Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

I dunno.  I think Dean as Death would really limit the character.  He can't really be saving people and hunting things if he's in charge of a whole host of Reapers and taking souls.  I expect that would be a full-time job.

Since Dean is human so he might not have the same kind of connection to Death that a supernatural being would have. If Dean thought he would have to be Death, I think he would fight that tooth and nail for as long as he could. That would be the aspect I would find really interesting.  Dean refusing to be Death  what that consequence would be.  I think would be hella interesting and lot more interesting than Dean going back to "Support Sammy' mode, which at this point is my greatest fear.

That's what I worry about with the boys back together back to s1 vibe.  That "regular!Dean" is reduced back to the sidekick to Sam.  I want Dean to continue to have his own stuff to do. 

ETA: I'm one of the few that didn't like s1 in general which is why I'm not keen on that reset.

Edited by catrox14

7kstar:

But basically I'm done with the blame game.    So I'm trying really hard to believe that the writers have figured out how to get the boys out of the plot holes they created and move forward in an interesting way.  Rehashing the past issues, is just tiresome and boring.

I think it's clear that Sam is going to try to take on some blame and he and Dean are going to have a "come to Jesus" moment (per Carver) and agree to knock that shit off.  They're going to move forward.

And who said "S1=Dean is a sidekick?"  Where was that written in any description. NO where does it say "Sam and his brother".  It's about two brothers.  In the S10 retrospective special that aired last October, Kripke says it clearly.  He said "Faith" was a turning point for where the show was going to go.  Specifically he said:

Kripke: Faith was a turning point in many ways.... it was about religion, it was about Fate, it was DEEPLY about Dean as a character. For all those reasons, the show could be a lot more than a weekly monster show.

Singer: We learned something from that episode. I think that sort of became a little bit of a template for what we could do.

Kripke: The episodes start to become more and more about the brothers. And I would say the more the episodes are about Sam and Dean, the better it is.

So yes, Jared is number one on the call sheet. They cast Sam first. He had the "Chosen One" plot.  But the turning point of the series was an episode about about Dean and their relationship.  And the relationship became the central theme.  Kripke's "Chosen One' saga was over at the end of S5.  And we are starting our sixth year after.  

When Jensen says it's going back to S1, I believe he means it's going back to "Saving People, Hunting Things, The Family Business".  The Apocalypse will motor on in the background but these guys are going to fight the good fight again. As a team.  I think their morals will be clearer.  And that's not just wishful thinking.  Carver said at the beginning of S10 that the year was about accepting who you are.  In a deleted scene we have Cas basically saying that he accepts his weird "angel full of humanity" status as a better place.  Crowley has accepted his mother hates him and that he'll never be accepted as part of Team Free Will. Sam accepts that he enjoys hunting, that he needs his brother and that he fundamentally believes in what they are doing. And Dean? Well Dean's position is a bit more complicated because his story didn't really get resolved until 5 mins to go.  I'd say that what Dean accepted was that they have to look at who they are and what they are doing with a clear perspective.  He may have chosen to not kill Sam and thus not "sacrifice himself", but I think he also is done with being morally suspect.  We don't know what direction they would have gone had the spell not been cast, but Dean seemed prepared to look for another solution.  To work with Sam on it.

See first response by Carver here:

And then we have all the interviews from Carver, Jared and Jensen.  To a person they are pretty clear that the boys are fighting on the same page.  Jensen used the phrase CNTL-ALT-DELETE.  I think he means that the problems that got them there are dumped and they are simply going to take things as they come.  I don't think that means that Dean is suddenly going to regress emotionally 10 years. He may be back to enjoying some of his more hedonistic tendencies but he's just not the same guy anymore.  And even though the Mark of Cain was apparently loosening his tongue in that confessional, those were still his thoughts.  To regress to S1 personalities or 'roles' for either Sam or Dean would almost be parody.  I get that it's a fear, but I think pragmatically, it's unlikely. 

Edited by SueB

The thing about this come to Jesus moment is that it rings false to me.  Dean acknowledging or accepting the morality or even question their choices...seems...kind of pointless considering they acknowledged long ago that they have made deals with 'unlikely' allies in the past both good and bad. It's not a new thing.  It's not something that neither haven't done before. I'm just not seeing how this is like a big deal that changes anything. 

The only way this becomes meaningful and have impact will be if they have to choose to not ally with "unlikely allies" and it causes one or the other or both of their deaths. 

I didn't like Sam at all in s4 and s5 but I acknowledge that he ultimately did redeem himself. And IMO that sacrifice doesn't get set aside just because the show carried on. 

I think it's clear that Sam is going to try to take on some blame and he and Dean are going to have a "come to Jesus" moment (per Carver) and agree to knock that shit off.  They're going to move forward.

And who said "S1=Dean is a sidekick?"  Where was that written in any description. NO where does it say "Sam and his brother".  It's about two brothers.  In the S10 retrospective special that aired last October, Kripke says it clearly.  He said "Faith" was a turning point for where the show was going to go.  Specifically he said:

Kripke: Faith was a turning point in many ways.... it was about religion, it was about Fate, it was DEEPLY about Dean as a character. For all those reasons, the show could be a lot more than a weekly monster show.

Singer: We learned something from that episode. I think that sort of became a little bit of a template for what we could do.

Kripke: The episodes start to become more and more about the brothers. And I would say the more the episodes are about Sam and Dean, the better it is.

So yes, Jared is number one on the call sheet. They cast Sam first. He had the "Chosen One" plot.  But the turning point of the series was an episode about about Dean and their relationship.  And the relationship became the central theme.  Kripke's "Chosen One' saga was over at the end of S5.  And we are starting our sixth year after.  

When Jensen says it's going back to S1, I believe he means it's going back to "Saving People, Hunting Things, The Family Business".  The Apocalypse will motor on in the background but these guys are going to fight the good fight again. As a team. 

I think Faith was a turning point of Dean being more than a side kick.  I didn't really see him not important in season 1.  In fact as the season grew on me, I liked Dean so much more than Sam.  Sam many ways may have had the Luke story line but the more interesting character for me was Dean.  I felt I could read Sam like an open book.  Where with Dean I had these questions as I realized what he showed to the world didn't match who he was.

IA that Sam looked so much better in S10.  I loved him again.  I felt his desperation to save his brother.  I just wished he would have been a little more open.  The lines he said to Charlie needs to be told to Dean in a short version.  IMO.

I agree that Season 1 reset is getting back to the business of saving people and the family business.  Looking at their actions.  This is what is making me interested and hopeful.  I'm still cautious because I've been burned once too many...but I am willing to give it a try.

I can't give this show up because the information I know about the actors makes me want to watch.  Jensen and Jared's chemistry is something else.  It will be missed when they move on to other projects.  But I'm so glad they love working with each other and don't have the competition between them.  I think Carver cares, but his disconnect may be he is a writer but not a speaker.

He isn't good with non verbal cues.  It creates a big what????  But I don't think any of the head writers haven't cared.  I think they've gotten caught up in group think.  Just as Faith was a turning point, hopefully some things in S10 is another.

I've been thinking about this "return to s1 vibe of the boys being side by and working together" and that s1 had a lighter dynamic between the brothers but I honestly never thought it was all that light other than Dean's snark. Nor do I think the brothers got along all that well. They hunted together but didn't know each other anymore.

We had one episode of prank wars IIRC  and other than that.....

--Jessica burns ont he ceiling.  Dad is missing. Sam goes with Dean when he isn't sure he wants to but wants vengeance on the YED.

--Sam thinks Dean is bossy and mean.

--Dean thinks Sam is a bit soft and emotional.

--Sam gets a bit of a different perspective on Dean in Dead in the Water about what he saw and experienced but then

--Sam mocks  Dean's intellect and inventiveness for literally no reason in Phantom Traveler.

--A shapeshifter murders people with Dean's face on. Said shapeshifter!Dean berates Sam for leaving the family and is jealous of Sam apparently and tries to kill him and Dean has to kill something with his own face.

--In Asylum whilst being messed up from the shrink, Sam proceeds to berate Dean as being weak and only ever doing what John says and then tries to kill him.

--In Scarecrow, Dean is almost sacrificed whilst in the middle of Sam and Dean fighting and separating. Sam meets Meg. Dean apologizes to Sam for the fight.

--Sam is captured by cannibal like people and Dean almost has eye put out with a poker trying to save him.

--Dean is forced to go back home to where he never wanted to be again because Sam is having visions which Dean is freaking out

and Missouri is cruel to Dean for no good reason and he has to see Mary burning AGAIN so she can apologize to Sam.

--Dean dies in Faith and believes he shouldn't be alive and it's all fucked up.

--Dean remembers leaving wee!Sammy on his own whilst he played video games resulting in wee!Sammy being attacked by a monster and John berating Dean with just a look.

--Dean is used for bait by John to catch vampires.

--Dean's worldview is turned upside down when he realizes Sam is more like John than Dean

--They finally find John only to have to be separated again.

--YED tries to kill Dean with John's meatsuit but they prevail

--Meg tries to kill them both all and they finally exorcise the demon from Meg but her meatsuit dies.

--Finally the Winchesters are reunited only to be severely injured in the attack on the Impala, and Dean more or less dies.

Good times.

If that is what we have in store from the s1 vibe....gods help us all.

• Love 2

S1 was banter rather than bicker, IMO. They approached things from different angles, but most of their disagreements were about how to do the job. They weren't petty little personal arguments. I don't think they are trying to reset the characters back to their S1 characteristics, but trying to recapture some of the banter and let go of the bicker. Or, that's my hope of what they're trying to do anyway.

• Love 2

IMO they both had pretty valid things to be hurt and angry with each other about. Like abandonment, betrayal, lying, making choices for each other. I guess to me those aren't petty disagreements.  I always thought the unity in s1 was always on thin ice until the end of the season. 

Oddly I always felt like s2 was when they were most allied even with Dean's secret and Sam's vision child thing. I still felt like they were together. I wouldn't mind a  s2 dynamic again.

I vote for a second half of season 6 vibe myself (with a few borrowed season 7 elements)...

• Sam and Dean fight dragons - Dean gets a dragon sword - sort of - and a bunch of gold which makes him very happy. And - Sam: You know it's comforting. Dean: What's that? Sam: I died for a year, came back, and you're still not funny. Dean: Shut up. I'm hilarious. Me: Hee.
  • Dark episode where Sam learns stuff he shouldn't but decides he would rather not know any more, because he's good where he is with Dean and doesn't want to risk that.
  • Creepy ass mannequins - not a win, but Sam lets Dean know that no matter what else, he's grateful that Dean brought him back, they can fight this together, and no matter what, he has Dean's back.
  • Sam and Dean "become" Jensen and something called a Jared Padeleki.. There is some good-natured ribbing, fun with alpacas, maxing credit cards, and rubber weapons, but Sam is happy to get home.
  • Kahn worms and Rufus dies - a downer there.
  • Alternative time line - I bet Sam was really happy to get out of that Mustang. How did he even fit in that thing?
  • Sam and Dean visit the old west - Sam teases Dean about watching Clint Eastwood movies. Dean chastises Sam and Bobby for not knowing "Star Trek IV" (As well he should. Heathens. Though Bobby gets some points back for watching Deep Space Nine.) Dean makes Sam wear a western get-up which Sam does to make Dean happy. They have some good natured ribbing throughout.
  • Sam and Dean have some fun with Cas. Dean gets to name a new species and make Sam have to say "Jefferson Starships." Some good snarking in this one, and then Dean gets to kill Eve... awesomely.
  • Castiel angsts, but he was a  bit angsty this season.
  • A rare quibble for this half of the season, but things blow over by...
  • The Big Finale. Sam's taken down. Dean stays as long as he can, but makes the right choice and leaves, optimistically leaving a note should he wake up*. Sam sacrifices his sanity, because he doesn't want to leave Dean to fight alone. They potentially go down fighting together facing crazy Cas.

* A nice compromise, in my opinion, from "save Sammy at all costs" mode.

I think I'd also include the brotherly vibe of the first two eps of season 7 too - I love that "stone one" speech... and maybe the fun of some of the fun eps, like "Plucky Pennywhistle's..." because it was great to see them both have a good laugh, and Dean deserves that giant slinky Sam stole for him. And a bit of Sam and stoned Dean from " How to Win Friends..." Oh, and also the working together vibe from "Time After Time..." because it was good to see them so in sync together again, even when separated by more than 50 years.

So yup, that would be my choice.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 3

IMO they both had pretty valid things to be hurt and angry with each other about. Like abandonment, betrayal, lying, making choices for each other. I guess to me those aren't petty disagreements.  I always thought the unity in s1 was always on thin ice until the end of the season. 

Oddly I always felt like s2 was when they were most allied even with Dean's secret and Sam's vision child thing. I still felt like they were together. I wouldn't mind a  s2 dynamic again.

I'd say there were a lot of reasons for them to be angry with each other in S1-S7 too, they just handled those disagreements better, IMO. In fact, until Carver took over I think they generally handled their disagreements as grown men rather than little boys--ironic, no? And, IMO, there was always an underlying affection even though they were angry with each other--even in S4 and S5, when they were at their most contentious. Since Carver took over, IMO, they seem like they don't even like each other and only stick together because TPTB are to scared to separate them for any length of time.

So, what I'm hoping they mean by this return to the brother dynamic of S1 is, I'd like them to seem like they want to work together rather than it feeling like they have no other choice. And, I'd like it to be more banter rather than bicker. I know they can do it, they did it in Fan Fiction

Granted, I'm sure they'll screw it up in some manner, but I if they could get this one thing right ... is too much to ask for this one little thing?

• Love 1

I would be fine with them finding a dynamic where they are supportive to each other. As to the underlying fondness for each other in s4, I can't say that I concur with that   They loved each other because they were brothers kind of love but mutual fondness and caring...eh....I dunno.  I thought after the initial epic reunion and bro-hug between Dean and Sam,  that fondness went out the window fairly quickly.

I thought there was much contempt for each other pretty much after Lazarus Rising.  The horrible things they said to each other. The lying. The physical beatings upon each other.  But IMO that all fit with S4, because at some point or another be they human, demon or angel everyone was downright shitty  to each other in some way.  Heh, I think that might be the one season where there was a consistent through line in tone in that everyone was a total dick at some point or other.

Supernatural s4: The Season of Dicks (not to be confused with Supernatural s7: The Season of Dick)

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I would be fine with them finding a dynamic where they are supportive to each other. As to the underlying fondness for each other in s4, I can't say that I concur with that   They loved each other because they were brothers kind of love but mutual fondness and caring...eh....I dunno.  I thought after the initial epic reunion and bro-hug between Dean and Sam,  that fondness went out the window fairly quickly.

I thought there was much contempt for each other pretty much after Lazarus Rising.  The horrible things they said to each other. The lying. The physical beatings upon each other.  But IMO that all fit with S4, because at some point or another be they human, demon or angel everyone was downright shitty  to each other in some way.  Heh, I think that might be the one season where there was a consistent through line in tone in that everyone was a total dick at some point or other.

For me it mostly went out the window after "Monster Movie," but otherwise I pretty much agree. It's why looking back on season 4 as a whole, I don't enjoy it as much as many of the other seasons. I seem to remember in the beginning episodes that there was still some residual hope and lightness with Sam all hopeful and positive that an angel had saved Dean, and Dean trying to be positive for Sam's sake even though he was pretty sure that the angels were dicks. But then came the discovery of what Sam was doing, and even though he agreed to stop, the cloud sort of hung there. Then was the ugliness brought out by "Yellow Fever," and by the time Sam found out the angels were definitely dicks the next episode in "It's the Great Pumpkin..." that sort of sent the entire tone down into Dickville... and that sort of makes sense, because if the angels had been decent, there would've at least been one positive side, but with angels being dicks, how did that make them any better and/or more trustworthy than say Ruby? So the contempt and mistrust grew as each chose their side, and pretty much every side was wrong and crappy.

Supernatural s4: The Season of Dicks (not to be confused with Supernatural s7: The Season of Dick)

Much better use of Dick, in my opinion. ; )

I think S8 was the season of "dicks", if you ask me. But again, YMMV.

For me I think of season 8 as the season of "assholes," because at least dicks sometimes have an excuse for their behavior (they can be somewhat preoccupied, after all with trying to measure up to each other and prove themselves and such). Assholes, on the other hand, have much less excuse, and to borrow from Zachariah, can just be "petty." And I found quite a bit of season 8 behavior to be just that - petty. All around, the second half wasn't quite as bad as the first half in that regard... but that first half was pretty full of shitty behavior - hence assholes for me.

I don't think it's actually speculation. It's canon that angels are dicks and humans are assholes. 

Now, how those things become conflated, is an entirely different conversation that probably involves Dean and Cas...or not...

ETA: Don't even look at me that way. It was low hanging fruit.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

So I've been doing my usual cast stalking on twitter and comparing their activity with what is being filmed.  Here's what I am speculating:

- Rowena is, thus far, only in EP#3.  Since that time she got a gig voicing "Sohpia" on an animated show and has been attending conventions.

- Mark Shepard is just coming back from Australia.  He's definitely not in EP 7. He's in 1 (I think), 2 (definitely). 4 and 7 definitely NOT. 3,5, & 6 unknown.

- Misha is in 1 (I think), 3 (definitely), and 6 (definitely).  4 and 5 definitely not. 2 & 7 seems iffy. He was "off" during GISHWHES, which times up with 2 and there's been no BTS of him in 7. 

Oh season 8 was definitely the boys in being dicks to each other and Kevin, but I was referring more to S4 on the whole.  I think every single character both major and minor was a dick at some point.

I just occurred to me that if the boys would have brought kevin to the bunker the moment they found it the events of season 9 and 10 might not have happened.  They wouldn't have gotten under metatron's radar anyway.

Egads. If that was showing underlying love and affection I'd hate to see hatred and contempt.

What I meant by that was, they were arguing and fighting because they were concerned and worried about each other. Dean's smashing lamps and little brother punching and calling Sam a monster were born out of fear and concern, not dislike of Sam. Sam wasn't saying Dean came back from Hell weaker because he disliked Dean, but because he was scared he'd lost his big brother and angry with himself that he hadn't been able to stop it. Underlying all that tension and anger was essentially caring. You could see they actually liked each other even though they didn't always agree with each other.

To me, returning to S1 dynamic isn't that they will always agree, but that you can see they actually find each other entertaining from time to time and all. They will never (or should never, anyway) approach things from the same angle--they are different people, after all--I'd just like to see them appreciate the other's vantage point again. That's all I'm hoping for, anyway.

Ohhhh some BTS photos

Looks like Donna! YAY

https://twitter.com/adelinecoppola/status/646136887325798400

Oh, I dearly hope so. I can't tell it it's her for sure or not, but my fingers are firmly crossed anyway. Which is just going to make work that much harder today...oh well, it will totally be worth it. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

So this is interesting. I was messing around on Tumblr as you do when bored.

Someone posted the below about the end of Brother's Keeper.

I never noticed anything when I watched the episode the couple of times I did because I was too busy rolling my eyes at the ending. 

I thought at first it was not legit, that someone was just having some fun giffing things, so I went back and watched the end of Brother's Keeper. Sure enough, there is a white winged creature flying straight into the drone camera.  It's a "blink and you miss it" moment. (see the last gif. That is legit from the episode)

My first thought was that it's just a bird that happened to be in the area during filming.  And either no one caught it or they didn't have a chance to remove it in post-production or didn't care about removing it.

But man, that's a big ass bird with some big ass wings. The white egrets in my neck of the woods do have HUGE wingspans but not like in this picture.

So fellow PTVers.  What say you? Accidental bird left in the scene or intentional special FX of an angel? If so, which angel? Lucifer? Michael?

Looking at this B/W still below that doesn't really look like a bird IMO.

My vote/hope is that it's Lucifer since it's white and in THE END, Samifer wears that all white suit.

tumblr_nv64461l4c1tjf4fwo3_400.jpg

tumblr_nv64461l4c1tjf4fwo2_400.gif

http://savingpeoplegiffingthings.tumblr.com/post/129764475479/hey-so-is-this-a-thing-have-people-been-talking</a>

Edited by catrox14

I'm guessing it's Amara.

With what we've been given it would make sense.  I still haven't watched Brother's Keeper again.  Not sure it won't make me so angry that I quit...so waiting for a bit more.  This next season could be a nice big surprise or a big fall on their face.  If I don't expect much...I might just enjoy it.  :)

I'm guessing it's Amara.

Interesting.

If the Darkness is really a white angel that's just really screwy unless the Darkness being unleashed creates like an alternate universe where the "dark are light" and the "light is dark" kind of thing. 

Bizarro!natural, if you will.

That would explain why IMO Dean just doesn't seem like Dean in those episode stills. He doesn't seem like demon!Dean or future!Dean or MoC!Dean or regular!Dean (if he even still exists which I don't think he does. I still think THAT Dean is dead :() 

It would explain why Dean is apparently going to use the grenade launcher, when he didn't even use it to blow up SucraCorp and Dick Roman with grenades of borax....but I digress.  Of course, I think it would be hilarious if the only reason we see Dean handle it is to move it so he can get to something else. And we never see it again.

Edited by catrox14

I've become cynical.

The white blob-that-is-a-possible-angel has only come out in the past month.

With all the hyper-alert and over-analytical fandom out there, why didn't this come out within a week after the last episode?

Anyone here able to do that kind of stills/giffy thing? I'd like to see it straight from a trusted horse's mouth, like someone I know. Because I'm beginning to think it's either a hoax or else a real subtle social media thingy to get folks all hyped up about the new season.

Like I said, cynical. Maybe it was there all along, and the show people needed to highlight it, since the fans hadn't found it?

Just weird.

The white blob-that-is-a-possible-angel has only come out in the past month.

With all the hyper-alert and over-analytical fandom out there, why didn't this come out within a week after the last episode?

I don't know if you trust me, but I have the episode saved on my tablet.

Once I read that post I went back and rewatched the episode last night because I didn't remember it and it seemed fishy to me.

Like I said in my comment, it's a blink and you miss it moment. It happens so fast that if you aren't really paying attention you don't even see it and if you do it just looks like a bird flying into the drone camera. It's legit in the episode that aired on May 20, 2015.

Seems like some eagle-eyed fan saw it and made a note of it.  It's not a fandom fake.

Now it's possible that TPTB THOUGHT we would notice but since IMO most of us were still WTFing over what just happened and trying to suss out how the fuck Dean could kill Death, that a tiny thing like that got overlooked.   Maybe the PR people posted that to get people talking about it since clearly most viewers didn't notice it. 

But it is really and truly in the episode that aired.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I pre-researched before posting here because I immediately thought it was fake.

Maybe all the quiet is to avoid spoiling something really big but the only thing they are really pimping is the Baby episode (which just makes me nervous for Baby LOL)

I dunno, I don't think the CW PR monkeys have any interest in promoting the 10 year old show over the Flash, Arrow, LoT or Jane the Virgin nor do I think they be that creative to post something like that. 

Little PR has comeout other than tidbits of the same thing recycled post Comic Con.  All the guys won the Teen Choice Awards and it took the CW like HOURS to even post a congratulatory tweet about their wins.

I think it's a fan found thing myself. Because we fans can be a wee bit obsessive. 

Edited by catrox14

Great find (Amity? -- person's name on blog) and catrox for bringing it over! I took another screenshot from my iTunes version (so, I concur, definitely there when it aired). I'd also say it's definitely CGI'd in as they had it fly right at the camera.

A7OSFpI.jpg

The wings are evident but the white blob underneath is awfully big for a bird. And kinda the wrong shape.  DEFINITELY interesting. 

• Love 1

If the Darkness is really a white angel that's just really screwy unless the Darkness being unleashed creates like an alternate universe where the "dark are light" and the "light is dark" kind of thing. 

Oh, I don't know if what's inside that cloud is "light" necessarily. Could be an angel of sorts that got locked away with the darkness. I vaguely remember seeing something fly out of the cloud when watching it back in May, but I didn't think much about it then. Wasn't there something released around the time of Comic Con saying that something very old escaped when the Darkness was released, too? That's why I was thinking it could be Amara.

Could that be Metatron? We don't know what happened to him after Cas stole his grace and he made off with the demon tablet. Maybe when the Darkness was unleashed it did something to him?  Just a WAG.

I was reading some theories on Tumblr that maybe it's Gabriel because it looks like 4 wings and Gabriel has 4 wings? I have no idea how many wings he had because I'm probably one of the few that is not a big fan of Gabriel so I just don't pay any attention to his stuff that much. I liked him much better as the Trickster and only the Trickster.

Posted this in SuperNormal, but posting it here too, cuz it's a spoiler:

RT @guynormanbee: I always run into to the coolest people in Vancouver! @dicksp8jr #RickWorthy @cw_spn @MagiciansSyfy http://campl.us/siS7

On the left is...

The Vampire Alpha!!!

So now we know at least one of the old enemies the boys will be working with!

If that is a casting spoiler, which it might not be only because Guy Bee knows ERRYONE in Vancouver,  then maybe that means the Darkness opened Purgatory and all the monsters the Winchesters have ever killed would be back, hence the "Can't escape your past" thing that Carver keeps talking about.

Benny!!

Gordon

Amy

ETA: Oh wait, I'm confused. They never killed the Alpha Vamp did they?

Meh, my hope still remains that Purgatory gets opened...

Edited by catrox14

It's probably just me, but these "spoilers" are pretty underwhelming.  They're not doing anything to get me excited for the upcoming season.  No one is -- including the cast.  It's concerning.  Almost as if they all know this is the last season, so they're not going to put forth the effort to promote.

Pure speculation on my part, of course, based on what I've seen other shows/PTB do when they near the end.

• Love 1

This has been my concern as well.  Like maybe they know this is the end but don't want to tell us yet.  Or maybe they are worried with the fallout of Charlie's death, a less then compelling (IMO) plotline in the Darkness etc that viewers will drop to less than acceptable for the CW numbers. Maybe that's one reason they are really pimping the Baby episode and why Jared ask at DallasCon in all earnestness to "promise to watch at least through Ep 4.'  Yes that was the joking about the car wash scene but there was an edge IMO to his pleading. Just my take.

]Maybe they are worried about being cancelled if the ratings don't hold. And watching through Episode 4 will give the network enough viewers to say to do early renewal? I dunno exactly how all that works.  Just a thought.

I'm on the Arrow forum a lot where there has been concern over the lack of spoilers and good promotional material (until recently) about Arrow even though it's been a big deal...well until the Flash and Jane the Virgin. Anyway, someone mentioned that last year they had major cutbacks in the promotions and marketing departments at the CW so maybe that's why we aren't getting as much as we would have in the past.

This has been my concern as well.  Like maybe they know this is the end but don't want to tell us yet.  Or maybe they are worried with the fallout of Charlie's death, a less then compelling (IMO) plotline in the Darkness etc that viewers will drop to less than acceptable for the CW numbers. Maybe that's one reason they are really pimping the Baby episode and why Jared ask at DallasCon in all earnestness to "promise to watch at least through Ep 4.'  Yes that was the joking about the car wash scene but there was an edge IMO to his pleading. Just my take.

Hmm.  Perhaps someone goes missing in the first 3 episodes?  Have we seen any photos from the 2nd or 3rd episodes?