Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Yes welcome Dobian...

Though it's going to be tough in many threads here for you to avoid spoilers, we will look forward to hearing your opinions. It's always fun to hear someone experiencing Supernatural for the first time.

• Love 1

Yes welcome Dobian...

My dad is home and now they are struggling to find foods that don't have added salt.  Living in a small town, they have less options, but hopefully this won't be too difficult.

My sister is being ornery.  She doesn't want to follow the doctors orders but she is out of ICU.  I understand not wanting to do something but if it makes you have to stay longer in the hospital...yes the saga continues.  Doesn't this sound like a Soap????  ;)

• Love 1

At home salt-free ideas:

Pea soup - warmy, carby.  Recipe (1 bag dried peas. Rinse.  Put in crockpot with 8 cups water and soak overnight. In morning add 1 cup shredded or diced carrots, 1 cup onion, 1 cup thinly sliced celery. 2 bay leaves.  Put on high for 3 hrs, Low for rest of day. Peas should be completely mushy when fully cooked.  If using stove top vice crockpot, bring to boil for 30 min and then simmer 2-3 hrs  Season with Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning). Serve with 100% whole wheat bread (THIS HAS SALT, skip if you can).

Sweet potatoes vice white potato - put a little bit of cinnamon on for taste

Roasted vegetables - 1 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic salt in a 1 gallon ziploc bag.  Cut zuchinni, summer squash, onion. Bake at 400deg until vegetables are tender (about 20 mins, depends on how much you cut them up). Turn them about halfway.  Use aluminum foil over baking sheet/pan to make easy cleanup.

Roasted butternut squash - cube 3 cups squash, 1/2 large purple onion. mix w/ 1tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp garlic salt. Roast (like the other vegetables above).

• Love 2

just started watching Supernatural on Netflix, almost done with season 1.  I'm a total Nooooooob!!

Welcome! It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts :)

My sister is being ornery.  She doesn't want to follow the doctors orders but she is out of ICU.  I understand not wanting to do something but if it makes you have to stay longer in the hospital...yes the saga continues.  Doesn't this sound like a Soap????  ;)

Maybe she likes the hospital. She probably feels safer and gets more attention there than at home. I know that sounds awful, but I don't mean it in a bad way. IBR, the hospital isn't the worst place for a person who feels shitty and who isn't on the best terms with her loved ones (like her family).

My grandma just got out of the hospital today. She got sent to a rehab that she's actually been to before. Luckily, she doesn't recognize it, and thinks she's in a hotel (she HATED this rehab the last time she was there, a few years ago). I haven't been able to visit her in the last couple days, and this whole week it's going to be really tough for me to go by. Also, a part of me doesn't want to go, because she doesn't understand what's going on around her and doesn't make any sense, and that's always difficult to see.

Last time she was in that rehab, I went every day for months. She's like a third parent to me, and we were very close when I was growing up. But as her dementia has gotten worse, we've gotten more distant. A lot of her is gone now, too, so there's no hope of reconnecting, really. But I should just try and go see her every day anyway, I guess? I'm not sure I have the fortitude for that, though. Idk, like I said, I have a terrible barometer for how involved I should even be.

Roasted Brussels sprouts. Get small ones, or cut big ones in halves/quarters. Toss with olive oil, herbs of choice, and a small amount of salt (not salt-free, but low salt). Spread in a baking dish, roast at 350F, stir occasionally. Broccoli is good this way, too, and zucchini.

Smoothies. Buy frozen fruits, put together a mix of them to make a cup, add a half cup of low-fat milk and a teaspoon of sugar, blend. It's like gourmet soft-serve.

Lots of ways to do salads. Spinach salad with drained canned pear slices, walnuts, some low-sodium feta, and a balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and fresh basil dressing. Curried chicken salad (rotisserie chicken chunked up, light mayo mixed halvsies with plain yogurt, curry powder to taste, walnuts, seedless grapes cut in half). Waldorf salad (chunked apples, walnuts, light mayo/yogurt, grapes). (Uh. I might have a thing for walnuts in my salads). Tabbouleh (bulgur wheat, tomatoes, parsley -- lots, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, light salt...um...they can look it up).

Hummus? With pita wedges. Is hummus low-salt? Or are there low-salt versions? I loves me some roasted red pepper hummus, and you can make your own.

Have him check out the Mediterranean diet. It's rated one of the best for all-around health.

Lean steak w spice rubs, grilled or broiled. Ditto with chicken.

My experience (but the local staff will be able to guide you for your situation): Usually with dementia, your loved one can start to get paranoid with those they are closest too. Sort of an isolating activity that many exhibit. It's not personal. It's just what happens to many. I recommend you set a routine visiting schedule you can keep. Limit the time and keep to consistent activities when there. If it's somewhat predictable, it may be less disorienting even if they don't actually remember it's what you always do. It's a VERY HARD process. Smiles, warmth, positivity and have zero expectations. Daily is emotionally draining. Especially if there's a chance that rehab is going to become a long term circumstance. You'll have to find the right balance for your situation but I'd probably say a regular schedule with some breathing room may be more sustainable.

• Love 2

Honestly, I *hope* that the rehab is long-term. She's been staying with my parents and with me off and on, and had only been back in her apartment for about a day before she had this most recent fall. She also has a nurse who comes every day when she's at the apartment (because her care got to be too much to handle without that even years ago). She's ninety, and this has been going on for about ten years. She needs more help than that now and it's not safe for her not to be in some sort of assisted living.

Something really distressing is that she's been deteriorating so much for so long that I barely remember what she was like before this, even though she had a huge hand in raising me and she had a lot of vitality up until her late seventies or early eighties.

My dad likes to drink and has some neurological issues, and my mom has her own health problems (though is the most functional out of the three of them BY FAR), so I'm used to dealing with...impaired people LOL. People who aren't great at making logical sense, anyway. How do you think I ended up in hospitality/customer service? :P But it does become very draining eventually. I've been screwing up a lot at work for the last couple weeks, and this is a big reason why. I'm distracted. I hear you when you say you're tired even though you're not DOING anything, 7kstar. Right there with you :)

You're probably right that a routine is best, SueB. Maybe I'll plan to stop in for a half hour or so before work, every time I have an evening/night shift. That's probably about five days a week. She doesn't really understand about having to leave for work, but I can put my foot down with her better than anyone else can (I'm still her favorite! -- so far, lol).

My dad is home and now they are struggling to find foods that don't have added salt.  Living in a small town, they have less options, but hopefully this won't be too difficult.

Some great suggestions so far. I have an idea or two to add...

A really great salt substitute is Worcestershire sauce. One teaspoon - which would flavor quite a bit - only has 85 mg sodium (like 3% of the daily allowance).

Also for a salad dressing, I like some sunflower oil and gourmet balsamic vinegar (I agree with Omegamom on that one). I tend to like fruity ones. They aren't cheap, but a little goes a long way. (I also love rice vinegar, but that's not low sodium). I use balsamic vinegar in stir frys too. The last stir fry I made, I didn't even need anything much else except vegetable broth and the vinegar to season it - oh and plantains! Fried ripe plantains make almost everything better, in my opinion. (They break down to "mush" in the stir fry, coating all the other vegetables and giving them a nice sweet and tangy flavor). If you can't find low sodium vegetable broth, chicken broth or even apple juice will do. Fried ripe plantains are sort of like bananas - but not really - because they are both sweeter than bananas and also tangy. They are one of my most favorite foods (third only to steamed long-neck clams and lobster, though probably also tied with ice cream cake, because well... ice cream cake).

I also make my own chicken broth - much less sodium. Chicken backs are a good way to go*, but I suggest letting it be a two day process. I let it simmer a long time and then cool my broth overnight in the refrigerator and skim off the fat layer. If it's not rich enough at first, it can be concentrated on the stovetop.  And for salt-like flavor (without the sodium), a little bit of lemon juice (or orange juice) and some Worcestershire sauce does wonders - taste often while seasoning. It's easy to overdo both lemon and Worcestershire if not careful, because a little goes a long way. I also make broth out of chicken bones. I save the bones and such from baked chicken and put them in a bag in the freezer until I've got a bunch. Chicken bones make great broth.

* Sometimes in grocery stores you have to ask for them. They sometimes have them, but keep them in the back rather than put them out in the case.

I also agree with whoever suggested sweet potatoes, but I actually like to cook them in a crock pot covered with low sodium chicken broth and apple juice and even lean pork, but don't get the "moist and tender" kind some grocery stores sell, because it has added salt water solution. The crock pot sweet potatoes come out moist and tender and I eat them skin and all.

And rue721 - music is good. There's something about music that can really bring memories back. If you know of any music your grandma really liked and have a way to play it for her, that might be something she'd really enjoy. And my Nana also enjoyed "silly" things*. Stuffed toys or those squishy things you squeeze and they light up or just squish. It sounds silly, I know, but when nothing else could focus her, something like that could, and it would make her smile and want to make it light up or squish them herself. But your grandma might be more cognizant than my Nana got by that time. However, stimulus is good, especially minor problem-solving (puzzles, drawing, etc) and again music to sing along to. Sadly, I don't think my Nana got enough stimulation in the later years to keep her brain active (My grampa tended to put her in front of the television - which she enjoyed when it wasn't Westerns, which my grampa enjoyed, but nana found boring, so she'd tune out - but it wasn't the most brain-stimulating input. She loved musicals.) Stimulation also cuts down on the stuff that isn't there if that's happening with your grandma - my Nana later on saw things that weren't really there a lot, and when she interacted with those things only she could see, she didn't make any sense.

* My Nana is past that point now. She doesn't even talk anymore. So I entirely understand it being difficult to see your grandma sometimes. I live far away, so I don't see my Nana very often, but like your grandma, my Nana was always so active and vital, it's really hard to see her not talking and barely interacting with anything, so it's probably for the best in my case. My grandpa goes to see her every day, though, and we know it's likely taking a toll on him, but he's 93 and stubborn, so it's fairly useless to try to get him to do anything differently.

• Love 2

Oh, the tales of older loved ones losing their mental faculties...it breaks my heart for you all. And I have no good advice, aside from agreeing with Awesome's music suggestion, which is an amazingly good idea. Also, scents. Any scent that she might associate with the past...like, say, lilacs in bloom, or wisteria, or seashore-type scents, or pine trees. As natural as possible, because typically store scent things are just over-concentrated and overwhelming. Bath and Body Works have some scents that you could spray very very very lightly (like, one spritz for a whole room!), just to bring back pleasant memories.

• Love 2

Having watched many of my older relatives die a slow death, I can get it.  So the only suggestion I have @Rue721 is visit when you can.  Say what you need to say. It doesn't matter if she really responds or not.  Maybe tell her a favorite memory you have.

Emotions can trigger memories especially older ones.  So try to get her to talk about her childhood, something you might not know about. Those memories stay with you longer and if she can talk about it, it will give you something positive to hang on too.

My favorite memory of my great grandmother is when she started talking about traveling by buggy to Dallas.  She gave many great details.  I listened.  Then after she finished talking for a bit she would ask who are you.  I would give her my name and how we shared the same birthday.  Then I would prompt her with a question that would spark more of the memory.  I found it fascinating because our drive was only a hour compared to her all day trip going the same distance if that makes sense.  It created a nice memory.  That was in her late 90's.  She almost made it to 104, missed it by 5 months. 

But if you spend some time with her and say what you need to say, I found that I don't experience as much guilt or grief.  Sure it hurts, but I didn't have this feeling that I should have done something.  It allows the grief to heal a little faster and it is okay to feel what ever you feel.

I think my sister may be scared or claustrophobic.  I'm not calling right now as I figure I need to let go of the anger and she doesn't need the stress.  She doesn't know about my dad yet so she can heal.

Dad has to watch taking too much Vitamin K as he is on a drug that can cause a lot of interactions.  But I'll share your ideas to see which ones will work.  The real issue, is that right now all his food must still be like baby food, due to his broken jaw.  He has another week before he can try real food.

Thanks everyone.  I'm starting to get some things done, but yes, dealing with teenagers, family issues and directing a play, finding the music, creating the set, teaching a stage fight scene...the list continues, well yes it is stressing me out.  Thanks for sending positive vibes.  Thanks for all the support.  :)

@Rue721   hang in there.  Be gentle with yourself.  It's hard watching someone we love die a slow death.  The best I can do some days is take it one hour at a time, sometimes one second at a time.

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 1

Don't want to hijack this thread, you guys have enough to handle! But my surgery is at 11:45 tomorrow, so if you all could send me some good vibes, I'd be so thankful!

Only good thoughts and virtual hugs, MickLady!!!

tumblr_inline_nnj48wQoiZ1rsflig_500.gif

@Rue721....I understand.

I wish I could offer anything more than I understand. For me, watching my Mom fall into more dementia and throw things at me and swear at me, reject care and help until she died is something I'm still coping with even months after her death.

I'm not going to lie, I have flashbacks that get triggered by the most random things. 

I will keep good thoughts for you and your family. It's a terrible thing to cope with. 

• Love 1

Don't want to hijack this thread, you guys have enough to handle! But my surgery is at 11:45 tomorrow, so if you all could send me some good vibes, I'd be so thankful!

Sending good thoughts and prayers, we are with you.

Edited by Diane
  • Love 1

Welcome, Dobian!

Hopes that post-op recovery is going well for MickLady. Big hugs!

My vent this afternoon:

My daughter and I have been stopping in at a Petsmart after shopping at her favorite next-door stores. I do it because I just want to ooh and ahh at the dogs and cats that are up for adoption. Get a little petting action on. ;-)

The past few weeks, there has been an Alaska husky mix (I suspect pit bull because of the jaws). Sweet, beautiful brindle dog, friendly. My girl and I were smitten by him. He hasn't been adopted. So today, I ask the gal volunteering if we can do the meet-and-greet with this pup, do some serious lovins. The gal warns us, he's rough, he bites, he leaves bruises. Oookay. So she gets him out, wrassles him with a loopy leash into the m&g area.

We go in. He's hyper, he's bouncy, he's sweet. But he's super hyper. Like, let's-keep-him-in-a-kennel-all-the-time hyper. He's mouthy, but not a biter. His tail is wagging a mile a minute, he's happy, he's hyper as hell. He's doing the eject-a-hair thing that upset and uncared-for dogs have. (Like when I take my dogs and cats to the vet -- they go into super shedding mode.) Clouds of hair, like he's never been brushed. Oh, yes, and you can still see his ribs.

He knocks my glasses off, he bashes into my chin a number of times. He's bouncy and friendly, and acting like a puppy. But he's two years old.

We had wondered why he hadn't been adopted yet; now we know. Daughter nixed it, because he was so hyper and shed too much.

And I'm so damned angry at the shelter that is presenting him for adoption. They know his temperament, evidenced by the "warnings" from the volunteer (who clearly was nervous around him), and from the "older children only - plays rough" notice on his write-up.

This pup needs socializing and lots of exercise, not sitting in a kennel. He needs no-nonsense, firm and loving (not hitting or yelling or dragging) training. He's never going to be adopted if they keep him pent up like that with little to no interaction, so he turns into an over-excited guided missile when people do a meet-and-greet. And the longer it takes, the more he's pent up, the worse it'll get.

I'm heartbroken for him.

I realize I may not have all the details. They may actually be trying to train him. But there was no evidence.

Welcome, Dobian!

Hopes that post-op recovery is going well for MickLady. Big hugs!

My vent this afternoon:

My daughter and I have been stopping in at a Petsmart after shopping at her favorite next-door stores. I do it because I just want to ooh and ahh at the dogs and cats that are up for adoption. Get a little petting action on. ;-)

The past few weeks, there has been an Alaska husky mix (I suspect pit bull because of the jaws). Sweet, beautiful brindle dog, friendly. My girl and I were smitten by him. He hasn't been adopted. So today, I ask the gal volunteering if we can do the meet-and-greet with this pup, do some serious lovins. The gal warns us, he's rough, he bites, he leaves bruises. Oookay. So she gets him out, wrassles him with a loopy leash into the m&g area.

We go in. He's hyper, he's bouncy, he's sweet. But he's super hyper. Like, let's-keep-him-in-a-kennel-all-the-time hyper. He's mouthy, but not a biter. His tail is wagging a mile a minute, he's happy, he's hyper as hell. He's doing the eject-a-hair thing that upset and uncared-for dogs have. (Like when I take my dogs and cats to the vet -- they go into super shedding mode.) Clouds of hair, like he's never been brushed. Oh, yes, and you can still see his ribs.

This pup needs socializing and lots of exercise, not sitting in a kennel.

I'm heartbroken for him.

I realize I may not have all the details. They may actually be trying to train him. But there was no evidence.

Mick Lady Hugs and I hope recovery went smoothly!  thinking about ya.

Too many times people don't realize the work it takes to care for any pet whether it be a cat or a dog.  Dogs have to be trained and some are more maintenance than others.   Dogs have to be shown who is the alpha and its a shame that they aren't working with him.  If he doesn't get something done soon, it will be hard to train him.  So I totally get your upset.  It's a valid one.  I hope someone will think he's worth it.  I hate seeing animals in a bad situation since they give nothing but unconditional love.  They deserve nothing but getting a little pampered and lots of love. 

I don't have a dog because I know right now, I just don't have the time to give it the proper attention it needs.

Thanks for all the good thoughts everybody! It means a lot to me!

News was not good, my surgeon said the nodes were hard, which was not a good sign, but the tests won't be back until the 9th. Looks like I'll need "adjuvant endocrine therapy and adjuvant chemotherapy, category 1.", before they take the tumor. I'll fill you all in when I know.

One huge favor you can all do for me though, and I'm serious. Get a mammogram. I don't care how old you are, just do it. It could save your life!

Lighter note,Welcome, Dobian! You just ran into the nicest bunch of people on the internet! (But beware, some of the are certifiable!) I love it when new people join us!

Omegamom, I know exactly how you feel! I wish these shelters would care better for these dogs. So many become unadoptable. I volunteer at our local shelter, and I feel sometimes like I'm banging my head against a wall. We need more help and more full time workers. But it's not gonna happen. Our pups are all shelter dogs, and they're wonderful, but we had the time and knowledge (not to mention land) to raise them right. 7kstar is right, too many people don't understand what adopting a dog involves. At least you three were smart enough to see this!

• Love 5

So this means more surgery and stronger chemo? We'll be thinking good thoughts for the results of the tests. Hang in there.

Off topic: I love Galavant. (And it means lots and lots of Tim O. with long flowing locks, ahhhhh...)

• Love 1

I'll be thinking of you, MickLady. Tell Mick that there's a whole herd of Internet ladies who insist he take very good care of you (not that he needs to be told!).

Omegamom, you have no idea how wonderful Mick has been! Meeting with my surgeon, we had a discussion about the possibility of a mastectomy, or even a double mastectomy. Katie (my surgeon) looked at Mick to judge his reaction, and he said: "Well, less work for me!" Katie didn't know how to take it until I cracked up, laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. She smiled and said, "You two are going to beat this just fine" She's so right!

rue and 7kstar. Isn't it wonderful that we have such a great group of friends here to help us out? I wish I could do more for you all, but just knowing we all have this place is such a comfort. Thanks to everyone of you, I sincerely mean that.

For now, I'm looking forward to the  Super Bowl, and all the crap Mick and I are going to eat! Pizza and wings! 

Go Payton!

• Love 4

Omegamom, you have no idea how wonderful Mick has been! She smiled and said, "You two are going to beat this just fine" She's so right!

rue and 7kstar. Isn't it wonderful that we have such a great group of friends here to help us out? I wish I could do more for you all, but just knowing we all have this place is such a comfort. Thanks to everyone of you, I sincerely mean that.

For now, I'm looking forward to the  Super Bowl, and all the crap Mick and I are going to eat! Pizza and wings! 

Go Payton!

Have a blast eating Pizza and wings.  Mick is a great hero...is he related to the Winchester's I mean back when they were Hero's and enjoyed saving people?  :)

Yes sometimes I think we meet people on the internet to give us the support we need and I certainly enjoy coming here to escape from real life drama.  Mick Lady considered yourself hugged and know that I'm in your corner as you struggle through this.  Focus on the positive.  On my best days I remember this.  :)

• Love 1

So.... I need to vent. Can I do it here?

Someone took a training package I made. Added some charts. Put it on a different background (different organization). And is briefing it without any reference to me at a major conference.

I'm feeling robbed.

Someone took a training package I made. Added some charts. Put it on a different background (different organization). And is briefing it without any reference to me at a major conference.

I'm feeling robbed.

• Love 1

Omegamom, you have no idea how wonderful Mick has been! Meeting with my surgeon, we had a discussion about the possibility of a mastectomy, or even a double mastectomy. Katie (my surgeon) looked at Mick to judge his reaction, and he said: "Well, less work for me!" Katie didn't know how to take it until I cracked up, laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. She smiled and said, "You two are going to beat this just fine" She's so right!

Go Payton!

Micklady, your Mick sounds like an angel.  Hope you have a great football night, with Good food and family!

• Love 2

I'm feeling robbed.

I'm feeling robbed.

HOLY SHIT! That's straight plagiarism IMO.  I would be livid!! That's awful :( I'm so sorry. Is this someone you know?

UGH. I just got 100% over a sinus issue like a week ago. I swam again and did a bunch of errands and laundry. And last night I started with a little bit of a hacky cough and this morning I'm hacking away.  FFFFFFF>

Good thing I have Mucinex on hand. I hope that takes care of the problem. Sorry for the whine!

Wow, SueB! Did you talk to them about it?

Not yet.  I'm going to dial into the conference tomorrow (I couldn't attend in person) and get the gist.  I'll probably send a follow-up note about the conference in general to the two that presented and request they put a reference at least to the non-profit that I did the charts for on the "reference" page of the brief.  I might also ask if any reference was made verbally by someone who was there during the presentation (as I could not be there).  That'll temper my response. 

It just stings because yes, I've worked with them for years.  I've given the training course for almost 10 years. 

• Love 2

Not yet.  I'm going to dial into the conference tomorrow (I couldn't attend in person) and get the gist.  I'll probably send a follow-up note about the conference in general to the two that presented and request they put a reference at least to the non-profit that I did the charts for on the "reference" page of the brief.  I might also ask if any reference was made verbally by someone who was there during the presentation (as I could not be there).  That'll temper my response. 

It just stings because yes, I've worked with them for years.  I've given the training course for almost 10 years. 

Make sure you follow up on this. You deserve credit for this work, and after all of the time you invested in it, to have it stolen...Oh Hell SueB, I'd be livid!

• Love 1

Okay, folks. I need y'all to get on my case about this, make sure I follow through. A week ago? Two? I noticed that the middle toe on my left foot was numb. Ish. I looked it up, some sort of inflammation of the nerve. Intermittent; some days okay, some days worse.

Then this evening, the numbness has suddenly spread across the bottom of the foot, with occasional numb-ish spots going up my leg. Needless to say, this is bugging me right now.

But I know darned well that if it's not bothering me tomorrow, I won't follow through, which is where the "get on my case" comes in. Don't want to worry hubby until I've investigated it more; he tends to freak out easily.

Don't mess around with the FEET Omegamom!  I'm telling you, recovery can be slow if it's a "thing".  The faster you hop on it (no pun intended), the faster it'll heal (whatever it is).

• Love 2

Aw, MickLady. I did go off to the doc, he said it wa ps probably a neuroma (inflamed nerve) in the foot, it's pretty common, and we should treat it conservatively for a month (mainly ongoing 800 mg ibuprofen 3/day), keep off the foot as much as possible, and we'll see how it is in a month. So that's what I'm doing. The high dose ibuprofen seems to be helping; it's nowhere as bad as it was.

And, yes, I'll keep up on it, and, yes, I'll do the follow up and the blood work (could be a vitamin deficiency, could be diabetes). Okay?? ;-)

• Love 4

Aw, MickLady. I did go off to the doc, he said it wa ps probably a neuroma (inflamed nerve) in the foot, it's pretty common, and we should treat it conservatively for a month (mainly ongoing 800 mg ibuprofen 3/day), keep off the foot as much as possible, and we'll see how it is in a month. So that's what I'm doing. The high dose ibuprofen seems to be helping; it's nowhere as bad as it was.

And, yes, I'll keep up on it, and, yes, I'll do the follow up and the blood work (could be a vitamin deficiency, could be diabetes). Okay?? ;-)

I'll give you a pass here, but you better follow up! The gang here are some of my very favorite people, and I love and need you all!!

On the other hand, do you feel like Payton Manning? 'Cause that's kind of cool...

I'll post a quick update. On Thursday, I had surgery to implant a "port": for Chemo, and I start on Tuesday. Plan is for Chemo every three weeks for six rounds, and see how much the tumor shrinks. Bummer is, I will lose my hair (FUCK! I have red hair to my waist!), but Mick knows a young lady he practically raised that owns a salon here in town, and she's going to cut my hair (I'm donating it to Locks For Love) and set me up with scarfs and headbands. I like them better than wigs!

Other than that, I'm doing great, my Oncologist is a math geek, so we get on fine, and my support here is unbelievable! My biggest problem is keeping Mick from shaving his head. He has blond hair past his shoulders, and I love it!

I'm going into this with a good attitude, and expecting the best out come.

Ever see the movie "No Country For Old Men"? In it, one character says to her daughter "I have the cancer!" to get sympathy from her. I've been using it on Mick, and we laugh like crazy!!

• Love 7