Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Wisdom Teeth

As soon as I heard "Felicity Porter" I started dying.  Loved that show.  Love that Lincoln loves it. I would have 0 dental anxiety if I could find a dentist like him in my area.  Just talk to me about Felicity in a soothing voice.

I also loved the $1,000+ bill at Whole Foods.  On credit card.  Insane.  

But I think the Drew Barrymore impersonation was my favorite moment. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Abbi told Jeremy she was doing a Drew Barrymore impression during her 23 minute message or if he just knew that's what it was.

I loved when Lincoln told Abbi he removed all her teeth and Ilana freaked out only to have Lincoln remind her that she was watching the entire time.

• Love 3

Lincoln is great at being the straight man but still being funny.

You need him here because Abbi went total batshit hilariously.

I just loved the dancing and then they cut to her doing it in the hallway.

For some reason the "yeah this area totally changed" was a funny joke because both drugged out Abbi and sober Ilana said the same thing.

• Love 2

Wait. What did Abbi's imaginary whatever that was say when Ilana came into the Whole Foods? All I could make out "Oh, shit! It's [something something] the weed witch!" I wouldn't ask except that the Xfinity site doesn't yet have the episode available so I'm streaming it from another site.

Anyway, I nearly hurt myself laughing so hard from beginning to end. First from Ilana's awful posing in the art class to the whole dentist appointment to Jaime freaking out at 42 Squirts to the make-up job that Ilana was proud of to Lincoln and Ilana playing the "Guess what old person this is?" bit. Just everything was brilliant.

What also dawned on me as I watched the show is how much more superior I find it to be to Girls mainly because both shows take place in Brooklyn, yet Girls' Brooklyn is devoid of people of color (only speaking of the first season and the few of the second season I watched. Maybe that bit has been corrected?). Broad City really is more reflective of NYC.

Edited by Mozelle

Ha, I loved Ilana's crazy poses in Abbi's art class. And I totally cracked up when Abbi hucked that jar of manuka honey in Whole Foods and hit that lady. I loved when she knocked over the boxes of cereal. I would watch high Abbi shop at Whole Foods every week.

While I felt sorry for poor Jaime trying to decide which flavor was Abbi, I kept thinking that all that froyo was going to melt before he even got to the cash register.

I absolutely loved this episode. And when I was watching it, I was IMing my friend the exact conversation you GIFfed above. Just because I kept saying, "OMG SO EMBARRASSING!" over and over again, and had to explain what I was freaking out about. I love that you did this, so I could just send this link to my friend. (I'm not sure I did it justice).

Wait. What did Abbi's imaginary whatever that was say when Ilana came into the Whole Foods? All I could make out "Oh, shit! It's [something something] the weed witch!" I wouldn't ask except that the Xfinity site doesn't yet have the episode available so I'm streaming it from another site.

"Oh, (bleep), it's Strega Nona, the weed witch! Peace, mortals!"  Really random reference, but that's part of what makes this show, this show.  Like when Ilana hissed the punk away from stealing her bike.

I had a feeling that Abbi was going to start hallucinating and Bingo Bronson was going to come to life; just couldn't guess the context.  High-larious hijinks, nonetheless.

Anybody else catch that Abbi counted backwards the same way the theme song does: "Four and three and two and one-one"! Loved this ep, best of season 2 to me.

Good catch.

No Bevers this week.  Guess he was busy on Marry Me.  Heh, heh.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Abbi unintentionally demonstrates the man-repellingest lines in history, and we've collected them for posterity.

Oh man, that first fake phone call killed.  This show is brilliant.

Was "Guess what old person this is?" ad libbed? It was pretty funny, but it seemed like they just started riffing.

If I had to guess, that seems like something that might be ad-libbed in the writers' room at the latest. Given that this conversation took place in two completely different setups and they probably don't actually webcam their conversations live, it was probably written down by the time they went to shoot it. 

I love this show so much.  I will admit to making up fake phone calls to escape certain situations before but never have I ever started yelling about stains in my underwear.  Who does that?  Awesome people in my TV, that's who!

I also find this show to be the much needed antidote to GIRLS. It's the same premise basically except it is funny, clever, ridiculously absurdist and you don't have to be in TV version Brooklyn to know or be an "Abbi" and "Illana." Having said that, where the hell can I get the recipe for that amazing samores flavored weed-shake? That looked very well-thought out and dee-lious.

• Love 1

I just discovered this show like a few days ago! Amazing! I binged watched every ep right to this one. Simply brilliant!

Reminds me of Absolutely Fabulous --- The next generation. (If you've never seen that jewel- I suggest giving Edwina (Eddie) Monsoon and Patsy Stone a watch -- hilarious!)

I also watch Girls but do not compare the them. Two different creators--two different visions. I like them both but in different ways.

Anyway ---I laughed out loud at Ilana posing for the art class. LOVED the trip to Whole Foods and Abbi buying (on credit card no less!) $1000.00 worth of food. That's a lot of whole food! Ha! Oh! and Abbi's fake phone calls made me almost fall off the couch laughing when I realized what she was doing!

I am in all the way with this show. My favorite new obsession.