Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Rule #46: Keep the Holidays Low Key

Abby takes advantage of the kids being with Jake to throw an "Adult Friendsgiving" dinner with new boyfriend Will. But as strange things begin to happen around the house, Abby and Jo question whether or not a spirit has decided to join them.

Yay me!  Found the remote & turned Bravo off the second the preview for the next BH ep ended.  I didn't wanna look at Jake's ugly mug for one second, thank you.  Actually, the commercials for this ep turned me off so badly I vowed to stop watching this shit.  More crap how we're supposed to believe Warren Christie is 28, when he's really 40.  No Noxon, don't treat me like a fuckin' moron cuz that I totally hate & won't put up with.  OK, Bravo, you renewed this unwatchable garbage, but lemme tell ya, advertisers won't be fooled if ratings plummet -- as I know they will.

Did anyone notice that her "young" boyfriend has tons of gray hairs in his beard?  Ha!  I can't stand Phoebe by the way and I totally don't see her with that new guy.  Totally unbelievable pairing.  I can't stand Jake.  I find him gross.  And the little kid is a brat.  Hated his tantrum.

• Love 1

These kids are going to need so much therapy later in life. That assumes they get that far without winding up in prison. What parent doesn't punish a kid for kicking somebody unprovoked and that ridiculous screaming on the floor tantrum? I get that the kid was annoyed about the boyfriend, but you talk out the issue and punish the inappropriate actions. He should have been in his room the rest of the episode. Also, the ghost thing was nuts. Who encourages that ... entire plot in front of their kids who may never sleep again after all that nonsense they just got fed?

I'm ignoring the rest. They're all caught up in nonsense and less mature than most of the kids.

• Love 2

These kids are going to need so much therapy later in life. That assumes they get that far without winding up in prison. What parent doesn't punish a kid for kicking somebody unprovoked and that ridiculous screaming on the floor tantrum? I get that the kid was annoyed about the boyfriend, but you talk out the issue and punish the inappropriate actions. He should have been in his room the rest of the episode. Also, the ghost thing was nuts. Who encourages that ... entire plot in front of their kids who may never sleep again after all that nonsense they just got fed?

I'm ignoring the rest. They're all caught up in nonsense and less mature than most of the kids.

Forget later in life - Char Char needs to be therapy now. That kid is Shane-Botwin-whacking-it-to-his-mom's-picture fucked up.

Thanksgiving the week of Valentine's Day? Sure, why not? The timing makes as much sense as the rest of this show. Actually, it's pretty consistent with the chaos with which Abby surrounds herself.

Few things look more foolish than a menopausal woman in pigtails.

Seems like there was some other snarkable stuff going on, maybe the ignorance of anyone who's a guest in someone's home criticizing everything about the host's country and the tradition being celebrated, but that whole trope is too cliche'd to deserve much more than a mention.

"One episode left before the finale!" Thank you, Baby Jesus...If only it could be smudged away forever...

Edited by Lone Wolf

Thanksgiving the week of Valentine's Day? Sure, why not? The timing makes as much sense as the rest of this show. Actually, it's pretty consistent with the chaos with which Abby surrounds herself.

The finale will be the Christmas special!

I keep watching this show. I don't know, I find enough that's still entertaining, though I can't really say why. Helps my brain relax after a day of hard thinking? I'll stick with that. I can use the same excuse for Vanderpump.

But I hate that damn kid Char Char. I should feel bad about that and I don't.

Jo is growing on me, and I love me some artichoke dip. I did think Abby's pigtails and tshirt were cute. ;)

I agree HouseofBeck.  Don't hate the show, but do think the writing is a bit flimsy and the situations are more than outlandish.  

I really love the Delia part and think she's a great kick ass woman character. 

Abby and Jake are the WORST parents ever.  It's really surprising that Abby was supposed to be some of kind of parenting guru.  She's awful.  Her kids walk all over her, call the shots, are never held accountable for their bad behavior and are brats.  They are just the worst.

I do like the Phoebe story line if only because I identify with her as someone who's been home with the kids and now trying to figure out the next phase of life.  I don't have a fabulously wealthy ex to finance me, but I can see how she got to where she is.  

• Love 2

Forget later in life - Char Char needs to be therapy now. That kid is Shane-Botwin-whacking-it-to-his-mom's-picture fucked up.

If you love him on this show you will just adore him on "The Slap".  At least he had good practice kicking an adult in the shins!

Sorry, my quotes are screwed up and I don't know how to fix em. 

Edited by raiderred1

After I finished checking "I agree/I agree/I agree" to everything that's been said here, I have to add this from my own particular cultural perspective. 
When I found out Delia was Iranian, I thought, Now *this* will be interesting! can't wait to see her interact with her father, and nod my head through all the great arguing sure to come.  There's lots of culturally-bound drama, exists between an Americanized (or half-American) Persian girl and her daddy.
Now, her dad's younger than my dad, and from the dates mentioned, sounds like one of the Revolution refugees that left after the "new" shah was deposed.  So there's that difference. 
Butbutbut....
An Iranian father sponging off his daughter?  I'm sure they're out there, but MAN! never met one, never heard of one. 
He was a dick, with absolutely no saving grace, and that relationship was a blown opportunity.  *sulks*

Please forgive me for dwelling in cultural stereotypes.  

If you love him on this show you will just adore him on "The Slap".  At least he had good practice kicking an adult in the shins!

Sorry, my quotes are screwed up and I don't know how to fix em.

I saw a preview of that and thought that might be him. I'll make you a deal - if you tell me that he's the one getting slapped I'll tune in.

• Love 2

When the little brat kicked Will and then had a tantrum, I screamed at the TV for someone to send him to his room. Do SOMETHING. Why Jake didn't do or say anything is beyond me. And while I'm on the subject of Jake, can someone please point out to him that Becca was just as young if not younger than Will. (Well, from the age they want us to believe Will is.) are he and Becca still together or did they break up? I don't know why I haven't stopped watching this show yet.

God I hate the kids on this show. The daughter had no problem with the dad dating a much younger person. Was that because she was famous and she was using their relationship to become poplar in school? And, Jake was an ass, he was dating someone supposedly the same age as the guy Abby is seeing. Good for him, bad for her. What a jerk. He should not have come to the dinner, even if he felt Abby was inviting him. I really hate when no one can say no to any invitation of the tv, especially with seduction scenes.

I truly loved the view from outside seeing inside the lighting between sunlight to nightime in those floor to ceiling windows, in Abbys house. I was blown away with the time lapse beauty.