Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Anticipation

Hopes, wishes, fears, suggestion, speculation, impatience, ...

The finale opens up the possibility of Flynn joining the show full-time.  I'm somewhat dubious because the character really overpowers everyone else in the room, which is not so good for the show.  So I thought it would be best if he could be used sparingly.

But then it occurred to me that Flynn with a guardian and a team of junior Librarians would probably be a somewhat different person.  Not being alone could take some of the manic edge off him.  In the Apple of Discord episode, he was pretty tolerable watching Cassandra and Jake work together on the cobblestone puzzle, and when working with Jake and Baird to disarm Cassandra.  (Then he got apple himself and it was off to the races again.)

So I do think it's possible to see them all work together as a team without Flynn taking over.  But it might be that he steps back and becomes more of the Judson behind-the-scenes guy and lets the team take more of a lead.

The thing is, though, early Nate was pretty damn insufferable. 

I don't mind them all having a lot of work to do. It kind of bothers me that the only functioning adult with healthy boundaries is Baird. I don't want her to have to become mom.

• Love 1

I don't think Flynn should be a regular. I said in the other thread, they could have a mid season 2 parter where he's involved because it's a big mission. I'm sure there's tons of stuff to do 'offscreen.'

• Love 1

Yeah, I think it would be a mistake to have Flynn there all the time.  While the others were useful when they were working with Flynn, Flynn did just fine on his own for 10 years so would there really be a need for the other three if he was back being the full-time Librarian?

So I do think it's possible to see them all work together as a team without Flynn taking over.  But it might be that he steps back and becomes more of the Judson behind-the-scenes guy and lets the team take more of a lead.

I could see this working well.  They let Judson die in the first episode, right?  Or freed him from the mirror or whatever?  If he's not coming back then that spot it available for Flynn to fill.  Although, I'm not sure what Jenkins would do….  I hope the writers are thinking about this now so they're ready if the show gets picked up again.

Yeah, I think it would be a mistake to have Flynn there all the time.  While the others were useful when they were working with Flynn, Flynn did just fine on his own for 10 years so would there really be a need for the other three if he was back being the full-time Librarian?

On the other hand, there were a lot fewer magical artifacts and a lot less free magic loose in the world then. 

Now that we know there will be a second season...

There could be a way to structure the season-long big bad such that Flynn deals with the main problem and the team deals with the problems around the edges.  Or maybe Flynn gets lost and the quest is to retrieve him.

I don't know if I want Dulaque to be the big bad again this season, but I wouldn't mind seeing him again.  And I'd be particularly happy if Lamia wasn't really (most sincerely) dead.  She and Stone need to do some more of that weird flirting.

• Love 1

Or somehow the Lamia from the Librarian Cassandra AU followed secretly her librarian and ended up in this timeline. Which would be so awkward for her and the others. Not quite the cool evil Lamia back, but coming close.

On second thought: That would be kinda Tasha Yar in reverse - and I disliked much of that story line although bad Tasha had her moments.

Edited by katusch

This popped up on my FB feed yesterday...  https://www.facebook.com/FGLeader?fref=ts- A couple of articles and several pics.

They're currently filming in Forest Grove, Oregon which is the far western outer reaches of the Portland suburbs - and I use that term somewhat loosely - plenty of folks live in FG and commute in to jobs closer in on the Westside or even in Portland proper but it's still very much a small town with a quaint, old-fashioned, early 20th century American downtown. 

Edited by HighQueenEB

I can't wait for the show to come back, the previews are getting me excited. Watching the first season on

demand has been fun. It really is a fun show to watch. I do admit Baird, Jenkins, Stone and Flynn are

my favorites. But I forgot how much I enjoyed Lamia. Her and Stone flirting with each other was fun

and her reaction when she was dealing with the "evil" librarians 'what is with this day?'. I hope

Season two is really good.

• Love 1