Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: A Fling Thing/S01.E07: The Wedding Job

• Start Topic

I thought the show was boring too. I think the next time we see Whitney, she will be on my 600 pound life. Unless she finally admits her weight is due to what she eats, there is no hope for her. She is the opposite of an anorexic, who thinks they are fat when all of their bones stick out....she sees herself as much thinner than she is, I do believe.

• Love 4

You would, however, be free to discriminate against her for that braying laugh, awful personality, and general unwillingness to act like an adult. But by voluntarily removing herself from the job force to mooch at home, she's resolved the issue.

Yeah, well, there's that. : )

• Love 2

Is the consensus that this won't be renewed for a second season?

Unless I'm missing something, I haven't seen anything particularly fabulous about Whitney's life. It's been a tedious version of " Simon Says" ('cept it's name here is "Production Says"). I think she's a bit delusional. She has no dance career. Reality tv is not a career. There's been nothing compelling about her/her story to warrant a second season, IMO.

• Love 3

Unless I'm missing something, I haven't seen anything particularly fabulous about Whitney's life. It's been a tedious version of " Simon Says" ('cept it's name here is "Production Says"). I think she's a bit delusional. She has no dance career. Reality tv is not a career. There's been nothing compelling about her/her story to warrant a second season, IMO.

I don't know - TLC has been pushing her pretty hard. I can imagine a second season, especially since it seems that we will exit this season with the cliffhanger of "Whitney's Health is at Stake!"

• Love 1

I'd rather watch a show about Whitney - even if she doesn't have a fabulous life - than yet another show about little people or religious fundamentalists who have four thousand children.

They would see ratings go up if she was actively trying to lose weight. You cannot push that being 380 lbs and so fat that you cant shave the back of your legs is healthy or fabulous

I get what they are trying to do here but they needed someone who is overweight..not morbidly obese. 

Also, the Little couple is the best show on TLC but ITA about rather watching Whitney and the other 600 lbers than Duggars or sister wives...

• Love 3

Surprised that I am happy it's not cancelled. 

Now Whitney is under pressure to actually try to lose significant weight.

Or to continue to defy societal pressiures and assert her big fat fabulosity.

As I've said several times here before - I hope this season has all been a big setup for Whitney to slog through a weight-loss/get-fit/get-healthy regimen in the next season. It could be interesting to watch her make the necessary lifestyle changes to acheive her goal. The only thing this season has not done successfuly is highlight exactly what Whitney eats daily. From the little we've been shown, we know she enjoys pizza and wine, and mayo-banana sandwiches, and when she shops, she goes for the ready-made frozen meals. Other than that, all we've heard is that it's her PCOS that has caused her weight gain.

I'm willing to give Whitney another season if she changes her focus from - "I'm so great the way I am" to "I could stand to lose a few".

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 1

Hey guys,  I am the actual Bride from this episode. While I think that Whitney played it off pretty well and did not make me/us seem to be horrible people, it probably could have been handled a bit differently. Planning a beach wedding is enough to drive any bride-to-be crazy, especially doing it from completely across the country, having a celebrity attend and with all the cameras+extra people+filming involved, plus learning a dance routine THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING, it was WAY too much to handle. I had contact with Whitney and the producers during the months prior, and Whitney had planned to video-chat with me to do the dance routine prior. I was living in North Dakota at the time and having to remotely plan the entire thing, wedding included. Three days prior, we were down in OBX and getting everything ready. Frankly, I wasn't sure she was even on track to show up still until then. We had wanted to do the dance routine/practice at an off-location, but the TLC team wanted to have it done at the house. Which, by the way, was completely filled with my guests and bridal party. So, what you saw was our attempt at making it happen scant hours before the wedding. I quite literally couldn't handle it. However, the reason why I actually cancelled was the fact that my father had big plans that he couldn't tell me!  On our wedding day, my father stepped in and actually gave us away, he had previously became an ordained minister in order to give me away at the "altar". He did not want to do this on live TV and was having a complete meltdown that this live-tv thing was happening (without telling me his plans). So, in order to calm him down, I texted Whitney, and the rest is history. To answer some questions, YES she was still invited and could have come to the wedding. She did not. Which I understand considering this situation. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, mrspowelson said:

Hey guys,  I am the actual Bride from this episode. 

It's always great to get the inside scoop, thanks for posting. How did you get involved with Whitney in the first place? Did the producers approach you? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mrspowelson said:

Hey guys,  I am the actual Bride from this episode. While I think that Whitney played it off pretty well and did not make me/us seem to be horrible people, it probably could have been handled a bit differently. Planning a beach wedding is enough to drive any bride-to-be crazy, especially doing it from completely across the country, having a celebrity attend and with all the cameras+extra people+filming involved, plus learning a dance routine THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING, it was WAY too much to handle. I had contact with Whitney and the producers during the months prior, and Whitney had planned to video-chat with me to do the dance routine prior. I was living in North Dakota at the time and having to remotely plan the entire thing, wedding included. Three days prior, we were down in OBX and getting everything ready. Frankly, I wasn't sure she was even on track to show up still until then. We had wanted to do the dance routine/practice at an off-location, but the TLC team wanted to have it done at the house. Which, by the way, was completely filled with my guests and bridal party. So, what you saw was our attempt at making it happen scant hours before the wedding. I quite literally couldn't handle it. However, the reason why I actually cancelled was the fact that my father had big plans that he couldn't tell me!  On our wedding day, my father stepped in and actually gave us away, he had previously became an ordained minister in order to give me away at the "altar". He did not want to do this on live TV and was having a complete meltdown that this live-tv thing was happening (without telling me his plans). So, in order to calm him down, I texted Whitney, and the rest is history. To answer some questions, YES she was still invited and could have come to the wedding. She did not. Which I understand considering this situation. 

Good for you. Your dad came first. You'll remember forever how sweet he was to do that for you but you may not remember or even be proud of your time with Whitney Thore. I really applaud you for not giving in to the pressure of today's society to grab the 15 minutes of fame at any cost.

• Love 7

I'm sorry the editing wasn't very flattering.  That was very sweet of your dad and of course there's no way you could have anticipated it.  One question... it's been a while since I saw that episode, but I think it implied that you didn't pay Whitney for her time and expenses?

• Love 1