Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E05: Dirty Laundry

• Start Topic

Thanks for the heads-up, OnceSane. Maybe MTV is looking to move the show, so that The Challenge could move to Wednesdays at 10. Or maybe MTV is banking on everything on network TV being reruns, what with the national championship being played that night.

They're only using it on Monday as a lead-in to the premiere of that new Victoria Justice show. They're showing the same episode in its regular slot on Tuesday. Basically, everyone would have been none the wiser if they'd missed it on Monday. I don't understand MTV sometimes.

Edited by Bob Sambob
  • Love 3

We're really never going to hear from Jason and/or Nicole again after this season. They get into a fight, they nearly come to blows . . . then they discuss what went wrong and hug it out. Both didn't come off well in the argument, and Nicole wasn't right in yelling about Jason's babydaddy status, but they wound up making peace. BMP hates that. When Sylvia (or was it Violetta?) was on the phone with the producer, re: Alicia potentially getting killed, I assume the person on the other side of the line was so aroused.

Bye, Alicia! I bet if Sylvia does a Challenge, BMP would call Alicia if they have a "Rivals" format. Lucky thing for BMP that they have at least six more "skeletons" to unload on the kids . . . and they're too stupid and/or weak to walk off in protest. For Alicia . . . at least she didn't get the total Madison experience.

Big "meh" overall from the episode . . . maybe we'll get some fun watching Tony squirm next week.

ETA: Lucky for me that MTV aired the episode tonight . . . I can watch the season premiere of Kroll Show "live" tomorrow at 10:30. Did you know CT will be popping up there? Also, "Gigolo Horse" seems like more fun than the current RW.

Immediately before Nicole and Jason got in that fight, I was just thinking about how much I was starting to like him.  There's been moments when he's annoyed me, and the Wolf Pack thing makes me cringe, but I did really like his conversation with Sylvia about her reaction to Alicia.  I'm glad they worked it out quickly, because I was about to have a Tyra Banks  "we were all rooting for you" moment.  I actually kind of want him and Sylvia to hook up, which is a very weird feeling for this show.  I can't remember the last time I actually was rooting for a couple.

I don't see Jason getting on a challenge, but I do think Nicole might at least get one season to test it out, if she wants to go.  They'll want to at least see how many girls she'll make out with.

Madison is painfully dumb to the point that she's hard to watch.

I don't really get what Alicia was hoping to accomplish by going on the show, espescially since the rumor whe was originally the one cast means that she knew they were enemies.  None of the girls (except Nicole who wasn't involved) came out looking great during these two episodes, but she is going to be unmemorable and look bad.  I just don't understand any part of her decision-making process, even more than the usual people that go on this show.

• Love 2

I thought it was very telling that Alicia did say that the experience wasn't what she thought it would be. Which could mean a lot of things. But I chose to believe it meant she thought she'd come in and dominate Sylvia, that everyone would take her side and that she'd expose Sylvia as a horrible person. That...didn't work out. So she left.

I am very relieved that Sylvia's skeleton isn't the guy who abused her. Yes, I totally thought they would sink that low. Happy to be wrong. 

• Love 4

I also think Alicia thought she'd come in and run shop in regards to Sylvia and the house. She's so used to Sylvia taking her shit so Sylvia doesn't get fired; I guess Alicia thought she was just so awesome everyone would love and believe her over Sylvia. When the whole house didn't kiss her ass, show bounced.

So two of Tony's women join the house next week while he and Madison sit there freshly banged. Yippee. I doubt his skeletons will be scared away as easily as Alicia, and Madison will lose her damn mind.

I'm glad Jason and Nicole apologized to each other for being assholes and hugged it out. I was not expecting them to make up so quickly. Now I hope his baby mama is his (one of his) skeletons, something tells me Nicole will make an effort to make her feel welcome.

The whole Alicia thing was just bizarre.... I liked how they brought in the ex's all at one time last season... Why they thought Alicia would hang around for the long haul I have no idea.. that was just all around bad thinking on the producer's parts. 

Unless their purpose was just to get everyone riled up for a couple of days. 

I'm happy that Alicia character is gone. Not only was she an admitted liar her head was shaped like a malformed potato.

It upset me.

Yeah she was all badass on the tape wanting to get her 15 minutes, throwing all kinds of shade at Sylvia.  But when it came time to be tough, she folded like a lawn chair. I was 100% on the side of Violetta. Alicia sent in a tape to MTV, got picked to stir up shit, and she should leave with the quickness.  Stirring up shit is the ROOMMATES' job after all!!

The whole Alicia thing was just bizarre.... I liked how they brought in the ex's all at one time last season... Why they thought Alicia would hang around for the long haul I have no idea.. that was just all around bad thinking on the producer's parts. 

Unless their purpose was just to get everyone riled up for a couple of days.

Yeah their goal seems to be to manufacture drama for as long as they could. It's like they wanted to mash up the RW with Jerry Springer, Cheaters and other low-rent confrontation shows.

Future casts have to know the producers are now going to look to ambush them, rile them up. The whole " when 7 strangers get real" thing is long gone now.

• Love 1

Honestly I did laugh at the previews for next week when it shows Tony has BOTH girls coming and Madison is bawling.

And I thought it was real shitty of the two girls guilt tripping Madison because she was being friendly with Alicia.  But then I remembered that I'm probably at least 10 years older than these kids and I'm no longer in high school.

• Love 1

With Madison, I feel like I'm rooting for a child in Little League or something. I just keep thinking "come on, you can do it!" and hoping she can stand up for herself and not be so wishy-washy. But then she just screws the pooch and I'm left thinking "aw, shoot, well maybe next time". Madison's antics outside the club and on the phone were not good looks either.

The Jason and Nicole fight was dumb as hell, but at least they quickly resolved it. That seems like a rarity on reality tv. Having said that, Jason needs to check himself. He's usually fine, but when he starts going in on someone, he really flies off the handle. I guess you could say the same for Nicole as well.

Still don't like Violetta. I mean, Sylvia has her temper too, but it's not quite as grating plus I like the other sides of her personality. With Violetta, she just has no chill at all. And believe me, Alicia was no prize herself; I can understand why people may take Violetta's side in general. But my issue with Violetta is that she takes a chainsaw to a stick of butter when just a simple butter knife would suffice. If Alicia had played her cards right, she would've came out of this looking a lot better. But she just couldn't help herself and had to be shady.

Tony...just typical bro behavior I guess. Wants to have his cake and eat it too like Sylvia said. Bruno's cut from a similar cloth, but he was kept to a minimum this week.

• Love 4

I have to say, the timing of Tony's fuck up is so inspired. Both of Tony's girls come into the house THE DAY AFTER he has sex with Madison. I could almost believe the producers had the girls at a hotel up the street waiting for the inevitable.

I haven't watched this show in years but I couldn't have come back at a better(more hilarious) time.

• Love 2

"Skeletons" could be an interesting premise, but this experiment has been an epic fail so far. I sure hope the other "skeletons" aren't as lame as Alicia. I don't understand why Sylvia continues to work at the bar with Alicia as her supervisor. I guess she can't get a job anywhere else. It was rather pointless to have Alicia as a skeleton because Sylvia could easily ignore her at the house. In fact, it was much easier for Sylvia to deal with Alicia at the house than it would be at work where she has to take orders from Alicia. The house is much bigger than the bar, so Alicia could be easily avoided. I'm not sure what the producer's objective is with "skeletons." Obviously they want to manufacture fights, but did they also hope that there would be some healing as well? There was definitely no relationship mending here and hopefully the other "skeletons" will bring something more than just petty drama.

Alicia seemed to be stuck in the mindset that Sylvia should bow down to her because she's her boss back home. She walked into the house with an air of superiority and good on the house for putting her in check. She then proceeded to make up lies about Sylvia that were easily verified and had the gall to be upset when Sylvia confronted her about them. Sylvia had every right to be upset about the lies Alicia spread. I like Sylvia. She strikes me as reasonable and mature. If Alicia would have approached this situation with more humility and would've been open to improving their relationship, they could have made amends. Now I don't know how Sylvia can go back to working under Alicia. If things were bad before, Alicia will make it even worse for Sylvia after she made herself look like an idiot on TV.

Jason and Nicole's argument was one of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen on this franchise that's chockful of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen. With that said, I give everyone a pass because very few cast members make it through this show unscathed without some kind of irrational breakdown. They were, at least, quick to make up and realize how stupid they were being. I just can't believe how irate they got in an argument that started over garbage. They both didn't hold back and went for the jugular. I'm not sure why Jason wanted to keep his upcoming fatherhood a secret to roommates outside of the wolfpack. I think he didn't want Sylvia to know because he wants to score with her and was concerned this news might hurt his chances.

Tony did the stupidest thing imaginable and slept with Madison. He said in a TH that he wants to find out where his relationship with Madison ends up. My guess is he'll either end up in a mental institution or a correctional facility. It was pretty funny when his "girl back home" was waiting at the door and Tony kept repeating "WAIT, WAIT, WAIT..." It looks like things are going to get good because I don't think Madison is capable of keeping the lid shut on their sexcapades. She'll probably introduce herself with a "I'm Madison. Tony and I just slept together." She'll befriend this other girl and casually give explicit details with a smile on her face. Tony is a snake oil salesman though and will somehow manage to negotiate a threesome.

While this episode was lame, it was tolerable because there wasn't much Bruno or Violetta. I don't need to see Bruno pining over Carla or Violetta going batshit crazy ever again.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 2

I was cracking up at Alicia's whole, "I made you who you are" spiel and the how-dare-she way everyone reacted to it. Sylvia is a bartender in Kansas with a Thug Life tattoo in her lip. Not that there's anything wrong with most of that, but she's not curing cancer or anything.

Can't wait to watch Madison's head explode next week. The way she was toying with his girlfriend on the phone and the way he was egging her on made me look forward to their come uppance. That was as shitty as them sleeping together. Although it seems like Tony loves pitting women against each other over him. He must be some big shit in their tiny town because I don't get the appeal. He'll probably love three of them fighting and crying over him.

• Love 3

I was cracking up at Alicia's whole, "I made you who you are" spiel and the how-dare-she way everyone reacted to it. Sylvia is a bartender in Kansas with a Thug Life tattoo in her lip. Not that there's anything wrong with most of that, but she's not curing cancer or anything.

Can't wait to watch Madison's head explode next week. The way she was toying with his girlfriend on the phone and the way he was egging her on made me look forward to their come uppance. That was as shitty as them sleeping together. Although it seems like Tony loves pitting women against each other over him. He must be some big shit in their tiny town because I don't get the appeal. He'll probably love three of them fighting and crying over him.

Truthfully? I get it. Tony's hot. And he's got just enough of an accent to put him over the top.  Tony's a drunken decision though.

Why his stupid girlfriend wouldn't just break up with him for these 3-4 months is beyond me. He screams "unfamiliar with monogamy" to me. Especially out of state. And he managed to last, what, 2 weeks without banging Madison?

It was pretty funny when his "girl back home" was waiting at the door and Tony kept repeating "WAIT, WAIT, WAIT..."

"Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait..." (x10) Hilarious! I don't know if it was edited this way or what but I was cracking up!

• Love 1

I couldn't help thinking through the whole Alicia ordeal, if she'd been in the house first, it would've been Sylvia they were threatening and terrorizing.  They don't have any loyalty to her as a person, they are only loyal to her, the girl who was in the house 2 weeks longer than that other girl.  I think the liar bit is awfully overstated, too.  Sylvia eventually admitted that she did sleep with the guy in the "slept with best friend's boyfriend" story, then tried to brush it off as still being a lie because she didn't know.  The made her what she is today, there's a reason she was promoted and Sylvia wasn't.  I get the impression from the whole thing that the real problem is Sylvia expected special treatment and to be viewed as an equal since her friend was the boss, and didn't like it when the boss acted like the boss, instead.

Violetta and Sylvia need to do some serious growing up.  Madison's programming is messed up as it is.  Tell her "don't stop being yourself," after repeatedly ostracizing and abusing her when she acts like herself, of course it's going to confuse her.   She's going to have Stockholm Syndrome by the time she's done, following them around waiting for them to tell her which emotion to use.

• Love 1

I couldn't help thinking through the whole Alicia ordeal, if she'd been in the house first, it would've been Sylvia they were threatening and terrorizing.  They don't have any loyalty to her as a person, they are only loyal to her, the girl who was in the house 2 weeks longer than that other girl.  I think the liar bit is awfully overstated, too.  Sylvia eventually admitted that she did sleep with the guy in the "slept with best friend's boyfriend" story, then tried to brush it off as still being a lie because she didn't know.  The made her what she is today, there's a reason she was promoted and Sylvia wasn't.  I get the impression from the whole thing that the real problem is Sylvia expected special treatment and to be viewed as an equal since her friend was the boss, and didn't like it when the boss acted like the boss, instead.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's not that they just LOVE Sylvia or anything - she was simply there first. How on earth do they know Sylvia well enough at this point to know which one of them is actually the liar/terrible person? Maybe they both are. I'm kind of on the side where no one in these scenarios is the "good" one. 

And what the hell was Violetta's issue? That was a lot of rage for someone she has never met and for supposedly taking up for someone she has known literally for a few weeks. 

• Love 1