Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Okay, so this is not helping to change my mind about horses... Big animals that can step on you: that's my definition of a horse. No, no, no... a big fat no.

You're still one up on me Awesom! Spiders send me screaming from the room. Give me my 1,500lbs. Hanoverians any day!

Jared's hair must be a multi-series point of conversational interest. I got through season one in Gilmore Girls and Netflix went into season two. They changed his hair somewhere in there. It wasn't very impressive from the beginning of the series. They must have finally got his issues worked out by the time he left to go do Supernatural. I did like his hair in Supernatural season one. Although I guess if I keep watching Gilmore Girls I will actually see how his hair works out for him. 

Kudos, Commando Cody, I only made it through a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls. I know it was critically acclaimed at the time it aired, but I found the tone of the show rather off-putting, not to mention the relationship between mother and daughter somewhat creepy. I just couldn't continue on. 

I did get a kick out of Jared practically being a baby, though.

I wasn't sure I would make it this far either. The way the daughter speaks, sometimes, reminds me of Willow Rosenberg. The mom I guess is supposed to be some sort of bat-shit quirky character that everyone loves. I find her kind of rude at times. If she was a real person, I don't think she would be very popular. I like some of the supporting characters. Maybe that's why I'm still watching.  

I made it through a few seasons of Gilmore Girls and really liked it for those first few seasons. I especially enjoyed the peripheral characters. But eventually, Rory and Loreli became harder and harder to take as they seemed to discard other people without much feeling. It started with me not liking what Rory did to Dean (Jared's character), especially considering I really disliked her new boyfriend that she dumped Dean for. Eventually they trashed Dean's character a bit, I guess in order for his write off not to hurt as much and to make Rory look more sympathetic, but by that time I was losing my patience with the show and I was having season 8 Supernatural levels of hate for it. By the time I stopped watching, the only characters I liked were Luke and Paris and her boyfriend Doyle (played by Danny Strong who was also Jonathan on Buffy and who I thought was all kinds of adorable.)

• Love 2

I watched like 5 minutes of Gilmore Girls. I just couldn't stand the speaking pattern. Like i got it was supposed to be a THING but man it was just annoying. And I literally don't remember one moment of Jared in the show. I won't be tuning in.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Having a blast! Football and Turkey and good friends. What could be better? I'm also thankful for you guys. I feel lucky to be part of this place. Thanks to all of you for giving me such fun this year!

Still, it would be nice if the Cowboys lost!!

• Love 6

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

I'm home from the family dinner. I got the garbage out and the kitty litter boxes cleaned. I get to watch whatever is left of the MST3k marathon. A bonus from last year - I am able to watch it on TV this year instead of on my computer. 

I hope all of you are having a lovely day! 

• Love 7

Never watched the Gilmore Girls, watched a few minutes on Youtube to see who on earth was Miss Kathy?  The drama teacher.  God I hope I don't sound like that!  :)  If I did, I think my kids would shoot me. 

Once I was told don't ever talk like that Drama teacher or I will hurt you.  It was during a contest.  I'm pretty laid-back unless they are goofing off...Then all hands on deck.

Anyway...I don't think I will ever want to watch the whole show. I can remember flipping through channels and well I never stopped.  Just not my cup of tea.

I'm not a football fan, but I can't hope for the cowboys to loose.  It was the team I grew up with.  I of course, went into another room to watch something else while the game played, but it meant something at one time.  I don't have a team I like or even keep up with...lol

I had fun playing games, eating at two parties, so although a little late, Happy Thanksgiving and for those it isn't a Holiday.  Well, hope you had something good to eat.  I ate too much, now I need to stop eating for a few days...won't happen, but maybe I can cut back.  lol

I also enjoy coming here even if lately I haven't had much time to stop by.  Hope you have an awesome weekend!  :)

• Love 1

Speaking of football, my FF team is undefeated. I'm 10-0 YAY!!

Congratulations! Mick's been in the same league for 28 years, and has won their "Super Bowl" eleven times! I have Aaron Rogers this year, and Randall Cobb, but they're letting me down big time this year! But I also play on Auction Kings, and I'm doing pretty well there, at least I'm breaking even. This week I played Eddie Lacy as my flex, and he got me 25.9 points. I'm playing Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald as my wideout on my team weekend. Wish me luck!

I know, I have a problem, but I love football!

That's the best way to play catrox! On Auction Kings my biggest bet is two bucks, I'm a big time gambler!

We play there for the fun of it. Our regular league is fun, but we both wanted to try out another way to play.

You should read Matthew Berry's "Fantasy Life" book. He talks about all sports, but mostly baseball and the NFL. I read a lot, but this is without a doubt one of the funniest books I have ever read!

Hi, guys! Just a quick check-in to say hi, and a belated Happy Thanksgiving! I am in the bosom of my family in Memphis, eating too much, getting lots of hugs, singing, and playing with one of my cousins' 2-year-old grandson, who is the most adorable thing on the face of the earth.

::waves::

• Love 7

::waves back to Omegamom::

It's my last night here in part 1 of our trip. It's been a sort of bittersweet Thanksgiving this year. Hubby and I spent most of it on the road, with Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel and then Black Friday with mom. Seeing my sister has been nice, but it's tough to see my Grampa and especially my Nana. It's been about a year since she's really spoken and more than a year since she's known who I am. I've come to terms with it as best as I can, but it's tough to see the toll it takes on my Grampa to see her this way. Alzheimer's is an awful, ugly disease.

Tomorrow I'll be at my sister's for a night before we head home. I'll try to unwind a bit more then.

Be careful and good luck to any of you who must travel tomorrow. It's an awful day to travel (which is why we delayed everything a day), so hopefully everyone will get home with minimal fuss.

• Love 2

Today. 7:47 pm

It's my last night here in part 1 of our trip. It's been a sort of bittersweet Thanksgiving this year. Hubby and I spent most of it on the road, with Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel and then Black Friday with mom. Seeing my sister has been nice, but it's tough to see my Grampa and especially my Nana. It's been about a year since she's really spoken and more than a year since she's known who I am. I've come to terms with it as best as I can, but it's tough to see the toll it takes on my Grampa to see her this way. Alzheimer's is an awful, ugly disease.

Tomorrow I'll be at my sister's for a night before we head home. I'll try to unwind a bit more then.

Be careful and good luck to any of you who must travel tomorrow. It's an awful day to travel (which is why we delayed everything a day), so hopefully everyone will get home with minimal fuss.

Aw Awesom04000! I'm so sorry to hear about your Nana! My Mom died of Alzheimer's several years ago. I took care of her and it just about destroyed me, my heart was broken. I loved her so much, and she didn't even know who I was. Thank God for Mick! That man kept me sane and put up with a ton of shit. I'll never be able to thank him enough.

Omegamom, glad you're having such a good time! That's how holidays should be!

• Love 2

Never watched the Gilmore Girls, watched a few minutes on Youtube to see who on earth was Miss Kathy?  The drama teacher.  God I hope I don't sound like that!  :)  If I did, I think my kids would shoot me. 

Once I was told don't ever talk like that Drama teacher or I will hurt you.  It was during a contest.  I'm pretty laid-back unless they are goofing off...Then all hands on deck.

Anyway...I don't think I will ever want to watch the whole show. I can remember flipping through channels and well I never stopped.  Just not my cup of tea.

I'm not a football fan, but I can't hope for the cowboys to loose.  It was the team I grew up with.  I of course, went into another room to watch something else while the game played, but it meant something at one time.  I don't have a team I like or even keep up with...lol

I had fun playing games, eating at two parties, so although a little late, Happy Thanksgiving and for those it isn't a Holiday.  Well, hope you had something good to eat.  I ate too much, now I need to stop eating for a few days...won't happen, but maybe I can cut back.  lol

I also enjoy coming here even if lately I haven't had much time to stop by.  Hope you have an awesome weekend!  :)

7kstar, I didn't mean to insult you! Sorry if you took it like that! I love Miss. Patty, for her independence and fun nature, and that's what I meant to say.

I hate the Cowboys because they're in my division (Go Giants!), but I didn't want Romo hurt! I also hate them because they signed Greg Hardy. If you don't know about him, you're lucky. Most disgusting man in the league. Google him, I won't repeat it!

7kstar, I didn't mean to insult you! Sorry if you took it like that! I love Miss. Patty, for her independence and fun nature, and that's what I meant to say.

I hate the Cowboys because they're in my division (Go Giants!), but I didn't want Romo hurt! I also hate them because they signed Greg Hardy. If you don't know about him, you're lucky. Most disgusting man in the league. Google him, I won't repeat it!

Oh no insult taken at all.  I'll take the independence and fun nature any day.  Thanks.  blushes.

Doesn't Tony always get hurt?  I don't know but it seems like I hear it all the time.  I don't like the owner of the Cowboys at all.  I'll take your word about Greg...I don't expect the Cowboys to win.  To be honest I don't have a clue which teams are good or not.  The last football games I watched was because I played flute and well the band marches at half times.  So junior high, high school football was the only time I sort of paid attention.  I didn't take Theatre until my senior year...funny how much that changed my life.  So you can see I'm not someone that keeps up with any football news. 

I wish the sports players were good role models and the only ones I know of that are, are the team that gets put down a lot.  But the Spurs when they play good basketball are a good team and most are good role models.  But I have friends that are big Spurs fans, so that is how I keep up a little with them.  Funny story, I met a Spurs player at a Taco Bell near my school.  Still don't remember his name, but my students were so excited.  I'm like who is that and what is a Spur?   And Let the guy get his food in peace!  lol

At least now I know the top 3 or 4 players.  lol

Stay safe and watch out for crazy drivers.    So sorry to hear about your Nana.  I don't know how far gone she is but I once got my great grandmother to start talking about a trip she took as a young girl in a wagon.  She had all of the vivid memories that just came flooding out.  Then she would look at me and ask who was I?  I would remind her mine name and tell her I was her great granddaughter and we shared the same birthday.  It's my favorite last memory with her.  I don't know why she started talking but for that one brief moment she did.  It kind of surprised me as she wasn't talking that much anymore.  May we find cures for these illnesses that take so  much away from our loved one.

I'll also say this, something I learned the hard way.  Always say what you need to say before that person leaves this world, even if they don't remember it.  Regrets really hurt but knowing you got to say what you needed to say can help over time.  Glad you had some good moments even if it did get a little crazy.  Be safe driving home.

My girl is just stunning, really gorgeous. Enough so that she's started getting pervy adult men creeping on her. Small time so far, but it makes me want to surround her with a bubble.

And trust me, she takes selfies all the time, oy! It's when she can't control the photo results that she hides. ;-)

• Love 1

I have somehow made it in to season 4 of Gilmore Girls - the Seinfeld of dramas - because it has been pretty much a show about nothing. I almost quit during an episode I watched last night. The mom's selfish manipulation was brought to new heights. Twice in one episode. It was almost unbearable. I started seeing Jane Espenson's name in the credits and that explained a lot. 

I know a lot people like her. However, in my personal experience, every show I have watched has tanked for me when she gets involved. Miracle Day was an absolute disaster. I didn't make it past season two of Once Upon a Time. Buffy went downhill at season four. I had no idea who she was when I was watching these shows, but I see her name in the credits every once in a while. I looked her up on IMDB. Her appearances in the credits do correlate with the times I started to dislike the shows. I was never really happy with Once Upon a Time. I think I liked the concept and kept hoping it would get better. 

Ugh. I'm so angry right now. Another mass shooting. This time at a CA gov't facility that helps people with disabilities. I mean JFC, what kind of human being goes after that kind of facility?  What in the holy hell is happening?

• Love 1

I'll lift you up catrox! I got involved in a "Big Sister" program through Mick's friend Hayward. I've been spending time with my "little sister" and having a blast! We've been shopping and horseback riding, and this weekend we're making Christmas cookies! Her Mom does shift work in a nuclear plant down in southern Idaho, so has little time for her. I feel like I'm making a difference, and it's wonderful!

Now I'm going to turn her into a NFL fan!

• Love 1

HA!

I'm infrequently vile – I mostly put others before myself, though I may find occasions in which my dark side shines.

I have mid-level Machiavellian tendencies; slightly low narcissism and psychopathy.

This test must be a hoax...I'm totally vile! ;)

• Love 1

"Like Don Draper, you are moderately nefarious. You walk on the dark side of humanity, but your ruthless streak may just help you get ahead."

Well, I do enjoy a cocktail at lunch!

Dot, you're a sweetie! Stop trying to deny it!

The test is just afraid of Demented! Self-preservation and all!

Edited by Mick Lady
  • Love 2

Infrequently vile
You are infrequently vile – you mostly put others before yourself, though you may find occasions in which your dark side shines.

I think most of us have a dark side...but we keep it in check...Till something makes us crack.  One way I do get a small bit of revenge...I'll make someone a bad guy or victims in a story by mixing up names of people I'm angry with.  Hee hee.  Sometimes it is fun to kill them off, and they never knew their name was used.  lol  See I do have a dark side.  :)  Also I hated when people would say, but you're so SWEET.  If they only knew what goes on in my mind.  But it is best that people can't read everyone's mind...

• Love 3

7kstar, I remember reading a book long ago (I read too much and can't for the life of me remember the title) anyway one of the characters was a mystery writer. When ever she got "writer's block" she would practice murdering people in her town she hated, including a rich old family from town. The Mother of this family loved to needlepoint, and often stuck herself with the needle. So our writer had the daughter hide all her mother's thimbles, and than poison her mother's needle with some horrible poison! The death scene she wrote was hilarious! The writer knocked off practically everyone in town at least twice!

• Love 1

I'm going to peace out for a few days (except for the Survival Game).  I won't get to see Star Wars until the 22nd because my son is graduating college on Saturday and we are not all together again until Tuesday. It's our tradition to see the big blockbusters together (IMAX 3D... the whole 9 yards...).  So, see ya on the flip side.

• Love 1