Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite/Hated Roommates: From Puck to Pedro

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

Since I started a thread on most/least favorite Challengers, I thought that I'd set one up for The Real World. It's a bit trickier, since you can only work with the one season* a specific person was in. For instance, as much as I like piling on John from Key West (now known as "Johnny Bananas," because whatever), I'd say that Tyler was a far uglier roommate that year. I kept wanting Svetlana to punch him, especially after that "burn book" nonsense.

Least Favorite for me? Gotta be Puck. Guy oozed disease from the scabs and mouth. He was a media whore before they were fashionable. I don't think Beth was as bad the year prior, but my memory gets hazy after twenty years, so your view may vary. Other pests off the top of my head: Steven Hill and Trishelle (Las Vegas), Greg (Hollywood), Ryan Leslie (NOLA2) . . . damn, there are so many people to hate, but I can't seem to recollect them right now.

Favorites? I have to start with Melissa from NOLA. An overweight guy like myself shouldn't see so much similarity in a 4'11" chick, but I adored the hell out of her. I also had a thing for Sarah from Miami. Hot tomboy who was a comic book editor in "real life"? Sweet. Back when I was on TWoP, I ran a "Rumble" tournament where she finished runner-up. The winner? Cynthia from the same season. I can understand that . . . she was highly entertaining in her tour of duty. And I had to admire Pedro, since he devoted the remainder of his life to trying to make people not make the same mistakes he did. I also followed most of Judd's comic book work, including his graphic novel about Pedro, which was a must-read.

I'll wait for you guys to post before I come back here, because my memory needs to be jogged. There's roughly 24 years of RW "goodness" to go through, after all.

* Yes, I am aware of the Las Vegas "reunion" season . . . but aside from seeing Brynn and Arissa again, do you really want to acknowledge it? At all?

• Love 1

I'm going to do my favorite/most hated roommates by season since it's too difficult to determine who I hate most between some of these insufferable people. I've seen at least 1 episode of all the seasons, but I missed almost all of Paris, Philly, and Austin. So a few of these picks are based on a cast member's work on The Challenge.

My favorite cast members from each season are (with brief reasoning):

New York-Heather B.-Larry Johnson, falling down while walking Gouda, and her beeper

Los Angeles-Dominic-big, spiky hair and hilarious throughout the season 

San Francisco-Pedro-the best in a great cast who selflessly used his final days to bring AIDS awareness to the world

London-Neil-the tongue incident, the pig's heart, and the fact that he referred to himself as an "intellectual wanker"

Miami-Joe-successful, his tall girlfriend, and that scene where he was trying to get the dog's erection down was one of the best. 

Boston-Genesis-this lipstick lesbian was the best in a great cast with her Genesisms, flamboyant friend, Adam, and deep backstory

Seattle-David-intense fellow, especially when it came to his love for Kira

Hawaii-Colin-I was living in Hawaii at the time and could relate the most to him and loved his sarcasm

New Orleans-Jamie-odd pick for such a great cast, but he just seemed like a cool guy to me

Back to New York-Lori-I had a major crush on her immediately

Chicago-Keri-Same as Lori

Las Vegas-Frank-the only one on this season that I didn't want to kill

Paris-CT-this is strictly for his work on the Challenges, particularly for making Bananas his backpack

San Diego-Brad-"I'm in jail, bitch" in addition to his Challenge work; best of a great cast

Philadelphia-Landon-another Challenge vote

Austin-Wes-love him on the Challenges 

Key West-Paula-love her on The Challenges and thought she grew a lot during her season

Denver-Jenn-hated this cast but at least Jenn was hot 

Sydney-Isaac-loved his made up lies and he seemed above all the pettiness that surrounded him that season 

Hollywood-Greg-hated him initially, but he grew on me with his "associates" and "peasants" talk

Brooklyn-Ryan-well-rounded military veteran/guitar player/film student who seemed to want to learn from everyone, which is what this experiment was designed to be about 

Cancun-CJ-found this cast to be insufferable so this wannabe NFL punter wins by default 

D.C.-Mike-nice bisexual who was passionate about issues effecting his community 

New Orleans 2-Sahar-I had a major crush on her. Bizarre I know. 

Las Vegas 2-Leroy-coolest black RWer ever, edging out Jacquese 

San Diego-Priscilla-really sweet; I had a major crush on her and her mom and liked how she played designated driver for the rest of the cast 

St. Thomas-Robb-a great guy who deserved better treatment than he got from Marie

Portland-Marlon-this bisexual was the only cast member I could stand from this season

Ex-plosion-Brian-this "deep dude" cracked me up, edging out Arielle as the coolest roommate

Skeletons (so far)-Sylvia-I have a crush on her and she seems like a decent person to me in comparison to the rest of the cast 

My most hated cast members from each season are (with brief reasoning):

New York-Andre-Reigndance

Los Angeles-Glen-Perch

San Francisco-Jo-one of the lamest; I thought her relationship with Steve was weird

London-Jacinda-annoyed by her accent and relationship with Paul

Miami-Flora-annoyed by her attitude and her relationship with Louis and Mitchell

Boston-Montana-she cheated on Vaj and gave alcohol to a minor

Seattle-Stephen-bitch slap heard across the world

Hawaii-Ruthie-almost died in the first episode due to alcohol poisoning and immediately became a problem for her roommates

New Orleans-Julie-she was actually okay on her season, but I loathed her later in the Challenges

Back to New York-Nicole-totally forgot about this season, but remember not liking her

Chicago-Aneesa-her walking around naked wasn't good for anyone

Las Vegas-Trishelle-Trashelle was so annoying and I didn't find her hot at all

Paris-Adam-for making CT have to punch him out in The Challenge

San Diego-Robin-a real basketcase; crying from jail and then crying excessively on The Challenges

Philadelphia-Sarah-all I remember about her is that she was rude to her mom who was suffering from cancer

Austin-Rachel-disagreed with her politics and liked the rest of the cast

Key West-Johnny-insufferable (more so on The Challenges)

Denver-Brooke-would throw temper tantrums over the stupidest stuff

Sydney-Trisha-I was team Parisa all the way; she was the epitome of a mean girl

Hollywood-Kimberly-so ditzy and kind of reminds me of Madison without the heroin addiction

Brooklyn-Katelynn-meh, just process of elimination since I like the rest of the cast

Cancun-Joey-disgusting human being

D.C.-Josh-what a poser

New Orleans 2-Ryan L.-this guy has a myriad of mental health issues

Las Vegas 2-Adam-psychopath who just might be my most hated cast member; hated that Nany fell for this tool

San Diego 2-Frank-another vile human being who can even trump a Neanderthal like Zach or an airhead like Ashley

St. Thomas-Swift-talks a great game, but he's really a loser

Portland-Nia-Hurricane, my ass; she's not as bad as she thinks she is

Ex-plosion-Jamie-aggressively jealous and possessive not to mention totally lame

Skeletons (so far)-Violetta-batshit crazy

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 1

It's been years (decades?) since I watched this show, but I always despised Puck, Beth Stolemycheck, Franky(?), and Pedro. I'm not sure which I despised most, but it was between Puck and Pedro, with Pedro ahead by a hair, especially after my memory is jogged by clips of him.

Most hated - Puck and Nicole from season 10

Most loved - Tonya/Chicago and Mallory/Paris

On January 18, 2015 at 2:27 PM, jmonkey said:

I'm going to do my favorite/most hated roommates by season since it's too difficult to determine who I hate most between some of these insufferable people. I've seen at least 1 episode of all the seasons, but I missed almost all of Paris, Philly, and Austin. So a few of these picks are based on a cast member's work on The Challenge.

My favorite cast members from each season are (with brief reasoning):

New York-Heather B.-Larry Johnson, falling down while walking Gouda, and her beeper

Los Angeles-Dominic-big, spiky hair and hilarious throughout the season 

San Francisco-Pedro-the best in a great cast who selflessly used his final days to bring AIDS awareness to the world

London-Neil-the tongue incident, the pig's heart, and the fact that he referred to himself as an "intellectual wanker"

Miami-Joe-successful, his tall girlfriend, and that scene where he was trying to get the dog's erection down was one of the best. 

Boston-Genesis-this lipstick lesbian was the best in a great cast with her Genesisms, flamboyant friend, Adam, and deep backstory

Seattle-David-intense fellow, especially when it came to his love for Kira

Hawaii-Colin-I was living in Hawaii at the time and could relate the most to him and loved his sarcasm

New Orleans-Jamie-odd pick for such a great cast, but he just seemed like a cool guy to me

Back to New York-Lori-I had a major crush on her immediately

Chicago-Keri-Same as Lori

Las Vegas-Frank-the only one on this season that I didn't want to kill

Paris-CT-this is strictly for his work on the Challenges, particularly for making Bananas his backpack

San Diego-Brad-"I'm in jail, bitch" in addition to his Challenge work; best of a great cast

Philadelphia-Landon-another Challenge vote

Austin-Wes-love him on the Challenges 

Key West-Paula-love her on The Challenges and thought she grew a lot during her season

Denver-Jenn-hated this cast but at least Jenn was hot 

Sydney-Isaac-loved his made up lies and he seemed above all the pettiness that surrounded him that season 

Hollywood-Greg-hated him initially, but he grew on me with his "associates" and "peasants" talk

Brooklyn-Ryan-well-rounded military veteran/guitar player/film student who seemed to want to learn from everyone, which is what this experiment was designed to be about 

Cancun-CJ-found this cast to be insufferable so this wannabe NFL punter wins by default 

D.C.-Mike-nice bisexual who was passionate about issues effecting his community 

New Orleans 2-Sahar-I had a major crush on her. Bizarre I know. 

Las Vegas 2-Leroy-coolest black RWer ever, edging out Jacquese 

San Diego-Priscilla-really sweet; I had a major crush on her and her mom and liked how she played designated driver for the rest of the cast 

St. Thomas-Robb-a great guy who deserved better treatment than he got from Marie

Portland-Marlon-this bisexual was the only cast member I could stand from this season

Ex-plosion-Brian-this "deep dude" cracked me up, edging out Arielle as the coolest roommate

Skeletons (so far)-Sylvia-I have a crush on her and she seems like a decent person to me in comparison to the rest of the cast 

My most hated cast members from each season are (with brief reasoning):

New York-Andre-Reigndance

Los Angeles-Glen-Perch

San Francisco-Jo-one of the lamest; I thought her relationship with Steve was weird

London-Jacinda-annoyed by her accent and relationship with Paul

Miami-Flora-annoyed by her attitude and her relationship with Louis and Mitchell

Boston-Montana-she cheated on Vaj and gave alcohol to a minor

Seattle-Stephen-bitch slap heard across the world

Hawaii-Ruthie-almost died in the first episode due to alcohol poisoning and immediately became a problem for her roommates

New Orleans-Julie-she was actually okay on her season, but I loathed her later in the Challenges

Back to New York-Nicole-totally forgot about this season, but remember not liking her

Chicago-Aneesa-her walking around naked wasn't good for anyone

Las Vegas-Trishelle-Trashelle was so annoying and I didn't find her hot at all

Paris-Adam-for making CT have to punch him out in The Challenge

San Diego-Robin-a real basketcase; crying from jail and then crying excessively on The Challenges

Philadelphia-Sarah-all I remember about her is that she was rude to her mom who was suffering from cancer

Austin-Rachel-disagreed with her politics and liked the rest of the cast

Key West-Johnny-insufferable (more so on The Challenges)

Denver-Brooke-would throw temper tantrums over the stupidest stuff

Sydney-Trisha-I was team Parisa all the way; she was the epitome of a mean girl

Hollywood-Kimberly-so ditzy and kind of reminds me of Madison without the heroin addiction

Brooklyn-Katelynn-meh, just process of elimination since I like the rest of the cast

Cancun-Joey-disgusting human being

D.C.-Josh-what a poser

New Orleans 2-Ryan L.-this guy has a myriad of mental health issues

Las Vegas 2-Adam-psychopath who just might be my most hated cast member; hated that Nany fell for this tool

San Diego 2-Frank-another vile human being who can even trump a Neanderthal like Zach or an airhead like Ashley

St. Thomas-Swift-talks a great game, but he's really a loser

Portland-Nia-Hurricane, my ass; she's not as bad as she thinks she is

Ex-plosion-Jamie-aggressively jealous and possessive not to mention totally lame

Skeletons (so far)-Violetta-batshit crazy

Backpack Bananas will never get old.

• Love 1

I don't know who was worse . . . Mike or Pete. Yes, Mike left of his own accord, but he was a gruesome motherfucker. I feel that they totally deserve each other, being temperamental meatheads who will probably never be asked back by BMP.

20 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I don't know who was worse . . . Mike or Pete. Yes, Mike left of his own accord, but he was a gruesome motherfucker. I feel that they totally deserve each other, being temperamental meatheads who will probably never be asked back by BMP.

The bolded is why I think they'll absolutely be invited to the Challenge.

I think there's a metric about how unstable you have to be in order not to get a Challenge invite. For instance, I've often speculated about Abram killing and burying drifters, and he's gotten kicked off two shows for fighting, but he would get brought back. I think because he looked good, something Mike and Pete can't claim. Also, I think he might be a bit submissive, which would explain his relationship with would-be dominatrix Cara Maria. And Coral. I don't think she had the "official equipment," but I know she'd have the upper hand in that relationship.

On-topic: is there anybody from Bad Blood that you could relate with? At all? Off the top of my head, there's Robbie and Tyara, but neither of them could outshine GBOGH's best: Ceejai, Dean and Sabrina. Yeah, Ceejai would be bounced out, but that was for mauling Jenna. Who wouldn't want to do that?

My most-hated is probably Coral, and I am always surprised that so many people love her. She has some funny talking heads, I'll give her that. Otherwise, she's really nothing but a bully who can't back up her words with actions ( See: when Julie called her ass out and challenged her to a wrestling match). "I don't wrestle! I beat bitches up!" Suuuure ya do, Coral. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:37 AM, Zima said:

My most-hated is probably Coral, and I am always surprised that so many people love her. She has some funny talking heads, I'll give her that. Otherwise, she's really nothing but a bully who can't back up her words with actions ( See: when Julie called her ass out and challenged her to a wrestling match). "I don't wrestle! I beat bitches up!" Suuuure ya do, Coral. 

There seems to be two sides to her. If you live with her or your her competition she's a total bitch to you. Others such as Sarah from RR Campus Crawl said Coral was the nicest person to her.

On 10/16/2017 at 0:57 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

There seems to be two sides to her. If you live with her or your her competition she's a total bitch to you. Others such as Sarah from RR Campus Crawl said Coral was the nicest person to her.

See also Coral riding with Leah in the ambulance during Inferno. Yes, Coral was basically in the "bitch" slot for a lot of RW10. But then she loosened up, indulged Mike's wrestling fantasies, and helped out Nicole and Lori. With The Challenge, her targets for derision deserved it more often than not. I mean, I get that she and Julie wouldn't have to be an "either/or" thing, but Julie was just the worst.

• Love 1

I didn't think Coral was so bad, really. I just liked Boston Kameelah better for that general RW "type" (smart, outspoken, argumentative woman of color). And Kameelah came to a couple of reunions, did one Challenge, and then got her ass busy becoming a doctor, whereas Coral wore out her welcome by squeezing the MTV-personality shtick to the last drop, IMO.  

That led me to looking at Kameelah's patient reviews for her OB/GYN office. She gets mostly raves. "Warm," "personable," "made me feel comfortable," etc.  

It's hard for me to name least favorite people, because some of the boring seasons have faded on me.  There were some people I strongly disliked but found entertaining or fun to rip on, like Tonya in Chicago, with all of her foster child/kidney stones drama; Stephen in Seattle; Nicole in Back To New York, or about half of the Hawaii cast.  So they're in another category from someone who was just a waste of space, like Glen in Los Angeles, or...well, anyone in Las Vegas (2002).  

• Love 1
(edited)

Awwwwww, Brynn wasn't too bad. And Arissa was okay after her Challenge and the Reunion season.

I get the Coral hate. It was halfway through RW10 where she started showing a bit of heart. She's a doubled-edged sword . . . she can be an unreprendant bitch, but she cares for some people deeply. Remember when Nicole wanted to bag Bobby, and Coral guided her through, even though Nicole threw up a few times? Coral and Mike might've been annoying at times, but they had for good TV . . . . hence their Challenge "careers." The other five housemates have two seasons between them (Lori in BOTS1, Rachel in Gauntlet).

ETA: Dang, I said the same damn thing about Coral two posts ago. Granted, that was from over six months ago, but I hate being a broken record.

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)

I will always live for that scene at the house meeting where Coral told Miz about himself when he came for her about being rude to friends of his that visited the house and she fired back about him calling one of them stupid and a panty dropping freak before they got there.  The library was all the way open that day.

Edited by Decider
  • Love 2
(edited)

Going by memory here.

Favourites:

New York (S1): Between Heather B. and Norman. Heather was real. As Norm said, she was the general, and you have to b a general if you're hanging out with her. She made for great tv. I adored Norman's personality - he seems like someone I would love to hang out with.

Los Angeles (S2): Dominic . I found him hilarious throughout the season. To me he was the most likable one out of the cast.

San Francisco (S3): Between Pedro At a time wen AIDS was like a death sentence when talked about, Pedro humanized it, and spent the short time he had left educating people about AIDS and Safe Sex which was very selfless of him. Some people (such as Puck) would say that he should have been living the last part of his life to the hilt, but educating as many people as he could was more important to Pedro.

London (S4): I always had a hard time sitting through that season unfortunately. But I'm catching up on it through one of the YouTube like streaming website, so I'll have to get back to y'all on that.

Miami (S5): Sarah. She was a lot of fun. Immature at times, but Sarah was always herself and enjoyable to watch.

Boston (S6): Genesis. I empathized with her as she was hard on herself and at times insecure. And her past with her family.

Seattle (S7): Lindsey. I liked her fun and spunky personality. Being a shy and quiet person at the time, I wished I was more like her.

Hawaii (S8): My cable went out at the time that season aired. I've only seen bits and pieces of that season. Strangely enough though, I can pinpoint who is my last favourite. Haha.

New Orleans (S9): Melissa. She was hilarious and there was never a dull with her. I appreciate her being open with her insecurities. Her moment in the confessional where she said, "So here's what the sex life is for Melissa: I have a Mormon on my left, and a naked gay man on my right. What am I supposed to do with that?" will be the best moment of that season for me.

Back to New York (S10): Coral - to me she made that season interesting (Mike did too). Even though she came off as a bitch, she definitely was caring. You could see that with the way she took care of Nicole, her bond with Lori. And the way she stood up for her male roommate when Jisela insulted them.

Chicago (S11): Theo. I'll admit, I did not like him at first, but it was wonderful to see him grow as a person as the season went on.

Las Vegas (S12): That's a tough one. Out of all of the season that I saw, this had to be my least favourite, because it was like a soft porn - and probably where the trend of drinking and hooking up with roommate was birthed.

Least Favourites:

New York (S1): Kevin. That man was angry and just had bad and aggressive vibes. But he did change since his season, and good on him. I've read a few of his books, and one of them he acknowledges his behaviour, and mentioned several times how hard it was to see himself behaving as such, and how he's changed and grew from him. His books are great.

Los Angeles (S2): David and Glenn. David was a hot head. Yet his aggression made the season interesting. The season became a tad boring after he and Irene left. Glen because he seemed snooty, had an "I'm better than everyone attitude."

San Francisco (S3): Puck. Watching him and his dirt, his snot and his snot rockets made me nauseous. And I wasn't even there. For me, he was immature, self centered and obnoxious - and yet, he made the season interesting. He and Pedro are the most memorable cast mates from that season in my opinion.

London (S4): See what I wrote above.

Miami (S5): Ooh, that's tough. Probably Flora.

Boston (S6): Probably Montana. She came off as bitchy, and not the fun or funny type of bitch like Coral was. She was just bitchy.

Seattle (S7): Stephen. Yes, "the slap heard from around the world" has something to do with it. But he just had bad and angry energy. I know that he was just a teenager when he came on, but it was not fun to watch. It seemed he brought the same energy on Battle of the Seasons. I do wonder if his aggression had something to do with him being homosexual and him feeling the need to hide it. There was a guy from my old neighbourhood that was gay (but he was, and still is) secretive about it. He always seemed irritable and unhappy. But after seeing the photos of his wedding, he looked very happy - something that hasn't been seen my many. And I did say that he is still secretive about his sexuality - he is. His partner uploaded pictures through Instagram, and the news came out via word of mouth. The guy that I had mentioned doesn't know that quite a few people know about his marriage.

Hawaii (S8): Amaya. Way too dramatic. I'm dramatic at times, but not that dramatic.

New Orleans (S9): That's tough. Maybe David.

Back to New York (S10): Kevin. He was a tad too boring.

Chicago (S11): Tonya. Too dramatic. And I really disliked how Theo was always "Black guy" rather than Theo. I remember that moment where she said, "I didn't leave Walla Walla just to come here and get yelled at by some black guy..." I think that Theo' being an African-American was an issue for her. To her credit, she was upfront and said that she had bad experiences with interracial living and that African-American men intimidated her. So she was honest. But she did seem to grow a bit after her season even though she became a mess. Hopefully she's in a better place now.

Las Vegas (S12): Trishelle. Need I say more?

I technically stopped watching after Las Vegas. I saw a very little of Paris, some of San Diego, some of Philadelphia and Austin, but I didn't watch those entire seasons through. The remaining seasons, I did not watch at all. I went from seven strangers living together, going after their ambitions and passions (seasons one and two, and in a way, season three and four), and of course "finding out what happens when people 'stop being polite and start getting real'" to finding the nearest bar, getting drunk, getting into physical altercations and hooking up with the roommate in the nearest room. I guess that is what "getting real" is these days.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 2

Most HATED cast members from the seasons I watched completely. 

NYC: Kevin: He needs a gallon of dip for that chip on his shoulder.

San Francisco: Puck: No explanation needed.

Hawaii: Kaia: The girl seemed full of herself and wasn't that great.

New Orleans: David: Music is not for you, woo woo.

BTNY: Mike/Kevin: Two of the weakest men, stand up for yourselves geeze.

Chicago: Aneesa: Put some clothes on and get some class.

LV: Arissa/Irulan/Trishelle: Trio of stupid.

Paris: CT: Dumb as a rock.

San Diego: Robin: I'm surprised she only got arrested once.

Austin: Wes: How many STDs did you get from that groupie drawer?

Key West: Paula: Ugh!

Most LOVED cast members from the seasons I watched completely. 

NYC: Julie: The only cast member in the entire series that didn't want to gain anything from it except life experience. 

San Francisco: Pedro: Need I say more?

Hawaii: Amaya: She seemed genuine and was treated unfair a lot.

New Orleans: Danny: He was the only cast member that wasn't a compete mess.

BTNY: Rachel: Her story of being independent was fun to watch.

Chicago: Tonya: Sure she had a lot of drama but look where she came from. She did the best for herself with what she had.

LV: Brynn: She wan't completely annoying.  

Paris: Mallory: She seemed nice and didn't create a lot of drama...even though that's why we watch.

San Diego: Frankie: Legit. RIP.

Austin: Lacey/Rachel: The only two who I didn't wan to punch through my TV.

Key West: Janelle: Me and her would be friends in real life.

• Love 1
On 10/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

After watching a lot of interviews with her and about her, I think she had a strong personality that translated into a bitch for TV. My opinion has definitely changed about her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Basically, Coral is a bitch, but she’s a great friend. Examples: trying to coach a drunken Nicole on a date, comforting Sarah after she won her fourth Gauntlet by beating her best friend Rachel (the overgrown pixie), and riding in the ambulance with Leah after her panic attack.

ETA: I know I don’t post here often . . . but do I come off as a broken record? I am not being paid by Coral, just so you know. 😜

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

I watched the Hawaii season when it was airing, and I thought I had never seen such a nasty bunch in a Real World cast. If I had been posting in this thread in 1999, I might have said, "All of them." Everyone was conniving, insincere, stupid, shallow, mean, or destructive, or two or three of those traits at once. All of them had something that made me want to get away. I really missed the genuine-seeming relationships like Heather/Julie, and Pam/Pedro/Judd, or even Mike and Neil on London having that beer at the end of their season and talking about how they thought they were going to hate each other and ended up liking each other. Or Danny/Kelley and Melissa/Jamie in the season after this one.   

But I had to admit, Hawaii did entertain me. It was much better than some of the later seasons that used it as a template.  

Anyway, I've been impressed with how accomplished and successful that cast has gone to be. There was more to them than the heavily edited, in some cases drug/alcohol-addled versions of their young-adult selves. Except for Teck, that group also quickly got over their dreams of working in entertainment. I remember reading about Matt getting recognition for his teaching.  He's apparently quite an inspirational classroom figure (of the "Let's have a dialogue about [issue]" type), which I can kind of see. It's like he managed to make a positive out of some negative qualities he had in his RW season.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
On 12/5/2018 at 11:54 AM, Lantern7 said:

Basically, Coral is a bitch, but she’s a great friend. Examples: trying to coach a drunken Nicole on a date, comforting Sarah after she won her fourth Gauntlet by beating her best friend Rachel (the overgrown pixie), and riding in the ambulance with Leah after her panic attack.

ETA: I know I don’t post here often . . . but do I come off as a broken record? I am not being paid by Coral, just so you know. 😜

I agree. Coral is a great friend until you cross her.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I agree. Coral is a great friend until you cross her.

I think the reverse is true; she's a bitch until you befriend her. That's why it hurt her when Evan turned on her in Gauntlet III.

I'm glad we've seen bare minimum from Bad Blood in The Challenge. Just a clusterfuck of a season, and castmates ranging from "meh" to "how has this person not been murdered yet?"

2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I think the reverse is true; she's a bitch until you befriend her. That's why it hurt her when Evan turned on her in Gauntlet III.

I'm glad we've seen bare minimum from Bad Blood in The Challenge. Just a clusterfuck of a season, and castmates ranging from "meh" to "how has this person not been murdered yet?"

Interesting perspective. I just looked her up and she's 40! Where did the time go? I was 20 when her season of RR aired!

On 12/5/2018 at 11:54 AM, Lantern7 said:

Late to the game here but my opinion of Coral has drastically changed since her appearance on RW. Watching her season on RW and then on the challenges I thought she was such a bitch. Going back and watching now I see she was a good person and compassionate. She was very educated and outspoken and I thought it came off as abrasive. Coral if you're reading this, sorry...I was dead wrong.