Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

He didn't even have to pop down, he could have said he's working on a lead and will be unreachable for awhile and he'd be in touch when he could.

Yeah, I just don't get the writing for Cas there at all. 

18 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

- the whole 'where was Cas' story was one of those blatant 'I can see the joins' devices they've increasingly used in recent seasons as they've tried to widen out the cast of the show to give the Js more time off while still mainly sticking to Sam and Dean hunting just the 2 of them (as that is the formula that works for most fans). They keep Cas on (and Crowley, Mary, Lucifer etc) so that the Js don't have to work so many hours. But that means a) keeping their stories largely  separate from D&S which has IMO rarely worked and b) finding reasons for them to be absent for long stretches. We've seen it with Mary too this season. Their efforts to explain why she's barely spent any time with her own sons has only made her character incredibly unsympathetic. And in reality Cas wouldn't go totally incommunicado without telling Dean and Sam not to worry. 

I agree with you on the Mary issue. I've said for a while now that the character of Mary has been let down and ultimately sacrificed in the quest to stay true to the formula of the show i.e only Jared and Jensen can star in every episode. The best outsiders can hope for is the 11-13 episodes Mark and Misha have been appearing in recent seasons. 

In my opinion the most realistic outcome of Mary's resurrection is that she moves into the bunker and spends time catching up with the two sons whose lives she has missed. She may even have went on some hunts with them when they needed the back up kind of like Bobby and Ellen did in earlier seasons. However, if she lived with them and occasionally hunted with them that'd involve her appearing in more than the 11-13 episodes allowed for secondary characters. Therefore, they had to find a way to stop this outcome hence the Mary has no interest in them and wants to spend all her time with Ketch development. 

In regards to Cas as I mentioned in earlier I also agree his disappearance has been badly handled. I'm a major Castiel fan, but I also like to think I'm a realistic one. I know he's never going to appear in every episode and I'm cool with that. However, the writers really need to find a way of writing him off without sacrificing his character in the process. For instance the reason for his absence between 12x12 and 12x15 was that he'd left the brothers to hunt Kelly. I had no problems with that! It's a perfectly reasonable way of writing him out. The brothers are doing their thing and Cas is doing his. However, what bugged me was they then decided "oh wait let's bring Kelly back! Let's have her discovered by a pair of random Angels and a demon, while Castiel is way off in a different state". That isn't good storytelling, that's just making Castiel look like a bumbling incompetent due to real life factors. They also did something similar with the "where's Cas?" drama. All they had to change was that Cas made a quick phone call to Dean warning him he was going off the radar for a while. The writers still got what they wanted I.e Cas is written out. They could have even had Dean anxious about how he was getting on in heaven if they wanted the worried friend Dean aspect. However, there wouldn't be any of the needless Cas is sneaking off on them drama. 

http://tvline.com/2017/04/26/the-walking-dead-season-8-cast-new-characters-dillon-abbud/

Question: Got anything on Supernatural? —Sudha
Ausiello: If you’re thinking Mr. Ketch has developed feelings for Mary and might spare her life and the lives of her boys, think again. “With Mr. Ketch, there’s a really strong dividing line between personal and professional,” executive producer Andrew Dabb says. Although the Brit “does kind of respect and admire and like” Dean and Sam’s mom, “he’s been conditioned his entire life to follow orders. So for him to take a stand against following an order like that, it would be really a drastic change to his character. I’m not saying it might not happen, but he is not the one with a very obvious soft underbelly. When the chips are down, he’s going to revert to what he’s very comfortable with, and that’s doing as he’s told and killing a lot of people.”

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Diane said:

http://tvline.com/2017/04/26/the-walking-dead-season-8-cast-new-characters-dillon-abbud/

Question: Got anything on Supernatural? —Sudha
Ausiello: If you’re thinking Mr. Ketch has developed feelings for Mary and might spare her life and the lives of her boys, think again. “With Mr. Ketch, there’s a really strong dividing line between personal and professional,” executive producer Andrew Dabb says. Although the Brit “does kind of respect and admire and like” Dean and Sam’s mom, “he’s been conditioned his entire life to follow orders. So for him to take a stand against following an order like that, it would be really a drastic change to his character. I’m not saying it might not happen, but he is not the one with a very obvious soft underbelly. When the chips are down, he’s going to revert to what he’s very comfortable with, and that’s doing as he’s told and killing a lot of people.”

Ugh.  I'm starting to think Mary was resurrected for Ketch's characterization.  I don't like the sounds of this AT ALL

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

So if they aren't going with a redemption arc for Ketch what was the point of him taking Mary's picture?

I can only guess that it's for Dean to put together someone was in the bunker, or for Ketch  to realize she can't possibly be the age she is now and that maybe he doesn't know she actually ever died to begin with which seems so stupid but otherwise I got nuthin

Edited by catrox14
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I can only guess that it's for Dean to put together someone was in the bunker or for Ketch  to realize she can't possibly be the age she is now and that maybe he doesn't know she actually ever died to begin with which seems so stupid but otherwise I got nuthin

I think that answer sounds like a lot of rambling and Dabb is as lost as to what's going on this season as we are.  That things didn't pan out the way he meant them too and he's now just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. 

As for Ketch, I predict that he and Dean will be fighting and Dean will lose (because he can't seem to hold his own in a fight anymore), and Mary will shoot Ketch, and everything Mary has done will be swept under the rug because she "chose Dean"

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

As for Ketch, I predict that he and Dean will be fighting and Dean will lose (because he can't seem to hold his own in a fight anymore), and Mary will shoot Ketch, and everything Mary has done will be swept under the rug because she "chose Dean"

I can see this. It would bookend the season too with Mary saving Dean in the premiere. 

33 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

So if they aren't going with a redemption arc for Ketch what was the point of him taking Mary's picture?

To make him really creepy?

While I'm a lot more sympathetic to Mary than you are, I also worry that Mary killing Ketch will constitute the whole of her "redemption." That would just be too easy a way out for what is actually a quite complex problem of how Mary relates to her adult sons. 

I also agree that the shown really struggles to integrate non Sam and Dean regulars. This is particularly perplexing to me in Cas's case, because that should be easy: Cas is an angel, and in theory, should have a life and responsibilities in heaven that would plausibly make him a frequent visitor rather than a full-time member of the team. But the show instead worked really, really hard to cut all of Cas's ties to heaven, removing that as an option, until very recently.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

I also agree that the shown really struggles to integrate non Sam and Dean regulars. This is particularly perplexing to me in Cas's case, because that should be easy: Cas is an angel, and in theory, should have a life and responsibilities in heaven that would plausibly make him a frequent visitor rather than a full-time member of the team. But the show instead worked really, really hard to cut all of Cas's ties to heaven, removing that as an option, until very recently.

I don't mind Cas being not allied with Heaven because he's hated, his killed other angels and he betrayed Heaven twice. And because of that  I figured under Carver's guidance  Cas was eventually going to end up choosing to be human, which could still happen. Maybe Cas opens a home for Wayward Angels that are still on Earth and he hunts part time with the boys.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

All they had to change was that Cas made a quick phone call to Dean warning him he was going off the radar for a while. The writers still got what they wanted I.e Cas is written out

I don't get this either. Having Cas not tell Dean and Sam (because he's friends with them BOTH) he was going off the map for a while and not to worry makes Cas look bad at the altar of 'let's throw the D/C fans a bone'. They're trying to tick a box to placate a faction of the fandom who live on the tiny crumbs they're fed like 'oh Dean seemed a bit worried about Cas from his facial expression for a milli second', which would be fine except they're doing it at the expense of Cas's character because he just looks inconsiderate. It also pushes an unequal presentation of Cas's relationship with the boys. We can debate the 'profound bond' that some perceive from the original introduction of Cas all day. But whatever your view of how things started, Cas now cares deeply about BOTH brothers, and BOTH reciprocate. There is no credible 'in show' reason why Sam would be any less worried about an awol Cas than Dean. 

36 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I don't get this either. Having Cas not tell Dean and Sam (because he's friends with them BOTH) he was going off the map for a while and not to worry makes Cas look bad at the altar of 'let's throw the D/C fans a bone'. They're trying to tick a box to placate a faction of the fandom who live on the tiny crumbs they're fed like 'oh Dean seemed a bit worried about Cas from his facial expression for a milli second', which would be fine except they're doing it at the expense of Cas's character because he just looks inconsiderate. It also pushes an unequal presentation of Cas's relationship with the boys. We can debate the 'profound bond' that some perceive from the original introduction of Cas all day. But whatever your view of how things started, Cas now cares deeply about BOTH brothers, and BOTH reciprocate. There is no credible 'in show' reason why Sam would be any less worried about an awol Cas than Dean. 

I'm not arguing that Castiel doesn't care for both :) .

I only referred to Dean in particular because, as far as I can recall, all the on screen phone  calls involving Cas this season have been between Dean and Castiel. The fact that we also have Sam often asking "have you heard from Cas?" also suggests that this is the case off screen. 

Now that I think about it, this also seems to be the case with Mary. Maybe, of the two brothers, Dean is the one more comfortable with on phone conversations? While Sam prefers old fashioned face to face talks. 

But yes I agree that they're just making Castiel inconsiderate. I'm not sure I'd blame the Destiel angle though. If they wanted the Dean worried for Cas scenes (for whatever reason) they could have just had Dean be like to Sam "you think he's ok up there? It's been a while" or something like that. It's not unreasonable for the brothers to be worried about a trip up to heaven considering there are many angels who hate Cas due to his past actions. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I only referred to Dean in particular because, as far as I can recall, all the on screen phone  calls involving Cas this season have been between Dean and Castiel. The fact that we also have Sam often asking "have you heard from Cas?" also suggests that this is the case off screen. 

Now that I think about it, this also seems to be the case with Mary. Maybe, of the two brothers, Dean is the one more comfortable with on phone conversations? While Sam prefers old fashioned face to face talks. 

You are right that they have done this with Mary too i.e. that it has been Dean doing all the communicating for no discernible story reason. In my view this is part of a long standing pattern that the writers fall into where it is always Dean who has the bond with / is the focus of other chs both good and evil. Just for starters I could list: Jo, Benny, Crowley, Amarra, Death, Garth, Chrissy, Claire, Anna, Cain, Michael, Zachariah, Abbadon the paranoid guy in the caravan in s7 (someone remind me of his name), the Reaper lady (what's with my memory!). They even made it canon that Dean was Bobby's favourite! 

While Sam has the much shorter and far more dubious list of; YED, Luci and Ruby plus, only recently / briefly Eileen. Kevin, Charlie and Jody are evenish.

As I love them both equally I'd prefer a bit more balance but so long as the boys are a united front vs the bad guys and are portrayed consistently and sympathetically it doesn't bother me. Problem comes when it isn't justified by the story. Dean being the link with Mary is a prime example of this. 

When Cas originally decided to go to Heaven, weren't we all (including Cas) a little suspicious that things weren't on the up and up?  I get why he didn't tell Sam and Dean he was going, because he didn't know what he was walking into.  Not to mention the added drama of us all wondering what was happening with him.  Back when he was able to teleport, he would zap himself in and out whenever Dean called for him, but I guess even if he could hear Dean now, he doesn't have teleporting ability anymore.  If I were a betting woman, I'd say there's more to Cas' time in Heaven than we're going to find out about right away.

As for who's going to kill whom, I haven't a clue.  My guess is Ketch won't survive the season, but will he kill Mary first and then Sam or Dean will kill him?  Does Lucifer kill Mary...or Crowley?  I've given up hoping that Lucifer's going to bite it this season since this show rarely, if ever, gives me what I want.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

When Cas originally decided to go to Heaven, weren't we all (including Cas) a little suspicious that things weren't on the up and up?  I get why he didn't tell Sam and Dean he was going, because he didn't know what he was walking into.

To me that makes his decision to NOT tell Dean (who was the last person he spoke with before going with Kelvin) peculiar given his sketchy at best relationship with the angels. Wouldn't he want them to know 'in case of' him never returning? I dunno, other than Kelvin threatening Cas to not tell them, I don't get his rationale.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

To me that makes his decision to NOT tell Dean (who was the last person he spoke with before going with Kelvin) peculiar given his sketchy at best relationship with the angels. Wouldn't he want them to know 'in case of' him never returning? I dunno, other than Kelvin threatening Cas to not tell them, I don't get his rationale.

I totally get what you're saying, and a "normal" person would absolutely tell someone before going somewhere that might be trouble.  But this is Supernatural, and these characters don't ever do that, so it doesn't really bother me that Cas didn't.  I've come to expect it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

I totally get what you're saying, and a "normal" person would absolutely tell someone before going somewhere that might be trouble.  But this is Supernatural, and these characters don't ever do that, so it doesn't really bother me that Cas didn't.  I've come to expect it.

I guess I keep thinking someone will learn something won't they? LOL

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I guess I keep thinking someone will learn something won't they? LOL

I don't see it happening.  It's all about the drama, don't you know.  And I guess, in a way, it's worked.  I've been waiting for Cas' return to find out exactly what happened in Heaven.  If they hadn't left us wondering, I might not have thought about his absence as much.  So maybe it's annoying, but effective?

• Love 1

I think if he told Sam and Dean, they would yell at him and might convince him not to go.  And Cas wanted to take the risk.  So he went.  He SHOULD have sent a "I'll be unreachable for a bit, contact you when I can." note.  It would have worried them MORE, probably, but at least they would have known he was intending to be unavailable.

I remember when Ellen smacked Dean up alongside the head about not letting her know he was alive.  Now Cas is MUCH closer to the boys, but Ellen and Dean seem like two birds of a feather when it comes to how they feel about loved ones. 

• Love 1

Cas and Mary both have been coming and going...I think maybe Dean and Sam just turned off the warding or didn't bother to turn it back on again after Amara turned it all off. 

I give up. LOL

• Love 2

You know, I'm feeling gypped on not seeing the scene where the boys went to the local hardware store and got their "magical" key copied. ;)

Seriously, you don't need a key to get in, apparently they never lock the door anymore. 

• Love 2

So, Dabb is copping to the show repeating itself? ;)

Oh, and by the way, thanks Dabb, now I that Talking Heads song stuck in my head and will probably be humming it all day. I suppose it could be worse, though.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Hmm so what will

1 hour ago, goldy said:

This can be read two ways.

One is that the past is doomed to repeat itself,  with Cas killing the nephilim of Satan for what he believes are the right reasons, much as he did when he killed the nephilim in s8, and when he was  involved with inadvertently killing a human child. Cas was played by both Metatron and Ishim and the results were disastrous for the angels, with them being forced to fall in s8 and a vengeance spree at the hands of Lily.

Alternately, one can look to past mistakes to make a different choice for the future. IMO, Cas won't kill Lucifer's spawn because of the previous mistakes.

Sadly, I think whichever choice Cas makes will end up with  more negative unintended consequences for Cas, poor guy.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
(edited)

So first, it's a Lord Byron quote and IMO it is slightly different than "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it," (George Santanya, who is riffing on Burke's, “Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.” )

It actually closer to "Past is prologue" (Shakespeare).  Because of the word "prophet" it's about forecasting the future.   So if you look at past behavior, you can forecast the future behavior of people/organizations.  So tonight we have Kelly Kline, Cas, and Lucifer.  And the episode is called "The Future".  

We don't know enough about Kelly to predict her behavior. We do know about Cas and Lucifer.  What we've seen over and over again (especially this season) is that Cas will do anything to save the Winchesters.  Secondly, we've seen that Lucifer will find a way out.  Further, while he's been wallowing in nihilism for a while, I suspect Lucifer is over his pouting phase and back for a power grab (likely via the kid).  I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to possess the infant, somehow.  It's his own child, it should hold him well.  

So: Luci gets out (or gets a concrete plan to get out) and Cas takes a personal risk to protect the Winchesters.  That's my guess. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 4

This kind of terrifies me TBH. I mean what some people consider EPIC I may not. LOL

I also wonder if it's gonna be CGI laden which I'm back and forth with this season on the quality and IMO overuse of CGI. 

Just now, Diane said:
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, SueB said:

We don't know enough about Kelly to predict her behavior.

I've seen enough IMO to make the judgment that she is one stupid woman with her "I'm gonna have this baby no matter if two hunters, a witch, an angel, and the King of Hell said it's gonna be the Devil's spawn, and my baby daddy's eyes glowed red as he was trying to strangle me to death .and my hand set a bible on fire!" 

Good grief, I HATE THIS PLOTLINE WITH THE FIRE OF ALL THE SUNS IN ALL THE UNIVERSES.

• Love 1

2nd Unit is usually pick-up shots and the likes. It sounds like a big effects palooza but they haven`t really done any "epic" storyline this Season which would explain that. It`s evidently going to be Lucifer/Spawn-related. But I think ultimately it will be some effects in the Finale and then fizzle out next Season.

I heard about the big epic world-changing thing and "the world will never be the same again" before. The angels falling, the Darkness being released, even God and the Darkness joining last Season were probably all considered big "epic" effects-heavy Finales and we all know how that turned out. They don`t have the budget for a consistent dystopian world afterwards so it`s never going to happen.  At best (worst) they will do the Sci-Fi cliché of scary portal in the sky.   

The Berlanti-verse shows, by their nature, have cornered the CW market on effects extravaganza anyway.  

So IMO Mary doesn`t have much of a problem with Ketch so far because she isn`t that far removed from his way of thinking. That wasn`t true of her younger self from what we saw and previously I wouldn`t have thought it was true about Pilot!Mary but the resurrected version appears to have ice-water in her veins. Bad Amara, baaaad. 

Brought over from the all episodes thread

The only way they can in any way redeem her to me has more to do with the bolded part of Aeryn's post here, in that, to me, she'd have to have been brought back "wrong" or with something off about her, but I'm 99.99999...% sure that they aren't going there.

I think that her redemption will more likely come in the same/similar form that they believe they "redeemed" John in IMTOD-by sacrificing her life for her sons.

So to finish my post off here, I think that Lucifer will either kill just Mary or all of the Winchesters in the finale-and maybe even Cas, too. Everyone dies-except Crowley. That's my official spec and guess. ;-D

Edited by Myrelle
6 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So to finish my post off here, I think that Lucifer will either kill just Mary or all of the Winchesters in the finale-and maybe even Cas, too. Everyone dies-except Crowley. That's my official spec and guess. ;-D

That would actually be an impressive ending that I sure wouldn't see coming LOL.

I don`t think they will "kill" everyone because then they would have to think of ways how to nullify this in the Season Premiere. Cas`s resurrection can be handwaved as they always are but the brothers? Both at once?

Granted, they could still do it but they have to know how unsuspenseful that would be. Everyone knows there is a Season 13 so obviously any death sentence is overturned immediately. I wouldn`t even get particularly angry at Lucifer because who cares if he killed them when I know they can`t actually be killed within the context of the show?   

So, yes, it would surprise me but more in a "seriously? you are that lame?" way. 

Susanne Gomez (a senior publicity person at CW) just watched the s12 finales and tweeted

Watching one of the best #Supernatural episodes I've ever seen. ALL. THE. FEELINGS! Bravo @jarpad and @JensenAckles

I know she is meant to promote the show, but that sounds promising. We are desperately overdue for some good, emotional scenes between the brothers. S12 had been terribly short of them. Hope that's what she means.

Edited by Geordiegirl1967
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Susanne Gomez (a senior publicity person at CW) just watched the s12 finales and tweeted

I know she is meant to promote the show, but that sounds promising. We are desperately overdue for some good, emotional scenes between the brothers. S12 had been terribly short of them. Hope that's what she means.

I would imagine so! The finale usually has a big brother scene of some sort. Just think of how seasons 8 and 9 with all their bro on bro angst ultimately ended with the church scene or the "I lied" scene. I'd be surprised if this finale didn't have some sort of big scene for them too. 

• Love 1

She has now tweeted more

. @JensenAckles deserves all the awards. That scene... #needtofixmymakeup

Brother moments are the best. #Supernatural

Damn it. Now @jarpad made me cry. I just touched up my makeup too. I need to go hug some people.

She said it was 'part of the 2 part finale'. I think she must be watching part 1 i.e. ep 22. They haven't even finished filming the last ep. 

Definitely sounds emotional and focused on the brothers which is what I like to hear.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I would imagine so! The finale usually has a big brother scene of some sort. Just think of how seasons 8 and 9 with all their bro on bro angst ultimately ended with the church scene or the "I lied" scene. I'd be surprised if this finale didn't have some sort of big scene for them too. 

Every single finale has had a big emotional brothers moment AFAIR. Or at least the penulitmate episode for sure. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case again. That said.

I'm thinking there is something else going on here because some one asked if Jared was getting a meaty emotional scene in response to the following tweet, which makes me wonder if the emotional stuff is between Dean and another character vs Dean and Sam per se and maybe Sam has another emotional moment not necessarily with Dean.  I swear to Gods, I'm fully prepared for them to kill off Cas and I just can't handle that thought.

7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Every single finale has had a big emotional brothers moment AFAIR. Or at least the penulitmate episode for sure. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case again. That said.

I'm thinking there is something else going on here because some one asked if Jared was getting a meaty emotional scene in response to the following tweet, which makes me wonder if the emotional stuff is between Dean and another character vs Dean and Sam per se and maybe Sam has another emotional moment not necessarily with Dean.  I swear to Gods, I'm fully prepared for them to kill off Cas and I just can't handle that thought.

As we've discussed before I too share your thoughts on the high likelihood of Cas being dead by the end of the season. However, I don't think this is what Gomez is referring to. From what @Geordiegirl1967 said, and the fact they haven't finished filming 12x23 yet, she must be watching 12x22 which is the "first half" of the finale. Castiel isn't appearing in that episode so it can't be a death scene of his IMO. The only thing I can think of that could make it remotely Cas related is that he dies at the end of this weeks ep and they only learn of if in 12x22. However, I'd consider even that unlikely as I think the brothers would be there to witness his death for maximum impact. 

Edited by Wayward Son
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm thinking there is something else going on here

Well she did tweet 

Brother moments are the best. #Supernatural

So I'm guessing that's what she is referring to. This ep is the BMoL ep, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see the end of Mary in it. I don't think they will kill her, but I can see her going off with the BMoL to help them root out the rot, or volunteering to go back to heaven. That could lead to emotional scenes between each of the boys, and each other and Mary.

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

However, I don't think this is what Gomez is referring to.

Oh sorry. I didn't mean to imply that the emotional scene with Jensen was necessarily WITH Cas per se.  It could be about any other character and Dean, maybe Mary, maybe Cas

. I just thought her answer to the person was more like Sam has a separate story from what she was tweeting re Jensen's emotional scene.

Just now, Geordiegirl1967 said:

So I'm guessing that's what she is referring to. This ep is the BMoL ep, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see the end of Mary in it. I don't think they will kill her, but I can see her going off with the BMoL to help them root out the rot, or volunteering to go back to heaven. That could lead to emotional scenes between each of the boys, and each other and Mary.

Yes, I know. I saw that tweet as well. 

I'm just interpreting her reply to that Twitter user which seems to point to Sam having a story that is not necessarily part of the emotional scene of Jensen's she was tweeting about.

1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

I'm betting the ranch on it being two separate scenes of each of them with Mary. I mean that would have to happen before she dies/sacrifices herself, IMO.

This makes sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh sorry. I didn't mean to imply that the emotional scene with Jensen was necessarily WITH Cas per se.  It could be about any other character and Dean, maybe Mary, maybe Cas

. I just thought her answer to the person was more like Sam has a separate story from what she was tweeting re Jensen's emotional scene.

Ah sorry I think I misread your post. 

Yeah, I have no clue what she's referring to, but I could easily see there being a concluding scene between the three Winchesters like you and @Myrelle suggested. Then a scene between Sam and Dean about it once she's gone hence the "brother moments are the best tweet", or it could just all be about the brothers. Who knows haha

Edited by Wayward Son

It seems to me Chico must have been referring to 12.22 or the dailies from 12.23 since they are still doing 2nd unit for 12.23. Mark S tweeted that pic of him and Misha from a few days ago and the location was Squamish BC, which implies to me that Cas and Crowley are in 12.23. 

• Love 1

I'd say the scene she's referring to is Dean's confrontation with Mary where he talks about the deal.  There is probably a scene later with Sam where Mary apologizes for the deal and the effect it had on him.

As for the cliffhanger, it could be that not everyone is dead, it could be similar to season 1 where everyone's fate is up in the air.  There was that spoiler about everyone being in a perilous predicament.    Then they dont have to worry trying to get out of it.

• Love 3

There was that spoiler about everyone being in a perilous predicament.    Then they dont have to worry trying to get out of it.

Maybe. They pretty much did that at the end of Season 11 and was that supposed to be suspenseful or something? OMG, a shot fired. Has a lead character been killed? Hm, let me think. Unless an actor wants to leave, shows should tread lightly on putting main characters in so-called peril as a cliffhanger. 

And the show usually resolves them like that one parody episode of Stargate where the team was in a ridiculously outmatched position where no escape would have been possible and the very next shot showed them arriving back at their base, saying "wow, that was close, right?" I just don`t think SPN does that sort of thing on purpose with self-awareness. 

• Love 3