Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Heels are NOT Recommended

• Start Topic

Welcome to the Hollywood Game Night Small Talk thread! This topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies
This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  • Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!
Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
  • Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea
Happy trails beyond Small Talk! Edited by stacey
updating Small Talk info

Omg I love this show. Thought I'd hate it. Tried it. LOVE IT!

I enjoy the celebs who go all psycho competitive. It's a little much, but I prefer that to the ones who are sort of meh.

I cry from the funny at the Doo Doo Doo game and the other one with music or song titles or movie titles. The one game I think needs tweaking is the rewording game where you can't say the exact words of a famous quote. That seems too hard at times, well not "hard" per se,  but hard to do quickly.

Not crazy about the point spread on Clue Boom.

Edited by ari333

I saw the episode with Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines. It was okay, but it didn't keep my full attention through the show. I think you were close, Kromm, in your description, but I would make it: RIOT= Hollywood Game Night + Who's Line Is It Anyway? + Wipeout. 

I did like the slanted set, even if the gags went a bit longer than necessary. I like the Question game with the airlift. I did worry a little as the people seemed more jerked into the air like a doll a toddler plays with!

My happiest surprise was seeing John Ross Bowie, Kripke of The Big Bang Theory! He's very funny.

I really enjoyed the Alexander/Hines episode.  However, the next episode was hard to watch.  i suspect like with Hollywood Game Night the quality of the show is really dependent on the willingness of the guests to go along with the game.

@Grammaeryn we use TVDB for episode numbers. I checked and there were a few that had the wrong number which I've corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

The difference between the two is that IMDB lists 16 episodes for season 2 and TVDB lists 17.

How many of the shows games can realistically be played at your home party?

I'd say quite a few:

How Do You Doo

I Love a Charade

TV ID

Take the Hint

Lost in Translation

In Other Words

Show Me the Music (Instead of playing the song and having the guesser wear noise-cancelling headphones, just show the clue givers the title of the song.)

Make Up Artists

Link in the Chain

Letter Have It

Sounds Off

Mono Tunes

Celebrity Name Game

Grr! My memory and Google fu are failing me but I know that fairly recently one of the EHG guests discussed making an at home version of Hollywood Game Night and listed several successful games. Hopefully @Tara Ariano remembers which episode it was and will chime in and help. It sounds like tons of fun though.  

I'd say quite a few:

How Do You Doo

I Love a Charade

TV ID

Take the Hint

Lost in Translation

In Other Words

Show Me the Music (Instead of playing the song and having the guesser wear noise-cancelling headphones, just show the clue givers the title of the song.)

Make Up Artists

Link in the Chain

Letter Have It

Sounds Off

Mono Tunes

Celebrity Name Game

You could probably also do that Timeline game if you were willing to do some internet printing.

One of my favorite moments - I forget which episode.

It involved the final game, where the two chosen celebs are trying to explain other celebs to the contestant.

If it's a sports star, they say "He/She plays for this team....

If it's a TV/Movie star, they say "He/She was in this show/movie.....

If it's a music star, they say "He/She sang this song....

So the clue came up........   Khloe Kardashian.

Both celebs froze for at least two seconds.

One of them finally said "She's......one of the ......... sisters."

I was on the floor, rolling around in laughter.

I have 5 episodes on the DVR and haven't had the inkling to want to watch them. I'm not sure when it happened but sometime in this current season I sort of became disinterested in the show even though I really enjoyed it before.