Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

So, Se7en, with the gluttonous guy.  

I can't remember -- what was damaging Cas, the souls or the Leviathan?  Or both?  I mean, how many souls did Cas take in?  Thousands?  Millions?  I don't see how they could collect enough souls to damage Amara, but what do I know?

Is there a spell in the Book of the Damned that makes a soul more powerful?

19 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

So, Se7en, with the gluttonous guy.  

I can't remember -- what was damaging Cas, the souls or the Leviathan?  Or both?  I mean, how many souls did Cas take in?  Thousands?  Millions?  I don't see how they could collect enough souls to damage Amara, but what do I know?

Is there a spell in the Book of the Damned that makes a soul more powerful?

I believe it was the souls that were overloading Cass, not the leviathans themselves. Too much power for one vessel to contain. Perhaps that's what they're thinking of doing with Amara? 

Disclaimer: I haven't watched the promo.

• Love 1

These spoilers from Jensen & Jared at the J2 JIBCon7 panel worry me.

Jensen says that the s11 finale was the most collaborative effort between actors, writers, and crew in the history of the show. They spent a lot of time talking with Dabb and Singer. 

Jensen says that given a conversation he has with a character in the finale, their mission might pave their way to heaven. Jared says the contrary as in there’s another faction trying to pull them into hell. 

I have the feeling if it were a perfect script and masterfully directed,  J & J wouldn't feel the need to spend "a lot of time talking with Dabb and Singer."  I'm imagining the 2 of them reading the script for the first time and screaming WTF??!!

The second comment sounds like business as usual for SPN.

15 minutes ago, auntvi said:

These spoilers from Jensen & Jared at the J2 JIBCon7 panel worry me.

I have the feeling if it were a perfect script and masterfully directed,  J & J wouldn't feel the need to spend "a lot of time talking with Dabb and Singer."  I'm imagining the 2 of them reading the script for the first time and screaming WTF??!!

The second comment sounds like business as usual for SPN.

Just to add:

And apparently Genevieve has a photo op now along with Jared at JIBcon7

She's never done photo ops at cons has she?? Gods please don't let this portend that Ruby is coming back to the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

LOL! I can imagine how those conversations went. Jared says, "I cried when I read this script. And not in a good way."

26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And apparently Genevieve has a photo op now along with Jared at JIBcon7

I bet it was part of his contract with JIBcon that Gen travels with him, for support.  I'm tempted to make a joke about her deciding to keep Jared on a shorter leash.

Edited by auntvi
grammar
17 minutes ago, auntvi said:

LOL! I can imagine how those conversations went. Jared says, "I cried when I read this script. And not in a good way."

I bet it was part of his contract with JIBcon that Gen travels with him, for support.  I'm tempted to make a joke about her deciding to keep Jared on a shorter leash.

Doesn't his family come with him on most cons? 

So Genevieve was in Jared's M&G and she will apparently be in one of his solo panels.  No disrespect to Genevive but if I had paid a fuckton of money to see Jared's panel and was not told before I plunked down the money, that his wife would be joining him, I'd be pissed, especially since I hate Ruby. Like to me that's not a bonus, like at all.  But I suppose it's more dough for the Padalecki family.  

Her doing photos and autos, I wouldn`t mind. Noone has to buy tickets or go if they don`t want to. In terms of M&G and panels, it would depend how much she participates. In any case, I doubt this means anything for Ruby coming back. This is just not something I see happening atm. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

So Genevieve was in Jared's M&G and she will apparently be in one of his solo panels.  No disrespect to Genevive but if I had paid a fuckton of money to see Jared's panel and was not told before I plunked down the money, that his wife would be joining him, I'd be pissed, especially since I hate Ruby. Like to me that's not a bonus, like at all.  But I suppose it's more dough for the Padalecki family.  

I can understand that, but this is the place he had his big issue at last year so I can see her being there for emotional support.  And honestly, having sat through two of his M&G and each one there was at least ONE person in each who told a heart-rending story of depression and near/attempted suicide, these M&G's get intense.  Creation has (in the last year) requested people simply thank the cast for their support and not dominate a particular interchange with lengthy stories about how they have been helped.  They ask you to write a letter instead.  So for MinnCon (last year) we had 3 very emotional stories from 20 people in Jared's panel and it was essentially a therapy session for them.  At DCCon it went down to 1 and it was much lighter engagement.  BUT, I don't know if there will be as much restraint at JIBCon.  It's evident to me that there are many people who get to these M&G's with the intent of thanking the stars from a personal level. And Jared is VERY empathetic.  I suspect Gen didn't want him emotionally torn up again.  So perhaps she volunteered to be there to help him if that happens.  Or perhaps her presence will limit the amount of personal stories.  I just know, she was the one who had a husband who left Rome last year in a distressed state and took care of him afterwords.  I'd have probably done the same.  

And on another note, Misha brought West to his M&G with us in DCCon.  It was a bit distracting but it's his perogative.  Having been in two M&G with both he and Mark Sheppard, I found neither spend time talking about the show or their characters.  If asked a direct question about the show, they respond and move on quickly to just small chit-chat.  So really, what happens at these M&Gs is sort of up to the star and that's consistent for all four, not just Jared.   

As for payment, the fee is for the session,since she wasn't pre-announced, there would be no difference in total dollars.  And I suspect the impromptu add for photo ops was in response to questions.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3

I think Gen was part of some panels last year, if I recall correctly.  I remember her being there with Jared, and another one where Misha was carrying her around when he interrupted Jared's panel.  That might have actually been the same one, but I don't think this year is the first time.

I don't know what to think about the season ender.  The comments about all of them working together don't necessarily make me feel better.  And as for next year's story arc...please no more God or Amara.

(edited)
30 minutes ago, SueB said:

As for payment, the fee is for the session,since she wasn't pre-announced, there would be no difference in total dollars.  And I suspect the impromptu add for photo ops was in response to questions.  

? I guess my comment wasn't clear.  I wasn't meaning the M&G.  I was talking about her possibly ending up on Jared's panel for more than a couple of minutes. 

As a person watching con videos and not paying for the panel, I can sit here and say OH that's really cute, but I'd be pissed if I paid to watch Misha look after his child for 40 minutes. I would say the same thing if J2 had their kids on stage with them the whole time. Or if Ruby is there with Jared the whole time. Bring them out for a couple of minutes? Sure no problem. Or if one of the guests had to leave or fell ill or something. It's one thing if the actors crash each other's panels because the panel 'crashing' is a staged thing to make the transition between one guest to another or from a solo to a dual panel. 

Edited by catrox14
34 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

? I guess my comment wasn't clear.  I wasn't meaning the M&G.  I was talking about her possibly ending up on Jared's panel for more than a couple of minutes. 

As a person watching con videos and not paying for the panel, I can sit here and say OH that's really cute, but I'd be pissed if I paid to watch Misha look after his child for 40 minutes. I would say the same thing if J2 had their kids on stage with them the whole time. Or if Ruby is there with Jared the whole time. Bring them out for a couple of minutes? Sure no problem. Or if one of the guests had to leave or fell ill or something. It's one thing if the actors crash each other's panels because the panel 'crashing' is a staged thing to make the transition between one guest to another or from a solo to a dual panel. 

I see.  Well, everyone goes to these for different reasons. I'm more into show stuff, many are there for insight into the individual actors. With enough con videos out there, I'd say anyone who went there and expect a straight answer out of Mark Sheppard has misaligned expectations.  Same for Misha and show talk.  He just doesn't.  Only J2 really give spoilers.  I think the others are more afraid of the studio.  

1 minute ago, SueB said:

I see.  Well, everyone goes to these for different reasons. I'm more into show stuff, many are there for insight into the individual actors. With enough con videos out there, I'd say anyone who went there and expect a straight answer out of Mark Sheppard has misaligned expectations.  Same for Misha and show talk.  He just doesn't.  Only J2 really give spoilers.  I think the others are more afraid of the studio.  

The cons are about the show and the shows actors and their careers. Sharing tidbits about their lives or a cute kid story is one thing. But I swear the personal questions about their lives has become more important than show questions especially at Creation cons. We've gotten more show questions from JIBcon than most of the creation cons lately. That might just be because it happens right around the finale time.

I do believe that Gen did a full panel with Jared last year, not just a walk on.  Misha is the one who crashed their panel.  Since Gen was an actress on the show, and since they seem to welcome actors and actresses whose roles were much smaller than hers, I don't think it's inappropriate that she be there.  And since she's married to Jared, I guess it's fitting they do at least one together.  For the fans who go to drool and fantasize about their favorites, I'm sure having the wife right there could be a bit of a downer.  And I don't mean that in a negative way, as evidenced by my comments in the Eye Candy thread.  I'm all for the drooling!!

Having watched a few con videos, I honestly can't watch much of either Misha or Mark.  They make me a bit crazy after a bit.  Though I do enjoy when Misha and Jensen get together.  Nothing of importance is discussed, but they certainly are entertaining together.

5 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I do believe that Gen did a full panel with Jared last year, not just a walk on.  Misha is the one who crashed their panel.  Since Gen was an actress on the show, and since they seem to welcome actors and actresses whose roles were much smaller than hers, I don't think it's inappropriate that she be there.

? Okay I feel like we are having different conversations. I never said it's inappropriate for Genevieve to have a panel. Where is that coming from? She was on the show.  This is not about Genevieve per se. Any actor that was on the show could be a guest and be part of a panel.

But my point, which I guess, I'm failing to make, is if I paid to see a Jared solo panel and there was nothing implied that the Jared solo panel would become a full joint panel with another actor, even Jensen,  I'd be annoyed.  A few minutes of another actor on stage with the main panel guest or towards the end of the panel is no big deal but it becoming a full joint panel for the entire time I would be irritated. It might be entertaining but it's not what I was being sold. 

I understand, Catrox.  I haven't a clue whether her participation in Jared's panel was announced or not, honestly.  I don't believe it was last year, based on some of the comments I read at that time.  I think it was more of a "special guest" thing and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same this year.  I'm sure there are plenty of fans there who feel exactly as you do.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I understand, Catrox.  I haven't a clue whether her participation in Jared's panel was announced or not, honestly.  I don't believe it was last year, based on some of the comments I read at that time.  I think it was more of a "special guest" thing and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same this year.  I'm sure there are plenty of fans there who feel exactly as you do.

She may have been at asylum, but she was not at JIB Jared canceled to go home.  

Edited by Diane

Yes, I know he wasn't there.  I was just saying that Gen did join Jared at one of his solo panels last year.  I think it was right before he cancelled to go home.  Maybe he feels better with her there.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Yes, I know he wasn't there.  I was just saying that Gen did join Jared at one of his solo panels last year.  I think it was right before he cancelled to go home.  Maybe he feels better with her there

Yes, I know he wasn't there.  I was just saying that Gen did join Jared at one of his solo panels last year.  I think it was right before he cancelled to go home.  Maybe he feels better with her there.

I agree with you, she did his asylum panel with him, which was right before he had to go home last spring.  I would think that his wife's presence would be very helpful and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Edited by Diane
6 minutes ago, Diane said:

I agree with you, she did his asylum panel with him, which was right before he had to go home last spring.  I would think that his wife's presence would be very helpful and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Okay who said there was anything wrong her being there to support him?

I don't think anyone thinks that's what you meant, Catrox.  I absolutely get where you're coming from, and like I said above, I'm sure there are plenty of fans who were there last year, and probably just as many this year, who would rather Gen not be part of Jared's solo panel for the very reasons you mention.  There's nothing wrong with that at all.  

There are probably an equal number of fans who love it because it gives them a glimpse into Jared's private life, and some people want that.  So I don't know whether they think having her as a "surprise" is a good thing for fans, or a bad thing.  I'm not sure they care, and that's probably partly your point.  They should at least mention it so people could make an educated decision before purchasing their tickets for a solo panel.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

? Okay I feel like we are having different conversations. I never said it's inappropriate for Genevieve to have a panel. Where is that coming from? She was on the show.  This is not about Genevieve per se. Any actor that was on the show could be a guest and be part of a panel.

But my point, which I guess, I'm failing to make, is if I paid to see a Jared solo panel and there was nothing implied that the Jared solo panel would become a full joint panel with another actor, even Jensen,  I'd be annoyed.  A few minutes of another actor on stage with the main panel guest or towards the end of the panel is no big deal but it becoming a full joint panel for the entire time I would be irritated. It might be entertaining but it's not what I was being sold. 

13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Okay who said there was anything wrong her being there to support him?

You did or at least that is what I took from your comment above. (I apologize if I am misunderstanding your comment) All I was saying that his solo panel that she did last year at Asylum was when he seemed to start having problems and went home after that convention, so I am just saying I don't see anything wrong with it. My opinion only.

Edited by Diane
6 minutes ago, Diane said:

You did or at least that is what I took from your comment above. (I apologize if I am misunderstanding your comment) All I was saying that his solo panel that she did last year at Asylum was when he seemed to start having problems and went home after that convention, so I am just saying I don't see anything wrong with it. My opinion only.

Yeah you got the wrong end of the stick completely.

If she is there with him at this con for moral support that's great but that is a separate thing than what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah you got the wrong end of the stick completely.

If she is there with him at this con for moral support that's great but that is a separate thing than what I'm talking about.

Then again I completely apologize.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I don't think anyone thinks that's what you meant, Catrox.  I absolutely get where you're coming from, and like I said above, I'm sure there are plenty of fans who were there last year, and probably just as many this year, who would rather Gen not be part of Jared's solo panel for the very reasons you mention.  There's nothing wrong with that at all.  

There are probably an equal number of fans who love it because it gives them a glimpse into Jared's private life, and some people want that.  So I don't know whether they think having her as a "surprise" is a good thing for fans, or a bad thing.  I'm not sure they care, and that's probably partly your point.  They should at least mention it so people could make an educated decision before purchasing their tickets for a solo panel.

Yes. This is what I've been trying to say. And again it's not about Genevieve per se like I said before. It's like if they added I dunno Jake Abel to a Jensen panel at the last minute.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

I will say that at least for Creation, they put a disclaimer that last minute changes can occur and there's no refund.  For example, Matt Cohen had to work on the Friday I had a photo op called "Pre-Game" which was supposed to be R2M.  So they stuck "Death" (Julian Richings) in as a substitute.  It worked great IMO, Julian's an awesome guy.  

But... back to spoilers....So in addition to the data we got, we also got:

- Jensen said 'sometimes we win and sometimes we ......  uhhhh... win later. Yeah, win later.' stopping mid-sentence to avoid a spoiler.  

So, I'm thinking things end up dire...

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, SueB said:

I will say that at least for Creation, they put a disclaimer that last minute changes can occur and there's no refund.  For example, Matt Cohen had to work on the Friday I had a photo op called "Pre-Game" which was supposed to be R2M.  So they stuck "Death" (Julian Richings) in as a substitute.  It worked great IMO, Julian's an awesome guy.  

And I accounted for that kind of scenario in my early posts on the subject.

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Or if one of the guests had to leave or fell ill or something.

Something like Matt Cohen being unable to attend because he's working is a 'something'. They filled his time with someone else. Or like Jensen having to do multiple panels to substitute for Jared's absence last year. That is totally understandable. But I don't think that's the same as adding someone in addition to the solo guest.

Well anyway, it would bug me, but others may disagree. YMMV

11 minutes ago, SueB said:

But... back to spoilers....So in addition to the data we got, we also got:

- Jensen said 'sometimes we win and sometimes we ......  uhhhh... win later. Yeah, win later.' stopping mid-sentence to avoid a spoiler.  

So, I'm thinking things end up dire.

And Jensen has confirmed a big scene between Cas and Dean...

I know there are lots of Destiel fans out there, but I will be extremely annoyed if the writers go there.  They've already ramped up Dean's reaction to Cas being Lucifered, and I haven't really liked it.  He's always thought of Cas as a friend/family member, and I know that he loves him, but they've gone totally the opposite with Sam's feelings...it's like he couldn't care less about Cas, like he's just a casual acquaintance instead of part of their team.  So it's made Dean's concern for Cas seem almost over-the-top.

I've had to stomach the whole Chuck as God retcon, so having Dean suddenly realize he's in love with Cas will pretty much push me over the edge.  It's bullshit.  Dean has been the same guy for 11 years.  His sexuality has not been ambiguous.  If they cave on this, then they absolutely are letting the fans run the show.  It will not make me happy.

• Love 3
On 2016-05-20 at 5:43 PM, catrox14 said:

I've certainly had occasion to read it as "OMG my boyfriend" but so what? I know it will never be canon. Most Destiel shippers know it won't be canon. That isn't going to stop my occasional Destiel shipping.

If TPTB are seeking to quell the Destiel shipping by contriving ways to keep Dean and Cas apart, and then NO HOMO the crap out of it when they are together, the more they bring attention to the Destiel of it all, because it's obvious that's what they are doing. LOL It's like, 'ICWYDT' but it's not going to change everything I've seen and how I interpret their relationship. AND NO this is not about sex. It's just about how I see their relationship.  But that's just me. No one has to agree with me. And no one is going to be successful with trying to shame me or disprove my interpretation :).

Oh goodness, I did not mean to try and shame anyone about shipping preferences! It wouldn't even make sense because I fucking ADORE those two! My concern, apparently poorly expressed (and my apologies for that), is that I fear that there will be vocal backlash when Dean/Cas doesn't happen (I can't in good faith believe that TPTB will actually go there), resulting in TPTB going back to 'out of sight, out of mind' Cas.

I am praying that TPTB say 'damn the risks' and let Dean and Cas have screentime together again. This season may have been a wonderful break from Cas for Misha, but I miss my angel (and, thanks to the writing this season, I know Dean has been missing him too!)  ;)

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I know there are lots of Destiel fans out there, but I will be extremely annoyed if the writers go there.  They've already ramped up Dean's reaction to Cas being Lucifered, and I haven't really liked it.  He's always thought of Cas as a friend/family member, and I know that he loves him, but they've gone totally the opposite with Sam's feelings...it's like he couldn't care less about Cas, like he's just a casual acquaintance instead of part of their team.  So it's made Dean's concern for Cas seem almost over-the-top.

I've had to stomach the whole Chuck as God retcon, so having Dean suddenly realize he's in love with Cas will pretty much push me over the edge.  It's bullshit.  Dean has been the same guy for 11 years.  His sexuality has not been ambiguous.  If they cave on this, then they absolutely are letting the fans run the show.  It will not make me happy.

How have they ramped up anything with Dean and Cas? They've barely spent anytime on screen together this season. Is it because Dean is openly expressing his genuine concern and caring for Cas and gave a fuck that he's not being destroyed by Lucifer?  This isn't the first time Dean has shown extended concern for Cas' welfare. He spent  a year in Purgatory when he didn't have to find him and wouldn't leave him behind when he did. To me this is just a revisit to the dynamic that was lost when Dean took on the Mark and became a demon.

Sam has never been particularly close to Cas even with the First Born hug and partners in crime. They do not have the same connection as Dean and Cas. To me Dean worrying about Cas is pretty much on par with how he worries about all the people he loves.  

Even if they imply Destiel as a canon romantic coupling they sure as hell aren't going to seal it with a kiss on screen.

Just because shippers on Twitter or Tumblr read it that way doesn't mean anyone else has too. Both interpretations are valid.

Edited by catrox14
21 minutes ago, NoWillToResist said:

h goodness, I did not mean to try and shame anyone about shipping preferences! It wouldn't even make sense because I fucking ADORE those two! My concern, apparently poorly expressed (and my apologies for that), is that I fear that there will be vocal backlash when Dean/Cas doesn't happen (I can't in good faith believe that TPTB will actually go there), resulting in TPTB going back to 'out of sight, out of mind' Cas.

Oh I didn't think you were shaming me. I was just saying in general. I didn't mean to imply YOU as in YOU personally. It's all good.

19 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

How have they ramped up anything with Dean and Cas?

All Dean has done all season is cry out for Cas.  I'm not saying he shouldn't or doesn't care deeply for him, but it just seems overdone this year.  There were a few scenes in particular that I thought were not at all how Dean would react.  The one was when they were trying to trap Lucifer and have Catiel cast him out.  Hell, even Lucifer made fun of Dean on that one.  And on the opposite side, they've had Sam show little to no concern for Cas, which also seems out of character for him.  

Actually, when I think about it, there have been a good number of scenes that have seemed out of character for both Sam and Dean this year.  Again, I will blame the writing.

25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Even if they imply Destiel as a canon romantic coupling they sure as hell aren't going to seal it with a kiss on screen.

Just because shippers on Twitter or Tumblr read it that way doesn't mean anyone else has too. Both interpretations are valid.

I disagree with the above only in that the story has been written one way for 11 years, and the actors are on record as stating that their relationship is not romantic, and the character of Dean has been played as a stereotypical straight man, so any other interpretation is really just wishful thinking on some fans' parts.  And I get that and don't have an issue with anyone's particular ship, as long as they can separate the two.  There are an equal number of Wincest fans out there, and their ship is just as valid as anyone else's, but I don't want the show going that route, either.  The fans can ship whomever they want, but I don't want the show making any u-turns at this point in the game just to appease a group of fans.  Just my opinion, obviously.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I disagree with the above only in that the story has been written one way for 11 years, and the actors are on record as stating that their relationship is not romantic, and the character of Dean has been played as a stereotypical straight man, so any other interpretation is really just wishful thinking on some fans' parts.  And I get that and don't have an issue with anyone's particular ship, as long as they can separate the two.  There are an equal number of Wincest fans out there, and their ship is just as valid as anyone else's, but I don't want the show going that route, either.  The fans can ship whomever they want, but I don't want the show making any u-turns at this point in the game just to appease a group of fans.  Just my opinion, obviously

The show can be written however they want to write it. Characters change all the time. They have to change or they die.

Dean was one night stand dude until we found out that  he was in love with Cassie. Dean was committed to life on the road until I guess he'd always really wanted the apple pie life. (RME) Dean was smitten with Lisa for like 2 years but we didn't learn that until s5.

Sam didn't want the hunting life....not really...and then this season he realized he did. Sam didn't view the Bunker as home..until this season after 3 years of living there.

The Trickster wasn't an archangel  until he was.
Bobby wasn't the surrogate father until he was
Reapers weren't angels until they were.
Chuck/God wasn't pansexual until he was.

Since God is canon pansexual then IMO all human beings in SPNverse are pansexual in their basic DNA since he made humans in his image. And I am not being snarky.

Dean may not be in love with Cas at all. Dean may be the most Hetero Dude to Hetero and will stay that away.  Or he might find out that he can be in love at the ancient age of 37 with another man/entity. That does happen to people IRL. If the writers want to do it they will and that doesn't mean they caved to shippers. It means they have found value in the storytelling to taking Dean's character in that direction.

Do I think they will? Absolutely not. But there is no reason they can't with the advent of pansexual God.

I dunno. Anything is possible without it being 'caving to shippers'

YMMV.

Who said they were going to go canon destiel?  I agree with the poster above who said the PTB ought to just put MC back into scenes with JA again.  What is the point of having Misha/Cas if they never use him, or don't get their money's worth?

(edited)

I personally think they have caved to the fans quite a bit in recent weeks, but that's just my opinion.  And yes, the beauty of fiction is that the author can do whatever the hell they want with a character at any time.  But that's sort of my point.  I would like them to remain true to the character they've written, but they're going to do what they're going do, whatever that may be.  I've expressed my opinion, and I will just leave it at that.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 1

They don't have to do destiel.  Just use Misha for Chuck's sake!  As an atheist, I have been using "Chuck" in place of my "god" swear words since Swan Song.  Now it feels both better and worse.  But back to the show.  Is it too late to hope that we could get a reset?  I really hated the death of Death, and this season has been very lame.  If I didn't love Dean so much I would just jettison the show.

3 minutes ago, Goldmoon said:

Who said they were going to go canon destiel?

No one said that, really, it's all just speculation.  And I agree 100% that Cas should be back interacting with Dean again, because they play well off each other.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Goldmoon said:

They don't have to do destiel.  Just use Misha for Chuck's sake!  As an atheist, I have been using "Chuck" in place of my "god" swear words since Swan Song.  Now it feels both better and worse.  But back to the show.  Is it too late to hope that we could get a reset?  I really hated the death of Death, and this season has been very lame.  If I didn't love Dean so much I would just jettison the show.

There have been parts of this season that have felt fresh and that I've really enjoyed.  The biggest one is that Sam and Dean actually talk to each other.  I got so tired of them either out and out lying to one another, or just keeping information from each other out of some misguided idea that they being protective.  It used to drive me up the wall, and I pray they don't go back to it.  It's been great to see them working together.

I absolutely loved Baby and I've enjoyed others a great deal...Thin Lizzie, Plush, Safe House, Into the Mystic, Beyond the Mat, Don't Forget About Me, parts of Just My Imagination...there have definitely been some good episodes.  But the myth arc episodes have been the weakest ones, IMO, and that's because the Big Bad was very poorly thought out.

• Love 1