Type keyword(s) to search

S26: Jeffrey & Jackie

• Start Topic

At first blush Jackie seemed like she'd be really annoying.

But in actually she was unexpectedly kind of cool. At least SO far (it could certainly come off the rails later).  She seemed to have a really good attitude.

• Love 2

Don't know how I feel about Jeff yet, but I kinda find Jackie adorable.  I was impressed that they did the Samurai Sake Detour so quickly, and with better cab luck, they might've kept their buffer on Jelani & Jenny long enough to win the Express Pass.  That said, it was dumb not to realize "vicinity" meant "area around," not "inside."

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1

Jeff really had a tough time with that Roadblock.  And I have no clue why they thought the Chair Detour would've been better for them than the Share one.  And I really don't know how they lost two places when they left that Detour in fourth.  But nonetheless, solid leg.

I really like Jeff and Jackie a lot and I could see them dating after the race.  They are both really nice have a sense of humor seem to really get along so far.  

Not much seen from them this week.  They had to switch from the Ski Detour to the Tree one just like Aly & Steve did.  From there, we didn't see them screw up much, so it was almost like they weren't there.

Eighth place for problem faltering more times than we saw at the Tree Detour and the cabaret task.

At first blush Jackie seemed like she'd be really annoying.

But in actually she was unexpectedly kind of cool. At least SO far (it could certainly come off the rails later).  She seemed to have a really good attitude.

Same here. I came in prejudiced, all ready to hate her, but then I got over myself.  These two seem to be getting along swimmingly.  One out of 5 isn't bad, TAR!

They're probably my favorite team at this point. I'm far from a romantic but I do love love, and they seem like the only blind date team that could ever conceivably date. I also like their attitudes, Jeff's in particular. I think they're fun.

(edited)

Yeah, three episodes in and they haven't disappointed me or backslid.  If anything maybe they were a bit TOO calm at being in what (for all they knew) was last place, since nobody REALLY knew where the New Kids were.  That said, better that than being assholes.  

if I had one minor peck at them besides the seeming lack of urgency, it was that Jeff seemed like he was rolling his eyes at the Ladyboys (in that scene where we saw him have to first get into the garb).  Of course a few of the other guys felt like they had to crow about what he-men they were (we heard the term "Ladymen", for example), so I guess Jeff was far from the most insecure.

No idea what to make of their sleeping arrangements.  The way Jeff turned Jackie's comment about needing time alone in the room into a joke, it's clear they aren't actually... doing it... but what's NOT clear is if they WANT to.

re: Jackie's statements about being a dancer?  No.  She's not an exotic dancer.  She's what in other times might have been called a professional cheerleader, but these days they're more dancers (and her most recent job seems to have been in Las Vegas, seemingly as some kind of showgirl).  So yeah... again it's the show not really casting "regular" people, since that puts her marginally in show business.  EDIT - in fact, I just came across a site where they had material from some interview with her and she said that the show recruited her.  They got in touch with the Miami Heat, and even though she hadn't worked for the Heat for 6 years, somehow her name got given to the casting people.

yjKFCwf.jpgkhunusy.jpgiBg6xij.jpg

In the red outfit she seems to look even MORE like Kim K., and her boobs seem far bigger, so maybe she got implants. A shame, because I think she looks just fine in the older cheerleading shots.

Edited by Kromm

I do not like Jackie and I'm not sure I'll get over it.  Maybe it's because her face looks as fake as KK's.  I know I was extremely irritated when she said it's ok if she's dumb because everything else about her (appearance wise) is perfect.  That only invites me to tell her how unattractive her face is, and I truly hate when women embrace stupidity.  I admit I'm impressed by the strength of the glue that holds her false eyelashes in place.  They stay in place even when she's drenched.

Once again, not much from them, but they appeared to do the Wheel Detour well enough.  Jackie was adorable when she sank the snooker ball.  Jeff did all right with the Roadblock, too.

In the end, a mostly average leg deserves fifth place.

They also seem to be one of those teams we get one of every few seasons (to be honest, usually female-female teams) where mysteriously off camera they seem to fall to the back of the pack often, and then we (sometimes) seem them crawl back up a couple places on camera (as we did on this episode).  And then the next time there's a bunching, they'll maybe magically fall to the back again.

Or at least it's SEEMED like that so far based on episodes 2 through 4.  It could be a false feeling.

(edited)

Got lost trying to find the cars, but other than that, it wasn't too bad.  They did the in-reverse task well, and they did the Stack Detour well, too.  Jackie knocked out that Roadblock with no huge problems.  My one gripe is that they lied to Laura & Tyler about their fanny pack, but at the same time . . . it's a race, and any mistake made by one team can and should be another team's gain.

Decent, well-deserved third place.

Edited by Donny Ketchum

Maybe it's not completely "equal" and thus sexist in it's own way, but I agree with Jackie that you don't tell a woman to shut up.

Well, unless her name is Hayley the Nurse.  There's a point beyond which ANYONE can be pushed to want to tell someone to shut the hell up.

But Jackie didn't seem anywhere near that (extreme) point.

To his credit, Jeffrey seemed genuinely contrite later on. And Jackie genuinely forgiving.  Ergo, I don't think any of this should really be held against either of them.

The hiding the fanny pack/blowing off the question about it (it was more of a dodge)?  Big deal.  Its a race, not an Honesty Contest, and it was that other couple's own damn mistake that led to the situation.  

Also, in addition to being a good dancer, Jackie seems to be a pretty good singer too.  To sound even halfway decent in German (especially faked up German when you don't know a WORD of it)?  That takes a good voice.

• Love 3

I liked this couple quite a bit until the fanny pack incident. Yes, it's a Race, and yes, Laura and Tyler (well, Tyler) were careless, which created the problem, but I think there's a difference between 'not helping' and 'actively misleading'. Not to mention being gleeful about said lying. I know there's a million dollars at stake, and it's meant to be competitive, but I think there are lines that perhaps shouldn't be crossed. It's why there are rules about not interfering with another team's property. Although this didn't sink to that level, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

A friend watching with us said he thought Jeff and Jackie took the cash from Laura and Tyler's fanny pack. I didn't think so. Anyone? Bueller?

All that being said, IMHO Jackie had the best voice of all the 'wooers'.

It seems a bit interpretative of what we saw to say Jackie was gleeful about the lying.  She was perhaps gleeful about the MISTAKE the other couple made, but there's a shade of difference there between those two things.

• Love 1

Aw.  Jackie did so well on the Roadblock, too.  But trouble finding that Detour, being last out of it, and then getting lost again is what doomed them.  Sucks, because I really wanted them to stick around a bit longer.

I hope something good came out of the Blind Date format for them, since they seemed to be the only team who actually seemed into each other.

They had a few nice unaired clips.  It must be tough to be eliminated when they ran a pretty good leg, with the fatal mistake of the navigation at the end.  I liked what Jackie said about about how the Race was a good experience since it forced her to confront relationship problems instead of running away.  They were both pretty articulate on the mat at the end. 

• Love 1

Aw dammit, this was my favorite Blind Date couple!  Not least because they got along the best, but also because Jackie is one tough lady, and I appreciated the fact that she took no shit but could also have a lot of fun on the way.  Why couldn't it have been Hayley and Blair, or even Jenny and Jelani??

Jeff and Jackie for All-Stars!

• Love 1