it, too. I'd love for them to get "Ramble On" someday, though. 

• Love 2

I'd love Ramble On.

Fair about Gun's and Roses.  My only defense, they've got some good songs IMO -- so projecting.

Black Sabbath and Def Leppard are good options.

I'd also put Lynyrd Skynyrd up there.  (What's Your Name, Sweet Home Alabama).

Personally, Jefferson Starships' Jane is one of my jams.  But apparently they are not a Dean-group. 

Edited by SueB

Jefferson Starships' Jane is one of my jams.  But apparently they are not a Dean-group. 

Oh, come on now, SueB...they're horrible and hard to kill!!! Hee!

I still, to this day, torment my sister over her love of Guns 'n Roses. Ah, good times. Good times.

• Love 3

Yesterday, while we were discussing the episodes from each season, I started thinking about Dog Dean Afternoon and how I could probably watch Steve Valentine in anything. I fell asleep watching one show and woke up and saw SV.  So I rewound to find out what show he was in.  Oh, Steve... what was that? A Disney show about dumb guys being in a band. 

Yeah. I watched it anyway. Then I watched the episode that came on after that one. I was annoyed because the test of the emergency broadcast system broke in and I lost all the time I had built up to FF through the commercials. I missed most of the second episode because it jumped forward to live TV and I couldn't rewind anymore. 

• Love 1

I'm one of those people who differentiate between Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and Starship.  I thought it was Starship who was horrible. Starship started in 1985. 

"Jane" was released in 1979 by Jefferson Starship. I think it's a great song.  An incarnation of Starship played at The Taste Of Minnesota in 2014 with Mickey Thomas. Man. He could still sing.

• Love 1

Yesterday, while we were discussing the episodes from each season, I started thinking about Dog Dean Afternoon and how I could probably watch Steve Valentine in anything. I fell asleep watching one show and woke up and saw SV.  So I rewound to find out what show he was in.  Oh, Steve... what was that? A Disney show about dumb guys being in a band. 

Yeah. I watched it anyway. Then I watched the episode that came on after that one. I was annoyed because the test of the emergency broadcast system broke in and I lost all the time I had built up to FF through the commercials. I missed most of the second episode because it jumped forward to live TV and I couldn't rewind anymore. 

They were showing I'm in the Band?!?!?!?  We love that show!  We bought all the episodes on iTunes (can't find them anywhere else).  I thought they had completely abandoned it because after it was cancelled, it was never on Netflix, nor did we ever see another episode broadcast.

Our favorite episode is probably "Spiders, Snakes, and Clowns".  So stupid... so funny.